• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome To Olympus (ALWAYS ACCEPTING!)

Placido VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Placido rubbed his chin lightly, fascinated by how the Tyruuk milked himself. His ear twitched when Nacht mentioned - a beast, a monster - a tank... That could be very useful. At the moment he needed feet however, tools and hands to work, which he could direct towards a larger goal. But the beast seemed too good to pass up. "I am highly intrigued by this tool you mentioned. Even if it turns out less than impressive - it is still worth the investigation. I will sort out the rest. And Tyruuk - I will look into that snake situation for you - it is the least I can do." Now that he could comfortably count at least these two among his company - he needed to find his authority. And while it was a bit crude - gods responded to flattery and power, and he was not going to have people respect him through kissing their asses. The good thing about authority was that it was catching - and surrounding oneself with it, allows for one to take from it. He needed to get into the good books of some or other powerful god... one with power and authority. And he knew just how to do that...

[ The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald - Placido will most likely come say hello soon, he just needs to get some info from Nacht. ]

Tyruuk nodded gratefully to Placido, "Thank you" He wasnt too sure if he should trust this god yet, but he was just too curious to see how this would play out. "If you need my services, I will be here" He added.
Nacht was excited about this, even though she didnt know what it was she still found it exciting. She moved and hopped onto Placido's back, clinging on like a child would do. "Onward! We shall find the beast and more helpers!"

Tyruuk nodded gratefully to Placido, "Thank you" He wasnt too sure if he should trust this god yet, but he was just too curious to see how this would play out. "If you need my services, I will be here" He added.
Nacht was excited about this, even though she didnt know what it was she still found it exciting. She moved and hopped onto Placido's back, clinging on like a child would do. "Onward! We shall find the beast and more helpers!"

Placido - The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Placido frowned at the contact, but allowed it for the moment - a large white door, made of light appeared before him. He nodded at Tyruuk - who did not seem to be inclined to join them - before he walked forwards and into the light. When he and Nacht arrived in the wide open white space where he kept all thought collected, he carefully removed her from his form, becoming vaporous while bending down so that she would fall in her feet just before he dissipated. He reappeared a few feet from her, holding out his hands - before a large copper door appeared. It was unlike all of the white doors that floated about the room - as it was delicately made with intricate metal work and design. Behind it lay the mind of Motus.

Placido had not yet wandered into the minds of too many gods. He had been spending most of his time absorbing the minds of humanity, building and strengthening his resolve until he felt he was strong enough to near the minds of his peers. This did not mean he could not peer into them and gather a last known location. The door creaked open, copper light flooding out. It just touched Placido's face for a moment before the door closed once more. Placido smiled. Such a vibrant mind. Deliciously so.

"Come Dear... I have to see a man about a plan." The entire area burst with while light before they both stood in front of Motus's workshop. Placido knocked lightly, before opening the door and walking in - smiling at the smells that stemmed from industry. "Geetings, Moto." He offered the other, his brow raising at the spherical mechanism. "Are you busy? or might we have chat."

"Guess I'll have to wait until I'm not drunk. Speaking of which, it feels like someone welded needles to the inside of my skull. Maybe my horns grew inward--no, that's dumb."
Aisha fished around in her pockets, pulling out a novelty rubber sickie filled with spaghetti.
"...okay, what the fuck."
She tossed it aside and pulled out a syringe.
"Uhhhhh... yeah, looks right."
Aisha injected the clear liquid and sighed.
"That's a little better. I have extra, want some?"
xpstitch xpstitch

Placido frowned at the contact, but allowed it for the moment - a large white door, made of light appeared before him. He nodded at Tyruuk - who did not seem to be inclined to join them - before he walked forwards and into the light. When he and Nacht arrived in the wide open white space where he kept all thought collected, he carefully removed her from his form, becoming vaporous while bending down so that she would fall in her feet just before he dissipated. He reappeared a few feet from her, holding out his hands - before a large copper door appeared. It was unlike all of the white doors that floated about the room - as it was delicately made with intricate metal work and design. Behind it lay the mind of Motus.

Placido had not yet wandered into the minds of too many gods. He had been spending most of his time absorbing the minds of humanity, building and strengthening his resolve until he felt he was strong enough to near the minds of his peers. This did not mean he could not peer into them and gather a last known location. The door creaked open, copper light flooding out. It just touched Placido's face for a moment before the door closed once more. Placido smiled. Such a vibrant mind. Deliciously so.

