• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom We Fight to Forge a {connection} | A MHA RP

Toshinori smiled lightly, a candy store? That definitely sounded like a place she would like to go. How cute. Nodding along with her, he didn't mind going to the places she wanted to go. Just seeing her smile like this was more than enough of a reason for him to want to go out with her to those places. "Your shrine? Oh, I would definitely want to see that." The Uede family takes care of the most important shrine around, of course seeing that first hand was a must for many reasons. One of the main being that he wanted to see the places Mela grew up in. Was it wrong for him to want to learn more about Mela? Surely, that wasn't a crime? He knew his feelings couldn't be stopped so just a little bit of indulging in her like this...wasn't a bad thing...right? When she answered his question, Toshinori frowned slightly. It made sense what she said, but for them to be expected to have suitors? Wouldn't her parents want her to be happy and let her choose her own partner in life? Somehow, Toshinori felt that was very unfair for her parents to try and push a person onto Mela, but wealthy families always did have their own standard in life.

Before Toshinori can ask her any further about this whole suitor topic, a rather grating voice interrupted their dance. Toshinori looked over to see an older male waltzing over and pushing him aside. W-What? Toshinori's eyes went wide as the man completely ignored him and continued to speak to Mela. When he placed a hand on Mela's face while saying such inappropriate things to Mela, Toshinori frowned deeply. Who was this guy? Was this a suitor that Mela was talking about? But why would her parents set her up with someone like this? With each word spoken from the man, the more Toshinori's frown deepened. Something inside of him snapped when the guy said those last few words. Walking forward, Toshinori placed a hand calmly on the guy's wrist as he looked straight into his eyes, "would you be kind enough to release her? My date seems quite uncomfortable with your presence." His voice remained calm, but the grip on the vile man's wrist said otherwise. He may not be in his muscle form, but Toshinori still had quite the exceptional strength.

- - -

As much as she would love to burn this guy to a crisp, Ruka didn't want to go causing any trouble at Mela's party. Glaring up at Ryohei, Ruka looked over at Denki in surprise. She blinked widely over at him, a soft smile settling on her lips as she was touched by him standing up for her. "Denki-kun..." she murmured out softly though of course Ryohei just had to ruin the moment by laughing obnoxiously. Ignoring the grip on his shoulder, Ryohei shrugged Denki off as he pulled Ruka closer to his side. Smirking down at Denki, the taller blonde spoke up, "her boyfriend? And who might that be? That guy from last time? Oh, but he's not even here?" Chuckling, Ryohei glanced down at Ruka as he tilted her face up by her chin, "now, be a good girl and come with me." Ruka glared darkly up at him, "oh? That's quite the sexy gaze you got there babe, be patient. Heh." Gritting her teeth, Ruka was very close to just burning this guy's arm off...but no no...hero's don't do that, a good friend wouldn't do that at a formal party like this..no no.

Turning his attention back to Denki, Ryohei lifted a brow, "loser? Me? That's a funny thought. Who are you anyway to be speaking to me and my fiance?" To think that he would be attending Mela's family party too! Ruka frowned as she wondered if her father set this up to happen? Surely, Yukito would have heard of this news then and would have warned her about it? Ah, but there was nothing she can do and that was the most frustrating part. Holding back a growl, Ruka ground out through clenched teeth, "leave him alone Ichijou and I suggest you let go of me." Arm moving down from her hand to settle on her hips, Ryohei smirked, "oh? Then shall we go somewhere a bit more private? I'm sure there's a lot for us to catch up on." No! That was not what she meant at all! Ruka can only look helplessly over at Denki.

- - -

Shota couldn't believe what he was hearing. He owed her for having her take care of him? He could feel his eye twitch as annoyance slowly began to bubble within his chest. There was just so many things he wanted to tell her that he didn't even know where to begin! First of all! He didn't ask for her to come! Everything else just spiraled out from there and now he was stuck with this Witch. Letting out a deep sigh, Shota instead opted to crunch loudly on a wing as he simply glared over at her. Though when she answered his question, he can only blink over at her in silence. She cared about him? Well...granted there were some that pushed themselves into his life whether he asked for it or not (Hizashi) but still! This and that is different! He never liked it when people would invade his personal space other than his girlfriend and there was just so many things wrong here!... Er well... it's not like he asked for Ayumi to come nor is he enjoying it...so there is nothing wrong about it? But why did he feel guilty?

