• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

We Weary Few (Borderlands RP)

Deadkool

A Sad Remnant of a Forgotten Time

Welcome to Tartarus, Betelgeuse system, but really most people just call it Tartarus. Its been a few years since Jack died, but the repercussions have barely been felt at a Borderland like this. Golery-Mattern Interstellar, commonly called GM (Hehe) has established itself as the dominant figure on Tartarus. This planet is in a very strategic point, a critical refueling point between two of the largest megacities in the system. We'll be beginning on a civilian space station, Daedalus, orbiting Tartarus. You're currently too poor to buy transport to any megacity and if you keep lounging around on Icarus you'll probably be too poor to feed yourself. So, get together your gear and find your way down to Tartarus. Twenty bucks says you die in the first 5 minutes.

32137e2e6ae0f6b4dd2abd7d06135e33.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, this RP will be as close to the Borderlands style of play as I'm able to make it. My dice system is very similar to DND, but condensed some to make it easier for new players to grasp.

So, firstly you'll be putting 30 points into the following attributes

(You are required to put at least 1 point in each stat and a maximum of 10)

Strength:

Intelligence:

Wisdom:

Charisma:

Agility:

After that you'll put points into skills that are influenced by your attributes. Every two points put into an attribute gives a +1 bonus to the affected skill.

You have 40 points to assign

(Minimum 0, Maximum 10)

Affected by Strength

Fistfighting:

Lifting:

Large weapon handling:

Climb:

Jump:

Swim:

Physical weapons:

Affected by Intelligence

History:

Chemistry:

Mechanics:

Translate:

Appraise:

Hack:

Forgery:

Search:

Affected by Wisdom:

Listen:

Feel:

Survival:

Spot:

Heal:

Understand:

Concentration:

Affected by Charisma:

Bluff:

Diplomacy:

Charm:

Preform:

Disguise:

Gather Information:

Calm:

Intimidate:

Affected by Agility:

Sneak:

Steal:

Move silently:

Open lock:

Escape artist:

Balance:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Rylon

Profession: Mercenary mechanic/soldier/pilot

Strength: 7

Intelligence: 6

Wisdom: 7

Charisma: 4

Agility: 6

Fistfighting:

Physical weapons: 7

Mechanics: 7

Hack: 5

Survival: 7

Heal:4

Open lock: 5

Escape artist: 5

Love the humor of Borderlands, can't wait. Hope to see a brilliant character like Jack in this one.

"Oh, get over it. I shot ONE baby. And, in fairness, it was being a dick." -Handsome Jack

Great, I'm glad you're interested. I do have a plot developed, but for story purposes, I can't share it. Rylon looks good, he seems kind of middle of the road, but I've got no problem with that. I'm looking for a party of 4-6. Also, no need to worry about Jack, I've got a few in mind to take his place. If you've got the time and feel like it, feel free to send me a pm about Rylon. (Who he is, what he looks like, assuming he is a he)

Interested, but I'm wondering about the skills. Are physical weapons guns? And say we have 10 in intelligence, but don't put any points into, say history. Do we still have 5 points in history?

Physical weapons are if you pick up something like a bat(or another melee weapon). Your physical weapons would determine how effective you are using that bat. Also, yes you would have 5 points in history. For example if you'd like to make a very intelligent character who is very versed in stealing things. Putting your points into intelligence and steal would be a good midway point.

Name: Fierin

Strength: 2

Intelligence: 8

Wisdom: 4

Charisma: 8

Agility: 8

Affected by Strength

Fistfighting: 1

Lifting: 1

Large weapon handling: 1

Climb: 1 (+4)