Welcome to the Jungle

The cracking and splintering of the wood and trees would have been a problem had he not got that ward up, which gave him some protection form it. "Thank you." Ivellious says as he lowers the barrier. The fact that this trap was here left him only with more questions. This thing really shouldn't have been, given how old this place was. Had somebody set this trap up for people? "Okay, I think I'll be staying away from the glyphs for now." he comments as he takes a few steps back. He then clears his throat. "I can study this when time is less dire, we should probably get moving or something." he adds as he looks back towards the trail they had been so closely following before.

@The Fabulous Emerald

Somewhere far off in the distance heard the cracking of many trees as their bark had splintered. What was that? One of the Thorn Hulks that roamed the jungle being smashed? Mehran knew the magical beasts were extremely territorial, so he wouldn't be surprised at the thought of a fight breaking out between two or more of them. As the lich stepped over some patches of thorny plants he found himself in an area less thick than the surroundings. Among the trees and other things was a giant ziggarut, covered in plants and worn down by time and the elements. It was a place the priest knew of all too well. A 'holy' site for those of his faith and a place that was required to be entered as part of the initiation ritual into the priesthood of Alkathos. Attuned to the dead and spirits that surrounded the place, he could feel both their anger and indignation as if being bothered by something within. It was in here he could pick out the faint traces of his quarry.

It was time to bring retribution to this heretic, and reclaim what was taken from him as well.

His spider Lilthea crawled down from his shoulder and to the ground, then going forward and up into a tree, spinning itself a web with a nervous, industrious energy to catch itself some prey. "Stay here, dear familiar." Mehran says in his soft spoken tone to the spider. "I've already had one snatched me, I don't need to lose you over something as well." It was then that he felt something watching him. Knowing this area, it was likely ghostly in nature. Sadly for it, he could see the incorporeal dead quite well. The burning, hateful eyes of that shade floating him gave him little in the way of trepidation. If it was only one, then it was likely just a scouting one. Which meant his presence would already be know. Screw it, he wanted to play cat and mouse with the inferior thing but today he would play no games.

Quickly whipping out a dark violet gem Mehran says a few quick words. "Gh'tu spiritus sanctum entu et ti dominus!" came the incantation, at this point out of instinct. The soulstones were one of many tools he could have at his disposal for dealing with spirits and trapping them. Many time he even sucked the soul straight from living beings to trap them, too. As the dark spirit screamed lously in a tone not unlike a banshee it slowly but surely was sucked into the stone, it glowing a brighter violet once its essence brought into the gem. "Heh, first his minions then him." the lich laughed a little to himself as he progressed forwards towards his destination. 

"Yes, let's."

Lumdran keeps walking into the ruins, after breaking the connection between him and the earth beneath him. He still has his axe ready, and decides to activate the fire enchant on his axe igniting it in a red flame. You know, just in case. Like usual, he takes the lead.

(lumdran: "hmm...i have this axe, which can easily cut through this tree creature, that also can be set on fire...i know! i'll blow up a 20metre diameter part of the jungle using hilariously unstable and frankly dangerous magic! god, i am a genius.")

(brilliant.jpg)

As they kept going forever forward Ivellious heard the sound of something falling down from the trees. "Hey, did you hear that?" he asks his orc companion. "There might be something watching us here." he quickly and quietly whispers to him.

@The Fabulous Emerald 

@Galaxy's Silver Linging

Last edited by a moderator:
"I think we should both go, just in case its something pretty dangerous." Ivellious replies to him as he looked round. "We should deal with it before we move on."

Selene scrambled for the treeline, breathing in gulps of air as she had to sprint several meters to reach her destination. She hadn't looked back, and didn't plan to, as she climbed and undamaged tree, gripping it's knobs and branches to reach the canopy of the top in mere seconds.

@The Fabulous Emerald @CoreyXIX

As Ivellious followed and looked around from the scuffling sounds he kept behind his companion. He had a defensive spell ready. "We don't mean harm, at least as long as you don't." he says in a attempt to be reassuring to whatever was out there.

((Deadass laughing my head off rn. 'I mean, I can't imagine that was silent'))

Selene peered through the canopy, her hair following the fundamental laws of gravity and dropping with her head and she pushed it through the canopy. She was hanging on a branch by the bend of her knees, her light of sight upside down and her hair dragging to the ground. Her wide eyes peered at the two men curiously. She waved, a mini-sun orbiting her index finger. "Hello!" she blurted, quickly hiding the sun.

