• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Weapons Are Human

Leila smiled.

"Her is a bit." She whispered to Sam with a slight chuckle. She wouldn't say it to the man's face, but she did agree with what Sam said. The Weapon didn't seem to like her much either, which didn't help. Leila's mind wondered slightly. Why was he all hunched over? He didn't seem that old. Her eyebrows scrunched up. How would they react if she were to ask to check them if she could check for injuries? She shrugged. The only way to figure out was to teddy it. If they said no, they said no. She wouldn't push it, simply offer.

"Um, sorry to interrupt, but may I look to see if you have any injuries?" She asked shyly.

The weapons stopped talking and looked at Leila when she asked if she could look at the hunched one had injuries. He turned towards her and glared at her. He took a step forward at her.

"If you want to keep your hand, I suggest that you don't touch me. Got it, human?" He said coldly. Cisco stepped beside Leila. "Okay, let's ease up a bit. Hey, Leila. May I speak with you for a second?" Asked Cisco. Cisco wasn't taking no for an answer and just pulled her away from the other weapons.

Leila cringed. 'A simple no would have sufficed.' She thought. She let herself get led away by Cisco. She hung her head in shame, knowing exactly what he was going to say. It was pretty obvious Leila would get scolded by the man.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to help. I'll shut up from now on." She apologized before Cisco could say anything. She didn't want to make enemies of the Weapons. The last thing she wanted was for Cisco to yell at her. She was ashamed that she had been naive enough to think the worst response would be a "no".

Cisco took her off to the side and Sam went with them. Cisco then looked at Leila and herd her apology.

"Just don't talk to any weapon besides me, okay? Last thing I need is someone hitting you because you spoke." He said. "Leave all the talking to me." Cisco then went back to the other weapons.

"Okay, shall we head to this warehouse?" He asked. One of the twins nodded.

"Yeah, we can get there through the sewer. Let's go." He said before he began to walk away.

Leila nodded at Cisco's instructions. She watched the other Weapons start walking away. Something crossed her mind. 'What about Sam?' She looked at the boy. He did try to hit her before, but he was speaking to her fairly normally earlier. Leila gave a mental shrug. It was probably best to just keep her stupid mouth shut. She wouldn't talk unless spoken to. She trudged after the group, staying a few feet at the back. It would most likely be better for her health and safety if she gave them a wide berth. She didn't particularly want to be killed.

Sam walked next to Cisco and would look back at Leila. Sam was trying to get use to what's happening around him. It was different but better then being out on the streets. The weapons walked for a good hour and finally saw an opening to the outside.

"There it is. We're still near town but no one should've come here. This is the only way in because of the fence." Said one twin. Cisco saw the outside and walked out, he then saw the large building. It was worn down and there were some holes on it as well. It wasn't much but it's something.

Leila looked around at the place they were led to. It was rather run down and looked like it hadn't been touched in years. It would work well for what they needed to use it for, but a sudden wave of homesickness washed over Leila. She missed her cozy bed and her drawing books. She missed the homemade meals and Mia's kind smile. The image of those smiles were now covered with the pure hatred the Weapon had on her face before she stormed out the house. It wasn't a pleasant memory, so Leila shook her head in attempt to push it away. There were more important matters at hand. She peered around, observing each of the Weapons present. Being the only human as well as the only female, she felt very out of place. Something drew her towards Sam. He seemed trustworthy, yet - despite going against her knowledge - venerable and needing protection. Leila knew that Sam was probably stronger than her in many aspects. He hadn't led the cushy lifestyle she had, but maternal instinct kicked in. She couldn't help it. She unwrapped her toasty warm scarf and walked up to the boy. Leila tapped him on the shoulder and held the woolen item out to him with a smile.

The weapons were looking around and Sam was with Cisco as they looked around. It was cold and a bit windy in this old warehouse and Sam was cold. He didn't have a jacket, he just had a small sweater that he found and it had holes in it. Sam turned around when someone tapped his shoulder and saw that Leila was offering her scarf. Sam looked at the scarf for a moment before taking it and wrapping it around him. It was warm and it helped with the wind a bit.

"Thanks." He said quietly as he continued to look around with Cisco. Cisco saw Sam walk up to him again and he notice that he had a scarf now and looked over at Leila. She didn't have her scarf and then looked at Sam again.

"She offered you her scarf, huh?" He said to Sam. Sam looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, is that bad to accept something from a human?" Cisco shook his head and looked at his hands. He still had the gloves that Leila offered him back at the park and the jacket that she bought for him as well.

"I got these gloves and this jacket from her, she's actually an okay human. She's not like the others." He said.

Leila was, of course, completely oblivious to the praise she was receiving from Cisco. She was just happy that her offer had been accepted and she was able to help someone. Hopefully the others would warm up to her bit by bit and allow her to offer them help as well. But she knew her place now. It would be detrimental to her health if she uttered a word. At least, that's how she saw it.

-----

"Well," said one of the twins, "now that we've got that out of the way, what's your name?" He asked Cisco. His brother nodded. They knew absolutely nothing about the Weapon other than he was with a human. Sure, he said he wanted to kill the king, but he should at least introduce himself.

