• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom We Fight to Forge a {connection} | A MHA RP

Upon picking up her chopsticks, she almost dropped them when someone sat down to join her. Yagi-san! She had been hoping to run into him somehow and yet he had found her. "Yagi-san, good afternoon!" She smiled to him, glad he had come over to say hello. Mela wanted his opinion on the ears as well. Maybe guys liked cute cat-girls? "Actually, I was hoping to see you again after running into you at the diner. So this is perfect." She said. She had to wonder what he had been up to since then. Hopefully not too much work outside. Reaching up, she rubbed one of her fuzzy cat ears. "Ah yes, I grew this last night." She laughed. He asked about them and then directed his attention to her meal. "Oh please help yourself." She insisted to him, handing him a spare set of disposable wooden chopsticks, she kept a spare on her in case she dropped hers or if she had someone joining her. Always be prepared.

"The cat ears? Well I'm training with Aizawa-sensei this week and I thought if I wore these, it might bug him a little." She admitted sheepishly. "It's really silly but I think they're working." Of course she couldn't really rely on cat ears in real life. Plus there were other pros who had the cat-girl theme already and she wasn't looking to be some kind of copy cat hehe. "But I'm glad you like them!" She said as she began to eat some of the salad. "I'm always happy to get a second opinion on something." Mela commented happily. "Oh by the way!" She looked up, remembering something exciting. Or important. Maybe a mixture of both? "I got to go back to that diner with All Might on Monday. It was so nice to spend some time with him and get some advice on how to handle Aizawa-sensei." She smiled, her words speeding up slightly.

It definitely made her happy to get some time with him. Every minute of the day was very precious and she was glad he spent some of his time with her. For a moment, she had to imagine how fun it might be if she went with Yagi and All Might. They'd probably have a lot of fun too. Maybe she could drag Aizawa along? No, he'd probably hate that kind of a group outing. Eating some grilled chicken, she thought what today would be like. If Aizawa found out about her ears, it might be even worse than she imagined. Hopefully not though! "I still don't understand him sometimes...one minute he's nice and then the next he's being so mean to me." Of course she knew it was just teasing, which she was happy to return his way. Maybe one of these days she'd figure Aizawa out. But one thing was for sure, she loved his smile. It was so rare. "Anyway, Yagi-san I hope next time you feel like going out, be sure to find me, I'd be happy to go out with you and enjoy your company." She thought back to the diner, wishing he had come over to her and Deku, surely Deku wouldn't have minded.

- - -

After seeing Shoto shirtless yesterday, Denki had gone back to his dorm and sulked. Eijiro and Peachy did their best to cheer him up but he kept assuming something had happened. He wasn't sure what exactly but he didn't know why Todoroki needed to train with his shirt off. It was making every other guy in 3-A look bad! Denki wouldn't lose to him. Denki wouldn't lose Ruka to him. No way! When Ruka mentioned she was going to seek him out, his heart nearly jumped out of his throat. Really?! She was?! His mood quickly evened out as his face lit up. "Sure outside works for me." He quickly said, not wanting to give her any time to reconsider eating with him. Shoto nodded at Ruka's words before he left to go grab something quick to eat before he would focus on his studying. Yesterday his mind had been so consumed by thoughts of Ruka and her being his soulmate that his homework had actually slipped through the cracks.

Denki and Ruka headed out and found a large tree to settle under. The birds were out, the clouds were low and the sun was bright. It was a great day to be outdoors. When she held out the bento to him, his mouth dropped. For him? Really? She cooked for him?! He felt like he could get up and do a happy dance but knew for his own dignity, he would refrain from doing so. "Oh R-Kurotsuki-chan, I'm so touched." He smiled to her taking it. To think she spent time making him something with her own hands? She thought of him and everything? He almost wanted to cry. But he didn't. Be a man, Denki. He began to eat, enjoying every bite. So good! He grinned to her. "Thank you so much, this is gonna give me an extra boost today during training! You're such a good cook!" He grinned. He was so overjoyed, he felt like he could take on ten Eijiros!

When Ruka explained her training, he listened, trying not to look forlorn. He wanted to know what had happened. This morning as he headed to class, he had caught some snippets of people talking. Mostly girls, about Shoto being shirtless and how something had to have happened during training and how it was some sort of 'special' training. He didn't want to think about that. His heart couldn't take it. "Oh me? Training has been good." He and Eijiro kept their shirts on too. "It's been really cool to train with a friend. I hope you and I can go head to head sometime." He said to her. "This week seems to be flying by pretty fast." He commented as he took a bite of chicken. Mmm! "You still need to let me know if you'll be free Friday after school. If you're worried about getting work done, we can all study at my dorm before the movie." He suggested to Ruka, hoping he wasn't pressing the matter too much but he was excited, reinvigorated in knowing she had done something so considerate as make him a lunch. It was so beautiful~

AiAi AiAi

She's been wanting to see him? Somehow the idea of her looking for him and thinking about him warmed his heart greatly. Sure, many looked for All Might, but it wasn't every day that people would go looking for Yagi, well minus someone like Principal Nezu who had some new tasks for U.A's friendly yet mysterious janitor. Taking a piece of chicken, Yagi thanked Mela for being so generous about sharing her lunch before taking a bite. It really was good. "Good as always! No wonder you're always so healthy! Your friend always makes sure to only give you the best huh." He smiled over at Mela. The image of Mela's friendship with Ruka seemed so cute and just precious. Yagi was certain that it was a blessing to have such a friendship though he had to wonder, do even in such friendships is there secrets kept? Yagi knew he wouldn't be able to disclose his secret to just anyone, not even to his friends.

Yagi felt his heart tearing just the slightest when she did admit that the cat ears were specifically for Aizawa-kun, though her reason for using it made him feel a tiny bit better. Of course, it'll bug Aizawa-kun! Yagi was certain that Aizawa-kun was not bothered in the way Mela was hoping if anything that man was probably thinking up dirty thoughts! No! Not of Mela-chan! Yagi hid his frown as he didn't want to bother her with his selfish thoughts. He then recalled how Mela asked him a few questions a few days ago, or well to be specific to All Might did she ask him. Ah, so that was why she asked about Aizawa-kun and cats. Somehow Yagi felt at fault here and so he knew he couldn't complain if she used such a tactic against Aizawa-kun. Yagi was positive that it had affected Aizawa-kun quite a lot. He truly reaped what he sowed he supposed as he pushed away his hurting heart.

Smiling over at Mela, Yagi can only feign to be surprised at the mention of Mela going out to eat with All Might. "Oh really? Wow! I'm so envious of you Mela-chan! How was it? Was it as fun as you thought it'll be?" Yagi was of course there though knowing if Mela had fun or not would make him feel a bit better about himself right about now. Though by how excited she sounded, Yagi can only guess she was happy about eating out with All Might. He smiled as he told her, "well I hope that you and All Might can get to hang out more and more!" Yes...he'll have to see to it that did happen. If just one moment of being with her made her this happy, Yagi would more than gladly go out of his way to see her more often. Though now a certain dark-haired pro hero seemed quite keen on keeping Mela near. Something that was concerning for Yagi. Yagi can only let out a sheepish laugh as he replied, "a-ah really? I'll be sure to let you know if I ever see you around town then." He smiled as he knew that was close to a zero chance of happening. It'll be strange if some weird looking guy suddenly joins for a meal, right?

For the rest of lunch, Yagi spent time just chatting with Mela and giving her ideas of what she can do in her next training, though he kept it vague so as to not appear too experienced in fighting. Waving goodbye at Mela, Yagi headed off to the teachers' office where he ran into Aizawa-kun. Yagi stared over at the sleep-deprived man who was making his way to the elevator. "Aizawa-kun!...I hope you're teaching Me-er Uede Shoujo well." Aizawa stopped as he glanced briefly over at Yagi before heading into the elevator. Yagi let out a sigh, hoping that everything was fine...yet somehow the glint in Aizawa-kun's eyes told Yagi that things were different now. Should he be worried? "Ah, Toshinori, perfect timing. Can you go and fix the fountain?" Yagi let out another sigh as he trod off to do some janitorial work now. Though his mind kept straying back to Mela as he recalled how she seemed so fixated on Aizawa-kun. There was nothing he had to worry about...right?

As lunch ended rather peacefully for Shota, as there was a lack of Present Mic's booming voice bleeding his ears, though the nice stack of paperwork on his desk kept him rather busy. Shota let out a sigh as he once again missed his chance to nap. Walking out the teachers' office, Shota was a bit surprised to see All Might. He hasn't seen the hero for quite some time and wondered if he was busy. He glanced over at All Might but didn't say a word, though he stopped at the mention of Mela. Hm? Was he about to call her by her name...? Shota glanced back at All Might, suspicion lacing his eyes before he turned around. Ignoring the man would do him better than talking...Shota might just fall into a sour mood if he went out of his way and spoke to All Might. Shaking his head, Shota entered the training room, greeting Mela who was there first this time around.

He smirked lightly at her as he asked her, "what? That excited to start training with me?" Though his smirk faded away as he noted the cat ears sitting atop her head. Was she wearing this during lunch or did she just put it on? Tsk, his paperwork did get in his way. Walking over to stand in front of her, Shota tugged at the cat ears lightly as he told her, "don't tell me you wore this during lunch?" Noting her reaction, Shota let out a small tsk in annoyance. Of course, she would do the exact opposite of what he tells her. How could he be surprised? "Naughty cat you are..." Shota mumbled under his breath before smirking over at her. "Well then, for a naughty kitten, I have quite the training in store today...you best be prepared." His eyes gleamed slightly as he began their little training session. He'll make sure she regrets provoking him like so.

As the grueling training was finished, Shota let out a slight huff, as even he broke out into a sweat. They trained a lot more than yesterday, that much was certain. Eyeing the worn out looking Mela, Shota nudged her up before saying as he left the room, "I hope you picked a place to go. The same place as yesterday...give me a few...I need a shower." Shota grumbled lightly as he tugged on his scarf before heading out to take a quick shower. Hopefully, his teasing today would teach her to not wear those darn cat ears outside and not near him. He smirked lightly as he enjoyed teasing her like so, but even then those touches were a bit too close for comfort. If she got any closer, Shota wasn't sure just how much longer he can hold himself back. It didn't help that the soulmate kept popping back into his mind. As he stood in the shower, Shota closed his eyes while recalling a certain moment back during training today where he had Mela's hands tied and propped her onto his lap as he teased at her for being a bad cat. Well, what sort of cat can't get out from such an easy hold? He recalled how slender her waist was and just how light she was on his lap. It made him frown as he wondered if she ate enough...perhaps he'll have to fatten her up by stuffing her with food...? Or would girls just get mad at that?

Changing into a spare of his usual outfit, Shota lightly dried his hair before heading off to the stairs to meet up with Mela. Leaning against the railings, Shota waited for Mela to arrive before standing upright. He glanced at her before stuffing his hands into his pants pockets, "did you decide where you want to go?" Noticing a stray strand of hair, Shota reached a hand out and tucked it behind her ear, smirking as he noted her to not be wearing the ears. Good. "Lead the way," Shota told her as he followed her out to town.

- - -

Ruka smiled, happy that Denki seemed to like her cooking so much. It always made her happy to know that people enjoyed what she cooked. As she handed him the bento, Ruka chirped up while opening up her own bento, "hehe, I'm glad you like it. It always makes me happy to know people like my cooking." She took a bite of chicken as he mentioned how energized he felt now haha how cute. She giggled in her hand as she mentioned while picking up another piece of chicken, "really? Well, I think Kirishima-san is going to have some problems today hehe...and yes! I actually made today's lunch aiming for it to help energize for the afternoon training! Chicken is a good protein for that and of course, some veggies are a necessity too! I even added some orange for some extra boost of vitamin C~!" She was quite proud of her lunch menus as she usually made a balanced diet in order to help out with hero work as she so liked to call it.

Ruka was excited to mention her training to Denki, but as she got closer to the moment that her shirt got burned off and then the shirtless Shoto...well Ruka couldn't go on any longer. She's heard of a few rumors flying about the school about Shoto Todoroki coming out of the private training rooms shirtless and with a girl and that it was some sort of special training...well that definitely caused Ruka to lower her head and hide her pinkened face which rivaled the color of her hair...or the color of strawberries. Really, the image of Shoto shirtless would not leave her head for all of yesterday. Thankfully, that ice bath she took yesterday shook her out of her daydreaming ahem dazed moments to get her back on track, at least enough for her to get some sort of sleep.

Listening to Denki's training with Eijiro, Ruka smiled as that sounded quite fun. Ah, yes. Training with a friend must be fun, Ruka wondered if she and Mela will ever get to go against each other? Though at the same time, Ruka would be afraid to go all out against Mela. It wasn't that Ruka was worried Mela won't be able to handle her flames, but just the mere thought of even scratching her friend with a bit of her black flames was more than enough for Ruka to not want that to happen, ever. Smiling over at Denki, Ruka nodded her head, "yes, I can't wait to go against you as well. I'm sure that'll happen, it seems like everyone is given a chance to go against each other hehe." Pointing her chopsticks at Denki, Ruka winked playfully over at him as she said, "I won't go easy on you, Kaminari-kun~ Just remember that hehe." She did wonder how her black flames would be against Denki's lightning. That would be an interesting mix. A bit of a shocking blast that much she was certain would happen.

Taking a bite of her rice, Ruka blinked a few times as she remembered the movies. Ah, right. She looked up thoughtfully as Friday would be the day before the big rematch on Saturday. Her brows furrowed as she thought over it. Should she spend time with Denki and the others and relax a bit before the big match? But she should also be preparing herself at the same time...as she was mulling over her thoughts, Denki's suggestion seemed quite good to her. She nodded her head, "yeah, a bit of training, and then we can go watch the movie~ Oh, who's coming again? Maybe I'll invite Mel and I'm sure Todoroki-kun and a few others would like to come as well? Oh, unless you already invited them?" She was certain if she invited Mela, then Tenya and Izuku would be sure to pounce on the opportunity. Ruka hasn't missed how those two would look at Mela. She smiled, she rather it be one of those two than those older geezers. It was her precious Mela after all. Heh.

Hmm but the studying, Ruka rubbed the back of her head as she suggested, "ah, um perhaps studying we can do at my place? It's more like training that I wanted to do a bit of...ah erm on second thought, yes! Let's study at your dorm!" Realizing that perhaps it wasn't the smartest idea to invite Denki to her place when her training would involve ice cold water...yeah, that she can do the night of. Smiling, she chatted with Denki for the remainder of lunch before the two parted ways to go to their respective training rooms. As Ruka changed into her p.e uniform, her heart was beginning to beat rather quickly as she tied up her hair into a high ponytail, recalling Shoto's comment last time. She felt nervous. Images of yesterday came flashing back into her mind and Ruka reminded herself to wear a tank top underneath today. She usually did not wear anything under the shirt since she was usually so warm, to begin with, but an extra countermeasure wouldn't hurt.

As Ruka entered the polar white training room, she was the first one there this time around. She tugged at her shirt nervously as her other hand toyed with her long hair. She sat in the center of the room, deciding to do some stretches until he arrived. As the door opened behind her, Ruka felt her heart leap in her chest briefly as she turned around to greet Shoto mid-way in her stretching. She blinked a few times as she gave him a sheepish smile while greeting him, "ah hello Todoroki-kun...um...I thought stretching would be a good idea...? Ehe." She felt a bit embarrassed being caught so tangled up though with his kind help she was able to get through all the stretches. She, in turn, helped him stretch as well. Ruka was relieved to see he was wearing his shirt this time. Once they were done, Ruka tugged at her hair once more, nervous. Looking up at him, Ruka asked, "so um today, any idea of what we should do? I was hoping I can go against your ice a bit...see how my flames would mix with it..?" Ruka was glad to hear he had similar ideas in mind.

As they began their little spar, Ruka lit her hands aflame as she began to aim small balls of fire towards him. Bit by bit, she threw it near his feet and kept it there as she willed the flames to stay. It was hard to keep control of so many as she usually just let it all go wild, but in this small room against someone, she doesn't want to truly hurt, well Ruka had to focus. But this was another good practice for her since who knows when she'll ever face a villain in a small room filled with civilians to boot? She had to be sure to not harm the civilians and so she thought this was a good time to put that into practice. As Shoto began to use his ice against her, Ruka jumped up and dodged most though one seemed to have caught her on the shoulder, freezing that part. Ruka let out a small gasp as that was cold. Dang, even with her training it was still freezing and caused her to lose control briefly. Flames flickering slightly, Ruka jumped back to make some more space between her and Shoto. Hm, how can she go about this? Glancing briefly at her shoulder, Ruka lifted a flamed hand and placed it over the ice, melting it. Well, that was one way, but this took too much time. She'll have to keep thinking of ways to go around this.

An idea came to mind as Ruka smiled sweetly over at Shoto. Lifting both hands, with her palms facing out towards Shoto, Ruka blasted a large number of her flames towards him as a means of distraction. The flames burned on either side of him, never really hitting him straight on as Ruka appeared from between with her shirt in her hands. Guess wearing a tank top today was a good idea. Using her shirt, she covered his hands with them, pushing him down to the ground. Black flames encircled the two as Ruka once again sat victoriously er well that's how she wants to say it. But really, she was straddling him but this time with his hands bonded...great...way to go Ruka. Her arms now bare and not confined by her shirt, bits of flames shown on it as she smirked down at Shoto, "caught you~" though a sudden burst of ice encaptured her flames around them into a cold confinement. Ruka blinked, well that was a first. Jumping away, Ruka created some distance as she got ready to melt the ice when the bell rang. Standing up, Ruka grinned over at Shoto as she said, "I'll find a way to melt your ice, Todoroki-kun~" Taking her shirt back from Shoto, Ruka placed it on. Though now that training was over with, she was getting hungry. "Hmm, so where should we go today? Ah, er I meant, well if you want we can go grab a bite today too...?" Ruka realized that she spoke that aloud. Looking over at Shoto, Ruka felt nervous all over again. Gaaah, get ahold of yourself Ruka!

Genkai Genkai

Spending lunch with Yagi had been very delightful and had taken her mind off of the training looming overhead. She expressed great joy in having gotten to spend time with All Might but she also agreed, at least to herself, that she was equally happy spending time with Aizawa-sensei and Yagi-san. Though maybe All Might still had them beat by a teeny tiny bit. Still, she had to agree their company was varied but equally enjoyed. She was more than happy to share with Yagi-san, not having too much of a big appetite at the moment. As the lunch hour faded, the nerves were threatening to take hold of her again. Thankfully Yagi had some good bits of advice to share with her, though vague she got the feeling his inklings were right when it came to someone like Aizawa-sensei. Perhaps Yagi was also an Eraserhead fan?

When it was time to go, she waved to Yagi before she ran back off to go meet Aizawa. Remembering what he had said, she cringed slightly. Yesterday had been pretty tough, mostly because her mind was thinking such terrible things when it came to Aizawa-sensei that she was worried what today would bring. He seemed intent on not going easy on her, which was good but at the same time, she couldn't take it that seriously when he looked so hot. Urgh, he was frustrating in sooo many ways! Arriving at the training room, she noted he wasn't there yet. Oooh maybe he was still sleeping and she could just take it easy for a bit? But her theory was proven wrong when Aizawa showed up.