Feeling a headache incoming, Shota leaned back against the headboard as he gave her a look that clearly told her that he wasn't impressed nor moved by her 'caring' words, "I think you being paid to do this is much more believable...or maybe you're just here to cause trouble?" His brow arched in question as that was another possible reason. She was a troublesome person and one who seemed to like mischief...Shota can believe that. Running a hand through his messy locks, Shota told her, "it's not like I said you don't have a heart," despite having seen her look rather threatening with that dreadful iron stick of hers, "I'm just saying this is not necessary," nor was he going to warmly welcome her into his home when he was looking for a nice day off...without any interruptions, "and I don't need help" and he wasn't asking for it either. Stubborn? Clearly, yes. Checking the time, Shota wondered how Mela was doing, maybe he should give her a call later? She'd be happy to hear him. Giving Ayumi a glance, he told her bluntly, "once you're done eating, you can go." That...wasn't the nicest way of saying things, but Shota was a bit grumpy, er grumpier.

- - -

Grinning up at Eijiro, Namie wrapped an arm around his waist as she merrily followed him down the street to search for a game shop. Arriving at the shop, Namie wandered around her teal hues looking at the wide range of selections as she mentally listed the games that she was interested in for herself for another time. Today was to focus completely on Denki, no one else...well except for Eijiro since he was kind enough to hang out with her for the day. At the mention of Pokemon, Namie looked thoughtful. Placing a finger on her chin, she spoke up, "hmm we do play Pokemon...a shiny huh?" A shiny Pokemon...she grinned slightly as that sounded like a really cute gift. She could already imagine the look on Denki's face. Would giving him more than one gift be a bit too much? Ah, but the most important thing was to see him happy so Namie was willing to go the extra mile just to see his smile. Oh no...she was sounding like a lovesick puppy. Urgh, how deep she has fallen so quickly.

Thankfully, Eijiro's words snapped her out of her thoughts. "Eh?" Namie looked over at Eijiro's little confession. So he and Kyoka-chan were the culprits to that event? Namie blinked a few times as she wondered if her feelings for Denki was there way before the dance? If Eijiro saw the need to do something like that...then maybe she did like Denki for quite some time? Recalling his sullen face during the school festival, Namie realized that she may have been attracted to the electrifying blonde since the beginning. She laughed lightly at Eijiro's teasing words as she nudged him back while teasing him back, "Oh? And here I thought you meant you're going to steal Denki-kun away." She giggled slightly at the image of Eijiro and Denki being a couple. Somehow...it was a bit too believable. Aha. Though...smiling over at Eijiro, Namie told him honestly, "though you are a very kind and handsome fellow Eijiro-kun~ Maybe I wouldn't mind?" Her teal hues sparkled with mirth as she teased the red-head relentlessly while the two walked around the store. But that was all just a joke, she knew that she has already fallen too deep to get out from this web.

Genkai Genkai

Taken aback, Mela gritted her teeth at him, rather speechless as she tried to find the words that would eloquently tell him to fuck off. But it seemed Toshinori had stepped in, trying to help her out. Mela blinked and felt the knot in her chest loosen up somewhat. Yes, she was very glad he had come along, she didn't think she wanted to deal with this creep on her own. Well, only if she was armed with some pointy objects heh. Tenjo looked to Toshinori, not very impressed as he dropped his hands and turned around to face the blond. "Date?" He arched a brow before he tried to tug his arm away from Toshinori's grip. "You two?" He let out a small laugh. "Y-yes, we're dating!" Mela chimed in. But would that be enough for this guy? Hopefully.

Mela inched over and slipped her arms around Toshinori's torso and nuzzled against his shoulder. "Now you can do better than him, sweetheart." Tenjo chuckled. "I am sure I can find some way to steal you away." Tenjo smirked as he reached out and brushed his fingers along her hair which caused her to hiss at him. "And you're still feisty too? Oh yes, we'd have a lot of fun once we get out of here. Ditch this guy and we can head back to my place hotel, kitten." "D-don't say such things in front of m-my fiance!" Mela blurted out as she scowled at Tenjo. "You're engaged?" "Um yes. It's not something we're announcing yet but yes, we are." She blushed. Tenjo folded his arms, eyes narrowing at Toshi. "As if he'd know what to do with you."

- - -

Denki was rather thrown off by this guy. He was very...pushy. He wasn't sure what to do in this situation! He had been told by Todoroki that some guy might appear but he wasn't told how annoying he was. Or how gross. Hm. But it was clear Ruka didn't want to deal with this guy and he didn't blame her. This Ichi-whatever was creepy and Denki decided he'd have to be Ruka's knight for the time being. "Hey! My girlfriend doesn't want to be bossed around." He said loudly as he pulled Ruka away from Ichijou. "We're trying to have a nice night together and you are not part of it." Denki said firmly, surprised by his own assertiveness. No guy should be treating women like this. It was so disgusting. Why would Ruka's family think this guy was suitable for her?!