Cisco looked at the twin and realized that he hasn't told them his name. He turned to them.

"Cisco, this here is Sam." He said as he mention Sam. He then looked at Leila.

"You probably don't care but just in case, she's Leila." The hunched weapon looked at Cisco, then to Sam, then at Leila. He then looked back at Cisco.

"Okay, well, Cisco. What's the plan? What do we do now?" He asked.

Leila's jaw dropped. She knew that he had to act indifferent to her, but that was a tad rude. But, Cisco was probably right. They cared little for her presence. Why was she even there? Leila let out a sigh. 'I should just go home. I'm no use here.' She thought. All that effort to find Cisco would go to waste, but it felt like she was just wasting time if she stayed. Leila looked to Cisco. She would wait to hear his plan before she made her final decision.

Cisco looked at them and nodded. He thought for a second to get his words in before speaking.

"Yes, I have a plan. The plan will need all of us until we start getting more weapons. That's where you come in, Leila. You'll be a big part of the plan. We can't walk around in town because of our eyes and we can't hide them easily. With you by my side and Sam as a gun with me. We can stand right outside with no police or human eyeing us. We stand near an alleyway, where you three will be, and wait for a weapon to show up. We walk up to them and take their weapon and the owner and get to the alley way. Once there, me and Lelia will talk to the weapon while you three threaten and interrigate the human to keep their mouth shut and if they have any more weapons in their possession. We keep doing it until we get an army. It will take awhile, maybe a few years. But it's better then being a slave." He said his plan and waited for a response from them incase they have any questions.

All of Leila's previous thoughts flew out the window. Looks like I'm staying then she thought to herself. She supposed it wouldn't be so bad to stay around, especially if she could prove useful. She wanted to help stop the king, and Cisco's plan allowed for that.

------

The twins smiled. They looked the sound of that.

"Interrogating and threatening humans? We can do that." One said looking to the other.

"Happily." His brother replied.

Cisco nodded. He thought for a moment again before he came up with an idea.

"Hey, Leila. Can I speak with you for a moment." He asked. Cisco wanted to discuss a plan that he had but he didn't want to tell the others before he knew that she would be into it.

Leila froze. Cisco had said the same words earlier. 'What have I done wrong this time? I didn't even say anything!' She wailed to herself, flailing about in her brain. Somehow, she was able to calm her frazzled nerves enough to give a small tilt of her head in a nod. She was really worried and it probably showed.

Cisco looked at her and thought she looked a bit nervous. He didn't know why. He lead her away from the other weapons and Sam saw them go and followed them but kept his distance. Cisco looked at Leila.

"Hey, Leila. First off, it great that this operations has a human to help them. It's really great. Second, that's why I wanted to ask you if you could try to see if other humans feel the same." He said.

Leila blinked a few times.

"You want me to ask other humans if they also dislike the new laws set by the king?" Leila asked skeptically. She shook her head with a slight sigh.

"That's very unlikely to yield positive results." She stated. "But I suppose I could try." 'At least I'm not in trouble... But how in the world could I convince someone that beings they have been taught to think are mere objects their whole life are actually people? You're asking a lot of me, Cisco.' Leila held her tongue. If Cisco was willing to try convince Weapons, and put trust in her, Leila would do her best.

Cisco looked at Leila. he herd what she said about it being very unlikely.

"I understand if you don't want to do it. I just thought that as we keep getting more weapons here, you would feel very uncomfortable. I don't want to force things." He said and then sighed. 'An army of weapons will still be good but the king wouldn't mind just mowing us down. If we had human with us and if they get killed. The people will see that the king only cares for himself.'

"Don't worry," Leila reassured Cisco, "I'll try." She looked over to the Weapons who waited for them.

"You should probably get back or they'll get suspicious. They don't seem to like me much." She gave Cisco a smile. A smile that was obviously just trying to hide her sadness about that fact. 'It's alright. I must just be patient.'

Cisco gave Leila a small smile.

"Thanks, and don't worry about those guy. I'm sure they'll come around. I did." With that said he patted Leila on the shoulder and went to the others. One of the twins looked at him.

"So when do we do this?" He asked.

"Tomorrow, for now let's look around this place, set up shop. There must be something useful in here." he said. They nodded and went to go look around. Sam stuck around with Cisco Cisco turned to Leila.

"Come on, let's look around." He said to her.

Leila quickly hurried to catch up with the others. The physical contact was unexpected, but not disliked. Leila allowed herself to smile a little. Hopefully Cisco's words would prove to be true in the near future. At least two people seemed to like her... or at least, not mind her presence. She went inside the building after the others. It was dark, dank, and dingy. All in all, not very pleasant. But Leila didn't complain. She wondered to an area where the others weren't and began looking around for anything that may be of use. There were some crates that were lying around, but they felt very empty.

Cisco looked around the building and checked the boxes here and there. They were mostly empty and just had rats in them.

"Nothing." He said to himself. Cisco kept looking until he found a ladder that led higher up and he went up there. Once he got up there he looked at the inside of the building. There wasn't much light in here because the only light was from the windows. Cisco did see something shining in the corner and went to investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back