• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome To Olympus (ALWAYS ACCEPTING!)

Nacht shook her head, "I'm fine. Just a little... Painful is all" Her grin widened slightly, it seemed to always be glued on to her face. She was able to walk, at first a little stiff but as she continued she got used to the movement and it was a bit easier.
As Tyruuk led them to his home, it started getting a bit more dense with trees you would find in a jungle. When he stopped, he turned to the other two. "Welcome to my home" He hissed. It was very quiet, though a small stream could be heard nearby and there was a spot where the sun was able to penetrate the tree's leaves and make a good basking place. "I take most of my look from the Elapid family, front-fanged venomous snakes. And, as is obvious, take on the form of the feared King Cobra. Now, as only a handful of mortals were reported to live through a King Cobra bite, one of them living through three bites, this does not make the King Cobra's venom the most toxic in the world. While that is true, the reason they have killed most of all their victims is because of the sheer amount of venom injected in a single bite. They are the only snake capable of killing an elephant" He said, trying to remember where he stored the anti-venom at the same time of his lecture. Its been so long since he needed to know where he put it.

Placido

Placido smiled, while he other moved about. He stood perfectly still, not moving much. He cleared his throat - "I am not sure what I expected - but I supposed a short course in ophidiology remains one of the better outcomes." He chuckled, turning his head very slowly to Nacht - "Have you apologized to the Tyruuk. He is being rather helpful - and aid is always to be rewarded." He rose a brow in her direction.

Placido

Placido smiled, while he other moved about. He stood perfectly still, not moving much. He cleared his throat - "I am not sure what I expected - but I supposed a short course in ophidiology remains one of the better outcomes." He chuckled, turning his head very slowly to Nacht - "Have you apologized to the Tyruuk. He is being rather helpful - and aid is always to be rewarded." He rose a brow in her direction.

Nacht lowered her head. She never really did like saying sorry, but she figured she should so she didnt get yelled at. "I'm sorry for bothering you" She said to the Snake God. "It has been forgiven, just do not do it again" He said. His hood twitched as he remembered, standing and was able to reach up to a low branch of a tree. "I forgot I hid it" He said, lowering back down with a bottle of amber colored liquid. "Here you are. The only bottle of anti-venom for the God of Venom's venom in existence" He said. "I do not have the means of injection though"

Nacht lowered her head. She never really did like saying sorry, but she figured she should so she didnt get yelled at. "I'm sorry for bothering you" She said to the Snake God. "It has been forgiven, just do not do it again" He said. His hood twitched as he remembered, standing and was able to reach up to a low branch of a tree. "I forgot I hid it" He said, lowering back down with a bottle of amber colored liquid. "Here you are. The only bottle of anti-venom for the God of Venom's venom in existence" He said. "I do not have the means of injection though"

Placido

Placido smiled cordially, his hand slowly waving Nacht forward - indicating that she should take it. See how useful people can be, when made aware of how they might help one another. He looked up towards the sky. "How much of that is needed, to counter the affects?" He snapped his fingers - and his form blurring for a moment before it seemed to become physical - more substantial than it had seemed for the entirety of him standing there. He looked over his hands, waving them about. A new skill - far from perfect, but then again - he had time. Forming memories in their minds, even in his absence. Taking from their experiences - smells, tastes - and modifying the memories and replaying them in a new order. Effectively rendering him - his presence in their minds. Perfect. Useful. He turned his head to the snake, waiting for a reply - while he went over the skills needed to effectively administer an antivenom. Luckily there were more than a few experts throughout history who could offer him their experience.

Placido

Placido smiled cordially, his hand slowly waving Nacht forward - indicating that she should take it. See how useful people can be, when made aware of how they might help one another. He looked up towards the sky. "How much of that is needed, to counter the affects?" He snapped his fingers - and his form blurring for a moment before it seemed to become physical - more substantial than it had seemed for the entirety of him standing there. He looked over his hands, waving them about. A new skill - far from perfect, but then again - he had time. Forming memories in their minds, even in his absence. Taking from their experiences - smells, tastes - and modifying the memories and replaying them in a new order. Effectively rendering him - his presence in their minds. Perfect. Useful. He turned his head to the snake, waiting for a reply - while he went over the skills needed to effectively administer an antivenom. Luckily there were more than a few experts throughout history who could offer him their experience.

