Welcome to the Jungle

Seeing as the newcomer didn't attack, Lumdran lets off his magical attack into the sky in the form of a beam attack. He decides to let his friend do the talking.

Selene scowled, before turning to the friendly man. "Trespassers. What brings you here?" she asked scattering some stars in the grass before her.

"We're here on rumor that someone or something similar in power to our missing Master is somewhere in this jungle." Ivellous replies. Trespassers? Who in their right mind would want to live here and keep people out?

"No one in their right minds come here, not even to hide." She looked both men up and down, not at all frightened by their appearances. They were fit enough to survive the outskirts of the jungle, but it was what lie in the heart that should frighten them the most.

"Oh? Then I suppose you're not really here in the jungle either?" Ivellious questioningly asks her at that remark. He had heard that there was few places where people resided here. It seemed neither side here had any trepidation regarding the other since neither made any hostile remarks. "Regardless, we're obligated to at least look into it whether or not it's unlikely." he then adds to his last statement. "Once we're sure he's not here we'll be out of this place in short order."

Gog was resting against a tree, having traveled around aimlessly. He had gotten separated from his sister and was trying to reach anything that could be considered a landmark of some sort to give him a sense of direction. The forest irritated him greatly and made his uncomfortable condition only worse. "Eve?!" He shouted, his voice sounding raspy and partially robotic. He inhaled deeply, coughing as he exhaled. Gog breathed in and out for a few moments before trudging along, his spikes and sharp edges tearing the vegetation around him as he walked. "I am going to die out here like some pathetic animal!" He hissed before getting into another coughing fit. Gog was able to cover some more ground before he realized that he had made one large circle. He fell to his knees and sat on the ground, his breathing heavy and raspy. "An unfitting end..." He complained.

078f2f02ecfa9002c77572eb9d1ca39c.jpg

(Someone interact with him :DD)

Dylexia stared into the dark mirror, it reflecting the image of the man her eye followed. She tapped her chin impatiently as she watched where exactly he was going. As soon as she saw what he had gone inside she haulted her eye, she had been there, but once and there was something off about it. It had this aura that wasn't pleasant in the slightest and the only time she had been so naive to go inside, well it didn't go every well for her. Flicking her tongue in a low tsk, she knew her eyes would quickly vanish going in there. She really wanted to know what he was doing and the most she figured out was that he was following the other man that had came into thejungle just hours beforehand. Biting her lip in aggravation, she waved her hand in front of the mirror, thus making her eye disappear. She supposed she wait until he came back out to follow him soon more, she had still felt the presence of the othergroup, but they still didn't seem all that interesting to her. @CoreyXIX

Puffing on her pipe, she turned her head and sensed someone new, this person being strange all around. She tilted her head heading back out onto her deck, staring off into the direction of the new being that dared to travel through this jungle. Taking a long hard drag from her pipe, she  lew the smoke down around her body, her disappearing in the green smoke and reappearing in front of the robot looking man. She raised a brow, not seeming surprised by his over amount of coughing and gasping for a single fresh breath of air. The toxins in this jungle killed plenty of men and women over the years she had been here, her herself even growing fatally ill. After finding the right mixture of ingredients she had made an antidote that cured her and slowly made her grow used to the toxins in the air. Bending down in front of him she tilted her head, examining him that he was some sort of strange being, which he kind of was. "I suppose you don't want to die, tis shame I'd rather like you to be part of my army of the undead, but seeing as I have so many visitors in my jungle home, I'm in a slightly good mood." She again dragged off her pipe and blew smoke around not just her, but the robot man as well. Them both appearing on her deck as she left him there while she headed inside. Returning in a short whole, she held out a small vile with a grayish violet liquid. "Did it or the air here will kill you." @Tetro

Gog breathed heavily, staring at the woman in silence as she spoke. He stood back up slowly once they were on a deck. He took in another breath before speaking, "It is not the air... Darkness. I need... Darkness..... A fine specimen." He coughed and hissed, enunciating the word 'specimen' greatly as he stared at the witch. The shadows continued rolling and flowing off of him as he stepped towards her, "Tether your soul to my body. You will suffice in Eve's place." He explained. "In return for your service, I shall..." He breathed in heavily before going into another coughing fit. "Make sure you are not found..." He promised her. Gog knew that this woman was powerful, and even though he worked for Mawlock he still had his own set of standards. A life for a life seemed fair in this case.