A few sparks shot out of his hair as he glared at the man darkly. This guy was trash for speaking to a girl in such a way. It was almost baffling. "Now Ruka-chan and I are going to have a good night together and if you don't back off I'll send thousands of volts into you that you'll be seeing stars for weeks." He said as he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Ruka's head, hoping that was okay. He was sure this creep would say something if they didn't look convincing enough but at the same time, Denki wasn't going to really do anything with Ruka. No no! Though his heart couldn't help but ache slightly at the irony of pretending to be her boyfriend. "The only person she's gonna marry is me." Well, that was probably Todoroki but he had to make sure this guy backed off for good.

- - -

Ayumi gave Aizawa a small huff at his accusation of her wanting to cause trouble. Oh, if she wanted to cause trouble, there would be no doubt of her intentions. but it was clear he was being too stubborn to see how nice she was being tonight. Shame. The more he spoke, the more annoyed she was getting though. She held her tongue until he was finished grumbling and insisting he didn't need help. She let out a sigh and glanced off, her expression crumbling slightly. He was lucky she wasn't armed or his words would have earned him a hard hit to the jaw. But instead she told herself that one of these days when he really needed her, he'd let her help. But that day wasn't today obviously. If only she could tell him to be careful and to stop keeping people at arms length. Stop pushing people away.

"Fiiine, I get it." She hopped up. "There's no point in me sticking around to finish eating if you don't need my help or company, mister lone wolf~" She shrugged in surrender. "I'm not gonna force my company on you. Instead, I'm gonna go find some other guys who do want me around." She hummed. He was missing out. The witch flashed him a quick wave as she grabbed her can of beer and finished it off quickly. "Have fun with Mi-chan!" Hopefully he'd call if he needed help but Ayumi was pretty sure he wouldn't do that so she didn't bother saying so. "Byeee~" She flew out of the bedroom and saw herself out. The brunette pulled out her phone and called up her friend Miyuka to let her know she would flying by as her plans had changed as the sun began to set behind her.

- - -

On some level, Eijiro felt like he was partly to blame for Denki missing his chance with Kurotsuki when he constantly kidnapped Denki off for no real reason. But he wasn't going to let Namie slip through Denki's hands. Not again. Plus, Namie was so sweet and he could tell she and Denki got along much better than Kurotsuki and Denki. While both girls were nice, Namie seemed to fit better with Kaminari so Eijiro had made it a mission to give his best friend a proper chance at falling in love. Though he had no idea it would be this tough after so many rejections. But Eijiro wasn't going to give up and hoped that Namie would stay true to herself and be a bit patient too. Surely this would all pay off and in who knows, in a few months she and Denki might finally be some kind of an item.

"Heh, I don't think Denki-kun is my type." He had to chuckle. "He's too needy and forgetful and lazy." He then stopped himself when he realized he should be talking up Denki to Namie, not bashing him. Heh. "Aww well if things don't work out with Denki-kun, you can always come running into my arms." He joked. Of course he wouldn't dare move on a girl he was sure Denki liked, even if the boy didn't seem to realize it yet. Right now, Denki had to get over his school boy crush and sort out his other feelings but Eijiro would nudge him toward Namie as best he could. "Maybe we can put you in charge of the cake? Or is that asking too much?" He asked Namie, not sure if she might want to do that. He could always ask Uede-san but he felt it might be more special if Namie had some part in the cake.

AiAi AiAi

Keeping a firm grip on the man's hand, Toshinori's frown only deepened when his words didn't seem to reach his ears. Was it that hard to believe? He was hoping it was enough to get the guy off of Mela's back, but apparently, that wasn't the case. Feeling Mela hug onto his arm while blurting out that they are indeed dating made Toshinori's heart beat wildly while his cheeks took on a pink tint. A-Ah, he was just saying things but to hear such words from Mela made his heart swell with secret joy yet also ache in a bittersweet way. Trying to keep a straight face, Toshinori faced the man, glaring slightly when he still tried to make moves on Mela. Tch, this guy was slowly getting on his nerves. Keeping calm, Toshinori opened his mouth to get this guy away once and for all when Mela suddenly mentioned that they were...WHAT?!

Toshinori's eyes went wide for a split second as his entire face turned red. E-E-Engaged!? W-Wait who was she talking about? Well no duh it was him, but but what!? Since when did it escalate from being a plus one to dating and now engagement!? Seeing how the guy wasn't buying it, Toshinori pushed down his blush and told his heart to wait until after the party to have an attack before facing the guy. Moving his arm to wrap snug around Mela's waist, Toshinori pulled her closer against him as he gave the guy a slight smirk, "as if I'd know what to do? Why, of course, I would know. Know better than you." His eyes held a dangerous glint to them unlike earlier as he stared down the guy while he tilted Mela's head up with his other hand that was underneath her chin, kissing her forehead tenderly, Toshinori stared at the guy as he spoke slowly, "I know much better of how to make her happy...now get lost." His finger that was under her chin moved to caress her cheek as he spoke. Hopefully, this will be enough to get the guy away. Now, he wasn't the type to lose his temper much, but when others close to him were in danger...well that was a different story.