Blinking, she remembered she did in fact keep her cat ears on. She must have forgotten then in her haste to get changed. Oh well~ She gave him a slight smile. "No no, of course not." She told him, though she couldn't meet his gaze when she said that. She really should have been more careful and discrete. Next time, she would be. At the look in his eyes, Mela felt another shiver run through her body. Oh she didn't like that look. Well perhaps that was the look she had been hoping to provoke. The day's training had been a lot more tiring than yesterday, Aizawa had kept her on her toes but also managed to still get her rather tangled up in that pesky scarf of his. In one instance, she found herself on top of him with her hands bound behind her. Now how had she gotten herself into this particular predicament? In order to get out of it, she had to headbutt him though that only seemed to make things worse for her as they kept sparring, she almost knocked herself out in doing that.

By the end of the session, she was quite worn out and hoped she could just lay around and get Ruka to carry her home. Aizawa took his leave but not before mentioning they'd be going out again. She pushed herself up and nodded, too tired to really say anything on the matter. She rubbed her arms and headed out, more than happy to take the elevator down to the locker rooms. She took a quick shower and dried her hair off, getting back into her uniform before she rejoined Aizawa, cat ears packed away. Grumbling, mostly to herself, she was now reconsidering wearing them again for lunch tomorrow. Urgh, maybe she had learned her lesson. Finding Aizawa, she was surprised he didn't want to just lay down and sleep for a bit. That would sound quite nice in her mind. She smiled lightly when he fixed a bit of her hair. "Uh huh." She nodded when asked if she had a place in mind. They headed down and towards the city center.

Had Mela known Aizawa thought she should eat a bit more, she'd laugh. He was probably right since her quirk expended a lot of energy when used. She led them to the dumpling house she had found online. It looked pretty authentic and smelled very inviting. She could detect ginger and other spices. Once they sat down, she let out a sigh, just wanting to curl up on the table and get some rest. "God, I'm exhausted." She sighed as she drank some water. She had been able to do a fair amount of dodging and flips but for the most part, it had been pretty close combat fighting and it was clear she had more work to do. Mela knew she couldn't rely on avoiding close combat and that in some instances there wasn't a way out. It still wasn't fun. But being so close to Aizawa was pretty entertaining and worth being so tired. "You may have to carry me home or at least make sure I don't pass out on the way. This is your fault." She told him. "You wouldn't want something to happen to your favorite student~" She teased him, that deduction was pretty obvious the more she thought about it.

- - -

Denki wasn't sure if he wanted more of their classmates to attend. After all, his whole plan hinged on the fact Eijiro wouldn't join them, thus leaving him and Ruka all alone. But if the others came, his plan would be foiled. But he didn't want to deny Ruka and Mela the chance to hang out with their class so he couldn't really find it in his heart to say otherwise. "Sure, that would a lot of fun." He replied. His mind wandered back to the idea of going against her. It would be interesting. he would give it his all but he hoped he could beat her. She was really tough and if he could beat her then it meant he was tough too. Hopefully enough that he could protect her in the event she needed protecting. Maybe if they trained together, maybe his shirt could come off somehow. Yeah. He'd show Ruka that he too, had a rocking body.

After lunch, they parted ways to both get changed and ready for their respective partners. Denki couldn't shake this nagging feeling that something had happened between Ruka and Todoroki but he couldn't out and ask her! He'd have to see if Kyoka had picked up on anything with that quirk of hers. Shoto was a little slow in his migration back to their room but after changing and arriving, he found himself presented with an interesting picture of Ruka stretching. He closed the door behind him, clearing his throat. Ah, it was a nice view but he knew if he stared too long or she caught him staring, he would not look like a gentleman. Thankfully she heard him and turned. "Yes, I agree." He nodded as he went over to help guide her into various positions, wanting to make sure neither of them injured themselves. His eyes trailed along her body but he tried to keep his staring to a minimum.

Shoto was glad to know she was interested in him using his ice. "We're in agreement once again, Kurotsuki-chan." He affirmed. Though they were soulmates so he wasn't too surprised by how they were often on the same wavelength. He summoned his ice, glad she was holding back. She couldn't let her quirk control her or run amok. There were always people to look out for or building you couldn't just damage. He was impressed she was able to adjust her fighting and try new tactics for their current setting in close quarters. Shoto managed to use his quirk to freeze various parts of her, such as her shoulder. He hadn't created a blade out of his ice but he was thinking tomorrow he may need to, just to surprise her. His ice was strong and very solid so it did take Ruka extra time she didn't have to melt his ice, bits of steam briefly floating around her as she tended to her shoulder.

Not at all fooled by that smile of hers, he kept his face stern and serious. She was planning something...He created a large wall of ice but found himself ambushed and overwhelmed by her fire. He thought that was pretty clever as a smirk graced his lips. He looked up at her, not really minding his own position at the moment. "Maybe I let you." He teased her. Of course that wasn't the case but he supposed there were worse people to be straddling him heh. A large dome of ice began to trap them both. He could handle the ice for a short period of time without his gear but he knew Ruka may struggle a bit more. But the bell rang before they could get any further. How disappointing. He melted his ice and got up, looking to his companion.

"i would love to get something to eat with you." He smiled. She seemed a bit nervous though so he hoped she wasn't sick of spending time with him. But since she had offered, he decided to enjoy the time they had. It was quite precious to him. He went off to get changed, trying to think of a place she may enjoy. He walked out and met up with her outside of the main building. Her light shined in the sunlight. "I found a strawberry themed cafe." He said, knowing they'd have to go. He imaged strawberry drinks and salads and desserts and perhaps something savory as well? He was intrigued but he mostly wanted to go because it would certainly make Ruka happy. After a bus ride and a transfer, they stood in front, the store was painted red and dotted to resemble an actual strawberry. Shoto looked to Ruka, "I think we may have found your heaven on earth." He smiled. "Since you paid yesterday, please allow me to treat you today." He said, perhaps it also meant she'd want to go out tomorrow? "You can pick the place tomorrow...?" He looked to her, rather hopeful.

AiAi AiAi

Following Mela into town, Shota noted her to be rather tired. He held back a chuckle when he says that training will be tough, he meant it. As they were walking into town, Shota couldn't help but wonder how this appeared to others. Some old man walking with a much younger girl. He nearly frowned at the thought as it bothered him. Would people mistake them as siblings or cousins or something else? Or would people suspect him of being some creep who was trying to kidnap the cute young girl? Most importantly, how would other U.A staff and students take this as? Shota can only imagine there were many many different ideas and images that could possibly come out of a teacher and a student walking about town. Fortunately, he never really dressed like a teacher, to begin with, but it was still there lingering in the back of his mind.

He didn't even realize how lost in thought he was until they arrived at their destination for the day. Shota blinked a few times as he looked up and noted it to be a dumpling restaurant, a pretty popular one too. He remembered since Hizashi was talking about it along with Midnight nonstop last time. They were obviously hinting at all teachers getting together for some good dumplings and drinks, but Shota passed. Why would he spend his precious nonwork hours to be with them any longer? As they took a seat, Shota looked around and noted it to be more traditional looking, despite its popularity. Looking over at Mela, Shota smirked lightly as he took a sip of his own water, "hm, I suppose it can't be helped, looks like someone needs some saving." He chuckled at that as he knew that'll tick Mela off.

Before she can go off spouting and rambling, Shota reached out and ruffled her hair as he told her gently, "alright, alright. I'll walk you home so stop fretting...maybe if I'm feeling nice you can get a ride on my back, maybe. Oh, but that's if you behave heh." He smirked teasingly over at her before turning around as the cart full of dumplings came by. He took a few and gestured to Mela to do the same. As they ate, Shota spoke up, "you're improving bit by bit, but we still need to work on your close combat...ah..." he paused as he realized he was just getting into a conversation about school. That wasn't a very fun topic, right? Clearing his throat, Shota asked her, "so uh what do you usually do?" Well...that was a lame question. Holding back a sigh, Shota tried to rephrase it as he himself had no clue what the hell he was trying to say, "I guess tell me more about yourself..." he looked off to the side before eating a plump minced pork and ginger dumpling. What was he even trying to do...smooth Shota, smooth.

- - -

Ruka smiled back at Shoto as the two exited the room and headed down to get changed. She was glad he didn't mind her company as she never really hanged around another person besides Mela for this long and this many times. Not that she minded. As she changed into her school uniform, deciding to just keep her hair up, Ruka's mind wandered back to Shoto. Why was she so nervous around him and why did his opinion of her matter so much to begin with? Ruka could feel her cheeks heat up once more as the image of Shoto shirtless came to mind. Gah! Stop it Ruka! She only made herself out to be a pervert if she kept getting nervous around him for such a reason. Ruka banged her head against the locker door, letting out a small cry as that was not a smart move. She shook her head, composing herself before heading out.

Ruka went outside and met with Shoto there. As they began to head out towards downtown, her ears perked up at his suggestion. A what now!? Her eyes were shining as she turned to look at Shoto, "a strawberry themed cafe!? Really?! Oh, I would love to go! No, we must go!" Ruka was beaming now as her happiness was bouncing off her as she spun around, tugging on his hand to hurry. Time cannot be wasted when there were strawberries involved! Ruka's eyes were glistening with joy as she stared at the adorable strawberry-like door. Briefly, she wondered if she can eat it? Maybe it was an edible door..? Snapping out of her odd musings, Ruka turned to Shoto and nodded her head happily, "yes! Thank you so much for finding this place Todoroki-kun!" Ruka was so happy she just hugged Shoto in her joy, "aw if you insist! But definitely tomorrow I will be the one to treat you then~!" She beamed up at him, her happy state of mind clouding any other emotions, otherwise, Ruka would probably be a blushing mess while apologizing for her sudden hug.

As they entered inside, Ruka looked around, smile widening in approval at the adorable interior decor. The walls were a soft cream color with various colors of strawberries painted on it and there were small little strawberry shaped trinkets and was that a strawberry chair!? As the two were seated by a window, Ruka looked eagerly at the menu before finding the one. It was a strawberry dream deluxe combo set which included a strawberry smoothie, a strawberry parfait, and the store's signature strawberry cake which was shaped as a strawberry. "Oh, these all look so wonderful...I feel like I'm in a dream..." Ruka murmured out dreamily as she looked about them. Realizing just then how excited she was, Ruka turned to Shoto and rubbed the back of her head, "ehe, sorry. I got a little too excited...um, by the way, I've been wondering but what is your favorite food or dessert?" Ruka wanted to know more about Shoto, plus she wanted to take him someplace that he would enjoy eating at as much as Ruka is right now with this heavenly cafe. Though once again, she couldn't help but note that the guys in the class definitely knew their cafes, more so than the girls it seemed like.

Genkai Genkai

She let out a 'pffft' at his comment at her needing to be saved. As if. But if he had to come in and save the day, surely he'd be happy it was such a cutie like her. When he quickly agreed to see her home, she smiled. Yesss. At the idea of him carrying her on his back, her face turned bright red as she looked off, trying to cool herself off quickly. That meant she'd have to behave? Oh noo. He was asking the impossible of her. She had to wonder why when she was with Aizawa, she found it much more amusing to tick him off than anything else. But she had a feeling that even if she was on her best behavior, he'd still refuse to carry her. Mela hoped it was still a possibility either way though. She picked out a few items from the cart, eyeing a few kinds of dumplings and egg rolls. She looked back to Aizawa when he brought up her need to continue improving her close combat training.

Yes yes, she was aware of that.

He then readjusted his question and asked what she did. That was an odd question, it was a bit broad. She didn't have a real job, just small things here and there for extra cash. But he then asked her to tell him about herself. Mela stared at him. Why would he want to about her? She gave him a look, wondering if he was really interested or just asking to get off on another tangent again. Was this a trap? She took a drink from her small tea cup and decided to just take the bait, thinking she may regret it later. "Hmm well I'm not that interesting of a person..." She rubbed her neck. "Well I learned archery when I was about two and I didn't find out I had a quirk until I was seven." She shuddered at that training. Not fun. "Back home I used to teach kids archery, believe or not I used to go by Mela-sensei." She said proudly. And that's how she met her first boyfriend but she wouldn't get into that. "I also do a lot of baking. I made sure my kitchen was well equipped." She said, not sure if he had noticed when he was over. She took a bit of a chicken and ginger potsticker. She got the idea he wasn't big on sweets or cooking though. "What made you get into teaching?" She asked him. Was it more than to mold the next generation?

- - -

With it confirmed that they would in fact be spending another afternoon together come tomorrow after school, he was very relieved. He could get used to spending this much time with Ruka. He was a bit worried that when their week ended, would he still get a chance to spend so much time with her? Of course if he asked her out soon after then he wouldn't have to worry so much. Surely a boyfriend and girlfriend were expected to spend time together? He had to imagine that what he and Ruka were doing, were what most couples did together anyway. So in a way they were kind of dating. He gulped as he kept her throw her arms around him. He slowly hugged her back. While she was so happy with the cafe, Shoto was now a bit surprised at how this seemed like dating and how nice it could be. Could it really be this simple when he asked Ruka out? Provided she said yes of course.

"Sounds g-good to me." He found himself saying, trying to find his voice.

Once inside, he was bombarded with many strawberry things. He held back a look of bewilderment as he wondered who would make such a cafe. Then again there were hero and animal themed cafes so this wasn't that unexpected. But he kept his focus on Ruka who was beyond elated. She turned to him once she finished taking it all in. "I'm glad you enjoy it." He smiled to her. He really was glad he could take her someplace where she could forget all of her troubles. Shoto didn't like seeing her upset or hurt or worried or nervous. Hopefully this cafe could be good place for her to let go. Once they sat down he decided to tackle her question, "I enjoy cold soba." He wasn't big on sweets. "I do enjoy chocolate from time to time. I'm fond of fresh vegetables and rich flavors and broths." He said though he didn't think his tastes were as interesting as Ruka's, nor great conversation. He wasn't that interesting. He had ordered a simple strawberry and lemon shortcake and some kind strawberry iced tea. "Do you have any foods you're not fond of or allergic to?" He asked her, figuring he'd need to know in order to plan a good date in the near future. "Where did your love of strawberries come from?" He also asked, rather curious the more he thought about it.

AiAi AiAi

Shota lifted an eyebrow in return to Mela not being an interesting person. Did she just say that herself, really? By what he's seen of her so far, Shota wouldn't say she is the least interesting person around if anything she was by far the most unpredictable and amusing one among her classmates. The rest were too easy. Anger issues Bakugou, the aloof Todoroki, not so bright Kaminari and then even the wildfire Kurotsuki. They were all easy to categorize for Shota, but Mela? She was an enigma. He didn't know what or how to describe her. Taking a bite of another dumpling, Shota listened to Mela. He let out a slight scoff at the mention of her being called sensei as well. What was she implying there huh? He eyed her briefly before saying, "archery, is it due to your family background?" He recalled hearing the Uede name somewhere and it was then that it hit him that the Uede is known for a shrine back in Tokyo. Did her family run that or something?

Hm? What got him into teaching? Well, he was not expecting that question of all things she could have asked him.

Shota paused for a moment as he took a sip of his water. Hm, what did exactly get him into teaching anyways? It wasn't the pay and by far it was not the idea of being able to be passionate and encourage the future generation. Shota wasn't sweet like that or odd like that. That was more suited for All Might. "I chose this profession because I wanted to help the future generation..." well that wasn't entirely it, "it's one thing to pursue a goal, but it's a whole another thing if you go for it, but weren't cut out for it and then you end up ending that dream halfway through...I guess I want to be sure that they know what they're getting into...and that they do have the potential to get through it." It would suck to see them give up halfway into becoming a hero. Shota took another bite of dumpling as he said, "and why did you want to become a hero?" He lifted a brow at her in question.

- - -

Ruka nodded her head, soba huh and the cold kind at that. She held back a giggle at the image of Shoto slurping up noodles. It was a cute image she supposed. Hmm so perhaps a traditional setting would be more suited for Shoto? Though then it made her wonder why all the cute cafes? Hm, she'll have to research and look around for someplace nice to take Shoto tomorrow. Ruka nodded her head as he spoke, though she wasn't expecting his questions. Foods she isn't fond of...? Ruka looked up in thought as she spoke aloud, "honestly, I love all kinds of food, whether it be savory or sweet...though there is one I am not fond of..." pausing Ruka looked over at Shoto a bit embarrassed as she explained, "I don't really like bitter food...ah but I love dark chocolate, but that's about the only bitter I like ehe. So coffee and such isn't my favorite."

Her love for strawberries huh...Ruka thought back to when she was first introduced to strawberries. It was when Yukito came over and visited her when she was sick at her new home, away from her family. She remembered how sweet the berries tasted and how it instantly brought a smile to her lips. Smiling fondly at the memory, Ruka murmured out in explanation, "I suppose it was when I first tried it and how sweet it tasted...I guess how it instantly brought a smile to my face made me quite fond of it hehe." Yes, because to her strawberries was a means of escape and a means to be happy. So that whenever she couldn't force a smile out, at least strawberries can make her smile. Plus it just tasted great. As the food arrived, Ruka was more than happy as she dug into the cake. It was delicious! "Mmm, by the way, I never realized how popular you are at school. You're quite the celebrity aren't you." Ruka teased out lightly as she took another bite of her cake, offering some to Shoto once again with a smile and tilt of her head, "want some?"

Genkai Genkai

"Yes!" She said proudly. "Our family has been practicing archery for many many generations. We've also been tasked with taking care of a really old shrine, incidentally it is said to house the God of Accuracy. We even have a large forest that surrounds the hill we live on, you can see all of Tokyo and people come up when we have festivals or when there's some emergency in the city" She said. She had spent countless summers and winters preforming ceremonies and she was quite proud of her family's connection to the past and the present. When aizawa mentioned why he was teaching, it made sense. He could be rather picky when it came to grading students. She understood why he wanted to make sure they were as prepared as they could be. He took teaching more personally than she thought.

"That makes sense." She noted. He was only hard on them for their own good. She was sure he had seen a few students get in over their head and maybe if they failed, it was something he then carried with him. "I guess it would be dangerous to have someone running around trying to help, when all they do is get in the way or can't save someone properly." She thought about his question. "I want to help people feel safe. I can't stand to see people bullied or mocked or attacked for no reason. Life is hard enough without real villains getting in the way." She said, her voice returning to a more passionate tone when she had been explaining her family. "People need to know that there's still good in the world, that people can still be kind to one another. Life is too short to be living in fear and if I can help someone not feel alone or scared...then that's all that counts!" Mela finished her potsticker, knowing how lame that sounded but it was the truth. "What about your hero motives?" Mela reached over and snagged one of his dumplings, popping it into her mouth. "Mmm~"

- - -

It was interesting to talk in depth about food and flavor. Some people were outwardly sweet and loved sweet things, like Uede. Or kind of goofy and like the same kind of junk food, like Kaminari. Though with Ruka, there was more depth to her in just what was on the surface. He thought back to how reserved she had been when they had first met and how he didn't expect her to like something so sweet and striking as a strawberry and yet the more he thought about it, the more it suited her. Strawberries were seasonal and rare, but very much coveted by many. And they were sweet but also had some bite to them. Ruka had a sly tongue when she felt like being a tease. When she mentioned she wasn't fond of bitter things, he considered it made sense though he also was aware things like balsamic did supposedly go with strawberries.

He made a mental note regarding dark chocolate. Maybe he could find some dark chocolate covered strawberries somewhere. Or maybe them? How hard could it be? He story regarding how happy strawberries made her was cute. Some foods could really bring a person back to a certain memory or emotion. "I'm glad you found something to always bring a smile to your face, Kurotsuki-chan." He smiled, wondering if one day, he could be that way for her as well. "I...suppose I am." He stilled for a moment. "I'm sorry about those girls yesterday. I hope they don't target you." He frowned. He didn't mean to cause her any trouble but he was sure she could handle it if there was any. "I seem to have a following but I don't pay them any mind, it's a little unsettling to be honest." He said as he reached over with his fork. b He smiled as he took a bite. It was very good though he got a bit of his shortcake and offered his fork to her. "You'll probably enjoy this, it's not too bitter." He told her. Even the simple act of sharing food, made it feel like they were closer. "I have been meaning to ask you about your choice in Persephone as a favorite myth, do you have a personal relation to it? Perhaps due to your family situation?" He asked, hoping he wasn't being too personal but it had been eating at him and he hoped his question was okay.