@Strange_Encounters

Dylexia raised a brow as shepulled back the elixir, she was surprised the toxins weren't infecting his body. Watching as he drew closer saying things like he needed darkness and that she was a specimen, it intrigued her a bit. Most of her life now was bound to the shadows, she was tethered to the darkness and she was perfectly fine with it. She liked who she was and where she was and she couldnt help, but scoff at the word soul. 'What is a soul?' She thought to herself, she knew there was hardly a soul left inside her, but she supposed it might be interesting linking with this strange man that made his was closer to her. "So if I do this, I want a little something more than not being found by pesky people, I can do that myself. So I'll let you know on a later date of what I want." She grinned a devious smirk as she stepped closer, her looking up at him ready to give up her soul to him. @Tetro

As that magical, all consuming darkness surrounded and made his eyes near-useless it brought back memories once more. The chill he felt wasn't one on his skin, but from the memories of how cold it felt when he was living. Even now as someone much more powerful it still could bring forth such old thoughts from him. But now, he greeted the darkness and the chill much like one would greet an old friend after not seeing them for years on end. The embrace was much like the one that ferried him over into the state of undeath he happily occupied now. The spiritual energy could easily be felt, and with his ability to see spiritual things and feel them he could faintly make out some sense of direction from the remnants of what energy remained of his quarry. As the presences shifted about in anticipation of his first move Mehran wondered to himself if this was where the Heretic stole that shade from to use on him. If he did the lich was of mixed emotion. Somewhat insulted at the use of the holy site against him, yet a sense of admiration for using his surrounding in such a pragmatic manner. Not even he would consider such a thing unless he was in dire straits. His quarry probably was, which brought a smile across the dried, parchment-like face of the lich.

His thoughts were interrupted when one ghost decided to make it's move on him. As it quickly glided forwards towards him it struck out with its' translucent, gnarly hands and swiped through him. The chill of death lingered for but a moment even though it had little effect on him compared to something living. His soul was not there in his body, so there was little they could do to him. "Stupid spirit, your pawing only makes me chuckle." Mehran snarks as his scythe starts to glow while several more approached closer to either attack or surround him. "Away with you!" he commands loudly, his rebuke of them combined with him slamming the end of his scythe to the ground and unleashing a burst of cyan energy in a ring outwards. As it hit the ghosts they distorted and blinked out of existence for a moment as they let pained screams. As they writhed for a few more moments Mehran quickly moved forward and around two of them in front of him. They were hardly more than fodder for him now, but for a novice this death trap would have been more than enough a challenge. He would be stuck spending some time navigating this troublesome maze even with the unintended guidance and his own abilities.

Gog gave a laugh, "None escape but the chosen few. If I die, you learn what true pain is. Not even death will be brave enough to take you from Mawlock's grasp." He explained. Gog began coughing again before inhaling, "Any excess reward shall be given to you by Eve once I am found." He added. Gog stared at the woman, "Tether yourself  to me, and you will know my name." He hissed out in pain. "I warn you though... You must give before you can take once we are connected. Otherwise you will know the agony of my existence."

@Strange_Encounters

Selene shrugged. "I'll be following, then. Both of you don't know the first this about this jungle." She smirked, a little proud of herself, and continued in towards the temple, carefully stepping over the splinters of trees in her path.

Well, if she was going to follow then that probably meant she wouldn't be causing them trouble. For someone claiming to follow she was off in a hurry, but that wasn't the main concern while Ivellious went back to detection methods. There were a few more of those little traps around, so he took care not to get too close to them after last time. "Rather surprised you're so willing to tag with us. You looking for something too?" he asks her. @Galaxy's Silver Lining

As Mehran stepped through more of the maze, spirits of things trapped there and people who fell to the hazards of the Halls came to try to ruin his day yet again. Once again they were repelled. It would have been so much easier to just pull out a few soul gems and showed these spirits who was the stronger one here but he wouldn't allow himself to be tampering with things here anymore than had already occurred. The trail Mehran followed took many twists and turns and even doubled back on itself a few times in what was probably a frantic trek to get out of here. It felt like days had passed in here despite it being maybe close to an hour tops. 