- - -

Both Ruka and Ryohei blinked silently over at Denki as he pulled Ruka to his side. Ryohei stared dumbfounded for a moment as the shorter blonde continued to spark out words one after another while Ruka...well she had a completely different reaction. Her entire face was slowly turning to her all-time favorite strawberries as she realized what Denki said. G-Girlfriend!? W-Wait, since when did that happen!? To make matters worse, she felt Denki's lips on top of her head and now she was really blushing. What was going on!? Ruka's mind was a jumbled mess of confusion as she had no clue what Denki was up to but sudden jeering laughter snapped her out of her panic-stricken mind, "what are you, Pikachu or something?" Ryohei was chuckling as he found Denki's words to be funny.

Ruka's eyes narrowed in annoyance as it was obvious Ryohei didn't believe Denki's words at all. Cheeks still pink with Denki's words of marriage ringing loudly in the Pinkette's mind, Ruka wrapped her arms around Denki's as she leaned against him, "why don't you just take a hike and get out of here Ichijou. Obviously, I'm marrying my boyfriend." Ryohei's ruby hues narrowed as he muttered out, "boyfriend huh? Did things not go well with your last one?" Trying not to get tricked, Ruka kept her calm despite burning with rage on the inside, "he's my boyfriend." As if to confirm her words, wrapping her arms around his neck, Ruka leaned up and kissed Denki on the cheek before trailing her lips to his jaw. Glancing over at Ryohei from the corner of her eye, Ruka muttered against Denki's skin, "get lost already, can't you see I'm busy?" Yes...she was busy trying to think of a way to make up to Denki after all of this. Holding his hands up, Ryohei let out a slight chuckle as he said, "fine, I'll back off for now...but remember in the end you'll be marrying me. There's no way out of it, your parents already made the deal." Eyes shining confidently, Ryohei walked off. Letting out a sigh, Ruka's head slumped against Denki's shoulder, "finally he left...." realizing their position, Ruka straightened up rather quickly as her cheeks were blooming red. Her mouth opened then closed before she turned around and led Denki out of the now stuffy room and out onto a balcony. Eyes downcast, Ruka murmured out, "thank you...you saved me and uh...sorry..."

- - -

When she suddenly stood up, Shota was caught off guard for a moment. For a second, he thought she was going to start yelling at him or something like that, but instead, he received what he has been hoping for all night. Watching the brunette stand up and take her leave was something strange yet relieving at the same time. Shota simply watched her down the beer before heading out. He didn't reply to her as he instead wondered if it was safe for her to go flying about after drinking....she did down that beer rather quickly. Shaking his head, he wondered why he was even worried about Ayumi, to begin with. She's an adult, she can handle herself just fine. Shota kept repeating those words in his head as he finished eating his meal before stepping out to check on Mi. Picking up the small fluff of brown, Shota glanced about his living room to make sure nothing was out of place. Seeing nothing wrong, he walked back to his room to get some sleep. It wasn't like he was worried about Ayumi or anything like that...

- - -

Namie grinned back at Eijiro, having a friend who she can joke around with like this was reassuring in a sense. As they walked around the video game store, Namie picked out a fighting game and showed it to Eijiro, wondering if Denki would like this when he suggested her making the cake. Teal hues slowly blinked over at Eijiro as she pointed at herself, "eh? Me?" Was she allowed to do that? A bright smile made itself known as she nodded her head, her short green locks moving in motion as she chirped happily, "oh I would love to make his cake if you guys would let me! I'm not the best baker around, but I do like to bake!" She liked to bake and cook so she was fairly confident in her skills, okay so maybe she only cooked for herself, but certainly, it wasn't bad if she was fine with the taste, right? Eyes brimming with excitement, Namie began to fire questions one after the other towards her red-haired friend, "what sort of cake does he like? Do you know what his favorite fruits are? Oh! Maybe he likes chocolate? Or um coffee?" She couldn't help it, she was excited to make something special for Denki.

Genkai Genkai

She knew it was a rash judgement call but if she wanted to get this guy to take a hint, which he clearly was determined not to, then she had to make herself totally unavailable. This loser's tunnel vision was laughable. He probably just wanted to say he married an Uede who was cute and young but really he knew nothing about her. Why he thought Mela would be interested was difficult to figure out exactly. But thankfully Toshinori seemed okay to go along with her lie, that was a relief. Though she felt a little guilty, but it wasn't like she and Toshinori were really ever going to date. Nooo, he was just being a good friend right now. He knew she was with Shota-kun so this was just a means to get Tenjo to back off.