"Come Dear... I have to see a man about a plan." The entire area burst with while light before they both stood in front of Motus's workshop. Placido knocked lightly, before opening the door and walking in - smiling at the smells that stemmed from industry. "Geetings, Moto." He offered the other, his brow raising at the spherical mechanism. "Are you busy? or might we have chat."

Nacht looked around the place with curiosity, she's never been here before. Nor has she come into contact with Motus before either. "Whoa, its a big ball!" She commented when she saw the device. "I wanna play with it! It looks really fun!" The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

Motus was about to infuse his machine with power, when he hears his heavy metal doors heave and creak as they unlock, swinging open in the process. He dispels the intense electricity that had built up him his hand, and turns around. As he pulls his goggles from his eyes, he speaks in his mundane, male voice. He didn't believe in making his voice echo or to make himself seem superior in any way.

"Yes? What is it?"

He says, his green eyes staring down Placido. He didn't particularly enjoy being interrupted, but he didn't mind company either. Well, he wouldn't when he realized who it was exactly. According to some of the other gods, Placido had a way to sap energy and happiness from a room. A real downer, apparently. He looks over at the other person who entered his domain.

"I'd rather you didn't. It isn't complete yet."

A L M O S A L M O S VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Motus was about to infuse his machine with power, when he hears his heavy metal doors heave and creak as they unlock, swinging open in the process. He dispels the intense electricity that had built up him his hand, and turns around. As he pulls his goggles from his eyes, he speaks in his mundane, male voice. He didn't believe in making his voice echo or to make himself seem superior in any way.

"Yes? What is it?"

He says, his green eyes staring down Placido. He didn't particularly enjoy being interrupted, but he didn't mind company either. Well, he wouldn't when he realized who it was exactly. According to some of the other gods, Placido had a way to sap energy and happiness from a room. A real downer, apparently. He looks over at the other person who entered his domain.

"Aww..." Her ears lowered, then she tilted her head. "Can I play with it anyway?"

Aisha looked offended.
"Well that's rather sexist--oh, the syringe. It's not heroin, it's morphine. You just stick yourself, and then everything's... just right."
Aisha smiled and hummed an aimless tune.
"I should go for a jog, help it get through my bloodstream."
xpstitch xpstitch

"Yes? What is it?"

Placido gripped her shoulder, "Why don't we wait for him to finish it, and then you can try once more. Remember - if we take other people into consideration - we don't make ourselves subject to their ire - or their fangs..." Placido smiled at her, but his grip remained. "If you are too busy Moto, I understand - I just have a rather complex problem, and I had thought your rather keen and penetrating mind might be able to offer me a solution." He patted her shoulder once, before walking forwards - toward Moto. "Naturally, I will offer you recompense - for you work." He looked around the room, looking over the various items.

Stormyface Stormyface
"I'll join you on the jog I suppose" he offered kindly.

"Can't be too careful with lecherous wine gods walking about" he said sagely.

That's right, he shouldn't just let a drunk lady wander about all alone and helpless. Think about Zeus and all the other perverts lurking about that could take advantage of a girl like this.

"Its likely he carries quite the tool" he added warningly.

He must admit he was intrigued by the whole thing. He could immediately tell that Placido was trying to butter him up - whatever this is he wants probably isn't going to be easy. Or legal, most likely. Still, it might provide an interesting project for him to do for a while. After all, he was a few minutes away from completion on his current one.

"Well? What is it?"

As Placido looks around the room, he would notice many things. In the back of the room lies a vast storage warehouse of various metals - steels, irons, bronzes...and some stranger metals and materials. Weirdly, the room seemed to carry onwards to infinity, into a deep darkness at the end. There also lies many parts of what Placido and Nacht may recognize as his turrets that he uses if he needs some firepower on his side. Other than that and several machines and forges, the room seems quite bare. After all, a clean and tidy workshop is a safe one. One thing the pair may also notice is how cold it is. After all, it was a massive stone room with little but cold metal in it.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED A L M O S A L M O S

Nacht nodded, though she didnt like it. But her focus was quickly switched to the seemingly endlessness of the place. Her grin went wide and she ran off to see what she could find, quickly disappearing among the stuff in there. A L M O S A L M O S The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