AiAi AiAi

It was strange to see her talk so passionately about her family. Somehow he took her as someone who disliked traditional setting yet her entire family background is soaked in traditional. He can see her wearing a kimono though, or a priestly hakama, heh cute. Pushing aside his off thoughts, Shota was impressed with her. Just how deeply did she take in his words? He didn't want to push the topic any further and instead decided to just listen to her own reason for becoming a hero. He smirked lightly, it was a very heroic ideal and cute at the same time. Though he knew the day she faces true danger, it's going to hit her pretty hard. It'll be quite the wall for her to climb. He hoped that Mela won't be faced with such a harsh reality, but Shota knew that it was an inevitable fate for any hero. One cannot always save someone no matter how hard they try. But that's why they were heroes. They face the hardships and still keep going on.

He watched his dumpling disappear from his grasp as she took it in one swift motion. Shota lifted a brow at this but didn't say anything as he merely reached over and took one of her own. As he took a bite, Shota maintained eye contact with her as he smirked after eating it. "Good, right?" Thinking over her question, Shota honestly answered her, "no one is invicible.... everyone needs some form of saving. I'm just here to provide that for them... whether they know I'm watching over them or not doesn't really matter to me. I'm just satisfied seeing villains be placed where they belong." If he can stop villains and put them behind bars, he'd happily help them. Though at times he would question his own motives but each time he saw a smile and the peace...it made him happy as well.

- - -

Thinking back to her reason for liking strawberries, Ruka can only give a light laugh. To think Yukito of all people made it such a memorable thing for her... it'll be a good thing that he never knows of that otherwise Ruka will never be able to get out of his grasp. Yes, she'll bring this to the grave with her if possible. Taking a bite of his cake, Ruka let out a sound of approval as she giggled slightly, just happy to be in such a cute and wonderful place. She wondered if she can just buy this store for herself.. heh. Blinking a bit, Ruka didn't even think about the girls targeting her. She smirked lightly as see waved her fork lightly at him, "please, it'll take more than 2 Katsuki's to get me down hehe." A group of girls can't scare her. She smiled as she added cheerfully, "I can keep them away if you'd like~" she didn't really put much thought behind her words only thinking of helping him.

At the mention of the myth she told him a few weeks back, Ruka blinked a few times as she looked off to the side. Maybe telling him won't be a bad thing, "ah...yeah kind of. It's more of to myself than to anyone else really.. um I think I told you before that I lived separate from my family? Have I told you that?" Ruka wasn't sure if she ever told anyone anything of this. She smiled softly as she told him, "my step father doesn't like my quirk...that's why I was living in a separate house ...but I don't really mind honestly hehe."

Genkai Genkai

Him snatching something from her plate, earned him a small smirk. Fine fine. At Aizawa's answer, she figured he wasn't one for the fame or the glory or starry eyed ideals. His answer was fairly simple but she had to wonder if that was really all there was to it. He almost made it seem like he just woke up and did what he felt was right in the moment. He truly wasn't one to make a fuss and he sounded truly happy to be in the shadows. Mela finished her tea and they spoke more about some antics Aizawa and the other teachers got into when they were younger. It was always fascinating to hear how they were, though it seemed like they hadn't done much changing in those years. What she wouldn't give to go back in the past and say hello to her heroes and tell them they were on the right path.

When they were done eating, Shota was kind enough to pay again but Mela didn't like it so she decided next time, she'd insist upon paying. Thankfully he seemed open to the idea of carrying her home. She curled her arms around his neck lightly as he carried her back. Mela rested her head against the back of his own, glad he couldn't see her gigantic smile. She found Aizawa to be quite comfortable but she made sure not to just doze off, no matter how tempting. Mela decided if training was going to continue to get tougher, she wouldn't mind if it meant being taken home personally by Aizawa hehe. She hoped she could make him something to repay him though.

Once back home, she thanked him and made him wait while she went inside and grabbed a cherry tart she had made last night, it had a buttery crumbly crust and cherries which were both sweet and tart. She didn't think it was much but she wanted him to have something for all of his trouble. When he left, she went to tackle her homework. When Ruka came home, the pair watched some tv and ate a light dinner together. The next day came and went and now it was Friday, the end of their training. Mela was going to miss Aizawa pinning her in various places but she hoped she had improved somewhat. Now she'd have to also work on her strength not just her combat skills and reactions. Aizawa had some work to do before the rematches tomorrow so Mela went off to get changed and see what Ruka was up to but not before telling him, "You better watch out tomorrow!"

As she got into the shower, she remembered Ruka was going to go out with everyone to study and then to the movies. It sounded like a lot of fun but after a long week of intense training and being under Aizawa's constant scrutiny, she didn't feel like being in a large loud group. She washed herself and got out, Ochako mentioning Tenya and Izuku would miss her. Mela said she'd try to make the next gathering. She was just feeling pretty drained and anxious about tomorrow morning. She didn't think she'd be great company and she also didn't really want to see Shoto and Denki fight for Ruka's attention which she knew was bound to happen. She would have to talk to Shoto and now may be her best chance. Quickly heading out, she asked around and found Shoto up at the library on the 20th floor.

No way was she taking the stairs.

She located Shoto returning a book but she couldn't catch what it was exactly. She called him aside and folded her arms. "I have been hearing things about you and Ruka." She said. "Yes?" Shoto looked to her. He hadn't had any real one on one time with Uede but he knew how important she was to Kurotsuki and he hoped they could somehow be on good terms but by the way she was looking at him, he had doubts. "Well? What are your intentions exactly?" Mela narrowed her eyes. "I intend on asking her out." Shoto said honestly. Mela gulped. Noooo. What had happened during training?! How was this happening so fast?! "Y-you're serious?" Mela gasped. "Yes I am." He replied. Wasn't he always? Mela had no idea what do say, she knew she couldn't threaten him. No no, he'd fry her up or freeze her in an instant.

Mela folded her arms. "She is important to me." Mela said. "I know. I was hoping you and I could be friends." Shoto replied calmly. "Ahah..we'll see~ I don't trust you." "Why not?" "You're young and I know exactly what guys your age are thinking about. Nasty things! Not to mention your quirks are dangerous. I don't know what you might try with Ruka but she doesn't need anymore trouble." "I only want to see her happy. I believe you do as well." Shoto took a cautious step closer, thankful she wasn't armed. He hoped she wasn't threatened by him wanting to get closer to Ruka. He knew Mela's approval would make things much easier for them. He didn't want to come between the two of them and cause them stress. Or make Ruka have to pick between him or her best friend.

"I'm watching you, Todoroki." Mela muttered. She would make sure he treated her well or he would be missing a few fingers and at least an eye when she got done with him. "That's fine, I hope in time you can see I just have her best interests at heart." He said before her excused himself, needing to go meet with the others to head over to the dorms. Mela watched him go, still unconvinced he was a good guy. He had a huge following of girls. It was so creepy. Shoto was so sotic and boring. She didn't know what Ruka or anyone else saw in him. He was certainly not her type. She took the stairs, mostly to avoid other students, her mind weighed down with the knowledge that Shoto would be asking Ruka out any day now. She was sure Ruka would be very happy and Mela tried to find a way to be happy for her but the list of reasons was rather lacking.

Finally five minutes later, Mela had reached the ground level and wondered what she'd do now. She didn't like studying in groups much, despite her sociability, finding it more distracting than anything else. Her excellent grades didn't just appear out of thin air, she had a system of notes and study habits and didn't feel like she was missing out. Maybe tomorrow after the fights, she could hang out and see if Deku was interested in going out, provided he beat Bakugo of course. Glancing around, she was surprised to see All Might still on campus. He was outside by one of the flowerbeds. She wondered why and headed over to see what he was up to. Shouldn't Yagi be around?

Walking over, she came up beside him. Even though she was quite tired, she was still happy to spot her favorite hero and see what he had going on. "Hey there All Might." She greeted lightly, looking to where his attention was currently, on some nice roses. She thought they were quite pretty. She crouched down to smell them, just as lovely as they looked. She stood back up and stretched her arms above her head. "It's been such a long week." She yawned. Sadly she didn't have Aizawa to carry her home today. Yesterday she had managed to take him out to a place that was known for its tempura. Her treat of course. Mela wondered how All Might had been these past few days. Her cat ears were tucked in her bag resting against her hip. "How have you been?" She asked him. "Are you going to observe the matches tomorrow?" Though by now she could assume so. He was their heroics teacher after all and a pattern was becoming established. "I suppose so huh? So will you be rooting for me or Aizawa-sensei?" She teased lightly.

- - -

"Oh no no no. Please don't." He quickly said at her offer, holding up a hand. He didn't want things to escalate. He really wanted to just ignore the problem and hoped it went away. "It's something I should handle myself." He told her. "But thank you though." He chuckled lightly. It was nice of her to worry but she needn't do so, he could easily squash the issue if need be. So far it seemed annoying and harmless but he had to wonder if it might get worse with what the some of the school was saying about him and Ruka. Though any time he caught wind of a rumor, he was quick to set the record straight. He really wasn't fond of whispers, much less ones that were untrue. He didn't want people to start assuming things about Kurotsuki. His own reputation, he didn't care about but he didn't want any boys or girls, thinking something unkind and untrue about Ruka.

"Ah yes I believe you did mention that but only bits here and there." He nodded when she explained a bit more of how she felt the tale related to her. It made sense though he hoped she didn't view herself as someone as such in such a situation as Persephone. "i am sorry your quirk ostracized you." He reached out and placed his hand over hers. He knew how hard it was to live being ashamed or confused of who you were and even why you were who were. He offered her a smile. "If it's worth anything, your father is really missing out on someone special." He said lightly. They continued to enjoy their tea and treats before it was time to wrap things up. Shoto once again walked her home, the two talking about books and other light topics.

In the back of his mind, he kept wondering about her family. It seemed far more complicated than his own. He knew his mother would like to meet Ruka. After all, he had mentioned her every time he had visited his mother. He felt a few more flutters in his chest as he decided he'd have to ask her out soon her he might lose his mind otherwise. He just had to settle on the best place and time. Surely not during school. He also wanted to make it a bit special. A poem? Would that be too cheesy? Maybe a rose? Too much? He wasn't sure and decided he'd have to do more research and settle on a means. What would she like? A book? Or was a gift even necessary? He didn't want to screw it up, that was for sure. Ruka didn't seem like the type who needed a gift but he wanted her to feel wanted.

After seeing her home, he headed back to his own house and consulted his book though he'd have to return it before Friday ended. Thursday passed and they continued with their training, working more on hand to hand again. Once they were done, they went out for ice cream in the park and even Friday's training seemed to improve as they added fire into the mix, this time neither of them burning the other, their clothes remaining fairly in tact, much to Shoto's relief. He had gotten wind of an activity at Denki's where he and some classmates would study and then go catch a movie. He was sure it was a means to calm everyone down before the rematches tomorrow. Shoto decided to go but only because he knew Ruka would be attending and he was hoping to spend more time with her.

The boy got clean and changed quickly before he went up to the library to quickly return his book, still not entirely confident in what he would do regarding Ruka. He returned the self-help book on finding love but before he could head back down, Mela approached him. He had been expecting her to track him down. She looked like she was ready to pass out but that didn't stop her from probing his intentions with Ruka. He tried to be as honest and open as possible. he knew she was just concerned for her friend, he didn't blame her but he didn't want to be seen as an enemy. He headed off to go meet the others from class Now that he had actually said he'd ask her out, he felt a bit more confident. He was really going to do it.

Denki's week flew just as fast. He and Eijiro had a lot of fun together and Denki was hopeful that their fight tomorrow would be a lot more decisive. He was rather disappointed that others had caught wind of his faux gathering. Now Eijiro was really going, surprised to be one of the last to hear about it. Izuku, Ruku, Shoto, Tenya and Ochako were now going too. Denki wanted this to be just him and Ruka but he couldn't exactly go around and tell people it was suddenly canceled. He was all the more mad that Shoto was going too. Who invited that guy?! The blond had already gotten showered and changed and was heading over to his dorm where they would all meet. Denki made sure to have Eijiro hide the cat, pretty sure Tenya and Shoto would say something if they saw his stowaway.

They'd surely report him.

He had cleaned up his dorm in anticipation of company and had burrowed a few beanbag chairs from the other dorm rooms belonging to his friends. He looked up to see Eijiro and Izuku the first to arrive. Denki waved them inside, his door propped open so the others would feel welcomed to just walk on it. Plus it was a nice day, why not leave the door open and enjoy the breeze? Izuku took a seat and pulled out his notes while Eijiro sat on the bed to wait for the others. Soon Shoto and Ochako and Tenya arrived. All that was left was Ruka. Denki kept eyeing Shoto feeling like there was something different about the guy but he couldn't quite explain it. "So tomorrow is gonna be real interesting huh?" Deku spoke up as they began to get ready for their light study session. "You nervous?" Eijiro asked the green haired boy. Deku gave a shaky smile. That said it all.

Ochako and Tenya began to talk about their notes for their classes, tackling English Literature first. Denki got up and decided to go make sure Ruka knew where she was meeting everyone. He didn't want her to just be wandering around. Hopefully she knew to meet at his dorm. She had been there before after all. He blushed, reminding how sweet she had been when he was sick. Sadly Eijiro had butted in but even so, he had been a really fun time, as far as being sick went. Heading out, he walked down the dorm hall and headed down the stairs until he reached the bottom and headed out to see where Ruka was. Spotting her coming out of the main building, he waved and jogged over to meet her halfway. He was quite glad to see her but that was a given. She looked amazing as usual.

"Hey Ru-er Kurotsuki-chan!" He grinned. "I never got to tell you but your lunch really helped on Wednesday." He said to her as he began to walk with her back toward the male dorms. "I can't wait to see what you and Todoroki do tomorrow." He said. Once again he wanted to ask about Shoto being spotted shirtless, heck he had even seen a picture pop up on someone's Snapchat. "I know you probably want to keep training but you gotta remember you have to rest your body before a big fight. You've been doing enough training this week. You'll be great." He tried to assure her with a wide smile. They got back to his dorm room and he let her enter first as everyone was beginning to discuss various themes and ways of saying certain phrases in English from the book they had been given to read. Shoto looked up at Ruka, his heart stopping. Even though it had only been about a half hour since he had seen her, he had to admit, he had missed her presence. "So how about an hour of study and then it's off to the movies?" Denki suggested. Iida seemed saddened by the short time but everyone else seemed happy. "So Kurotsuki-san, who do you think is tougher to go against, Todoroki or Kaachan?" Deku asked. "You don't have to say me just because I'm sitting right here." Shoto lightly teased her, which earned him a curious look from both Denki and Ochako.

AiAi AiAi

It was a strange sight to see Shota getting along with just anyone really, but to see him hanging about a student while showing a different expression other than annoyance? Now that was rare. Even Shota knew that him going out and eating instead of going straight home to sleep was rare. Everything he's been doing is just different and completely new. Shota knew why and he knew this girl would be the end of him one day. He watched her reactions to every little story he told her about his days at U.A and about the other pro heroes who were his classmates way back then. It was especially amusing to see her reaction to anything regarding All Might. Sure, a part of Shota felt annoyed that Mela was head over heels with the blonde hero, but Shota also knew that it was partially just her being a big fan of All Might. Hey, she called him handsome before and even stated that he was another favorite hero of her's so he'll just have to keep her to it and hope that soon her mind will be filled with him and not All Might. Of course, Shota would never say that aloud.

After eating, Shota paid for it as he gave Mela no room for complaints, though with her ramblings he mentioned that maybe she can pay for him next time. Maybe being the keyword. He wasn't about to mention that though since then she won't stop rambling, but hey, for now, it seemed to work as it not only ensured another outing with her, but it also shut her up for now. As they were leaving the store, Shota noticed how tired she seemed and he can only assume that the food only made her feel more tired or well sleepy. Sighing, Shota offered to carry her on his back and so he was now carrying Mela on his back as he walked to her apartment. He won't tell her that her warmth against his back was very soothing and nice. He'd probably have a good nap after this.

Shota would have left right away if Mela didn't insist that he wait for one minute. He held back a sigh as he waited outside her door, wondering what was so important that she was making him wait. His sweet bed was calling out for him and so was Mi. Shota was surprised when she came back with a small box in her hand. What was that? Shota took it as he simply nodded his head before reaching out and ruffling Mela's hair before turning around to head home himself. Once he fed Mi, Shota took a shower and laid down in bed. Staring up at the ceiling, his mind wandered back to Mela. He smirked lightly as he couldn't wait to see how she would fight him come Saturday. Closing his eyes, Shota fell asleep with his mind filled with a certain brown haired kitty.

Come Friday, Shota went about his usual routine of speaking to the class in the morning and then in the afternoon was his lesson with Mela. It was more hand to hand combat, but Shota was enjoying his time spent with her. It was both fun and amusing, very amusing. Seeing her get flustered at his words while trying to fight back was quite an endearing sight and then he usually worked her to the bone that she would be deadbeat afterward. Shota chuckled as he watched her tread off to get changed, "ah Me-Uede, I won't be able to take you home today. I have some work left..." he let out a sigh as he ruffled his hair. He much rather take Mela home and eat out with her instead of doing some paperwork, but a job was a job after all. As Shota left the room and was heading to the teachers' office, he ran into Kurotsuki who looked a bit too serious. He lifted a brow but stopped as she called out to him. What did she want...?

As Shota stood across from the petite pinkette, Shota lifted a brow at her accusations before he shrugged his shoulders at her, returning her glare right back at her, "and what of it? I don't believe Mela is yours and she wouldn't like you acting like this, right?" Being pulled by his scarf, Shota stared eye level with Kurotsuki for a while longer before he was roughly pushed away by the smaller female who simply stormed past him with a final warning. Shota watched Kurotsuki walk away before letting out a sigh. How on earth those two were best friends were beyond him...but having Kurotsuki as an enemy seemed to be troublesome. What was he doing again? Oh right, right. Paperwork.

All Might had been kept busy for the past few days as Principal Nezu seemed to have something for him to work on. Yagi has been wanting to go and speak to Mela and or even Aizawa-kun, but he hasn't been able to make contact with either. Yagi was a bit disheartened as he wondered what's been going on between the two of them. Aizawa-kun seemed to be in a good mood lately as well and that was just concerning. As Yagi stood outside, he stared down at one of the flowerbeds that he's been so painstakingly watering every day for a while now. The roses were in bloom and he smiled, proud of the outcome of his hard work. It's always nice to see things just bloom out after working so hard on it until now.

As Yagi was admiring the flowers, a head of brown entered his line of vision as Mela sniffed the flowers. All Might nearly jumped in surprise at her sudden arrival, but Yagi was more than happy to welcome her. He smiled widely at her as he remembered he was All Might and not Yagi as he greeted her, "Uede Shoujo! What a pleasant surprise!.." noticing just how tired she appeared, All Might frowned slightly as he then smiled while saying, "has Aizawa-kun been treating you right? I've been meaning to talk to you and see how you are doing against him..." worried that she was tired, All Might turned around, offering her his back as he told her, "hop on! I know just what you need!"