When Toshi pulled her close and leaned down to kiss her forehead, Mela's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Tenjo's eyes narrowed as he tried to spot any indication of deception. When he caught the look in Toshi's eyes, he let out a small scoff. "Hah when you want a real man, you know where to find me." He said gruffly as he turned and walked off. Letting out a small sigh, Mela glanced up to Toshinori and laughed, "Well at least he's of the way, thank you for playing along." Though something told her it might not be a good idea to tell Shota she had to pretend that Toshinori and her were a couple. It was nothing really, more silly than anything else.

Though she did pull aside one of the servants and asked them to escort Tenjo off the property, along with the man harassing Ruka and Kaminari. That should solve any further issues that may arise. If she could, she'd chase both guys down with a fist full of throwing knives. But she had a party to tend to. Turning back to Toshinori, she gave him a small smile. "Anyway I feel like we should get some air." She suggested. Yes, some air would do them both some good. Tenjo reminded her a bit of Hideo with his persistence. It was almost nauseating. Letting go of him, she headed off through the house, trying to find a less crowded area. Leading them along, Mela had to wonder why some guys got so pushy. Urgh.

Finding a small alcove off one of the smaller sitting rooms, Mela stepped off the wooden balcony and moved closer to the woods where a few round paper lanterns were lit, hanging in the trees. Folding her arms, she turned back around to Toshinori. At least he and Shota were good guys. "Sorry about that guy, I don't think my parents really want me to marry him but they probably want me to consider it." She grumbled. "I just can't stand guys like that." She said. The guys who pretended to be charming just to get what they want, guys like Tenjo and Hideo were probably going to die alone with any luck." She thought aloud. Was that too harsh? "I guess he just reminds me of my ex, kind of a shit guy." She frowned, a knot threatening to form in the pit of her stomach.

- - -

This guy was not going to give up was he? Denki had to wonder how Todoroki didn't just light the weirdo on fire. It was crazy to think there were some guys out in the world who thought they could act like that around girls and think it would all work out. Who wants be told what to do or told you were going to marry someone? That didn't seem right to Denki but being in this environment, he was beginning to realize that he didn't know a whole lot about the world Ruka came from. Arranged marriages? It was hard enough to deal with the mystery of soulmates but then being told you had to marry someone too? That added a whole other layer of complications. Surely she wouldn't marry the guy though.

Part of him was relieved he didn't have to go through any of that stuff but he had to wonder if Ruka's parents knew she didn't take the arranged marriage thing as seriously as they might. When Ruka moved in close and kissed him, he felt a large jolt snake up his body. What was she doing?! Focus Denki, you were her boyfriend so this was normal behavior! And yet his heart couldn't stop beating erratically. In the back of his mind, he dreaded to think of what Todoroki would do to him if he knew what he and Ruka had to do to get rid of her supposed fiance. But surely Ruka wouldn't really have to marry this creep. If anyone could put a stop to it, it would be Todoroki. "I uh...it's okay. Y-you have nothing to apologize for!" He smiled, giving her a thumbs up.

"I uh really hope you don't have to marry that guy." Yeah, if not, he'd be happy to protest right alongside Todoroki. A friend didn't let friends get married to jerks. "Heh, I am glad to help in any way, Ruka-chan." He assured her, trying to quell his heart. Now that they were outside, he did feel a soothing cool breeze against his flushed cheeks. Oooh that was nice. Denki stretched his arms above his head and had to wonder if their little ruse would come back to bite them or if the guy would just leave and word didn't spread about Ruka's new relationship. But it probably did seem easier to lie than to explain why Todoroki couldn't come. Surely the creepy guy would only assume Ruka really wanted to marry him.

In the back of his mind he couldn't help but wonder if Ruka really might want to marry Todoroki though. Was that too soon for the couple to think about? Though they were soulmates. "So that guy was someone your parents want you to marry?" He asked Ruka, trying to understand a bit more. "I didn't know people still did that sort of thing." Did Momo have someone she was to marry? Rubbing his neck, Denki considered the idea that if he every got to marry someone, it would be out of love, not obligation or some fancy arrangement. "Have you talked to your folks about you choosing who you marry?" He asked her, not sure if he was prying too much. Hopefully she'd shut him up if he was.