Nacht nodded, though she didnt like it. But her focus was quickly switched to the seemingly endlessness of the place. Her grin went wide and she ran off to see what she could find, quickly disappearing among the stuff in there. A L M O S A L M O S The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

Placido smirked, having looked away just before. He suppressed it, looking about the room after a moment. Gaining interest was easy - now the harder part came. He was about to speak, before he saw her run off into the room. He hoped that she might remember her recent problem - and refrain from being a total moron. He looked at Moto. "Now that we are alone... I suppose I might speak freely. I trust your mind to be secure enough, and your discretion at sharing what I am about to share with you." He walked over to the orb. His mind ran through all the theory behind it - the greatest geniuses throughout the history of the world, and even then he was left slightly confused on some of the finer points. Moto would be a great asset. This needed to work.

"Recently - I have gone through a bit of a... transformation if you will. Unlike most other gods, who embrace their roles [he gestured about the room] I spent the greater part of the last two thousand years suppressing my own power. I used all the tools at my disposal to allow me to forget. No easy task... even for me, the god of memory. I believed that forgetting was a gift... an asset. Something I envied in all my peers." He looked towards the ground with a chuckle. "I now see how wrong I was." He turned to face Moto fully.

"Unfortunately, I have not built my resources up - as many other gods have. I have no servants, no tools, no weapons, no allies. The easiest method of gaining most of that, is to find whomever I think useful - and steal their memories, before replacing them with ones of my own - subverting liberty, and ensuring fealty." He shrugged, as if he contemplated this, but ultimately decided against it. "I fear that goes against my personal convictions. People, means and ends and all that. So, I don't need minds... I need bodies. And who better to requisite it from, than you." He held out a hand, gesturing to Moto.

His new body felt so much more inclined to this sort of business. He felt more confident, more powerful and more focused. There might be some value yet in the old adage of impressing through dress.

"Uh huh...so, why exactly do you want to keep this a secret from everyone? I don't see why you can't just ask the other gods about this."

He needs bodies, apparently. That could mean anything to Motus. Did he want an army? An empire? After all, the only purpose of an army would be for war...a war that Motus will have no part of.

A L M O S A L M O S

Nacht jumped on Motus's back from a top shelf, "He is asking you isnt he? What's to say you wont tell everyone else? So basically, its not that secretive. We've already talked with the God of Venom" She said, looking around. "Duh" The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald A L M O S A L M O S

Placido smiled at Nacht, before taking a deep breath. "I wish to build my own realm, one of absolute learning and power. This is something I have tried before - great libraries and centers of learning, but alas - greater gods, of unimaginable power and arrogance, have thwarted all of my efforts. Each attempt at civility has been met with equal parts pride and rage. I shan't make the mistake of trying to build a sanctuary of reason and conscience - while still being unable to maintain and protect it. From anyone and everyone." His voice had grown while speaking, his eyes glinting with barely restrained ambition. "With your help, I might man my walls with sentries that never tire, with your help I might secure those brightest of minds within my care, and nurture development and genius. AWAY FROM THE BARBARITY CELEBRATED AMONG THESE MORONS WHO'S INCESSANT NEED FOR SELF GRATIFICATION AND BLATANT AVARICE SEEMS TO REACH NO END - WHO WOULD DESTROY THOUSANDS YEARS OF EFFORT AND STUDY AT THE BAREST OF ASSUMED SLEIGHTS! THESE SELF-OBSESSED HALFWITS WHO WORRY ONLY ABOUT WHO THEY MIGHT FUCK NEXT, AND HOW THEY WILL GO ABOUT DOING IT! THESE---" He had not noticed how far he had fallen into his rant - and quickly took a deep breath.

"I... am--- I apologize... I am not sure what came over me. You get the gist, I hope..." He carefully straightened his tie once more, fixing his cuffs and regulating his breathing. Carefully he looked around, keeping his eyes away from the other.

"So, you want me to build you an army? No thanks, I don't build armies. Not for others, anyway. And why exactly is Nacht here? You going to try and scare me into this?"

