We Poured Light On Everything

Sunbather

Le photographe est mort
Pretty much just word vomit of various kinds. Still assembling the pieces. Feel free to comment.

Pitch:
Croma and Hanawai, the two largest Empires on Pulse, are joining forces. In a historical event of unprecedented magnitude, their respective soon-to-be monarchs, Prince Marek and Princess Anaelyse, are schedueled to marry in a mere month. Upon joining the holy bond of marriage, the two are to replace their parents as Crowns, the rulers of Croma and Hanawai, and usher in a new era of prosperity and peace.

Crowds of people have begun to pilgrimage to Honum, a fabulous city, made of ivory and gold. The city of Honum has long been a neutral ground, housing nobles and powerful warriors, as well as some of the most prestigious research facilities, occupied by wise intellectuals. Its citizens are renowned for their hard work and cheerful attitude. The current Crowns have decided to declare Honum the Capital of Pulse, under soon-to-be Crowns Marek and Anaelyse’s reign, for it has upheld its glory with no traces of either Empire’s influence.

In the autonomous state of Pthonesia, a south-western area that includes various islands and plateuas, a small group find themselves stranded in the outbacks, after being caught up in a massive thunderstorm on their way to Honum. With their vehicle broken down, they seek shelter in one of the various Roadstops scattered across the Outbacks of Pulse. Until their back on the road, they’re stranded. Perhaps, climatizing themselves with the little community would be a good way to wait...

About Pulse:
Pulse is a large continent divided into many empires, most notably the monarchies of Croma and Hanawai, as well as some sovereign communities. The surrounding sea is harsh, and though expiditions have been initiated, the enigmatic rise of hostile wildlife and dangerous storms beyond a certain threshold have thwarted such research. As such, the people of Pulse live in a bit of a bubble about the rest of the world. Nevertheless, culture blooms.

Pulse is made up of a variety of climates. Most prominently, the Outback covers large areas in orange sand. Vast deserts, divided only by highways, cacti and some sturdy wildlife. In more cloudy regions, the vegitation shifts wetlands, thick jungles, and tropical beaches. Hanawai is made up primarily of warmer areas, and palm trees, beach attires, and sunlit plazas are a common sight in all of its cities.

Croma, while largely mild, calls a few chillier terriotries its own. Croma's largest cities are dominated by towering buildings, all made of of greys, whites, and golds, giving their cities an overwhelming, cosmopolitan character. Croma's architectural style is vaguely reminscent of gothic and art-noveau asthetics, but far more clean and spacey.

A bit of history:
The Empires of Croma and Hanawai rose to prominence many centuries ago, due to their ruthless approach and militaristic finesse. However, they differ dramatically in the source of their strength. Croma is a technologically advanced kingdom, populated by highly skilled mechanics, engineers and other craftsmen. Hanawai relies on The Monolith, a potent, magical contraption that once belonged to a much larger sphere that floats above Pulse, called Origin. It fuels a massive power plant, from which the magic is redirected throughout the Empire. The two factions waged wars with one another for decades because of this conflict.

Mood Pictures:

66fa64X.png

3nTrXkh.png

XqMGcgf.png

Gpm6foS.png

Vggasj6.png

0wHEgff.png

Notes:
There is totally vodoo, too, since I'm ripping of Hawaiian stereotypes already.

Gandalons:
Gandalons is an ancient term, belonging to a long dead tongue. It roughly translates to the phrase "Of one, another becomes power." It is an old technique of "self-realization", and is meant to channel the inner-most power that inherits each living being that walks the world. Many ancient rituals have been found to be linked to related beliefs, and music seems to have been an important part of channeling these powers. It is for this reason, that music has a unique position in the lands of Pulse, and music as artistic expression is greatly revered.

Magic:
Magic, as far as the people of Pulse are concerned, is not an innately human ability. This scientific conclusion is supported by the fact that magic is derived from the Monolith, and by Proxy the Origin, thus being inherently foreign. As such, Pulse's magical population does not consist of mages and witches, but of wielders. Magic is deeply engrained into Hanawai's culture. Weaponry, vehicles, communication devices and domestic gadgets are all fueled by, and often created directly by magic. Some of the more eccentric King's Guard elite are known for using intricate weapons, such as magical fans and swords, but generally speaking, magic is a more grounded component of life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what the connection between the marriage and the stranded group is,but I guess the main focus is the merging of the two empires and seeing the attitudes of the people's reaction up close and personal? Besides that little note, I liked this pitch a lot. I'm interested in what type of technology and magic is involved in this rp and how that affects the rest of the world.  Just looking at the pictures, I imagine flying carpets and floating mechanical cities. 

Not sure what the connection between the marriage and the stranded group is,but I guess the main focus is the merging of the two empires and seeing the attitudes of the people's reaction up close and personal? Besides that little note, I liked this pitch a lot. I'm interested in what type of technology and magic is involved in this rp and how that affects the rest of the world.  Just looking at the pictures, I imagine flying carpets and floating mechanical cities. 

Oh, you're right, I didn't explicitly say. They're on their way to attend the marriage, like many other people.

Croma's architectural style is vaguely reminscent of gothic and art-noveau asthetics, but far more clean and spacey.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS (I'm more of an Art-Deco guy, but that interests when imagining the world. Really nice choice).  

Honestly seems very interesting--especially with the aesthetic and sort of amalgam of ideas--I'm interested. Hope you do well on it, or that it becomes something that you'll use in the future. 

Oh, you're right, I didn't explicitly say. They're on their way to attend the marriage, like many other people.

So is the intention for this group to be the characters, otherwise I still don't see what they have to do with the price of fish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back