- - -

If Ayumi had been thinking, she would have sequestered his cat under the premise of him not being able to properly take care of her in his injured state. Of course he wasn't in that bad of shape, but Ayumi wouldn't have minded Mi keep her company tonight. Flying off, she headed to where her friends were gathered at some izakaya off the beaten path. Landing on the ground, she headed inside and threw her arms around the first cute guy she saw, he had blue rimmed glasses and a light brown hair. "Sooo you wanna buy me a drink?" She giggled sweetly. Her night wasn't going to be stunted because Aizawa was being stubborn. Her new prey was about her age and seemed quite fine with the witch hanging off of him as he bought them each a glass of cold beer and some takoyaki. As she waited for her drink, she texted Hizashi and told him she had been kicked out of Aizawa's and for him to check up on him. Ayumi was hoping if Hizashi did swing by, that he at least wore some nurse outfit since she didn't get to.

- - -

Eijiro looked to the selection Namie had made for their friend. "Sure, I think he'd like that." He was sure Denki would enjoy any gift she got him. Denki wasn't pikcy at all and in their time together as buddies, Eijiro had never known Denki to be picky or ungrateful. Quite the opposite. He was so easygoing and friendly that he was sure any gift, even a rock, would be amazing in Denki's eyes. Though Denki loved games and comics, he knew Denki was not one to be a snob when it came to either of those things. He was sure that's how Denki approached dating too. That any girl could be his possible soulmate. But why he hadn't given Namie that kind of attention was unclear.

Maybe Denki loved having her a friend and was worried he might mess it up if she didn't recipocate? Eijiro would have to do some digging and maybe spell out Namie as girlfriend material if he was really not connecting the dots. "Oh I think he'd enjoy chocolate, can't go wrong with that." He told Namie as she thought about what she might try making. "You know if you wanna try a few recipes, I'd be happy to be a taste tester." He offered with a humble bow. The redhead picked out an old Tetris game and looked it over. "So after you graduate, it could be cool if you got a place close to Denki. You know it would be so fun if we could all have apartments close by to each other." He commented with a sneaky grin. "Then you could spoil him so much easier." But life after graduation...what would they be like? He was sure it would be pretty awesome to help people without being tied to school rules. "Were you thinking of joining a hero agency as a healer?"

AiAi AiAi

If he had a quirk like Kurotsuki Shoujo's or even Kaminari Shounen, Toshinori was positive he would be steaming right now in some form or another. He held back from collapsing onto the ground spewing blood out as he tried to maintain a calm visage despite the inner storm brewing within himself. Oh dear oh dear oh dear! What has he done!? Toshinori was no fool and he knew very well that Mela was not taken yet if he can be honest for just a moment, only to himself, then he will admit that he quite enjoyed being Mela's date and how he wished that this was all real and not pretend. Oh, how he wished he can outright declare to everyone around him that he and Mela were indeed dating and happy together...yeah that's all just a fantasy of his. Toshinori isn't the type of guy to just sweep a friend's girlfriend away just like that. No no...he was no heartless jerk and either way, there is no way someone so bubbly and sweet like Mela would ever be interested in a guy like him.

Confused and torn between his feelings and his duties of protecting Mela from unwanted men, Toshinori snapped out of his inner turmoil at the bright sound of Mela's voice, it was like a soothing chime amidst all the sound in the party hall. Blinking slowly, Toshinori faced Mela as he slowly released his hold on her, ignoring the lack of warmth as he cracked a small sheepish grin onto his lips. "A-ah yeah...glad I could help you." Yes, that was all he did...just help a dear student and friend of his out...plus he can just imagine the wrath of Aizawa awaiting him if anything happened to Mela. Ignoring the painful stab in his chest, Toshinori's deep blue hues followed the shape of the man known as Tenjo. So Aizawa-kun had to deal with a man like that before? He can imagine that Aizawa dealt with him quite differently from how he did. They were like the sun and the moon after all. Toshinori would rather not dive right into conflict and violence if possible while Aizawa-kun would probably do any means necessary to get his point across. Perhaps that was why he had trouble communicating with Aizawa at times, but the two shared an unspoken bond of not only for justice but also for a fondness for a certain individual.

Following the brunette outside into the cool night air, Toshinori's eyes followed Mela's form as he stood beside her. The cool air was helping him calm down a bit, though his cheeks were still flushed a light pink. Listening to her apologize to him, Toshinori frowned as he wondered if her parents really were pushing for such a marriage for their only daughter. Certainly, they would want her to choose her own life partner? Though upon her mentioning a person named Hideo, his interest piqued. Blinking curiously over at her, Toshinori spoke up gently, "it's alright Mela-chan...I'm sorry your parents are pushing for such a marriage...that...is not a marriage at all." Holding back a frown, he instead moved onto the topic that he was quite curious about, "um you mentioned a person named Hideo...?" Not wanting to judge nor jump to conclusions, he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly as he asked, "um if you don't mind telling me...why do you hold such dislike towards your ex...er well towards people like...them?" He didn't want to simply judge a person by one characteristic, who knows maybe they were acting a certain way because that was how they were taught to...but still....he was curious.