Nacht moved forward, being careful, and took the anti-venom from Tyruuk. The Snake God noticed the change in Placido's form, his movements and such. It was interesting to watch, even though he wasnt sure why he was doing such movements. "Hmm, I would say not much. Perhaps a little less than 2/4, I did not administer a lot of venom" Though he was still happy with the outcome of the amount of venom injected in another divine.

Nacht moved forward, being careful, and took the anti-venom from Tyruuk. The Snake God noticed the change in Placido's form, his movements and such. It was interesting to watch, even though he wasnt sure why he was doing such movements. "Hmm, I would say not much. Perhaps a little less than 2/4, I did not administer a lot of venom" Though he was still happy with the outcome of the amount of venom injected in another divine.

Placido

Placido smiled. That was fascinating. This entire day has been so very fascinating. He walked over to the girl, kneeling down on one knee, holding his hand out for the vial. When she gave it, he lifted it to the light and inspected it's qualities. "Let us see how we might go about getting this in you..." He spoke softly, calmly without looking at her. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath - his mind reaching out far into the world. After a few seconds the only thing that changed was his smirk, which extended a bit more. A few more moments passed. Then there was a noise, coming from the direction they had come from.

A young demi-god came rushing in, his skin flushed - his blond hair wild. From his apparel it was clear that he was the spawn of one or other messenger god - his feet laced up with shoes sporting wings. He looked around wildly, his eyes unfocused. In his hand there was a needle and syringe. Placido held out a hand, waving it lightly - "Here boy, place it in my hand." The boy rushed forwards, still confused - but obediently placed the contents of his hand in Placido's. Afterwards, he stepped back - his eyes clearing. "Who are you? What... what am I doing here?"

Placido smirked, and began assembling the syringe and carefully turned the vial about - making sure it was still usable. He spoke, clearly to the boy - who had been staring at Tyruuk in obvious fear. "A memory, taken from when you were panicked in your youth - your mother having been shot, a sense of urgency stolen from a semi-final football match when you were twelve - the reactive memory of finding and taking a syringe to your half-sister because of her diabetes - Feelings of loyalty to your father, and substituting him for me. And lastly, a location - offered from my own reserves. The mathematics of caring and agency - and here you are, your action - serving to save poor Nacht. You should feel proud, before you leave for your home, where you will sleep - and never again recall any of this." He cast a quick glance at the boy, a small smile, before he filled the syringe - and looked at Nacht. "This will sting, but no more than you already are. Ready?" He raised a brow, as the boy's eyes glazed over again he slowly started walking away from the scene.

Placido

Placido smiled. That was fascinating. This entire day has been so very fascinating. He walked over to the girl, kneeling down on one knee, holding his hand out for the vial. When she gave it, he lifted it to the light and inspected it's qualities. "Let us see how we might go about getting this in you..." He spoke softly, calmly without looking at her. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath - his mind reaching out far into the world. After a few seconds the only thing that changed was his smirk, which extended a bit more. A few more moments passed. Then there was a noise, coming from the direction they had come from.

A young demi-god came rushing in, his skin flushed - his blond hair wild. From his apparel it was clear that he was the spawn of one or other messenger god - his feet laced up with shoes sporting wings. He looked around wildly, his eyes unfocused. In his hand there was a needle and syringe. Placido held out a hand, waving it lightly - "Here boy, place it in my hand." The boy rushed forwards, still confused - but obediently placed the contents of his hand in Placido's. Afterwards, he stepped back - his eyes clearing. "Who are you? What... what am I doing here?"