The supernatural darkness didn't lift itself until he found himself exiting the hall, cool air rushing past him as the crossed the threshold into the next room. Many of the traps had been avoided during the run. The lich had expected at least that much competence from his quarry, given that they to had the initiation rituals in this place. The dim blue lights of the few torches that remained on the walls made the shadows flicker and move about. Some of the shadows weren't from natural sources, showing themselves in twisted shapes before moving or disappearing in a heartbeat. The trail of residue was starting to take him through another area but Mehran could already tell where he would need to go. Being one of the High Priests he had access through a special shortcut that only those knowledgeable of this ziggarut's layout would use. As he went through the stone corridors he came to an outside portion of the walkway and stopped at one of the many statues along the outer wall.

The skeletal gargoyle statue still looked as fearsome as it did on first creation. But now a thin layer of moss was beginning to cover the thing, which was a shame. Mehran reached his hand into the open mouth of the statue, feeling around until he hit what he was looking for. With a quick yank he pulled the hidden level inside the thing and withdrew his hand and watched as the sound of stone scraping against stone occurred while a portion of the wall slowly slid down and revealed a dark passageway. Mehran stepped in and pulled the level next to where he came in at and caused the stone wall to begin moving back upwards. As he slowly ascended the stairs he could feel a vague sense of unlife he was coming close to. He wasn't concerned about it, for it was one very familiar to him.

His familiar, Humbart, was still safe and sound. It was good fortune for the lich and his soon to be dealt with enemy.

Gog gave a laugh, "None escape but the chosen few. If I die, you learn what true pain is. Not even death will be brave enough to take you from Mawlock's grasp." He explained. Gog began coughing again before inhaling, "Any excess reward shall be given to you by Eve once I am found." He added. Gog stared at the woman, "Tether yourself  to me, and you will know my name." He hissed out in pain. "I warn you though... You must give before you can take once we are connected. Otherwise you will know the agony of my existence."

@Strange_Encounters

Dylexia raised a brow and thought about just what exactky she was getting herself into. Peering off into the jungle she listened to the strange mans gasping for air, it seemed he didn't have much time. One plus to her would be if he died she could claim him for her undead army, but she wasn't quite sure if she wanted to do that. Maybe this could be something exciting for her dull life. Placing a finger to her lips, she looked back to him and leaned forward. "Fine, you friend will be the one granting my wish and I will allow myself to tether with you. I don't fear agony, so we will see what happens to me after this is finished, just know I'm not really a follower andI have things of my own to do." She whispered something and there outside the temple, her ghostly eyes reappeared, it waiting for the man from before to surface so she could yet again proceed with her stalking.

@CoreyXIX

As the lich finally hit the top of the stairs he pulled the level next to the concealed exit out of the path. This shortcut took easily a half hour of things he had to do if he went the normal path. The whole time he kept his focus more on Humbart's location since he wasn't following the trail he formerly used. It was moving quickly and upwards, not too far from the room he knew the culprit would be going to. The Ritual Chambers would be close by to where he was and both parties would be arriving at roughly the same time. As Mehran stepped out of the passageway and into the light once more he pulled another magical mixture of powder from his pouch and placed it into his lantern, but didn't yet have it light. No, for maximum effect he would wait until he came face to face with his opponent.

The sickly sweet smell of death surrounded him as he made his final approach. It was more a side effect of time and the magic that occurred here that was the cause as most remains that could be found were just bone. Speaking of which...

With a few arcane gestures with his free hand trails and cyan and light green flowed forth from the ether to many of the bones that were scattered about. Many of these bones were purposeful, to give the practitioners of the necromantic arts some method to help defend themselves in the event of attack. As the bones rose they formed into skeletons. He then walked forward into the chamber, opening the massive doors while he did so as his summons followed him.