- - -

Despite Denki saying that it was quite fine, Ruka didn't feel like so. She felt bad in many ways. She not only just kissed another guy other than her lover, Shoto, but she had to push such things onto a close friend of her's that mind you, she dragged all the way out into another city all for a party...yeah, Ruka was not feeling good one bit. Holding back a sigh, she can only eye Denki with apologetic blue hues as they stood out onto the balcony lit up with various lanterns. Urgh, how can she make it up to him? Certainly, he was feeling uncomfortable now. Trying not to dwell on it for too long, Ruka turned her attention out onto the forest as she leaned on the cool marble. To think her father was still trying to push that stupid guy onto her for some arranged marriage. She was upset on varying levels as her father could have nearly ruined another family's party simply for his own selfish reasons. With a frown gracing her lips, Ruka let out a slow sigh as she silently wondered why every single formal party she attends ends up having some sort of trouble in one form or another; though lately, it has been in the form of one annoying and pompous Ryohei Ichijou. If she wasn't at a party of her's or Mela's, Ruka would have gladly burned the fool by now.

Snapping out of her musings of how to best get away with murder while still upholding a heroic sense, Ruka turned her solemn gaze onto the blonde beside her. She gave him a wry smile at the mention of having to marry that guy, "I sure hope I don't have to either..." really, she would rather kill herself than be forced to marry someone other than the one she chooses. Though marriage...she wasn't sure if she wanted to think of that right this very moment...not when she sees what a marriage can do to a person. At his question, Ruka can only let out a sigh as she nodded her head, "ah yeah...apparently that's who my step-father chose..." Realizing that Denki wasn't really one from a family like her's or Mela's, Ruka gave him a small smile as she explained, "it is less common these days that is true...but for certain families like say mine and even Mela's...well the more traditional ones like to stick to tradition I suppose." She was pretty sure Mela's father had other things in mind while her own step-father...well he was easy to guess. Not really minding all the questions, Ruka turned to look back out the forest once more as she continued to speak to Denki, finding it was easing her nerves and calming her down from her hissy bout.

Talk to her parents about this? Her eyes took on a far-off look as she let out a dry laugh, "I wish life was that easy..." yes if only she can be on such a level of closeness with her own parents. "Even if I were to beg them to change their minds...I doubt they would. Or rather, my step-father wouldn't change his mind....he's only doing this to gain some sort of benefit. After all, what other use am I other than for helping grow his company even further?" Her tone took on a bitterness that is rarely there as she continued to lament about her step-father, her mind swirling with memories of old as her heart was raging silently in a bitter and dark storm, "a Kurotsuki shall always keep their heads held high no matter the circumstances...as my step-father would always say..." why was she remembering those words now? Shaking her head to free herself from unwanted thoughts, Ruka stood up straight as she turned to face Denki, giving him a small smile, she told him, "forget about what I said...it's nothing to worry about...I'll be fine." Yes, she'll be fine...this was just a curse...nothing new.

- - -

The longer he stayed awake, the more his mind became filled with thoughts of Ayumi and her whereabouts caused Shota to decide to just sleep. He didn't want to worry over others and he certainly did not need to worry over Ayumi. She was a grown adult and certainly knew how to take care of herself just fine...yes, there was no reason why he had to feel bad or worry for her. Nope, nothing at all...yet the guilt remained welling up inside of him as he lay in his spacious bed with Mi curled up beside him. Rolling onto his back, Shota covered his eyes with an arm as a long sigh left his parted lips. This was annoying. Sitting up, he was about to call Mela to see how she was doing when the door to his place opened up suddenly. Hearing the rather loud bang of his door, Shota winced as he wondered if Ayumi came back in a rage or something like that. Expecting an iron broom to his throat, Shota watched the door to his bedroom open up with a wary gaze though the person who came in was not Ayumi in any sense...this person wasn't a she to begin with.

Eyes twitching in annoyance, Shota slumped back into his bed as the ever so loud voice of his self-proclaimed 'best' friend spoke up, "SHOTAAAAAAAAA I HEARD YOU NEEDED A NURSE!?" Oh hell no. Mi hissed in surprise while she clung to her Master's side while Shota rubbed his temple, scratch that. He wasn't about to be sorry nor worried about Ayumi no longer...not when she brought in the cavalry by the presence of Hizashi, "can you keep your voice down for one second?" Shota grumbled out in annoyance as his loud friend began to 'dote' on the now very grumpy Shota. Seeing what the blonde was even wearing, Shota could feel a vein snap in his temple as he darkly told his friend, "what the hell are you even wearing?" No...this was just...no, "I'm your nurse for the day!" ....yeah, he was not going to forgive Ayumi for this.