After she was situated comfortably on his back, All Might jumped up and out of U.A with a single leap. He flew through the air before landing in the middle of downtown where he led her to a small little shop. He let her off his back once he landed on the ground. Gesturing for her to follow, Yagi led her into the small coffee shop as he told her, "they have the best drinks here, its great to have when you're tired, now order away Uede Shoujo! It is my treat!" He flashed her a pearly smile as he sat beside her. He's been wanting to ask how her training has been so far and to make sure Aizawa-kun hasn't done anything to her. "So uh, how have you and Aizawa-kun's training been going so far? He has been treating you well, right?"

- - -

Ruka stared at his hand as it was gently placed over her own pair. Was she being ostracized for her quirk? Well, in a sense she supposed she was. But Ruka knew better than that. She smiled lightly up at him as his words at the mention of her father twisted her heart in a painful fashion. Looking down at their hands, Ruka couldn't help but hold his hand as she mumbled back, "I may be ostracized, but after what I have committed...I believe that I am worthy of being treated like so..." how could she have hurt her own mother like that? The only one who actually looked at her with a kind smile, but at times Ruka can see a bit of sadness tinted with the smile. Was there something hurting her mother? Squeezing lightly his hand, Ruka smiled over at him as she replied back, "thank you for your kind words...I wonder how my father would have taken that haha." Which father was the question? The one who never made a presence in Ruka's entire life? Or the one who pushed her away while calling her a monster? Guess she really only had Yukito...and even that was rather unwelcomed.

As the two discussed some more light topics and finished their tea, once again Shoto walked her home. Ruka was glad to be in his company, but she couldn't help but wonder if he was tired of walking her home all the time. After bidding him goodbye, Ruka went inside and cooked up a light meal for dinner. She called Mela over and the two enjoyed dinner and their company together. She watched some t.v with Mela before heading off to shower. Though before her shower, Ruka was once again facing off with the icy bathtub filled with cold cold water. She stared at it with distaste, but she knew she'll have to keep at this if she wanted to handle Shoto's cold quirk. Hissing, Ruka dived into the waters as quickly as possible as she realized Shoto's attacks were sudden, very sudden. It always caught her off guard and so this time Ruka kept flames lit around her as she dove into the waters to maintain control over it. It was hard and freezing, but Ruka worked hard at it. After her long training session, Ruka was seen taking a warm warm shower before heading off to bed.

Thursday went by rather smoothly where she had some ice cream with Shoto in the park after their training. She realized that it was becoming a habit for her to seek Shoto out after school, almost as if she was anticipating another round of just hanging out with him, going to get sweets and talk about books. It was fun for her and something that she has been looking forward to more and more lately. As Friday came rolling around, Ruka was reminded about the movie and study session after school. She agreed to it since it would be a good way to relax for a bit before the big match. She was disappointed that Mela wouldn't be able to come, but seeing how tired her friend was, Ruka wouldn't push her. She frowned as she noted how tired Mela's been lately, yet her friend was complaining as much as she assumed Mela would. Hm...suspicious.

Once her training with Shoto has ended, Ruka waved at the boy telling him that she'll meet him at Denki's dorm room. Ruka had a few things to do before that. After a quick shower and changing into some more casual clothes aside from her uniform as she thought it'll be a bit uncomfortable going out to a movie in her uniform, even Ochako offered to lend Ruka her room to change into if she'd like. Though Ruka assured the girl that she would change before heading over. Changing into some black shorts and a dark blue tank top, she wore an oversized grey sweater over it before tying her hair up into a side ponytail. She's been playing with her hair for the past few days and she will admit to only herself that it was mainly due to Shoto's comment about her hair.

As she walked out of the locker room, Ruka caught sight of the one person she had some business with. Her eyes glinted dangerously as she approached her teacher, calling out to him, "Aizawa....can I have a word with you?" She won't call him sensei or give him any honorifics, he didn't deserve it. She stared up at him with a light glare as she crossed her arms, "I've heard you've been training Mela rather harshly...and I don't know what you do, but I don't want you getting any closer to her than you already are. It may not be obvious to others but I can see it. I don't know how you feel about Mel and I don't want to know...just know that you shouldn't get any closer to her than you already are." She didn't know the details, but she knew Mela long enough to know something was going on. Hearing his response to it all, Ruka felt her eye twitch as she glared right back at Aizawa. Not caring if anyone saw, Ruka reached out and grabbed hold of the front of his scarf, pulling him down to be eye level with her. Glaring into his unimpressed eyes, Ruka growled out, "I don't approve of you and you better watch yourself, you old geezer. Hurt her once and I'll melt you to the ground. Don't think your quirk can save you." Ruka shoved him aside before walking off. There was certainly something going on...and Ruka will find out one way or another. Though one thing was for sure, he's definitely has gotten on her bad list.

Trying to cool herself down before her flames began to show, Ruka walked out of the main building and was heading towards the dorms when she spotted Denki up ahead. She blinked a few times before she smiled over at the blonde in greeting. "Hey, Kaminari-kun! Sorry, I'm late, I had a few things to deal with before...oh? Well, I'll be happy to make you lunch some other time again." She was glad to hear he enjoyed her lunch, maybe Kirishima-san would like some too? She was certain Denki mentioned it to the red-head as well? As they walked back to his dorm, Ruka nodded her head, ideas already forming in her mind for how she would go against Shoto, "yes, I'm looking forward to tomorrow as well, I'll do my best, so best of luck to you too hehe." She blinked over at his comment almost as if he knew she had been training even at home. Ruka rubbed the back of her head but she smiled up at him, "alright, I'll take it easy as you say...but just because you seem so worried hehe." Ruka poked his cheek teasingly before heading inside his room. She greeted everyone as she entered the room.

Ruka smiled over at Shoto before taking a seat on Denki's bed as all the other spots have been taken. Hm, maybe she shouldn't have done that. Jumping off the bed, Ruka was about to sit on the floor when Eijiro spoke up, "ah Kurotsuki! You can take my seat. I'll take Denki's bed, he won't mind haha." Eijiro jumped onto Denki's bed, laying on his stomach as he began to look over his notes. Ruka chuckled lightly as she took the seat, thanking him. At Izuku's sudden question, Ruka looked up in slight surprise. Huh? Who is stronger...? Ruka looked over at Shoto at his teasing words, a slight blush forming on her cheeks as she pouted over at him. Turning to Izuku, Ruka answered him with a smile, "I have to say probably Todoroki-kun and no, it isn't because you're right here." Ruka stuck a tongue out at him before continuing with her explanation, "Katsuki can be annoying to deal with, but I can handle his explosions while Todoroki-kun has two quirks in one...and his ice is honestly a bit too chilling even for someone warm like me ehe." Ochako blinked as did Izuku as the two shared a look, there she went again with the name calling.

Pointing it out, Ochako couldn't help but ask, "I've been wondering, but Kurotsuki-chan, why do you call Bakugou-kun by his first name...? I'm more surprised he doesn't get mad at you for that." Ruka blinked before replying in a heartbeat, "huh? That's because he calls me by my first name. If he gets to do that, why can't I?" It was a simple thing for Ruka though before anything else can take place, Deku asked a few more questions about how he should go against Katsuki. Ruka answered as best as she can, though she was more of the type to go with the burn and burn him back twofold. Ruka can only wish Izuku luck against Katsuki. She didn't mind missing a bit of studying. Ruka wasn't much of a notetaker, but she did just fine by reading the textbook. Ruka was more of the type to teach herself and thus notes never did much for her. She ended up having to help some of them with English. After a good hour of studying, the group headed off to the movies. Ruka smiled up at the board in excitement, the movie sounded really interesting. As the movie was about to begin, there was a bit of a fuss as to the seating with Eijiro being pushed away from Denki for some odd reason. Ruka just took a seat and found herself sitting in between Shoto and Denki. She looked at both of them as she asked the two, "I'm excited about this movie, how about you guys?"

Genkai Genkai

Running into All Might was a good alternative to Aizawa-sensei. She was hoping tomorrow's match would go okay, enough. She had to think maybe her outfit would give her an edge over the dark haired man. Maybe if she just meowed and pretended to be a cat he'd lose focus and she could win? That wouldn't be a fun way to win but in her mind, she shouldn't even be paired up against a pro hero anyway so in her mind, a win was win, even if she had to be a bit coy about it. "Oooh he's be okay." A bit rough at times but nothing she couldn't handle eheh. "I wasn't sure if this was some terrible joke but I've been learning a lot about how to fight better. Don't tell him I said that though." She laughed slightly, not wanting to give him any credit. When All Might motioned for her to get on his back, she tilted her head but didn't want to deny herself this once in a lifetime chance.

She happily held her arms around him as they took off. She had been in some very high places before but this was a whole other thing! She glanced around, it was such a new and exciting feeling, the rush of being in the air, it took her breath away. Mela only needed to blink a few times before they were back on solid ground. She wouldn't have believed what had just happened if she hadn't experienced it first hand. She was rather enamored with what All Might was capable of, it was truly unfathomable. "Thanks haha, that beats walking!" She said, following him. Mela let out a small sigh, replaying what had just happened back a few times. One moment they were in UA and then they weren't. It was so hard to believe but she was thankful for the lift, it meant a lot less walking for her.

Entering the small cafe, she looked around, it wasn't too crowded, which was good. "Really? Thank you so much." Mela bowed her head, that was so kind of him to offer. She had to hope next time, she could treat him. If he'd allow her to do so. She sat down with him and decided a soothing green tea would hit the spot. "Training? Uhhh." She thought back to some of what they had done and it suddenly became a bit difficult to breath. She looked away for a moment, not too sure she should go into a whole lot of detail. "I-it's been good...uh I can't say he's gone easy on me." She rubbed her neck, though she wouldn't have expected to. Aizawa liked teasing her and she was pretty darn sure he knew what he was doing when it came to them getting so close. He had to know what he was doing!

"But I guess that's for the best." Mela considered. "We've been able to talk a lot more as, we've been--" She stopped herself. Would Aizawa want her to say they'd been getting something to eat every day since Tuesday? Probably not. She assumed he would rather keep things private and so she decided not to mention it to All Might, not wanting to further piss Aizawa-sensei off in time for their match tomorrow. "Uh anyway, I'm really glad I got to see you before the match tomorrow." She said, not wanting to think too much about Aizawa right now or she might just stare off into space. That would be rude. "You know I asked him about how he felt about having a relationship and soulmates and I've wanted to ask you too..." But she'd been to afraid to do so. "From what I gathered, he thinks it's too dangerous to start something with someone but is that a choice you can really make for you and someone else?" She asked him. As yes, don't talk about Aizawa, that would be too difficult but soulmates? Suuuure.

- - -

Denki would adore Ruka all the more if she made him more lunches. And he was sure Eijiro would too but Denki would likely just steal the bento from his friend, wanting to have all of Ruka's love for himself. He blushed at her light touch against his cheek. He really did hope she took it easy. They would be fighting in only so many hours. There was no need to exert yourself further. Which was why a movie was such a brilliant idea. Of course he had considered it a relaxing excuse after the fact. At any rate, Denki was glad Ruka could join him even if it meant a few others like Todoroki had to get involved. "I would love to have more of your cooking. Maybe you can show me how to make some of it sometime?" He looked to her. He looked to Eijiro who kicked Ruka off of his bed. He didn't mind. In fact, he'd prefer Ruka on his bed to Eijiro, which Eijiro probably knew.

At Ruka's reply as to who was stronger, Shoto felt a surge of pride. He was flattered by her words though two quirks didn't mean he was stronger, it meant he had to work twice as hard to prefer each one. He did have an advantage though, ice and fire. It was a deadly combination but at the same time, it was a difficult burden to bear. He wanted to honor his mother but also push himself further than his father ever had. He had denied a part of himself for so long but his training was ensuring his fire was as adaptable as his ice quirk. "Thank you, Kurotsuki-chan." He smiled to her, he hoped their fight tomorrow would be a good one. He could tell based on their training that it would be a tough match but that was what would push all the more. When she mentioned Bakugo and why they were so casual, it did confuse him a bit. His book had noted casual names were for close friends but those two were friends at all. Or were there?

Shoto wasn't the only concerned one. Denki had wished Ochako had left the topic alone but he was also a bit glad to hear her side of things. Denki figured Ruka could just ignore Bakugo's teasing and not encourage it by being so close to him. But he was sure Ruka wasn't really into that kind of a guy. No no. Everyone tossed out various questions about their many subjects and before they knew it, the movie was drawing nearer. Denki got up and helped clean up as the group headed off to grab a bus downtown. Denki kept an eye on Ruka as they traveled along the streets. Things seemed so calm, so ordinary. As they all clamored for snacks and seats, Denki was quite annoyed that Eijiro hadn't just grabbed Shoto and flung him into a seat as far away from Ruka as possible.

But instead both he and Shoto were by Ruka. Eijiro, you idiot! Denki looked to Ruka, giving her a smile. But he leaned over slightly and caught Shoto glaring at him. Talk about a romance killer. "I'm not really into these sorts of movies to be honest." Shoto said, he wasn't too into the hero hype most people were. "But I have heard good things about it." He considered, not wanting to seem like a wet blanket and give Ruka the wrong impression as if she were the only reason he was there. It was but she couldn't know that. "I'm totally stoked!" Denki said loudly. "I heard the fight scenes are really good." He told them. "If you get scared or worried or anything, you can hold onto my hand." Denki offered her. He didn't think there'd be a reason for that but he hoped she'd still take him up on that offer. "I heard there's already gonna be a sequel to this so we gotta check it out too." Denki added. Hopefully with just them. No one else! "Thanks again for coming, Kurotsuki-chan, this is a great way to relax but get us pumped up. Yeah!"

AiAi AiAi

Yagi nodded his head, he was glad that Aizawa-kun has been able to help Mela in improving as a hero. It's always a nice thing to see and hear someone improving. He knew for himself that it made him very proud and his heart would swell with both pride and happiness. That was one bonus of being a teacher, being able to see the growth of a student. He smiled over at Mela, though at her sudden flustered expression, Yagi felt like something hit him in the gut pretty hard. What was this bad feeling that was brewing in the depths of his chest? As she continued to talk about her training with Aizawa-kun, she suddenly stopped mid-sentence. Wait, what? What was she going to sayyyy!? Yagi leaned forward as he was eager to know what she was about to say, but she was quick to cover over it.

Somehow Yagi felt disappointed in how she glossed over the details, almost as if there was something for her to hide. But what exactly happened in that training room? It was aggravating to know it was a private room too. Its almost as if Aizawa-kun planned all of this to take place, but he knew it wasn't that. He recalled seeing Aizawa being lightly scolded by Principal Nezu of the constant fixes they've been having to do at the gyms due to Aizawa's class. Guess this was for the best of everyone though knowing Aizawa-kun, Yagi was certain the male made most of what he was given...he always did that. He can try and ask Aizawa-kun, but Yagi can already guess that the other male will simply brush him off or just rub whatever has occurred into his face...in a painful manner. Yagi wasn't sure if his heart can take the beating.

Snapping out of his thoughts, Yagi looked over at Mela as he took a sip his green tea. Wait, did she just ask him about soulmates? She already asked Aizawa-kun this question...? Well, yes that did sound like something Aizawa-kun would say, but why did he feel so bad all of a sudden? Yagi placed down his teacup as he looked ahead, lost in thought for a moment. Soulmates...he already knew the answer to that and he completely understood why Aizawa-kun would answer like that. Yagi probably would have answered it the same way...but does he really feel like that way? Lately, he's been thinking more about this whole soulmates idea and somehow he felt like his feelings for it was changing just the slightest bit. If he could be selfish...then can he wish for his own happiness and pursue it just like any normal guy?

Smiling a bit, Yagi finally answered Mela's question, "I can't say I don't disagree with Aizawa-kun there Uede Shoujo, because I understand where he is coming from. As a hero, we must always put everyone else before ourselves...but lately I've been wondering if that is really the case." Pausing, All Might glanced over at Mela, smiling gently down at her, "you're right Uede Shoujo! That is not something one can decide between two people. Maybe it will be a hard decision to get out of, but I'm sure there is always a way to compromise...and I believe that everyone deserves to be happy...though I will be honest, I don't think anyone would be happy to be my soulmate ahaha. Who would want an old man like me? On top of that, I am busy with my job as a hero and a teacher...I don't want to disappoint my soulmate with who I really am haha." All Might blabbed on for a moment more before turning to Mela, "I am cheering you on Uede Shoujo! I wish you the best of luck and I am certain that you will do just fine against Aizawa-kun tomorrow! If he goes out of hand, of course, I will step in and stop the two of you! That is a promise! And if you beat him, then I will treat you to whatever you wish!" He gave her a thumbs up and a wink.

- - -

Ruka nodded her head in understanding to Shoto. She smiled over at him as she said, "well I hope this movie will be fun for all of us." She hoped Shoto would like the movie. Ruka quite like hero movies as it was always exciting to see a hero in action whether that be in real life or in a movie. She settled back into her seat, getting comfortable before turning her attention to Denki. She giggled slightly at his enthusiasm as she said, "are you sure you won't be the one holding my hand when you get scared?" She lightly teased over at him, not really minding if he held her hand, but Ruka was certain she'd turn a bit red if anyone held her hand. She'd be more concerned that she might just end up hurting him with a burn or something like that. She turned to Shoto, giving him a teasing wink as she also told him, "if you get scared, you can hold my hand too Todoroki-kun~" She was teasing, of course, those two won't be scared of a movie. Nah. She hoped not...otherwise she just dug herself a deep hole.

"A sequel? Well, I'm looking forward to it already hehe." Ruka loved sequels and the likes, a continuation was always fun, but at the same time, she does like closure. Hopefully, each movie was about something new otherwise she'd die just waiting to know what happens next. Looking at the screen as the movie started, Ruka smiled slightly. It was definitely relaxing and fun. It was probably a big relief to many of them as otherwise each person would probably be so stressed just thinking about their rematch tomorrow. But even during the movie Ruka couldn't help but think about the match. She needed to catch him off guard and win in one swift motion. Yes, that will do.

During the movie, there was a rather suspenseful scene which caused Ruka to jump slightly in surprise. She grabbed onto the arms of the chair in her surprise though she hoped they didn't take notice of her sudden fright. Hopefully, Ochako letting out a slight whimper was enough of a distraction for the others. Ruka let out a small breath as she leaned back into her scene. She wasn't expecting such a sudden loud sound during such a quiet scene. As the movie began to roll its credits, Ruka looked about as she chatted with everyone else about the movie. She smiled over at Denki as she said, "wow! That was really something huh! I can't wait for the sequel!" She then turned to Shoto as she asked him, "so what did you think about it? I hope you liked it." As everyone walked out of the theater, Ruka walked with Shoto and Denki as she talked with them a bit more about the movie. Looking up at the night sky, Ruka murmured aloud, "I wonder how tomorrow will go..." smiling she turned to Shoto as she told him, "I'm looking forward to tomorrow's rematch. I won't lose this time, so watch out Todoroki-kun."

After parting ways with everyone, Ruka arrived home where she talked with Mela about the movie and how the study session went as well. She won't tell Mela that she had a talk with Aizawa about Mela and him. No, she didn't need to know that she threatened their teacher about melting him into a puddle if he dares make Mela cry. The two then talked about tomorrows re-match as Ruka for one was looking forward to it. She didn't skip out on the ice bath training as she took that before going to sleep. She can only hope that tomorrow nothing bad will happen and even if she did lose again, she won't be thaaat upset....not too much hopefully. She did want to congratulate Shoto if he won, but Ruka was determined to win no matter what! With that in mind, Ruka fell asleep rather peacefully and quickly.