Many sarcophagi lined the walls to the left and right, and in the center of the massive room was an altar with runes spreading outwards with it at the center of the thing. Small channels had been carved into the thing to help regulate and control where blood and other fluids used on the altar would go and was done to exact specifications. But the real point of interest to him would always be the large, imposing statue of Alkathos that was in the opposite end of the room. A large humanoid skeleton with some parts of his muscles still attached sat upon a large throne being carried by the six unfortunate souls who originally killed him upon his first return from the Veiled Lands but now his personal servants for eternity. The feathered headdress and skull belt he wore to fasten his lower body garment were just as detailed as the deity and his throne, almost as if at any moment his damned gaze could shift onto someone and sever their life essence from them.

His admiration could wait. Mehran commanded the skeleton to close the door and hide in the corners just away enough from the door. While they did so he put his lantern on the altar and patiently awaited. The time was finally at hand.

@Strange_Encounters

Dylexia simply waited on the robotic man to do his thing and link them together, but thoughts swirled in her mind and she was wondering just what was going down in that old temple? Shewas sure she wasmissing out on someghing good, likesomething big was going to happen. Gnawing her lips, she began to pace, her attention going from the man before her and into the jungle where she sensed to two people inside the jungle. @CoreyXIX

Mehran waited, no lingered, in the shadows in the back of the room as he waited. The anticipation grew as the the undead aura of his familiar finally reached the closed door. Mehran began whispering an incantation that was inaudible to his prey through the thick door and distance from it to him. It was then that the doors were slowly, almost painfully slowly opened as the other figure stepped through. His robes were almost exactly the same as Mehran's, though he lacked a scythe and a lot of the pouches he had. The lich's anger was kept firmly in check as he watched him cautiously enter the room as if expecting a trap. This whelp didn't deserve to wear those robes. In his opinion he also no longer deserves the privilege of life either.

"It was rude to run from me, Heretic." Mehran's normally softer voice had an edge to it and echoed forth in the large room and caused the rogue priest to practically jump out of his skin upon hearing it. "Even ruder to keep me waiting when you arrived!" as he stepped out of the shadows he swept his left hand to the right, then the left in large motions. The skeletons he had began to quickly disassemble and shoot to the entrance of the chamber, now fitting and weaving together to form a large wall made of all of their bones. Bits of the outside light trickled in since it wasn't a completely solid object but their magical nature would give anybody trying to break in or out a rough time in their attempt. "As you know, us High Priests are also in charge of law in our little community. I charge you with the crimes of treason, heresy, and theft." those who had Mehran as their judge would be filled with woe, since his handling with serious crimes earned him a reputation as a 'hanging judge.'

"You're to be executed, effective immediately!" his voice suddenly boomed out, the lantern now lighting to a blood red light and giving the room a menacing feeling. Mehran's curse would soon be taking effect the minute the other person began combat with him and approached the lantern. "May our Dreaded Father have mercy on you, because I will not!" he points a finger.

"Y-Your orders mean nothing, priest!" the other called out in guttural, animalistic voice as he drew an ivory dagger and quickly sprinted forth. "My brothers and I will dispose of your Tyrannic cult. Our allies will see to it!" The lich had to give him credit, at least he had enough spine to fight to the end and not immediately crumple with defeat. As he brought the dagger down at him Mehran held his scythe with both hands and shoved the pole part upwards to hit his forearm and lock it there so it wouldn't come any further down. Not starting with a magic spell? What an amateur.

@Strange_Encounters

Selene shook her head. "Have you been in the temple?" she asked, twirling a moon in her hand. She wasn't going to say anything about that being her prison for thousands of years just yet, but it was coming. She definitely felt something dark coming from within, something she's never felt before. The power within could even surpass her's, though she wouldn't want to test it. "Will you lead the way?" She asked the mage, sterling her eyes towards the entrance of the crumbling stone structure.