Placido smirked, and began assembling the syringe and carefully turned the vial about - making sure it was still usable. He spoke, clearly to the boy - who had been staring at Tyruuk in obvious fear. "A memory, taken from when you were panicked in your youth - your mother having been shot, a sense of urgency stolen from a semi-final football match when you were twelve - the reactive memory of finding and taking a syringe to your half-sister because of her diabetes - Feelings of loyalty to your father, and substituting him for me. And lastly, a location - offered from my own reserves. The mathematics of caring and agency - and here you are, your action - serving to save poor Nacht. You should feel proud, before you leave for your home, where you will sleep - and never again recall any of this." He cast a quick glance at the boy, a small smile, before he filled the syringe - and looked at Nacht. "This will sting, but no more than you already are. Ready?" He raised a brow, as the boy's eyes glazed over again he slowly started walking away from the scene.

Tyruuk watched everything so closely, every movement he tracked. He listened closely, noting the new taste in the air as a demi-god showed up, and the exit of him as well. He watched as Nacht nodded to Placido, surprised that the guy could call upon someone using memory. She knew that needles were always a good source of fear in people, it was so fun to use.

Tyruuk watched everything so closely, every movement he tracked. He listened closely, noting the new taste in the air as a demi-god showed up, and the exit of him as well. He watched as Nacht nodded to Placido, surprised that the guy could call upon someone using memory. She knew that needles were always a good source of fear in people, it was so fun to use.

Placido

Placido smiled, gently rubbing his finger over the small puncture in her skin, the syringe now empty. He surreptitiously placed both the syringe and the rest of the antivenom into his breast pocket. If the snake wanted it back, could ask for it. He looked at Nacht, smiling lightly - "all better." He got up, and straightened his cuffs. "Anything I can offer you Tyruuk? If not, I have to go - I have many plans and great tasks ahead - but first, I need consolidate my power. While the boy was useful, such a level of manipulation is yet too delicate for me to use it on a mass scale - I need more willing hands and feet. I need an army. What do you think Nacht? Know of anyone who holds sway over swathes of mindless drones?" He walked over to the sun, groaning as the sun warmed his neck as he bared it.

Placido

Placido smiled, gently rubbing his finger over the small puncture in her skin, the syringe now empty. He surreptitiously placed both the syringe and the rest of the antivenom into his breast pocket. If the snake wanted it back, could ask for it. He looked at Nacht, smiling lightly - "all better." He got up, and straightened his cuffs. "Anything I can offer you Tyruuk? If not, I have to go - I have many plans and great tasks ahead - but first, I need consolidate my power. While the boy was useful, such a level of manipulation is yet too delicate for me to use it on a mass scale - I need more willing hands and feet. I need an army. What do you think Nacht? Know of anyone who holds sway over swathes of mindless drones?" He walked over to the sun, groaning as the sun warmed his neck as he bared it.

Tyruuk thought for a moment, then he shook his head. "I do not believe so, unless you can stop the destruction of the habitats of my snakes in the mortal world" He said, noting he didnt get his anti-venom back. Oh well, he could always produce more. Now he knew where he kept his equipment, he got a rather large cup with thin paper over it and bit into it. The venom came in large drips, filling up a bit less than half before he pulled back. Nacht, having thinking about Placido's question, got an idea. "I dont know about mass control, but I know where you can get a lot more power" She said. "It can eat everything and gain power from what it eats, also size. But if you are done looking for power, and are just looking for numbers, well it depends if you are trying to get mortals or demi-gods, or both, on your team"

Tyruuk thought for a moment, then he shook his head. "I do not believe so, unless you can stop the destruction of the habitats of my snakes in the mortal world" He said, noting he didnt get his anti-venom back. Oh well, he could always produce more. Now he knew where he kept his equipment, he got a rather large cup with thin paper over it and bit into it. The venom came in large drips, filling up a bit less than half before he pulled back. Nacht, having thinking about Placido's question, got an idea. "I dont know about mass control, but I know where you can get a lot more power" She said. "It can eat everything and gain power from what it eats, also size. But if you are done looking for power, and are just looking for numbers, well it depends if you are trying to get mortals or demi-gods, or both, on your team"

[I have to leave for a few hours - We can continue this later - if you want them to leave, act as if Placido sort of went into a non reactive meditative state, and did not react to anything they said or did]

Aisha yawned and stirred, causing several objects to fall on her.
"Hey, who's the guy fuckin' droppin sticks on me." she mumbled, gripping something hard and flailing her arms.
The door to the hall closet opens, and Aisha looks down at the bottle of liquor in her hands.
"Ah. Nothing takes the pain away like Scotch. Who was it that said that, they should go to hell. Liars should all just... go to hell."
She pulled herself up and stumbled out of the closet, frowning at her shirt.
"Aw, hell. At least I forgot whatever drive time to this..."