Genkai Genkai

It truly wasn't fair for heroes to sacrifice a personal life for the greater good. Why wouldn't you have it all or at least try? What kind of a hero could give up without trying? She listened to him, rather nervous as to what he would say on the matter. The last thing she wanted was to feel her heart being pierced by a thousand arrows like when Aizawa spoke to her back at the other restaurant last weekend. That still hurt. "What? Nooo. You're hardly old! Beside some people might like--nevermind." She started to say, waving a hand, stopping herself. He was just the right age for some lucky brunette (coughsuchasherselfcough) to come along and sweep him off of his feet. "I would be--anyone would be lucky to have you as their soulmate!" She insisted, having to quickly cover her confession up eheh. "Please don't think you don't have a chance at being happy because I know you do! No one is too busy or too undeserving of love." Even Bakugo or Todoroki? Erm yes. At his words of cheering for her and looking out for her, she smiled, glad to know he would be there for her, it gave her quite a bubbly feeling in her chest. And he'd take her out of she beat Aizawa? Oh yeah, Aizawa-senise would go down, by any means necessary!

When she finished her tea, they parted ways, though Mela didn't want to go home so soon, she did need her rest. She thanked All Might and said she'd see him tomorrow before she headed back home, Mela far too shy to ask for a flight home. She and Ruka had a nice night together before Mela called it an early night. She cuddled with her All Might plushie and dreamed of beating Aizawa, she was already envisioning her victory dance. Oh yeah. Come morning, Mela dressed in a pair of jean shorts and a baggy grey tee shirt which had the words "Sweet Dreams" in pale pink cursive lettering, it came off her shoulders. She also had on a pair of white sneakers and black knee high socks which had lace trim. Mela headed out with Ruka, both determined to win after a week of being sick and unable to participate. The bus ride to school was quiet save for a few chatty kids who wanted to go to the park.

Arriving at school, they met up with Aizawa-sensei before they got changed. Mela slipped back into her hero costume. Oh yes, no pants...she slipped it on and remembered cat ears. Oh what luck. She grinned. All Might said he'd take her out? Well she couldn't exactly yell her offer to Deky now could she? That would be kind of rude. She waved to Ruka and ran out to meet up with the rest of the class. She was going to beat Aizawa. He better not let her win or she wouldn't talk to him for a week. But she didn't think he'd be able to take it easy on her, not when all of his students were watching. She would beat his smug face into the ground and bust out her victory dance. What? Was she supposed to be a good winner. Competition ran through her veins. No denying that. Mela hurried over to All Might, giving him a smile before she gave Aizawa and wink and a smirk. "Ready to lose in front of everyone~?" She teased him, pulling up her hood and showing off her cat ears for Aizawa-sensei. He would be so sorry he put himself and her together ha! "You'll take me out right? If I beat Aizawa-senseiiii~?" She looked to All Might, taking his offer very seriously.

- - -

While he didn't think anything in the movie could frighten him, he would make use of her offer. Hero movies just reminded him of his family and his father which just left a sour taste in his mouth. Heroes shouldn't be objective so much in his mind. It was ridiculous to put so much emphasis on being a hero and being in the spotlight. He didn't like the laws or how things worked but sadly it was a system he had to work with. He was sure there were easier ways to help people. But the public just wanted to see battles and carnage. Denki on the other hand loved the idea of being a flashy hero. He wanted everyone to know that when he showed up, there was nothing to fear, that help was on the way! When the movie ended, he got up and looked to Ruka, "Oh yeah, it was pretty fun. I'm ready for more." Denki smiled to her. Shoto rose, not finding it that fun but it was good to let his mind zone out. He still preferred the quiet company of books. And it was also more affordable. "I thought it interesting, a bit simple in terms of plot but it was a good movie to just zone out to." He said as they headed outside. "I am as well, please get some rest tomorrow, I want you at your best." He smiled, placing a hand on her shoulder before he left the group without saying any other goodbyes, even when Denki was right beside him.

With the day of fighting upon them, Denki got up and got dressed. The boys dorm was alive with chatter as everyone was stretching and doing their best to get in the proper mindset. Tenya seemed even more high strung than usual so Denki kept his distance to be safe. That guy could be such a weirdo. Denki pulled on some ripped jeans and a black rank top before he headed out and down to grab a good hearty breakfast. His tank top allowed his muscular arms to be shown off. He wasn't ripped like Midoriya but he looked pretty good or so he told himself in the mirror. Peachy seemed to agree there. He gathered around after eating as Aizawa said brief words before dismissing them all. Denki got into his usual gear and went out, finding Eijiro quickly as they began to kick off the latest batch of rematched. Denki and Eijiro went second with Denki pulling out a win but he was then left in a rather dopey state for the third match. In the back of his numb mind, he giggled and focused on fond thoughts of Ruka nursing him back to health. Oh Ruka~

For Todoroki, he woke up early and got to school with time to spare. He was going to ask Ruka out today. He dressed in black soft jeans and a short sleeve button up color shirt, the color an icy arctic blue. He brushed out his red and white hair before leaving, finding a scribble note which Shoto had to assume was wishing him good luck against Kurotsuki. He arrived at school and said good morning to a few select people before he got changed and hurried back out. He spotted Ruka and swallowed. That outfit again? The company hadn't redesigned it? He paled slightly. He had been avoiding the image of her in that outfit all week, knowing it added a whole new layer of complexity. "You l-look nice today." He struggled to say, trying to keep calm. God this would be a tough one with that outfit alone. Shoto watched Tenya and Mineta go, before Eijiro and Denki were up next. Shoto paid little attention as he kept eyeing his own partner, his eyes trying not to wander but it was of no use, his self-control had whittled away by this point. He licked his lips and shut his eyes, trying to keep his thoughts pure and tasteful but she was making it very hard for him to focus on the third match before Ruka elected to go next. This was it.

AiAi AiAi

After bidding Uede Shoujo goodbye, Yagi watched her walk off into the horizon before turning around to head home himself. He's had a long day and something tells him that tomorrow would be even longer. Why did he continue to have this bad feeling in his chest whenever he thought of Mela and Aizawa-kun together? Yagi placed a hand over his chest as he stared up at the pink-orange sky. No one is too busy and undeserving of love huh...smiling to himself, Yagi entered his home. That may be true, but for him, the situation was a bit more complicating than he'd like to admit. Entering his home, Yagi took a shower before laying down in bed, not that hungry for dinner. He was too lost in thought to even feel hungry. Yagi knew that even if he did find his soulmate, there would be the issue of his identity.

Sure, being All Might, Yagi has often heard people tell him that whoever is his soulmate is lucky and so he can only assume Mela was just saying that as well though her comment of him not being old made him chuckle. To think he'd be told that by a high schooler. Heh. All Might is a hero, All Might is popular and well loved by the people, so of course, there are people who wish they were his soulmate, but he knew better than that. If they knew who he really was, what he really looked like...he was certain they would turn the other way and walk right out of his life. Who would want some lanky old guy like him? His cheeks were hollow and his eyes had bags and appeared to be sunken into his skull, he was thin overall and honestly, he looked like a skeletal ghost half the time. He really can't blame anyone for not wanting to be with someone like him. Though if he was given the choice of being happy with a loved one...then Yagi would more than happily ask for that. He too wants to be loved and cared for, but he knew his situation was far from being normal. Even a hero would have it easier than he ever would.

Pushing aside such deep thoughts, Yagi decided to sleep early that night since he knew he'll be there helping out come Saturday morning. It was like an unspoken favor between him and Aizawa-kun. Not that he minded. No, he quite enjoyed it. Yagi smiled to himself as he was especially looking forward to Mela's rematch against Aizawa-kun. He can only hope that Mela won't be wearing that adorable yet sinful costume once again. Even Yagi knew he wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off of that. Ahem.

Come the next morning, Yagi got up bright and early, deciding to wear a semi-formal looking attired for the day. Why? Well, why not! He wore some khaki slacks and a soft yellow polo shirt with a few of the top buttons undone. Smiling to himself in the mirror, All Might jumped out of his house and towards the school as they stayed with the first gym for the matches. Arriving on time, All Might gave his sleepy students a bright pearly smile as he wished each one good luck. Spotting Mela, All Might walked over to her and smiling he told her, "good morning Uede Shoujo! And of course! I never go back on my words! Best of luck to you Uede Shoujo!" He placed his hand on her shoulder as his other hand gave her a thumbs up. He could literally feel the death stare on the back of his head courtesy of Aizawa himself, but Yagi will pretend he didn't feel the burning hole slowly being made by Aizawa's stare. Yagi watched the interaction between Mela and Aizawa-kun, keeping quiet yet that familiar painful squeeze happened again inside his chest. Keeping a smile on his face, Yagi watched matches.

Friday was uneventful for Shota as he was stuck finishing up some paperwork after his training session with Mela was done with. Shota held back a sigh as he wondered what that hyper girl was up to...though with how grueling the training was, Shota doubted she'd have the energy to go out and have fun. He smirked slightly, oh how wrong he was, but oblivious can be bliss. Once finished with the work, Shota headed home to get some actual rest for once. He knew that he'll need it for tomorrows upcoming match. Shota was looking forward to it as he wondered what sort of tactic she would use to try and win against him? Shota would be impressed if she can beat him. He'd probably have to reward her if she won...but what? Suddenly the idea of soulmates came crashing into his mind once again.

Shota blinked a few times as he laid in his bed with Mi beside him. Soulmates huh...placing a hand on the back of his neck, Shota touched his soul mark, the same exact one as Mela. She was his soulmate...she was his student...yet there was an undeniable attraction he felt towards her. The question is, was it because of this soulmates thing or was it more pure and natural than that? Shota wondered if these feelings formed before he even knew she was his soulmate? Letting out a long sigh, Shota muttered aloud to himself, "soulmates is such a drag..." why did he have to go and find out that she was his soulmate? Things would be a lot less complicated if so. Though knowing it doesn't hurt he supposed. He smirked lightly, imagining her reaction to him being her soulmate.

As Saturday came flying in, Shota got up and went to the first gym. Today was slightly different for him as he would be participating in it as well. After greeting the students and giving the brief overview of what today will take place, Shota sent them all to get changed. His eyes briefly met Mela's as he watched her head off to the locker room. Hm, wait to change...Shota held back a curse as he realized that he would have to deal with a pantsless Mela to win this fight. Now that was just unfair and doesn't those come with cat ears? No...this would be hard for him. Shota frowned as he wondered why Mela made such a design, its as if she already saw this coming? Shot let out an annoyed sound as he started up the matches, watching as Iida and Mineta went first followed by Kirishima and Kaminari. After a bit, Kurotsuki and Todoroki went.

Shota watched Mela's reaction from nearby and it seemed like All Might was doing the same. The two were a bit more attentive and cautious of not letting things get too out of hand this time around. Shota for one did not want to go through another round of Mela being upset at him. He watched the battle between Kurotsuki and Todoroki, it was flames for quite some time before Todoroki decided to use his ice, though at seeing the ice dome, well murmurs began to arise from the students. Shota leaned forward, trying to see through it, but the ice was too thick. He stared, wondering if he had to step in soon...? He kept a hand on Mela's wrist, keeping her from jumping in. Soon enough the two emerged from the ice with an explosion of fire. Seeing the two a bit scorched but nothing serious, Shota let the match continue until Kurotsuki pinned Todoroki down and so Shota stepped forward and declared the winner to be Kurotsuki, much to the surprise of many. Any further and Todoroki would get seriously burned. Shota let out a sigh as he let Mela go see Kurotsuki as he looked around for any more volunteers. No more? Then...was it time for him to go? He smirked slightly at the thought though Katsuki decided to go next as he was quite fired up from the fight he just witnessed. Shota let out a sigh and watched the next disastrous fight take place. He'll leave that to All Might to handle if things went out of control. And then it was finally his turn against Mela. Glancing over at her, Shota smirked as he told her, "what was your words earlier again? That I would lose? I'd like to see you try." He heard her talking to All Might too like he'd let those two go out together. Walking out onto the stage, Shota turned to Mela and smirked as he told her, "come at me anytime now..." he so badly wanted to call her kitten but refrained from doing so.

All Might was silent as he watched Kurotsuki Shoujo and Todoroki Shounen fight it out against each other down below. It was quite an amazing fight. All Might will have to acknowledge that Kurotsuki was proving herself to be quite the powerhouse...but what was with her quirk? His brows furrowed slightly as it seemed so familiar but from where? He'll have to talk to Aizawa-kun later and figure this out. He was sure the other pro hero have taken notice of the quirk as well. As the pair were stuck in the ice dome, all waited with baited breaths as they had no clue what would happen next. He could hear Mineta Shounen spouting some...crazy fantasy that had to be censored as Sero Shounen was kind enough to use his tape to shut young Mineta up. As all eyes watched, the ice broke into pieces, instantly melting into puddles of water as the flames were so hot that even he can feel it from up here. Yagi stayed put despite the heat hitting his face as he watched Kurotsuki Shoujo take advantage of the situation where both seemed quite in some sort of shock before the young pinkette ended the fight. Yagi clapped his hands, praising the two before his attention turned to Bakugou Shounen and Midoriya Shounen. Yagi gulped as he knew things can get risky here. The fight was quite wild but thankfully no one was too seriously hurt. After that came...Mela's fight. All Might gave her an encouraging smile as he told her, "good luck Uede Shoujo! I know you will do just fine! Remember, plus ultra!"

- - -

The next morning, Ruka got up early as she made a healthy and wholesome breakfast for her and Mela before getting changed. The other night, Ruka has actually stumbled upon something rather interesting and embarrassing in her pile of laundry. She found Shoto's shirt that she borrowed during their first training session. Her entire face heated up at the memory of him being shirtless while handing her the shirt. Ahhhh! To think she forgot and now she has his shirt...Ruka stared at it a bit longer before deciding to sleep in it. Ehem. Aside from that memory of last night, Ruka focused on getting ready for the big day. She changed into a white button up babydoll styled dress with a black ribbon tied around her neck. She wore black thigh high knitted socks and red boots. She tied her hair up into a bun, for now, thinking of styling it into something else when she changes into her costume...ah, her costume. Ruka made a face as she walked out of her apartment, meeting up with Mela downstairs to head to school.

Greeting the others, Ruka headed off to get changed with the girls. Turning to Mela, Ruka grinned at her friend as she told her, "do your best today Mel, I heard you're gonna get a special treat if you win hm?" She overheard Mela talking to All Might and Ruka had to wonder when this conversation took place. Does she have to have a word with All Might too now? Ruka held back a sigh though as she took out her costume to change into, the look of distaste appeared on her face. How she forgot to tell Yukito to change her costume? It was beyond her, but she had no other choice. Once again, if she even wanted a chance to win against Shoto, Ruka will have to change into something that is fireproof. Once changed, Ruka asked Mela to put her hair up in a single french braid, thanking her best friend, the two headed out to the gym.

Walking over to get a good view of the stage below, Ruka greeted Shoto suddenly more aware of her exposed torso. It was still embarrassing to wear it and honestly that Mineta was asking for a burning. Good thing that grape head went first otherwise Ruka would have probably ko-ed him in place of Tenya. "Ah, thanks. You look good too Todoroki-kun!" She smiled up at him, hoping bits of flame weren't appearing on her head. Ruka looked over and of course, the victor was Tenya who looked rather proud for going first. Next up was EijiroFeeling ready and w and Denki, Ruka cheered for Denki and watched as the battle went on for quite some time before Denki came out the victor. Ruka giggled as she noted his silly looking face while next was Momo versus Yuga....needless to say, the poor boy had quite the stomach ache. Wanting to get this over with, Ruka raised her hand to go next, she glanced briefly over at Shoto, hoping he didn't mind going next.

As Ruka stood across from Shoto, she kept her hands to her sides, covering her torso though she knew that was no use. Dropping her hands, Ruka smiled over at Shoto as she told him, "let's have a good match Todoroki-kun." Lighting up her hands with her cursed flames, Ruka decided for Shoto, a more roundabout way of fighting would be necessary. Making sure to keep a good distance from him, Ruka planted her hand onto the ground, creating a wall of black flames around the two to lessen the range. She didn't need his large ice chunk to hit her all of a sudden. If she was this close to Shoto, then he'd have to refrain from using that as it may end up with him slightly frozen too. Heh. Smiling, Ruka ran in to close the distance as the two exchanged a few blows here and there. Black and orange flames lighting up the stage as the two exchanged hits. Blocking a fiery hit with her arm, Ruka grinned over at Shoto as she grabbed onto his arm and propelled herself upwards, delivering a dropkick to his shoulder. Kicking off of him, Ruka tried to create some distance when he grabbed hold of her leg. Eyes widening at the idea of being encased in ice once again, Ruka's leg lit aflame as she spun around. It was a good thing her legs were covered despite her wearing a skirt.

Ruka didn't even take notice of how her hair being pulled back may bring more attention to her upper half. Her corset was a tad tight today and she even had Mela help her tie it on...why a corset? Really, Ruka questions Yukito so much at times. Breathing hard as the two have been at it for quite some time, Ruka's chest fell up and down as she thought her corset was getting tighter. Was she tugging on something without knowing? Pushing aside such meaningless thoughts, Ruka focused on Shoto as she knew he would try to end this quickly. Meaning he'd be bringing out his ice soon...and if he does, well Ruka already had an idea of how to go against that. Smirking, Ruka's eyes shined as she looked over at Shoto, "shall we end this game already?" Smirking, Ruka ran towards Shoto as the two gave all their might in the next hit. Seeing the large chunk of ice heading her way, Ruka jumped up, her entire body burning with black flames as she made a hole in the ice as she heated herself up quite a bit. It was hot, even to her it was hot. Ruka bit her lip slightly at the slight burning sensation she felt as she flew through the ice.

That...took a lot of practice as much as she wouldn't like to admit. As she came flying through the ice, Ruka tore off her cropped jacket though honestly, it looked like she was pulling on her shirt since it looked to be of one piece...but it wasn't...right? Jumping straight onto Shoto, Ruka covered his hand with her jacket, knowing her clothes had protection against most damaging forces such as flames and probably a little bit of ice wouldn't be able to get through the jacket completely. Pushing down on Shoto, Ruka sat on top of him as she brought his hands down roughly. They were both running out of time after using so much of their quirk. Ruka smirked down at Shoto as she murmured out, "gotcha~" Yet the same words were sent right back at her just like during their time when training.

But that was exactly what Ruka was looking forward to. As her and Shoto were encased in ice, Ruka leaned in closer to him so as to lessen the space of ice around them. Noses nearly touching, Ruka stared into his mismatching pair of eyes as they were trapped in a world of ice, hidden from prying eyes. Soft puffs of white breath escaped her lips as it was getting really cold really fast. She smiled slightly as she brought a hand to his neck while murmuring out, "just say the word and I'll let you go." If he just gives in right now, she can win without really having to hurt him. Sitting back up slightly, Ruka smiled down at Shoto as she said, "if not, I'll just have to burn us both up and out of this ice." Her eyes squinted slightly in pain, why was it so hard to breathe? Trying to look behind her, Ruka finally noticed that the back ribbon of her corset was stuck on...hm? Eyes trailing to the ribbon, it went around her and up towards...Shoto's hands? Ruka finally took notice of the ribbon stuck on the jacket and her face turned red as she realized that her top was literally stuck to her jacket. Oh dear...