"Hello? Are you hostile?"

Bear in mind if anyone is hostile, it's him. He currently has his staff aimed at her, and a blob of forever-changing coloured magic energy forms at the gem. The blob itself seems like it wants to be fired at something. 

(and, thats me for the night. ta ra!)

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Last edited by a moderator:
(good night Emerald!)

Ivellious peeks out from behind Lumdran with his golden yellow eyes to see the strange, new person here. How weird, he thought the land was mostly uninhabited. Had they gotten lucky and found someone? She didn't seem to be immediately hostile towards either of them. Wait, what was that that just vanished?

"Hello!" the elf calls out to her with a wave of his free hand to her. "Why not come down and join us?" he offers, both as a gesture to show they didn't wish to fight and to get a chance to closer observe her.

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Dylexia stood there smoking her pipe for quite some time now, she sense a few people, possibly in a group. They seemed to be steadily going through the jungle, a few issues happening here and there, but them pushing through it and carrying on with ease. They didn't seem like they would bother her, but her traps set throughout the jungle might cause problems for them. Chuckling to herself at that thought, she took a long drag from her pipe, her blowing the green smoke out through her nostrils. Sensing elsewhere, she felt a strange presence, one of which held similar magic to her own. Raising a brow, she stood up straight turning around and gripped the railing to her deck, her resting her pipe in her mouth before she did so. She stared for a long moment in the direction of the one man, he seemed to know this jungle, just about as well as she did. She grew somewhat curious, her holding out her hand as she spoke a spell, a glyph appearing in the palm of her hand as she did so. "Speculandi oculus." In her hand appeared a ghostly orb that resembled an eye, it hovering above her hand as she ordered it to follow and watch the single man walking amongst the jungle. She'd be watching from where she was, seeing everything the eye saw, hopefully it was something interesting for once. @CoreyXIX

Selene paused, inquiring the men's suggestions. If she didn't, the man with the staff would probably kill more trees. If she did, she could probably stay with them for the day, then use her powers at night. It wasn't a solid plan, however, because the one with the staff seemed hostile. She grimaced, lifting herself back onto the branch, and then jumped down from the tree, landing quietly on her bare feet. The sun from before was orbiting it's way up her body, finding her head as it's centerpoint and staying there.

@CoreyXIX @The Fabulous Emerald

After capturing the spirit Mehran looks at the stone as he thinks of using the spirit to his advantage. The spirit was his now, free to be twisted and turned as he saw fit. He knew the thing was capable of speech as he had used many of them in the past. Yes, this would do. Time to get a little more information out of his captive. Using some more of his foul magic he unleashes a bolt of necrotic energy into the stone and listened as he could faintly hear the echoing screech of the shade in response to his antics. Being a necromancer as powerful as he is was a boon at times, this being one of them. "Dominus ecapi." he says, letting the spirit have some limited freedom to communicate from the stone as it clearly lacked the power to do so on its own.

"How many more under him lurk ahead?" Mehran asks the shade in the stone.

"Many more. Your weak, dead form will be no match for our new Master and his dark liege." it replies, the voice coming like a cold wind from the stone as it laid out its reply in an almost taunting tone. Yet another burst of necrotic energy turned that laugh to another screech. "I speak to you only because I'm curious of what paltry amount of defenses he set up. If you wish to be destroyed keep backtalking me." the lich threatens as his soft voice carries a tone of malice to it. He gave the gem one more sickly green bolt before speaking again. "What is the heretic planning?" It was likely a useless question, but he would ask of it anyway. "I..don't know.." the shade had grown weaker from repeated blasts to its very essence and likely couldn't take much more. "Even if I die..there's still more awaiting you, Head Priest." 