"No, I have not." In all fairness, with the exception of the some of the structures they passed by the elf would have rather never been here in the first. But here he was, working through vines with his fellow apprentice while talking to a strange denizen of this hellish region. As he looked off in the direction they were going he had sinking feeling. Something seemed very, very bad waiting ahead. "Of course we will." he nods while motioning to Lumdran that they could continue. "We're so close I could almost touch it! Just a little more my friend!" he exclaimed, his loud proclamation making a few colorful birds fly off and away from their perches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gog stared at the witch, his breathing the only sound coming from him. He could taste her uneasiness. Yes he could feel it too. A shift in power and life, or lack there of in this case. Gog enjoyed tormenting the witch a little before realizing that she was just standing there. "Foolish witch!" He coughed and snarled, "You must do the tethering. Have you never done something so trivial?" He mockingly laughed at her, his laughing turning into heaving then coughing. "The most incompetent of necromancy practitioners know how to tether themselves to a being of darkness." He glared at her. "If I were able to do such a thing then I would have done so without hesitation." He continued standing there. "I feel the power you feel, and I know you are anxious to explore it. I am as well. So do us both..." He took a deep breath, "A favor, and make haste."

@Strange_Encounters

Selene nodded, expecting that answer. She skipped along, stepping into the temple. When her barefeet touched the cool stone, she shivered, not glad to be back in her prison. She sighed. Why was she helped this man, out of all others? There had been so many to come before, and she would just watch them die. But what made him different? 

Selene lost herself in her thoughts, stopping and staring at the ceiling. She almost forgot what she was doing, but then remembered the trap that lay here. 

"Fair warning, do not step on the diamond tiles." She shouted towards the man, pointing at the symbols on the floor, and to their matching ones on the ceiling.

@CoreyXIX

Ivellious looks down at the floor. There were quite a few diamond tiles here, weren't there? What a bother. The elf does his best with his nimble, graceful moves to keep up with his companion. Traps aside, this temple was probably absolutely beautiful in its prime. "I wish I could have been here when this place was first built.." he notes more to himself than her. Why were things so interesting in such awful places like this? The humidity left a few small beads of sweat on his forehead, and the wildlife seemed to be tailor made to kill! He imagined fate would taunt him had it been a living thing! Speaking of living beings..

"I'm Ivellious, by the way." he introduces himself at last to her. "May I leanr your name, since we'll be traveling together in here?"

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Dylexia raised a brow and simply sighed at the irritable man, his gasping and robotic voice annoying her now. Walking up to him she squatted down and gave him a cruel smirk. "I know how to tether people together, I'm not as naive as you think I am you hopeless creature. I'll tell you what, since you've annoyed me so greatly I'll do a tethering that is better suited to you. You yourself said you needed to feed off the darkness of someone, well there just happens to be a creature stalking you in this very moment that'll give you all you need." She pointed up to the roof of her home and there crouched over the edge was a dark creature with white voids as eyes staring down at him. "I'm not at all sure what she is, but she is full of all the darkness you need to live."

Chuckling to herself she wavered her hand through the air as whispers from the dead surrounded them, Dylexia's eyes growled brightly and soon the tethering between the man and the creature began. "Her name is Tenebris, she'll take good care of you, just a heads up, she doesn't talk much." After the tethering completed, she waved her hand to the man. "Good luck to you and Tenebris, now if you'll excuse me I have business of my own to investigate." Inhaling from her pipe, she blew green smoke around her and vanished. Tenebris jumped from the roof and walked on all fours staring up at him curiously.

nocturne_by_loish-dak2qvj.thumb.png.64f565a8249fe9bb15cbf62e297c3f21.png

Dylexia appeared outside the temple she had been watching, she looked up to her eyes and whispered something in an unfamiliar tongue. This made the once violet eye glow a deep cyan, it sinking into the ground to track the man it was following before. It was long before it found him and another battling with the man from earlier. She swirled her hand in the air creating a dark pool in theair in front of her, it creating the image the eye was seeing. Her brow raised in curiosity as she watched this unique match unfold. 'So the one my eye was following was a necromancer as well' she thought to herself as she watched.

@CoreyXIX @Tetro

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back