Looking down, Ruka noticed the buttons on her front to be near bursting and ahhh! Embarrassed and not wanting to lose a shirt in front of Shoto again, Ruka leaned forward, reaching towards the ribbon stuck on the jacket as she muttered under her breath, "s-stay still please Todoroki-kun!" She was getting cold, but she rather be stuck here with one witness than the entire class seeing her near topless. She didn't even think of her positioning as she simply leaned over Shoto to untie the ribbon. Finally untying it, Ruka fell on top of Shoto as she hid her face against his chest, trying to compose herself. That...was just embarrassing. Sitting back up, Ruka's entire face was red as she took back the jacket from his hands as she pulled it back on, though before she did, she glanced down at Shoto and timidly asked him, "um...can you uh help me tie it...? T-Todoroki-kun?" Her eyes widened at the sudden burst of flames and Ruka had to shield herself from the flames using her own flames. Needless to say, the burst of two flames in a small enclosure was more than enough to break the ice dome around them to puddles of water.

Once the flames died down, Ruka looked over at Shoto with wide eyes, "T-Todoroki-kun?" She called out to him before noting that this was her chance. Grabbing hold of his hand, Ruka shut her eyes as she flung him over her shoulder while shouting aloud, "I'm sorry!" Pinning him to the ground with a flame at his throat, Ruka was declared the winner as Aizawa stopped the fight. Ruka's eyes were wide as she stared down at Shoto, her cheeks were flushed as she helped him back up. Looking up into his eyes, Ruka spoke up, "u-um...g-good match!" before hurrying her way over to Mela. She whispered over to Mela to help her with her corset, dragging her friend off to the side, away from prying eyes. That was just embarrassing! How was that called a victory!? She felt like she just lost! Ruka internally lets out a wail as this time around, she was certain she can't face Shoto directly anymore! What did he even think of that, t-that wasn't a fight at all! Ruka hugged onto Mela until it was time for her friend to go. Ruka smiled up at her, finally more calm than earlier as she wished her best friend good luck. If Aizawa dared hurt Mela...Ruka will be sure to see to it personally that he dies a painful death.

Genkai Genkai

Last edited:
Perhaps at some point, she could explain to everyone that her and Ruka's outfits were far from what they had designed and it was the devious scheming of a certain someone that ensured they were both prancing around in such skimpy attire that was ill-suited for real combat. Mela had to put her nerves behind her. The outfit was cute, minus her legs feeling bare despite the tights. She stood by Aizawa-sensei as the matches began. She wasn't too focused on watching them though, she was busy trying to come up with a viable plan to get back at Aizawa for all of his taunting she had endured over the past few days. She needed to win, not just because of the incentive All Might provided but because she wanted to prove to Aizawa that she could keep up with him. And he'd be so so sorry for provoking her.

Denki managed to short circuit himself after battling so he was resting comfortably on the glass. Soon it was Ruka and Shoto's turn to show off what they had been really doing during training. Her eyes narrowed, more than ready to shot at the guy if he got too close or rough with Ruka. She glanced to Aizawa, hoping this wasn't some horrible repeat of Ruka and Bakugo's fight. She didn't want that happening again, she wouldn't let that happen again. There were a few moments when Mela leaned forward, ready to step in but she felt Aizawa hold onto her wrist to stop her. Though she didn't think that would really stop her if she really wanted to step in. When the battle was called in Ruka's favor, Mela ran up to her and helped her up, checking her friend.

"You're okay?" That had been a very interesting way to win but Mela felt second hand embarrassment for Ruka and knew her friend wasn't happy with that outcome, despite it being in her favor. "Stop trying to look you pervs!" She waved off the curious looks as Mela helped Ruka with her outfit, getting quite upset at a certain designer. This was insane. Mela made sure Ruka looked put together again before they joined the others, Mela sending glares to every guy who had tried to take a peek at her friend. She could tell Ruka just wanted to go somewhere and die but she hoped she'd wait until she was done with Aizawa. She had to wonder how Todoroki was faring after all that. Mela decided come Monday she'd need to really sit him down and this time she'd be armed for sure. As Deku and Bakugo began to fight, Mela couldn't help but blurt out, "Beat him and I'll take you out!" to Deku, hoping he would beat that bully Bakugo for her.

Sadly the fight ended in a draw to the annoyance to both boys. And Mela. They had mostly just yelled at each other landing similar blows, All Might's intervention unneeded. Now it was time for her and Aizawa's fight it seemed. Time to get pumped up! She sweatdropped at her own words from before? Oh...did she say that? She hoped she hadn't been just talking but could now back it up. She gave All Might a smile and a wink as she looked back to her homeroom teacher her bow resting in her left hand comfortably, ready to be used. Using her other to bring out one of her smokescreen bombs, she ran for him and threw it at him. He shook his head, using his scarf to throw it out of the ring, not intending to have it go off anywhere near him. He then looked to see Mela closing in. She was quick. But not quick enough. Aizawa lunged and grabbed her arm with his own, intending to throw her out before anything happened.

Mela dug her feet into the ground and used her other arm to hang onto his own arms that were attempting to throw her out. She held him in place as her own foot kicked his ankle, intending to get him off balance so she could be the one throwing him off the stage. Losing his balance, Aizawa stumbled to the side but managed to use his scarf to wrap around Mela's legs and pull her to the ground as he jumped back, moving away from the edge of the arena. As she felt back and Aizawa began to let his scarf go, Mela quickly readied her arrow and fired two off at the same time. Since his scarf was still loosely wrapped around her calves, she found it easy to pin his scarf down as it was an easy target before he summoned it back to him. Jumping back, she was now free and his scarf was now pinned but she didn't expect that to really stop Aizawa who ran forward, needing to close the gap as to not give her another chance to shoot.

His scarf was discarded as he decided he'd need to stick to hand to hand, knowing it was her weak area. Mela clenched her fists, aware she couldn't outrun him and keep trying to create enough room to shoot. He was fast enough to jump or dodge so she'd have to slow him down. In the blink of an eye, Aizawa had closed the gap and had grabbed her and pulled her forward to deliver a hard knee to her stomach. Coughing she then felt a fist come in contact with her jaw. Rather surprised, she fell off to the right but managed to do a quick flip to recover her footing and she rubbed her jaw. That really hurt. Aizawa didn't stop as he landed a few more kicks, knocking her back on the ground. He loomed over her and she feared he'd call this fight in his favor. No way! Mela grabbed another smokescreen bomb and threw it between them, deciding if he wasn't going to play nice, neither would she. As a thick fog covered the arena, she kicked her legs out and he stumbled on top of her.

She leaned up and let out a small playful meow in his ear before she pulled out one of her paralysis arrows and stabbed him in the arm. It wasn't anything like Denki's power but it would be enough to stun him and give him some mobility issues for a few minutes which was all she needed. A shock ran through his body as he gritted his teeth, Mela's legs and arms wrapping around him to flip him onto his back now. She let out a giggle before she flipped forward, their faces quite close as she jumped over his head as the smoke cleared. After another few front flips, she spun around and fired off one more arrow, it landing right beside his neck, signalling she had been able to subdue her enemy and could land a critical blow. She headed down to Ruka and the others, hoping none of them had seen what she had done to win.

The rest of the fights continued before it was noon and time to call it a day. Mela headed back with the girls as they talked about the fights. They were curious about Ruka and Mela's outcomes though, very surprised at such flirtatious displays or that's how it may have appeared. Mela gave Ruka a light hug when they had finished changing into their cute casual wear. She knew Shoto would probably play it cool but she was sure if it had been Denki, the boy would probably be in some kind of coma. "I'm sure he doesn't think less of you." She tried to offer some comfort to her best friend but at the same time, she hoped this incident would maybe out some kind of a rift between the two. She didn't like how close they were getting. Literally! It was disgusting and she hoped she'd face Todoroki herself and maybe make a few physical adjustments to him so he wouldn't think of doing anything with Ruka.

Stepping out into the sunlight, she knew the paralysis had to have worn off by now. Mela didn't feel bad for the way she won. If she had to win in less...ladylike ways, so be it. In her mind, Aizawa only had himself to blame for that outcome. In the back of her mind, she thought about Shoto and Ruka. Urgh. Why did all these boys have to bother Ruka? Ruka didn't need any silly teenage drama. She needed a real man in Mela's mind. Present Mic? Haaaa no. She laughed slightly, not even trying to entertain that strange thought as she headed over to where the two instructors were going over the results. While getting changed, Mela had slipped on her cat ears, mostly for fun and to rub her victory in Aizawa's face. "I hope when you graded me, you put down the words 'clever' and 'cute' haha." She teased them.

- - -

The fight against himself and Kirishima had been a tough one for Denki but he wasn't going to slack off or treat his friend any different than he would any other enemy. The two friends had made a tough effort but Denki used his quirk and managed to just overpower his friend, sending over a million volts. Thanks to Eijiro's quirk, it wasn't too bad since he could weather most of the shocks but enough got through to KO Eijiro. Denki needed some help carrying his friend off as Eijiro still had his hardening quirk activated. Deku and Tenya helped Denki as they set the boy aside while Denki also passed out beside him, his brain having had too much to handle once again. While the two friends rested for a bit, it was time for the fights to continue.

When Ruka wanted to go, Shoto had no complaints and allowed the battle to unfold. He did his best to keep up with her but it wasn't easy. She was on fire and he could tell there was something different about her. Was it the outfit of hers? He wasn't really sure but he ensured he kept his focus on her face and limbs and nothing else that was exposed. As they kept clashing, Shoto was impressed that she had been able to keep up with him. Perhaps they had trained too much as they were both getting skilled at reading the other. He had special clothes designed to withstand both hot and cold so it didn't make a difference to him how long they were battling within the elements. Of course he was still weak when it came to his own exposed flesh. Ruka was too though, so in a way he felt this was an even match.

Shoto hadn't even noticed his jacket had caught on her top and it was becoming undone until she fell on top of him. Shoto froze, not sure what to do or what was going on. His focus had been on reacting and keeping his thought as clean and refined as possible. He didn't want to embarass himself in front of the others because he let his own mind wander back to seeing Ruka's soulmate mark or snippets of her bare chest. He wasn't sure what to do as she fiddled with her clothes. Why did her clothes always seem to come undone or burn up around him?! He had no idea and he was tempted to just call off the fight so she could compose herself. His fighting spirit was now gone as he was trying to stay composed but with Ruka squirming on top of him, trying to fix herself. He did what he could to help, the battle long forgotten. It felt like the whole world had faded away.

His chest felt tight and his mind was clouded. Before he could register the battle was still in progress, he felt fire followed by him being thrown...somewhere. Oof! He squinted up as there was more fire, this time dangerous closed to his neck. He stared up at the sky and then over to Ruka, not even sure he knew what had happened or how he had ended up on his back with black flames pointed at his neck. Visibly dazed, he got up when the match was called. His expression darkened. It was over already? He felt like he hadn't gotten much to do anything at all. It had gone by so quick it seemed. He looked over to see Mela and Ruka fussing over Ruka's top. His face felt quite hot, almost like it was on fire. His heart was racing as he headed down to join the rest of 3-A, not happy for a variety of reasons. He lost. But on top of that, it appeared he had lost due to some wardrobe malfunction.

If he hadn't hesitated, he could have won and taken advantage of her top being attached to him. But he didn't. He was glad he didn't because it would mean everyone would have seen Ruka without a top. He heard a few teasing comments but they fell on deaf ears. He wasn't sure what had come over him. He saw that battle going different, very different. It felt like a bitter loss and he would rather another rematch, maybe one in which Ruka had on normal clothes that were both fire proof but also secured properly. No distractions. No, he couldn't handle any more distractions. Shoto watched as the rest of the fights took place but he wasn't paying attention to them. Had this loss put a wrench in his plans to ask Ruka out? He folded his arms, thinking about how he could approach Ruka, sure she was unhappy with her victory as he was with his loss. He didn't care if he lost to a girl, no, a fighter was a fighter regardless of gender, but he still felt the weight of what he had seen and what he wanted to do. Ask her out.

But would she say yes or would she just be focused on what had just happened? Could he wait until Monday? No. He didn't want to be turned down and he wasn't sure if waiting would give her time to provide a better answer, one that wasn't affected by what had just happened. Shoto was incredibly torn. He kept thinking back to her and him, so close, hearts beating, breaths ragged, so much heat between them. He caught himself and found himself grateful for the conclusion of the morning's rematches. He quickly went off to get showered and changed. He noticed Denki and Eijiro were finally back to normal, or normal enough, though they had missed Shoto and Kurotsuki's fight which Shoto was silently happy about. He didn't need Denki harping on about being a man and not taking advantage of such a scene.

Back into his clothes, Shoto spent some extra time combing through his white and red hair. He wasn't a fan of it, it looked so strange to him. He thought the white made him look a bit old where the red gave him some odd youthful look. It was quite a clash of appearances. He nervously gathered his things from his locket, feeling all the more uncertain after their fight, of sorts. He told himself that if he didn't ask her out now, he wouldn't ever get to it. A hero had to take risks and this was a big one. If she said no, he didn't think he could handle just being friends with her. It would be too much turmoil for him. He didn't want to lose that but he could also gain a girlfriend. Taking a deep breath, he headed out to see Ruka looking quite pretty. He walked over and reached out for her arm, "Could I speak to you for a moment alone?" He asked, Mela wasn't around so this was his chance.

Finding some space on the grass away from the others, he stood in front of her. This felt even more difficult than their fight an hour or so ago. He looked off for a moment, his heart seemed to tremble. He had never done this before so he told himself that he didn't have to be perfect, despite his own expectations. He had to believe Ruka felt their connection, even if she didn't know they were soulmates, she still had to feel some kind of pull or something. "I hope we can have another rematch at some point, I know it wasn't a satisfying erm conclusion." Oh nice word choice Shoto. He inhaled sharply, not wanting to talk about their match though, he needed to move past it or he would just use it as an excuse not to do anything. "But that's um not that I wished to discuss with you." He breathed out slowly. He could do this. She would say yes and this anxiety would break apart like an iceberg being melted by the eternal sun.

"I really enjoyed spending time with you this past week, Kurotsuki-chan," Shoto began to explain. "I always seem to feel happy whenever you're near and I hope you may feel the same way." He held back a cringe, not wanting to put her on the spot. He needed to focus on what he had to say and not get distracted. His eyes finally met her own as he smiled gently, hoping to relax a bit easier as he focused on her face, her eyes and those tempting lips. Ahh. Distractions. Beautiful distractions. "I was hoping I could take you out this afternoon." He had a few things planned and he was hoping to have several hours that could bleed into the night. He wanted their first date to be special and different from all their other outings. "On a date." He then specified, still looking at her, watching her reaction, holding his breath.

AiAi AiAi

Shota felt a tad annoyed during Bakugou and Midoriya's battle. To think Mela would say something like that...Shota glanced briefly over at Mela, silently wondering if there was something going on between her and Midoriya? It seemed like All Might had the same thoughts as Yagi looked over shocked at Mela, lips quivering as he was torn between cheering for the boys and scolding Midoriya Shounen for turning red. He would have jumped over and smacked the young boy, but he refrained from doing that. As Bakugou and Midoriya's battle ended in a draw, the two teachers turned their attention to the next, or well All Might did as Shota just headed down the platform and towards the stage. He smirked over at Mela, provoking her to start the match already. All Might watched from above with a nervous look in his eyes. He was confident that Uede Shoujo would be victorious, but he didn't like the smirk on Aizawa-kun's face.

As the match began, it was relatively normal until Shota's scarf had been taken away. Though that didn't matter as the scarf was just a means to make the battle more in his favor. He's fought without the scarf plenty of times and there were other times where the scarf was no match against certain opponents anyways. In those...Shota would go for whatever weakness he could find or just do close combat as he was quite strong in that area. He smirked as it was a plus for him since Mela was bad at close combat. Running in close, Shota began his counterattack. Though what happened next...even Shota couldn't really understand.

As the smokescreen covered the two's vision and thus engulfed the two of them in the smoke, Shota found himself crashing down onto the ground with Mela on top of him. He was about to kick her off when he felt her shift closer to his face and he froze as he heard a soft meow from her. Shota's eyes were wide as his throat was feeling quite dry all of a sudden. By the time he got back to his senses, Mela had won the fight with All Might declaring Mela the winner. Shota stood up, feeling quite dazed by it all and did she just numb him!? He could feel his motor functions not working as it normally would and so, in the end, All Might had to catch him and take him back up to rest. Shota stayed sitting against the wall as he let All Might watch the rest of the battles for him. He stayed cocooned in his sleeping bag until his body felt normal.

What had happened!? All Might had no clue as one moment he was flinching as Mela was getting beaten up by Aizawa-kun and then the next Aizawa-kun was on the ground, stumbling about as Uede Shoujo somehow made a comeback. What...happened!? That was the question on everyone's mind as he declared Mela the winner before going down to help Aizawa-kun up and off the stage. He noted the male to be looking quite dazed, though everyone else assumed it was whatever was on the tip of Mela's arrow, Yagi knew better than that. He watched Aizawa-kun out of the corner of his eye, not quite liking whatever happened. Smiling, Yagi congratulated Mela before focusing on the other matches. As the matches ended, Yagi was giving his input on the scoring of each student when Mela came bouncing over. Yagi smiled over at her as he gave her a thumbs up, "of course we did! Your outfit is always adorable Uede Shoujo!" He ignored the stare from Aizawa-kun, though he was quite surprised when Aizawa-kun just grabbed Mela and walked off. Yagi looked down at the papers in hand, letting out a slight sound, "a-ah that's not fair Aizawa-kun!" How could Aizawa just leave him with all the work!?

Shota was feeling normal and human after a good thirty minutes, much to his annoyance. Once the last tingling sensation left his body, Shota was with All Might, going over the scores when Mela came over. He looked over at her, feeling a twitch in his eye at her sly comment. This girl. He glared over at All Might who seemingly just fell into her trap and agreed with her. What was he saying about her costume now? Not liking this, Shota reached out and grabbed a hold of Mela's hand. Dragging her off, Shota left All Might with the paperwork, the blonde's words falling on deaf ears. As they reached a more secluded area behind the building, Shota turned to face her, putting her in between him and the wall. Staring down into her eyes, Shota soon smirked as he told her, "not bad, you're clever. That much I will tell you, but I suggest you don't go trying that stunt to others...and what have I told you about wearing those ears around other guys? Tch...you need to be taught a lesson huh..." He was wondering if he should just tell her that they are soulmates, but would she believe him? Either way, Shota has already deemed them together, they've been doing what normal couples do anyway so what makes any difference? Leaning down without warning, Shota captured Mela's lips with his. After a few moments, Shota pulled back, licking his lips as he smirked down at her, "would you believe me if I told you that we're soulmates?"

- - -

Ruka was beyond embarrassed. Everyone's words to her were not registering as she simply clung onto Mela, seeking comfort in her friend. She couldn't even face Shoto but at times she would glance towards his way, hoping he wasn't upset. But he looked upset and Ruka felt a sinking feeling in her heart. Was he mad at her? Well, she wouldn't blame him. Did he hate her now? Somehow...that thought alone made her chest to squeeze painfully and no, it wasn't the damn corsets fault. Speaking of her wardrobe malfunction...she's going to have a word with Yukito tonight for sure. Mela needed pants and Ruka needed a more loose top! She pouted slightly as she hugged onto Mela, not wanting her to go off and fight Aizawa, but she had to.