After all, he isn't stupid. He isn't going to have a tarnished reputation if it is discovered that he built an army for someone...especially someone who is teaming up with fear and venom. And appears to be angered easily. No, he can build greater things than weapons.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED A L M O S A L M O S

Nacht was quite surprised by the anger coming from Placido, she had never seen any type of anger come from him before. True, she has only hung around him today but he didnt seem like the type to get really really angry. "Whoa" So this was the leader of the future? Hell yes! She jumped back onto a shelf, turning her attention to Motus. "I dont think he would want me to scare anyone, but if I try real hard, I can have you begging for mercy from your worst nightmare" She growled, her eyes glowing brightly and her sharp-toothed grin stretched across her face. The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald A L M O S A L M O S

"And my machines will have you begging for mercy. Machines don't scare easy, either."

He says this with a wave of his hand As he does so, the spare parts assemble themselves into fully built turrets. They all point at Nacht.

"I don't being threatened, young lady."

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

(Exposition)
He walked his students to a room with two doors side by side. He reveals what's behind the doors. One door was a room that was pitch black, no light whatsoever. The other was a room that was filled with light, blindingly bright.
One emanating the most horribly negative evil energy possible. The other the most sweet innocent light, pure good.

"Which room do you think is perfect for me?" He asks the room.

"The white one" a student says, making the common misconception that he was a self righteous good guy.

"Wrong, I don't like either of them. You cannot see clearly in either of them!" He corrected.

"Wisdom is about seeing clearly. You cannot do so in EITHER room" he said.

He entered the room of evil. "I cleanse this room of the evil darkness, begone foul darkness! I cleanse thee from here with the power of good"

He used his spells of good and light to banish the evil from the room, turning it to have just enough light in it to see what was in the room.

But notice that whereas a good guy would cleanse it and fill it up with light just like the other room, Caleb did not do this. He left the room clear.

He entered the room of light and cast spells of evil to dispel the overpowering brightness that hurt the eyes.
"Self righteous good! I banish your foolery by the power of evil and darkness! Begone foul and overpowering light!" He said, evil flowing out of him and turning the room clear from the balancing act of sending darkness into a room of light.

But again, he left it clear, a neutral space.

"Good and evil both have a place in the world, they must be balanced. There is a time and a place for both. Dark and light, good and evil are all dangerous if made excess. Radical extremes are not the way of the wise. A room of overpowering light is just as stupid as a room with no light at all. You can't see a thing in either of them"

"And my machines will have you begging for mercy. Machines don't scare easy, either."

He says this with a wave of his hand As he does so, the spare parts assemble themselves into fully built turrets. They all point at Nacht.

"I don't being threatened, young lady."

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Nacht looked at the turrets and giggled, jumping from one to another. "Ooh, spoooky." She said, "You cant scare fear!" She exclaimed. "Besides, you cant use them if my hallucinations get to you first. Magic ALWAYS overpowers machine!"

Placido frowned. "No... Please Nacht. Then we would only prove him right. We aren't them. Fear is earned. As is venom, as is Rage. Those who would near my realm, and attack my people - those would be subject to my wrath. MY wrath. I would not send your servants into battle. I have greater beasts who serve that purpose. I would have them protect my home, and what lies inside." He bit down on his tongue, Dammit. Fine... there were more ways to get a few spare hands. "I will leave you with this offer. Anything - any scrap of obscure knowledge, any rare metal - any long since forgotten tool or boon - I will offer you, In return of servants, who could defend against gods - and help build my sanctuary." He turned around. "Naght - let us leave."

Placido frowned. "No... Please Nacht. Then we would only prove him right. We aren't them. Fear is earned. As is venom, as is Rage. Those who would near my realm, and attack my people - those would be subject to my wrath. MY wrath. I would not send your servants into battle. I have greater beasts who serve that purpose. I would have them protect my home, and what lies inside." He bit down on his tongue, Dammit. Fine... there were more ways to get a few spare hands. "I will leave you with this offer. Anything - any scrap of obscure knowledge, any rare metal - any long since forgotten tool or boon - I will offer you, In return of servants, who could defend against gods - and help build my sanctuary." He turned around. "Naght - let us leave."

Nacht jumped off the turrets, turning to look at Motus and her claws came out as she waved, "Bye!" She moved to be ahead of Placido, "Well that was a bust, he was boring anyway. Where to now?" SHe asked.

(I was getting breakfast)
"Tool? Heeeeeey, that's inappropriate."
Aisha started stumble-jogging down the hallways.
"My mother was a succubus, I'm just as perverted as they are."
xpstitch xpstitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back