(Open for interaction)

Aisha looked around the hallway before turning around, finally spying Caleb.
"Well, yeah. 'Course. You think I'm some kinda idiot?"
She took a swig from the bottle of scotch.
"It's all cause of the SYSTEM, ya know? Here, try this courage potion I found."
She thrust the bottle in Caleb's general direction.
xpstitch xpstitch
(This should be fun)

Stormyface Stormyface
The system?, he thought. Usually when people speak of 'the system' it's mortals speaking about their government.

"The system?" He asked quizzically.

He scanned the bottle with his divine spells of insight, sensing if there was any poison, drugs, bad magic or other undesirable things in it. Part of his domain encompassed revealing treachery. Often times being the most sinister slavery is deception. To be wise one must see through deception. He additionally probed his surroundings with all his senses, seeing if there was anybody sneaking around, waiting to close in for the kill once he drank.
He casts spells to gauge her true intent, and seeing as (at least as far as I rememeber) she is not a deity of deception or anything, should be foolproof. He peered into her mind, to sense for any deception, treachery, or malice towards him. Was she hiding anything? Is she friend or foe? What is her alignment, good or evil? All these and many other questions were to be answered in an instant as he silently casts spell, after spell, after spell to determine whether sampling the liquid would bring bad. Every spell imaginable. Divination, to gods know what. All of which he used.

Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Over paranoid? Maybe. Too thorough? Maybe. Better safe than sorry. Many folks don't die bravely on the battlefield, but instead die through poisoning. With lecherous alcohol gods like Virian around, one can't be too careful with the liquids one drinks. Even if he didn't die from it, what if he wound up waking up and unable to walk because a divine alcohol moved him to get his rear end ruined by the god of sex? Unacceptable. He can NEVER be too careful.

(OCC: So, IS it really a potion of courage?)

(Nah it's just booze. Might have a little bleach, but nothing a god's liver couldn't handle)
Aisha's mind was in jumbles, a medley of paranoia and half-remembered quiet places. She didn't have any ulterior motives, due to being stone-cold drunk. She seems mostly good. The only thing out of place is a sense of sexual frustration.
"Yeah, the SYSTEM."
She waved the bottle around, sort of trying to force Caleb to take it.
"The common people... they're just a bunch sheep. Dumb, bleating sheep feeding on the waste left by corps, know what I'm sayin? It's up to us to be their liberators, and that's why--"
Aisha burped.
"Pardon me. THAT'S WHY--"
She made a melodramatic gesture with her arms, sending whiskey spilling onto the carpet.
"We're gonna rob a Cheesecake Factory in south Tacoma."
xpstitch xpstitch

Stormyface Stormyface
(Actually, Nevermind that last post that I deleted)

"Why are you giving me booze with bleach?" He asks.
"I was wonderin' why it tasted funny."
Aisha tossed the bottle away and wrapped her arm around Caleb's shoulders.
"Come on, we're gonna grab some good stuff."
She squints and scrutinizes the god's face.
"You're kinda cute, in that Chinese cartoons kind of way. Hey, did I ever tell you about my plan to undermine the system?"
xpstitch xpstitch

Stormyface Stormyface
"You're horny aren't you?" He asks, all too aware of her sexual frustration.

He was also aware of how attractive he was.

Even without her saying it, he could sense it, she was horny.

Does she want me?, he asked himself.

Stormyface Stormyface
The system?, he thought. Usually when people speak of 'the system' it's mortals speaking about their government.