Ruka cheered for Mela and during the fight, she found herself inching closer to stand by Katsuki so as to ward off any other people who may want to try and speak to her. It seemed like Katsuki didn't care and if anything he smirked over at her as he congratulated her on her win. Now that was what the person who won against should be doing. Or something like that, Ruka blocked out his blabbing halfway through and simply threw a flaming finger in his face to shut him up. She needed to focus on Mela's fight. Her eyes narrowed as she watched Aizawa beat Mela up, punching and kicking her beautiful friend. Ruka was taking count of how many times Aizawa hurt Mela, making sure to pay him back twofold for every hit. She was angry at Aizawa for hurting Mela and definitely did not like how close he was getting at times. Though near the end, the smoke screen blocked off any view of the two, bringing back a sudden deja vu but with ice for Ruka. She bit her lower lip, wondering if something happened too. And it seemed like so for soon Mela won the fight much to everyone's surprise. Now, Ruka wasn't surprised and suspicious of Mela winning, it was more directed to how Aizawa reacted afterward. Her eyes narrowed in distaste but she went over to congratulate her friend for winning.

The rest of the matches went by smoothly and without much of a problem as all the troublesome and large fights have gone first. Ruka went to get changed along with Mela and the rest of the girls. She was more than ready to get out of these corsets. Happily wearing her dress, Ruka walked out and looked around, hoping she can apologize to Shoto. That was a bad match and she was certain he was not happy about it. As she was looking around for him, she saw Mela hop over to the teachers. She frowned slightly, deciding that both Aizawa and All Might will be needing some talk through Ruka first time. She'll find them during school next week she supposed. As she was so lost in thought, Ruka nearly jumped as someone grabbed hold of her arm. Turning around, Ruka was faced with Shoto, her heart beginning to beat really fast as she could only nod her head.

Walking a bit away from where everyone stood, Ruka stood underneath the shade of a tree next to Shoto as she turned to face him. She couldn't help but wonder what he wanted to ask her. As he mentioned the fight and a rematch, Ruka can only let out a small laugh, "a-ah...yeah, I would love a rematch as well..." but in normal clothes! Or something else that's flameproof! When he mentioned that wasn't it, Ruka tilted her head to the side, her mind whirling with various ideas...was he...going to tell her that he hated her!? Oh no, what should she do!? As she was beginning to overthink everything, Ruka blinked in confusion as that was not what he said at all. Huh? He was happy to be around her...? Well, she was too, but here she thought Shoto hated her and thought lowly of her because of her costume attire and well just everything that happened today. She stared up at him with wide eyes, her mouth opening up to form an 'o' shape as her face slowly turned red at the mention of him wanting to go on a date with her. A...DATE!?

Here she was thinking he hated her, but it was the opposite?! W-wait!? A date meant he...l-liked her!? Ruka could feel her face heating up even more as she looked down at the ground, biting her lower lip. U-uh what was she supposed to say!? B-but...glancing up at him shyly, Ruka realized that perhaps all those strange feelings she's been feeling was what it meant to like someone...? Perhaps going on this date would give her a more clear answer. She gave him a small smile as she finally spoke up, "I would love to!" Realizing her sudden outburst as she became panicked that she hasn't responded right away, Ruka explained to him, "a-ah it's just um well after what happened...I thought for sure you would hate me...and so I was just surprised, but um if you're alright with someone like me, then yes. I would love to go on a date with you." She smiled up at him finally as her nerves slowly ebbed away and a warm fluttering feeling was now coursing through her. She was happy and a bit flustered. Ruka reached a hand to her head, hoping it wasn't flaming due to her roller coaster of emotions whirling within her.

Genkai Genkai

Even though she may have prompted All Might's response, she was very happy to get some positive feedback from him. "Thank you--" She was cut off when Aizawa just grabbed her and pulled her away. Oh no! Was he upset? Surely he had to be. She wasn't going to apologize! She won, he lost. She glanced over her shoulder at All Might. If there was any time to have him step in and save her, it would be now please. Mela had no idea where he was dragging her off to but she had to worry he was going to give her another boring lecture or something. Mela didn't even have time to see what Shoto and Ruka were up to but she feared this was when Shoto would make his move. Noo she had to be there to stop him!

"Ummm A-Aizawa-sensei..." She started to say but she had no idea what she was supposed to say. He didn't look too thrilled with her at the moment. If anything, he looked oddly determined. That couldn't be good. What was she supposed to say or do in this situation? Now a ways away from the others, she felt herself being pulled behind the building, her back brushing against the wall. She glanced off. This was quite a weird place to lecture someone. Mela looked to him, all kinds of nerves running through her body, it almost felt like she was covered in static as she eyed him smirking at her. What...what did he want?

He said she had been clever but to not do what she had done to him, to anyone else. He then mentioned the cat ears sitting atop her head. What? They were cute and he was hardly the boss of her. Mela Uede answered to no man! Preparing to tell him she'd do whatever she wanted with whoever she wanted, she felt lips against her own. Wh-what kind of lesson was this?! Her eyes went wide as her heart seemed to stop for an extended period of time, only restarting when he had pulled back to smirk down at her, licking his lips like he himself was a satisfied cat. They were soulmates? No way. She parted her lips before her legs turned into wiggly tofu and she fell back against the wall, blinking up at him, feeling so very dazed and weak-kneed.

Sure she had kissed guys before but this was Aizawa! Her soulmate?! Oh gods. Of all the stubborn sexy pro heroes in the world it was him? She was still trying to put words together as she steadied herself, forcing her quirk to make sure she didn't topple over and crumple to the grass. "I...me--y-you?" Yes. That was the point she was trying to make. This was incredible if true or some twisted joke! With her mind unable to come up with a real response, she decided to just do what she had been wanting to do for a while. She reached up on her tip toes and pulled him down to her, kissing him, her trembling hands tangling in his hair before she broke apart. "Wh-who said you could make the first m-move anyway?" She glared lightly at him. All thoughts of Yagi or All Might had vanished at this point. "I expect you to take me out now, Aizawa-kun." She smirked, her grip on him loosening as she stood back down.

- - -

There was considerable silence between his statement, er declaration of wanting her to go with him on a date, and her response. She looked rather surprised and his heart ached. How surprised could she be? He thought they got along well and this was something that may make her happy. Maybe this was a mistake. Maybe she liked Kaminari or Bakugo? He didn't think his feelings were that misplaced though. And he liked to think she was feeling the same way. Before he could back out and save as much face as possible, a small smile came to her face. There was hope? She said she would go out with him which offered some relief for the boy as his muscles unclenched and he felt a lot more at peace. She wanted to go out with him. She didn't think he was too quiet or boring?

Her response was a bit odd, he didn't see why she would be so hard on herself all the time. He had asked her out and yet she was trying to pick reasons why it might not work out. A simple fight wasn't going to ruin anything between them. He would rather there be embarrassment than injuries for them to deal with. He reached out and placed a cooling hand against her warm face. "Please...don't ever say I'd hate you." He said firmly, hoping to drive this point home though his face was soften. He didn't want others assuming how he felt. He knew he could be a tough book to read but he could never hate Ruka. Not for anything in the world and especially not because of their rematch. He couldn't hate her. It was very much the opposite, if anything.

"I would be honored to take you out and I hope at some point, you'll be able to see yourself the way I do. You are an amazing person and you really need to embrace all the things that make you so amazing, please don't keep denying them or shying away from them. It...brings me a lot of pain to hear you speak so negatively about yourself." Shoto said, his hand moved up to take hold of the one she had on her own forehead. He truly believed she had a lot to be proud of and he wondered if there was some way to help her realize she had no reason to be so hard on herself or doubt her self-worth. Walking off toward downtown, Shoto gently led her down the stairs, stunned she had said yes. It was like a weight had been lifted from off of his shoulders. He didn't need to be so reserved around her if they were on a date. Hopefully it would be the first of many.

"I was thinking we'd get something to eat?" He looked to her, his hand still clasped with her own. He really didn't want to talk about school or the results of their rematch. He wanted to put all behind them so they could enjoy this time together as people, not just students of UA High School. The boy walked Ruka to a place he had found that supposedly had good Italian food. He pulled the chair out for Ruka and moved around to sit in front of her. "After this, I thought we could look around the shopping mall and then find a place for some tea and treats?" He was hoping when they were shopping that he could buy something for her if something caught her eye. His eyes scanned the menu but he already knew what he wanted having looked it over last night online. He shyly moved his hand over and placed it over hers, hoping that was okay. Shoto looked to her, smiling. "You look quite lovely." He said, eyeing her black loose bow. She was like an adorable present.

AiAi AiAi

What prompted him to just her like that was beyond him. All he knew was that she was driving him crazy and he snapped. He stared down at her, watching for a reaction. He blinked as she seemed quite dazed and then she just stuttered at his question. Hm? Did she believe him or not? Before Shots can question her again, Mela pulled him down slightly and kissed him again. He was surprised at her bold moves, but soon a smirk covered his lips as he kissed her back. So he'll take that as a yes? Regardless, for him she was already his. Heh. Hands dropping to her waist, Shota pulled her closer before pulling apart. He stared into her brown hues as he merely smirked at her, "well who else would start?" He can guess she would, but she wouldn't just kiss him like he did to her. Hearing her demand, Shota let out a sigh but tugging on her hand he led her back to the stairs and towards downtown. "Where to?" He asked her.

Seeing as she was too dazed, Shota decided to just take her to a traditional Japanese restaurant, he asked for one of the private rooms upstairs as he wasn't sure if discussing about well anything would be appropriate in a public area. As he took a seat on the tatami floor, Shota looked over at Mela as he asked her, "order anything you want...and did you know that we were soulmates?" It sounded silly for him to talk about soulmates after the answer he's given her, but he was curious of he topic. He met his soulmate so what now? He took a sip of the green tea as he eyed her calmly. He already knew his answer to the question regarding them, but what does she have to say. "We don't have to be together if you don't want to." Shota told her finally as he pushed back a few stray strands from her face. He wasn't about to force anything on her... despite how he felt.

- - -

Ruka stared up at Shoto with wide eyes as he reached out and touched her hand. His cooling touch instantly working wonders as her flushing face began to cool down. Closing her eyes, Ruka placed her hand over his as she smiled slightly, "mmm...okay I won't." It made her happy to hear that he didn't hate her even after all that she's done to him. She was certain any other person would have probably ran as far from her as possible if she ever did such things. But it confused her, how can someone be pained by someone else's actions...? Ruka wasn't sure why, but she didn't want to be the reason to cause pain to Shoto. She blushed a bit when he took her hand, but she made no complaints. Holding onto his hand, Ruka followed him down the stairs and towards town.

To think that Shoto thought of her like this...she never saw it coming. She looked up at Shoto as the two we're walking into town. Ruka nearly jumped as she hoped he didn't catch her staring at him. It was still quite hard to wrap around her head that he likes her like so. She was never used to such displays of affection aside from Mela or Yukito. Ruka nodded her head, "oh that sounds fun! I'm sure there's plenty to see and maybe we will stumble upon a new cafe hehe." As they took a seat, Ruka looked around at the decorations before peering into the menu. Some cream pasta sounded delicious...feeling his hand on top of her own, Ruka looked over at Shoto, cheeks turning red at his compliment. Tugging on a stray strand of her hair, Ruka gave him a small smile as she murmured out, "ah, thanks....you look handsome as always!" She blinked a few times as she was saved by the waiter. Once they ordered, Ruka turned to Shoto, a questioning gaze in her eyes, "um Todoroki-kun...w-why me...?" She wanted to know what he liked about her and why. Because she couldn't see it for herself.

Genkai Genkai

Of course she assumed she'd be the one making the first move. Though she had been dropping some pretty obvious signals in her mind. Still, his kiss and bit of news had been quite the shocker. She still had her doubts but she didn't see Aizawa going to such lengths to mess with her, he may be a bit sadistic but he was also pretty lazy too hehe. Taking his hand, she followed him along, trying to piece together the fact they were soulmates? Really? Who would have guessed? She didn't have an answer to his question but thankfully he had an idea of his own and she was just fine with it. Once seated upstairs and away from the curious, Mela sat down and stared at Aizawa next to her. It was quite strange, she could have sworn a minute ago they were still at school and now they were alone.

Slowly shaking her head, she kept her eyes on him. "No...I didn't." She had thought about how wonderful it would be to have him or someone like All Might as a soulmate but she didn't think it would actually happen. She blushed when he brushed some hair out her face, saying she didn't have to be with him if she didn't want to. Mela had dreamed of finding her soulmate for so long and yet here he was in front of her, of all people it was Shota Aizawa? She was still having a hard time wrapping her head around it. It was like when you wanted something for so long and when you finally got it, you weren't sure if it was real or not.

"I mean soulmate mark aside here...you can't deny there's...something between us." She said. She didn't want him to think it was because of the soulmate thing that she wanted to see where things could lead. Hopefully she wasn't too far off in her observations there but she didn't think so. If Aizawa didn't have some organic feelings, he wouldn't have just kissed her because they were soulmates. "I'm just surprised because you didn't seem to indicate you cared much for soulmates or er saw yourself having time to even entertain a girlfriend." She pointed out. Had he changed his mind? "I just don't want you to feel obligated either." She explained, glancing down. "But if we're both interested in each other, I don't see the point in trying to come up with excuses." She glanced up, smiling lightly.

- - -

Shoto wasn't too interested in another cafe but if it would make Ruka happy, he would be happy to indulge her. It likely depended on whether or not they had something strawberry for Ruka though. Shoto knew he would be getting the gnocchi with pesto. He looked to see some bread placed between them to tide them over while their waited for their order to be prepared. When Ruka asked why her, he held back another frown, not because he was annoyed but because she didn't see. Why couldn't she? There were many admirable traits. Surely Uede told her countless reasons why Ruka was amazing but he had to consider Ruka hadn't had the attention of an actual boy her age before. Well, he was in the same position as her, he hadn't honed in on anyone else before either.

He smiled gently, allowing his thumb to brush against the top of her hand as he thought about how to best describe what it was he saw in her. It was a combination of things after all. "Why not you?" He asked her before continuing to answer that for himself, "You're a strong person and I admire that, you're incredibly loyal to your friends and you work hard to better yourself." He didn't like complacent people and pretty much most of the girls save for perhaps Momo weren't driven. Shoto admired women who were captains of their own destiny. "You're not just smart but you're incredibly beautiful."

"I get along so well with you and well to be honest...I spend a lot of time thinking about you." It was a bit hard for him to admit that. "I don't think I could be so open with anyone else as I am with you." He said. Their server then returned and set down their plates of food. Letting go of her hand so they could eat, he picked up one of his potato dumplings and dipped it in some of the emerald sauce before he held it out to Ruka, wondering if she wanted the first bite. "Would you like some?" Shoto asked her. He hoped he had been able to provide some clarity but to him it was an obvious choice but then again he also knew they were soulmates so it felt even more right to him. He hated not telling her but he had to know if she felt the same way without any possible bias. "How...do you feel about me?" He nervously asked her.

AiAi AiAi

Hm, so she was acting as she would have normally? Or was she acting the way she did only towards him? He frowned at the idea of Mela prancing about with cat eats on, teasing anyone that crossed her path. No, that didn't seem like something she would do. Hm, then perhaps she did just do those things only to get to him? To think that she would be interested in older men, but then against there was the popular trend of younger girls going for older men. Though some girls preferred the same age range he supposed. Over all he supposed everyone has their own preference to these things. Shota never really thought about this and so he never really thought about his own preference. Glancing over at Mela, Shota hid a smirk as he supposed younger wasn't bad.

As their food arrived, Shota listened to Mela, trying to gauge her feelings about all this. Hm so she doesn't mind? A chemistry between the two of them? Well, he won't deny that she would be the first student of his to catch his attention like so. Shota smirked down at her as he answered her question honestly, "to be honest I never really thought about soulmates and I never expected to meet mine...so my feelings and being soulmates are separate things...I guess being soulmates is just a plus." He didn't think that being soulmates would make much of a difference, but perhaps there was a reason they were soulmates? Why else would this whole phenomenon exist otherwise? "I guess then that means...." That means what? Pausing, Shota wasn't sure how to phrase it though he added with a small smile as he placed a hand on top of her smaller pair, "you're mine now, Uede Mela."

- - -

She didn't understand. Why would anyone like someone like her? Then again Ruka never really dealt with romance personally aside from a persistent Yukito and that was entirely different. She blinked a few times at his words. Why not her? Well, she could probably list out a few reasons as to why not her. She had a cursed quirk, she had pink hair and then there was her complicating family background. But as Shoto continued to list out reasons why, Ruka could feel her face heating up as she sort of regret asking the question. She didn't think it'll be this embarrassing! She wanted to hide somewhere as his words were too flattering and kind. Though she won't deny the happy and warm feeling fluttering in her chest. Thankfully the meal arrived and saved her from self combusting.

She smiled at the meal, eyes shining in excitement to try it when he offered her a bite. Ruka stared at the green pasta before leaning over, opening her mouth and taking a bite, "mmm!" Ruka's eyes shined as she chewed the pasta. Oh that was good! She shyly offered him a bite of her pasta in return. Dipping some bread into the cream sauce, Ruka glanced up at Shoto at his question. How does she feel about him...? Her face began to turn red once again as she looked off to the side before facing him, "I really admire you and I think you're very cool....but..." Pausing Ruka smiled as she added, "you have your silly sides and I think you're very kind...very understanding and patient hehe. And I guess I find myself just talking to you about almost anything and I feel comfortable around you yet at the same time my heart does these weird flips and I get nervous of how you see me...and um at times I'm worried I might combust ehe...I uh tend to burn up when I'm flustered or really happy." Ruka looked off to the side, feeling really embarrassed and shy now. "S-so! Was there anything you wanted to buy at the shopping mall?"

Genkai Genkai

From the sounds of it, Aizawa was trying to tread lightly. Neither of them expected to find the other. Well, Mela always hoped but it was different to have an actual answer that so many people probably thought about in the late hours of the night. Surely most left the earth not knowing who they may have meant to meet and spend forever with. And yet she was face to face with hers. She already had an attraction to him, it seemed almost to good to be true. She ate some of the hiya shiru in front of her as Aizawa began to figure out what they were exactly. Mela glanced down to his hand atop hers before she looked back to him to enjoy his faint smile. Now that she could get used to seeing. When he called her 'his,' she blushed even more, thankful she hadn't been eating or she would have choked surely. His? She could certainly get used to that as well.

So he really wanted her to be his? Now she had to worry if she was dreaming or if she was in some coma after their fight. It was so funny to think of them training and now enjoying a quiet meal together...as soulmates. "Really now?" She smiled at him. Now this she couldn't keep this from Ruka. She was sure it wouldn't make her happy but Mela had to tell someone who knew how big of a deal this was for her. And somehow she couldn't picture her telling her parents. No no, too soon for that. "I do like the sound of that." Mela had to admit, slipping her hand upwards to lace their fingers together as they ate. In the back of her mind, it felt like she was forgetting something or someone. She didn't dwell on it as she scooted a bit closer to Aizawa, not just so she could snag a piece of tempura fried carrot, which she did, but because she wanted to.

It felt quite nice, just sitting and eating with Aizawa, though she had to attribute that to the fact they were soulmates and going to give it a go. Mela was pretty hopeful. She had to hope Aizawa was as well. After some more grazing, they were soon satisfied. Mela got up and held out her hands to help Aizawa up as well even though he probably didn't need it, she wanted to. Smiling up at him, she knew it would take some adjustment for them to get truly comfortable around one another. And while Aizawa may be a bit concerned about the outward age difference, Mela found it quite amusing and would likely poke fun at it when they were more comfortable as a...couple? "So we are dating?" She needed some confirmation there. Suddenly her phone buzzed. It was a notification from the UA Facebook group.