The lich smiles, having yet another spell ready. "Corpsi repositi." he chants, more energy flowing from his bony fingertips into the gem. "Wait, what are you-?" the shade says as if to protest. Being a necromancer also meant knowing how to use the negative energy to heal the dead as well. The shade wouldn't be destroyed until Mehran gave it permission to. "Consider being denied a Final Rest your punishment for helping this man." he replies to the shade before cutting the communication through the stone. It looked like Mehran would be able to use some more effort in this upcoming fun time. He took the bone lantern from his belt and reached into his pocket to pull out light blue powder and sprinkled it into the torch, causing it to light a familiar cyan color. Four translucent humanoid figures soon faded into existence. They were obviously spirits in nature, although it was impossible to tell exactly what they were in life. "Once more you'll help me hunt, my servants." his soft spoken voice commands of them as they twitch a little from nerves and shuffle about. As he started walking towards the vine-covered and time eroded ziggarut he was pre pared as he started walking up the stone stairs.  @Strange_Encounters

As if to cut the hostilities that could start brewing Ivellious stepped out from behind his friend and between the two. He gave the newcomer some distance as to not agitate her and let her approach of her own volition. "As long as nobody plans on attacking, we can all be at ease." he says as an attempt to placate he kept his free hand up to show he had nothing hidden. "I'm Ivellious. May I know your name?" he asks her to see if she spoke a language they understood. This certainly was an unusual person to be found out in these parts.

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Dylexia released the eye out into the jungle, her turning to head inside her home, her long black torn robes trailing behind her as the edges glowed an ominous violet color. She headed towards the far wall, looking in between two sets a shelves where it seemed like a mirror was hanging. It was odd though because where her reflection should have been, only darkness was. Reaching up, she ran a finger over the mirror, as she did it looked like ripples in water. Soon an image could be seen and what she exactly was seeing was her little ghostly eye was seeing. It moved quickly through the jungle, finally finding the man it had been sent after. Staying a distance away, the eye watched as he spoke to a soul stone. She raised her brow and smirked intrigued a bit. "So he caught himself a shade, must be one of that others mans followers..hmm seems we have a cat and mouse chase in the jungle today." She shook her head and juat laughed, her gaze looking at the man while he headed into the ziggarut. Her waiting to see what tjis man will do next. @CoreyXIX

Well, here he was. This old place had changed a little since his last visit around a century or so ago. he look up at it as the spectral figures scampered around his feet on all fours with an awkward, speedy gait. The faint whispers of spirits and events impressed on the place were faintly picked up on by him, as if he were listening in on things muffled. Last he knew of this was still one of the important sites for those of Alkathos, so why was it so..empty feeling? This was troubling as he ascended the final step up to one of the entrances on the bottom third of the structure. Here he would carefully step foot inside as he looked around. The site itself was just as old and worn inside as it was outside, except things felt so much louder here. As he looked around he remembered quite well the route initiatives and pilgrims had to. Where he came in from was the start of that route anyway. Torches lit by blue fire were spaced on some of the walls, a sign that spirits still lurked about. However, it should have been cyan, not the navy blue he was witnessing. With a heavy sigh he knew more had been done to this place than he realized. "Go, scout around the floor." he commands the servants who quickly shoot off in random directions to scavenge around. The lich himself walks up one of the stone doorways, old symbols and such along the door frame. If his prey was where he thought, then it would be here he would have to go through. He felt as if many unseen eyes were on him, watching to see his next moves. Faint outlines and wisps were visible to him, much like mist was to regular people.

When he stepped into the small room that led to the bigger room out of habit he looked over to the carvings on the wall, mostly faded but the text still clear as a bell and written in a crimson color.

I can see what you see not-

Vision Milky, then eyes rot.

When you turn, they will be gone,

Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be-

Shadows move where light should be.

Out of darkness, out of mind.

Cast down into the Halls of the Blind

The dreaded Halls of the Blind. It was here that the unworthy would be rooted out, left to rot and die in the seeping darkness which robbed vision from those who entered. It was here that the magical and spiritual powers of those who wished to follow the Dread Father would get their first real tastes of the world beyond mere physical things. Memories of old surfaced for a few moments of his own trek through here. The consuming darkness, the deathly cold of the walls and floors, the spirits of those who failed condemning and following as they hoped to pull one more into their ranks...

No, not anymore! Mehran was far and above that now. These Halls would be an interesting retest of his power, although his success was already a foregone conclusion. He stepped forwards past the inscription, slowly pushing open that door that led into the damning darkness. It was a shame the Heretic hadn't perished in here. It would have been very fitting. @Strange_Encounters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back