"The system?" He asked quizzically.

He scanned the bottle with his divine spells of insight, sensing if there was any poison, drugs, bad magic or other undesirable things in it. Part of his domain encompassed revealing treachery. Often times being the most sinister slavery is deception. To be wise one must see through deception. He additionally probed his surroundings with all his senses, seeing if there was anybody sneaking around, waiting to close in for the kill once he drank.
He casts spells to gauge her true intent, and seeing as (at least as far as I rememeber) she is not a deity of deception or anything, should be foolproof. He peered into her mind, to sense for any deception, treachery, or malice towards him. Was she hiding anything? Is she friend or foe? What is her alignment, good or evil? All these and many other questions were to be answered in an instant as he silently casts spell, after spell, after spell to determine whether sampling the liquid would bring bad. Every spell imaginable. Divination, to gods know what. All of which he used.

Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Over paranoid? Maybe. Too thorough? Maybe. Better safe than sorry. Many folks don't die bravely on the battlefield, but instead die through poisoning. With lecherous alcohol gods like Virian around, one can't be too careful with the liquids one drinks. Even if he didn't die from it, what if he wound up waking up and unable to walk because a divine alcohol moved him to get his rear end ruined by the god of sex? Unacceptable. He can NEVER be too careful.

(OCC: So, IS it really a potion of courage?)
(Why do you keep tagging me? Dio has nothing to do with your character.)

"That happens to people when they get drunk." Aisha grumbled. "Hell, bein' horny's more common than takin' a dump in this place."
SHIT HOW DID HE KNOW
"You interested in me or somethin'?"
xpstitch xpstitch

"That happens to people when they get drunk." Aisha grumbled. "Hell, bein' horny's more common than takin' a dump in this place."
SHIT HOW DID HE KNOW
"You interested in me or somethin'?"
xpstitch xpstitch
"I'm not really the kind to see drunk girls in that way. I'm not the type to sexualize girls who are drunk" he said truthfully.

Mount Olympus was beautiful today - the radiant rays of divine sunlight reflecting off of the magnificent temples and stone was a glorious sight to behold.

Of course, not all the various gods and goddesses were there to to see it, or even noticed it at all. While some gods were down on Earth, and some in other realms, one god who stayed at home today was Motus. Motus didn't care much for the wondrous light bouncing off of his gold-bronze hair and his bronze wings. It annoyed him, if anything, since the light was getting on his nerves.

The God of Technology sighed contently as he finally put down his hammer and wrench - his latest invention was finally finished. A giant sphere with rings around it sat majestically in the centre of Motus's workshop. All the Sphere of Perpetual Motion needed now was a final blessing of eternal energy from Motus - an action that didn't take him long.

(am i getting the locations right? that everyone starts in olympus and has there own section? also, open to interaction)

"So you don't think I'm cute?"
Aisha looked at Caleb in a disappointed manner.
"You can't just go around saying that to women. We're sensitive... dammit."
She starts rubbing her temples.
"It's starting to hurt... do you have saline solution? Morphine, ibuprofen, Tylenol, anything?"
xpstitch xpstitch

Placido VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Placido rubbed his chin lightly, fascinated by how the Tyruuk milked himself. His ear twitched when Nacht mentioned - a beast, a monster - a tank... That could be very useful. At the moment he needed feet however, tools and hands to work, which he could direct towards a larger goal. But the beast seemed too good to pass up. "I am highly intrigued by this tool you mentioned. Even if it turns out less than impressive - it is still worth the investigation. I will sort out the rest. And Tyruuk - I will look into that snake situation for you - it is the least I can do." Now that he could comfortably count at least these two among his company - he needed to find his authority. And while it was a bit crude - gods responded to flattery and power, and he was not going to have people respect him through kissing their asses. The good thing about authority was that it was catching - and surrounding oneself with it, allows for one to take from it. He needed to get into the good books of some or other powerful god... one with power and authority. And he knew just how to do that...

[ The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald - Placido will most likely come say hello soon, he just needs to get some info from Nacht. ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back