Midoriya and Kirishima were suggesting everyone go to the beach? Mela clicked yes on the invitation and put her phone away. Maybe Aizawa would like to attend? She doubted he would even think about going but maybe he'd go if she was? She got an image of her burying in the sand but he'd probably just use the chance to sleep or something. "Tomorrow there's going to be some beach outing. You should come with me." She said to him as they headed downstairs once Aizawa had paid for them. "I'd really like you to." She smiled up at him, her cat ears had been taken off before lunch, not wanting to seem rude to the restaurant staff. She thought she saw the mention of barbeque and building sandcastles She was sure she'd get an earful from Uraraka-san if she skipped out on another gathering though she didn't want him to feel obligated to go if he really didn't like the idea.

- - -

He was surprised by her taking the food in her mouth, him in turn having fed her. His face lit up slightly as he looked off, not sure why he suddenly felt a bit nervous. She did look like she enjoyed it so that was a good sign. Before he could have a taste of his own, Ruka offered some of hers in return. He looked from the fork and to her before he leaned forward and took the offering in his mouth the same way she had. His blush only increased. Ahh were they feeding each other? He tried to think back as to what he had read regarding that. That was good right? Or too much? He really wasn't sure but he tried to relax and not get too caught up in his own head. As he ate his pasta, enjoying the nuttiness of the pesto and the light airy gnocchi, he wondered if she had anything positive to say about himself.

After a moment of avoiding him, she looked back and began to explain what was on her mind. He really didn't see himself as cool, if anything he knew he was rather cold and standoffish, often happier to stay in his head than engage in much idle chit chat. And his quirk, his quirk was rather cold but not cool in the erm slang term. No no. But he wasn't going to argue with her on that as she moved on and mentioned how he had a silly side. Did he? He almost cracked a smile but stopped himself, not wanting to interrupt Ruka, interested in hearing more. Not from an egotistical stand point, no, but he was genuinely curious how someone like her could enjoy him and want to go on a date. Surely she connected more with Kaminari? But he didn't dare bring up that moron right now, happy to just focus on the girl in front of him.

When she finished, he finally smiled, thankful for her honesty. He reached out for her hand, squeezing it lightly. "Did I also mention how considerate you are?" He then went back to eating when she asked if he needed anything. "Oh...well no I was just going to look around and window shop." He didn't think he should just say he was hoping to buy her something. He wanted it to be a surprise but then again it was possible she may not want anything, which was also fine. He had thought about getting her some kind of cherry blossom hair clip but he wasn't sure how she liked to wear her hair. Women were very mystifying to him and he was worried he'd just pick the wrong thing, which was why he'd hope to be sneaky, or smooth rather, and treat her to something when they were shopping around.

When they were done, Shoto paid and headed out with Ruka, taking her hand once again as they headed for the shopping area. He still was amazed that this was unfolding so well. Maybe he had nothing to worry about? No no, he couldn't lose focus. He was hoping to make this one of the most enjoyable days for Ruka since she moved here. They began to wander through the selection of stores. "Just let me know if anything catches your eye." He told her casually. "I'd love to learn more about your tastes." He smiled. That wasn't a lie. As they wandered through a small store that sold a mix of everything cute, Shoto kept his eye on Ruka, letting go of her so she could wander freely while he trailed behind her, trying to pick up on some hints. He felt so utterly clueless when it came to women so he was also taking this as a new learning experience. "What do you think?" He picked up a strawberry keychain, looking to her curiously.

AiAi AiAi

Taking a bite of his tempura with some rice, Shota glanced over at their interwoven hands. Hm...maybe he can get used to this. Shota smirked lightly as Mela admitted to liking it, well good. Because either way, she will have to get used to it one way or another. He was determined to call her his and have already decided on that. He's pretty stubborn and so he won't be changing his mind anytime soon. Seeing her snag a piece of his tempura, Shota shook his head lightly before taking a bit of her food as well. He was already used to this and they barely just started dating heh. Though he supposed they have been in the dating phase for some time now if he actually thinks about it? Just not official until now? Eh, he won't think too deeply into it, it was probably better to just enjoy it as it goes.

As he was sipping on his tea, Shota heard Mela confirming once again that they were indeed dating. He lifted a brow as he glanced over at her. Did he need to spell it out to her or something? Wasn't it obvious by now? Though he can't blame her for doubting since he didn't even try showing her proof that they are indeed soulmates and his comment about soulmates and love in general from before was a bit harsh. It's strange even to himself for him to show such a completely different view on this whole soulmates thing. Well, he can blame Mela for changing his mind, that much was certain. Placing his cup down, Shota turned and leaned towards Mela, their foreheads lightly brushing against each other as he stared into her eyes. He glanced down at her lips before pinching her nose while leaning back. Smirking lightly, Shota told her, "relax Mela, I told you that you're mine so if it makes you feel any better then yes...we are dating."

Girls are so strange. Shota can never truly understand females and honestly, he wasn't sure that he wanted to. Lighting rubbing over Mela's hand as he ate, he noticed her looking at her phone. Hm? His curious stare must have been obvious as she explained that there was some sort of beach outing tomorrow. Eh, the beach? Shota shrank back at the sound of that...but at the same time, he couldn't just let Mela go out among those rabid hormonal teenagers that he called his students. In a bikini on top of that. He imagined that Mela would probably look quite good in a bikini with some cat ears and possibly a cat tail too...? Wait, no. Hold it. Bad Shota. Shaking his head slightly, Shota let out a sigh before agreeing to go, "okay, I'll go." Like hell, he'd let Mineta and some other hated guys get near his Mela.

Leaning back, Shota tugged on her hand, pulling her closer to his side as he leaned and rested his head against her own. "Did you want to go somewhere else after this?" He wasn't the biggest fan of shopping, but if she wanted to go walk around, he won't complain. He tried to not imagine her in a swimsuit as he wondered what style would she wear. "Ah...I need new swim trunks..." Shota mumbled out in realization. It's been way too long since he's been to a beach and so he can't even remember where he placed his swim trunks...did he even have one, to begin with?

- - -

Ruka's face heated up when Shoto took the food directly off of her fork, ah well she did the same to him so it was only fair? Though now Ruka felt like they were a real couple and she was turning really red at the thought of that. Were they now a couple, like boyfriend and girlfriend...? Or was this different? Ah, she needs Mela right about now so that her friend can guide Ruka through all of this. Taking a bite of her pasta, Ruka nodded her head, window shopping did sound like a good idea. Perhaps she will be able to find some cute things? Ah, it'll be cute if they can get matching keychains or something...Ruka's eyes widened slightly at her train of thoughts. Taking a sip of her water to calm herself down. Whoa, slow down Ruka! She can literally feel her face burning. This is going to take a lot to get used to she supposed.

"E-eh, me considerate? No, I'm not at all! I feel like you're always looking out for me and that you're much more considerate than me Todoroki-kun..." argh, get a hold of yourself Ruka! Stop acting so damn shy already! Ruka's mind was still whirling with the idea of them being on a date, the whole idea of Shoto liking her was still just so surreal. Was this really real!? Perhaps she just knocked out after being in the ice for too long...? Yes, that must be it, but argh she wasn't stupid, she was just hopeful! Ruka took another bite of her pasta as she willed her nerves to just go away. She was nearly threatening to use her own quirk to melt her nerves away...in a hypothetical sense of course. She wished she could literally burn it away...ahem.

As the two finished eating, Ruka followed Shoto out and towards the shopping center. She eyed their connected hands before smiling slightly. She squeezed his hand lightly as they began to look around. There were many small shops with various trinkets showing from the display windows. Ruka smiled as she began to lose her nervous state and was now going back to her usual self. Glancing over at Shoto, Ruka nodded her head as she answered him, "okay! Ah, but if there's anything you wish to look at, please let me know as well." She turned back around as she let her eyes wander around at the various stores, happily holding onto his hand. Ehe.

As they were looking in a small store, Ruka was eyeing a strawberry keychain, wondering if Shoto would like to match with her with these...? Ah, but surely he wouldn't want to have something small and cute like this. At hearing Shoto's suggestion, Ruka looked over to see him holding the same exact strawberry keychain in his hand. Lifting up the identical one in her own, Ruka let out a small giggle as she said, "guess great minds think alike?...um say Todoroki-kun...did you want to um..." she looked off to the side before looking up into his eyes, "um would you like to get matching keychains with me...? A-ah! You don't have to of course! I...I just thought it'd be nice to have something to remember today with..." She smiled down at the keychain fondly before turning her attention to her phone as it began to buzz. Hm? She checked her phone to see that it was from the FB group thing that she joined as Denki told her about it. "Oh? A beach outing...? That sounds fun, hey Todoroki-kun, did you want to go to a beach outing with everyone tomorrow?" Ruka lifted up her phone to show him the screen. She smiled, the beach definitely sounded nice...and some strawberry shaved ice too!

Genkai Genkai

Leaning against Aizawa, she still felt a bit nervous, though a good kind of nervous. She thought back to how sick he was and how they had done something quite similar. It felt different now that he wasn't under the stress of being sick. She was happy to know he wanted to keep her close, whether he was sick or healthy. She blushed as she thought about swimsuits. She may not have packed hers in the move. She glanced to Aizawa, getting a great idea. "Oooh we should look for some new suits huh? Don't worry, they don't have to match." She teased him. Yes, she had to make sure they looked really good tomorrow. She considered that Aizawa would look good in something plain, maybe just black swim shorts.

Once she got an idea in her head, there was no use trying to get it out. They soon headed off to a small shop a few blocks away, Mela mostly dragging Aizawa along. In her mind, she was hoping to get a guy's opinion on the matter but at the same time, she wast secretly hoping she may get to see him try something on. Once inside the store, the manager gave them a look, perhaps not sure if they were father and daughter or something else. Mela grabbed one that stood out to her before she hurried off to the changing room. "Pick something out while I get changed." Mela insisted. "And don't just leave me because I'm not keeping an eye on you!" She added, figuring he still might try and sneak away.

After a few minutes, Mela stuck her head out, the store wasn't too big so she spotted Aizawa lurking close by. He looked uncomfortable. She grinned and stepped out in a honey and milk chocolate colored suit. The bottom had tons of cute fluffy ruffles and the top similar smaller ruffles along with a cute yellow bow in the middle. She thought looked cute, kind of like a sunflower. "Too cute? Or juuust right~?" She asked him, giving a small spin. The suit didn't leave a whole lot to the imagination. She wasn't too bashful about showing off her body though. Yukito's costume was a whole other issue though. That was different, this was a suit, it was meant to be revealing! The store clerk was watching them carefully, still trying to figure them out. Mela stopped spinning and placed her hands on her hips, wanting to know if she looked good or if she should keep looking.

- - -

It wasn't a surprise she had picked up the same thing elsewhere. He smile and looked down at the keychain once more. Matching keychains? He felt something in his stomach, like another flutter. He was sure that was something couples did, get matching charms or keychains or necklaces. Before he could answer, Ruka brought up the idea of going someplace warm and sunny tomorrow. He stared at the bright phone, a bit confused for a moment. But he quickly agreed to go too. "Sure, it could be fun to relax after such a long week." He said. He supposed he could visit his mother afterwards. He didn't think he should bring Ruka this time but soon he hoped they could finally meet.

"I would love to have a matching keychain." He said after she put her phone away. "Although I do not need a reminder of this day I would like to have something that only you and I share." He considered aloud, not thinking it may sound a touch too sappy. He walked over with both and paid for them, quite glad to have found something she liked but also something he could have too. He turned around and took her hand gently, placing the new item in it, closing it gently. In the back of his mind, he wondered if Ruka knew this was the kind of thing couples did together but he didn't want to alarm her with the question since she seemed a bit nervous. Maybe some more shopping was needed to ease her mind?

"We should go see what suits are around here." He said after some thought. Taking hold of her hand once more, they exited the shop and headed down to an appeal store which seemed to have a good selection. Shoto stalled at the entrance. He suddenly realized that he had no idea what to do. He didn't do much shopping, he ordered things online for the most part. Since he suggested this, he felt a bit silly and rubbed his neck with his free hand, looking to Ruka feeling helpless. "Would you be okay with picking something out for me?" He asked her. "I trust your opinion on these matters." He smiled to her, his face a bit red as it dawned on him that if she picked something out for him, he might be tasked to do the same for her. His heart began to quicken as walked around with Ruka, a few suits catching his eye as he began to imagine what she'd look like in them. "I-I can also help you...i-if you want."

AiAi AiAi

Shota held back a groan as he realized where this was going. He saw the look of excitement shining in Mela's eyes and he can only guess it had something to do with shopping and swimsuits...and he was right. Shota held back a sigh as he gave Mela a look at the mention of matching. He could imagine her to like really frilly or cute ones...or maybe brightly colored ones? Yeah, matching would not be a good idea. He probably can't pull off any bright colors anyway. "Fine...we'll head out to a few stores then." Well, guess there was one thing to look forward to and it was just seeing Mela trying on the swimsuits. Heh.

After paying for the meal, the two headed off towards a shop not too far from where they were. Entering the shop hand and hand, Shota gave the store clerk a blank look before walking off to look for some swim trunks. Probably something simple and plain would work for him. Shota glanced over to see Mela already having chosen something as she ran off to get changed into it. Shota shook his head at the mention of running off, that was tempting, but seeing Mela in a swimsuit? That was probably more tempting. As he pulled out a simple looking swim trunk, Shota turned around at the sound of Mela's voice. He looked over and let his eyes slowly trail over her figure. He blinked once then twice before smirking lightly as he walked over to where she spun around, showing herself off.

Standing right in front of her, Shota looked down at her before turning around to glance briefly over at the store clerk, "it looks good to me...hmph you little minx, are you tempting me?" Turning back around to face Mela, Shota leaned down to whisper those words into her ear before spinning her around and pushing her gently towards the changing room. He let his hands linger on her bare shoulders as he let it trail down to her arms. He smirked lightly as he quite enjoyed teasing her. Plus, if she teases him this much, he should be allowed to do that much of a teasing himself, right? He looked over at the store clerk, lifting a brow as if silently challenging them. He turned to Mela once she exited the changing room, holding up the trunks he just picked out, "I think this should be fine by me...honestly I don't really care what I wear--except that a plain colored one is probably for the best." He changed his choice of words at the last second, realizing that if he said he doesn't care, then he was certain Mela will gladly pick something for him that was colorful or something.

- - -

She hoped that he will agree to go to the beach tomorrow. Ruka wanted to enjoy some more time with Shoto, but at the same time, she hoped he can just take a breather from home and relax away from home. Smiling as he agreed, Ruka placed her phone away though this time her attention went to Shoto as he agreed to the matching keychains. R-really? Ruka's face turned slightly red at his next set of words as she can only watch Shoto walk off to pay for the two keychains. W-what did he mean by that? Her heart was beating fast in her chest as she felt warm all over again. Could she really get used to this? Argh, get a hold of yourself already Ruka! She blinked down at her hand as Shoto placed the keychain in it. She smiled down at it, holding it close to her chest as she looked up at him, "thank you Todoroki-kun, I'll treasure it hehe."

Placing the keychain away, Ruka couldn't help but wonder exactly what going on a date entails. Does that mean they are interested in each other? That this was an open confession from both ends...? Or was it just a more tad special type of outing? Or does that mean they are...c-couples!? At the last thought, Ruka could feel her cheeks burn as her mind began to whirl. Snapping out of her panicked thoughts, Ruka agreed to the idea of shopping for some swimsuits. As they headed into another store, Ruka tried to recall where she placed her swimsuit..ah, wait. That was the school's swimsuit. Ruka sweatdropped as she realized she hasn't really gone to buy a swimsuit for herself in a long time. She had other people in her life that loved to just doll her up, specifically Mela and Yukito.

Ruka blinked over at Shoto's words, giggling slightly behind her hand. He was so cute sometimes. Her eyes widened at the idea of him picking something out for her, but...maybe it won't be a bad idea? Smiling up at Shoto, Ruka tugged on his hand, leading him further inside the store as she told him, "how about, I'll pick out something for you and you can pick something out for me? Deal?" She then let his hand go as she headed off to go and find him some swim trunks. She passed by the speedos and her eyes widened as she hurried past that area. Nope, he was not going to be wearing those. Though ironically she can imagine people like Tenya or Eijiro wearing those. She stifled a laugh as her eyes caught sight of a navy blue swim trunk with one corner have a dash of white. She blinked a few times before tugging on it, deeming it to look good on Shoto. Holding it in her arms, Ruka went to look for Shoto. Smiling, she handed it to him as she said, "I think these would look good on you, ah, of course, you don't have to if you don't like it..." she couldn't help but be curious of what he chose for her.

Genkai Genkai

Was she teasing him...? Did he have to ask that? How more obvious could she be? She flashed him an innocent look before she was ushered off to change. When he touched her shoulders and arms, she had a strong desire to grab him and pull him into the changing room with her but she suspected he might put up a fight if she did that. So she just got changed, deciding this would have to suffice. She assumed by the look on his face, that he approved. She smirked to herself as she wiggled into her shorts and decided she'd need to get Aizawa's number. They were going out so she had to have it. How else could she sent him cute emojis at 3 AM? Somehow she got the feeling she'd be asking for it, not getting it voluntarily.

Walking back out, she looked to the choice he had made: black trunks. Very simple. And he did look good in black. She grabbed a dark green pair, they were almost black but clearly not, perhaps if you were a girl. She thought he might look good in a deep green. But it was up to him, she knew nothing flashy would really suit him. "Go try these on." She insisted, waving a hand at him as he vanished behind the curtain. As she waited, she wandered around, picking out some nice sunglasses for tomorrow as well. She paid for what she had and went back to see what Aizawa had selected.

He was a guy so he didn't need to take nearly as long as she did. Part of her wondered if she should just go in and help him. But of course she didn't. Mela glanced out the window, wondering if Ruka was really out with Shoto. She was troubled by that boy. He was so quiet, so reserved and unsuspecting. Which of course meant he was up to something. You always had to be careful of the quiet guys like Todoroki. Thinking about tomorrow, she wondered who else would attend. Surely not Bakugo but he could turn up. Maybe? Mela spun some of her hair around her finger as she waited for Aizawa, hoping he was at least going to let her see the suit. Her heart would be crushed if she didn't get to see him try something on as well.

- - -

Pulling into the store a bit more, Shoto tried to tell himself that this was nothing to be afraid of. He could acclimate himself to shopping...with a girl right? Thankfully she didn't seem too put off by them picking something out for the other. Of course he wasn't sure where to begin in regards to picking something out for himself, much less someone of the opposite sex. When she left, he almost called out to her. No, don't leave me alone! He didn't want them to go their separate ways. He only assumed they would stick together and he could have some help picking her something nice. But he supposed he'd only be bothering her if he kept asking about sizes and color and style. He gulped. What did he get himself into?

After staring at so many choices, he panicked and got one that his eyes had kept drifting back to. He jumped when Ruka found him. He hid his selection behind his back, not sure why. "Ah no no...that's a very good choice, Kurotsuki-chan." He said. He had no idea what he was doing and as he said, he would be grateful for any pointer on what looked good. He took it from her and was about to go change when he handed her a pink bikini set in two hues, it even had bows. He was worried it might be too much for her. "I wasn't sure but i er...this looks cute?" He said weakly before he fled to get changed.

Once in the changing room, he sighed, placing a hand on his heart, feeling it beating erratically. He quickly took off his jeans and shirt before sipping into the trunks Ruka had picked out for him. Looking at himself in the mirror, he touched a hand to his scalded scar across his face. He closed his eyes, calmed down as he headed out to see if she approved or not. He gave her a more relaxed smile. "Do I look okay?" He asked her. Oddly enough having been around her without a shirt before, he wasn't as nervous as he thought he'd be but then he remembered Ruka may try her suit on and he wasn't sure if he could handle that but he was willing to try. "I think I'll get it." He said to her, very glad to have gotten her assistance. Maybe he should take her shopping again?

AiAi AiAi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back