- - -

Eyes still shining with excitement, Namie nodded her head as she took down mental notes. Chocolate! Got it! She was already having many ideas in mind of what sort of chocolate cake to make for Denki. She wanted this to be a very special cake, she wanted to see that ever so bright and electrifying smile on his lips. The one that Namie has grown to adore though she was sure that wasn't a secret. Perhaps the only person who doesn't notice her growing fondness for the lightning blonde was well...Denki himself. At Eijiro's offer of being a taste tester, Namie giggled as she nodded her head, "sure! I already have a few things in mind so having another person's opinion would be very helpful. You're such a hero huh, Eijiro-kun." Giggling once again, she followed him around the store, though she ended up not buying anything as she had other more fun gifts in mind. She'll let Eijiro handle gifting a game to Denki this time around.

At the mention of graduation, Namie blinked a few times. Eh? Living all near each other? Her cheeks took on a red hue as she smiled a bit shyly as she averted her teal gaze from the mischievous pair of Eijiro's, "living near each other huh..." ah, he got her at the mention of her wanting to spoil Denki, but she believed that Denki deserved to be spoiled rotten and she would gladly offer her services hehe. Though instead of being neighbors...Namie wanted something a bit more than that...she would rather live with him than just be near him. Cheeks turning hotter at the thought of that, Namie was glad Eijiro asked her a question. Smiling widely, Namie shook her head as she told him, "I would like to join a hero agency, yes, but instead of being solely an aide as a healer, I would love to be a hero and fight alongside everyone else!" The idea of her standing beside Denki and the two fighting villains...that was a very nice image. Grinning, Namie told him, "I know, my quirk may not be the most useful...but I want to be a hero too!" Not just some support.

Genkai Genkai

Considering she was such a hopeless romantic, Mela was sure with enough prodding, she and her mother could convince her father to just drop the whole silly arrangement. By no means did Mela take it seriously. Plus she found her soulmate, she'd much rather marry him than some creepy stranger who would probably get arrested for stalking underage schoolgirls or something. "Oh uh Hideo-kun? Hmm it's a little complicated but he was my first boyfriend. We actually met when he signed up to take archery lessons from me. He's actually a healer so he thought it would be useful to learn a combat skill." Why he picked archery though, she didn't know.

"He was really nice most of the time. I meant we got along really well and he was so sweet. But since he was the first guy I really dated I didn't see some of the red flags. He never really supported my hobbies. He never once attended any of my ice skating or dance performances. He also tried to keep me from seeing Rukie-chan. And there was the staying out and late and sneaking into clubs and stuff...I guess at the time I just wanted to prove I could keep up with someone a bit older." She shrugged a little, smiling slightly. "But anyway, I guess my dislike of guys like the one you just met is that they're very...disingenuous."

Mela glanced to Toshinori. "The reason Hideo isn't my boyfriend isn't because he could be a bit demanding at times or a jerk, it's because he lied to me. And to me, that was something I couldn't tolerate. He lied about his reason for dating me, he lied about believing in my ability to become a hero, and lied about loving me. You can't build a relationship on a foundation of lies." She said. She wouldn't go into the detail of her reaction also including an arrow being fired at said ex's head though. Or any of the sexual details. Toshinori didn't need to know that. "I just don't think I could be around someone who isn't honest with me but maybe that's a dying concept?"

To her, being open and sincere was something very important.

- - -

It really did seem crazy to think one's family connections would take precedence over one's own personal preference. But then again, he and Ruka did seem to be from different worlds. And their family's had different expectations. His mother and father wanted him to just be safe and happy, they didn't care who he ended up with. They didn't feel like it was their place to really make that call. However it seemed like people such as Uede and Ruka, didn't have that freedom. So it made him sad to think his friend may not get to marry who she wanted to marry because of her last name. Even though he still wasn't thrilled about Todoroki, knowing he was Ruka's soulmate did ease some of his worries.

Surely Todoroki would be able to win over Ruka's step-father. "I'm sorry." He wished there was more he could say. More he could do. Denki couldn't imagine being in her shoes. It was doubtful that he could convince her family though, that was more of Todoroki's area, if anything. But he didn't think Ruka was too worried about marriage but if he had some sleazy woman hanging off of him as someone he might be expected to marry, it would put a damper on his dating. Not that he was dating anyone. The most he saw of anyone was Eijiro, Peachy and Namie. At the thought of Namie, he felt an odd feeling in his chest, some kind of fluttery feeling but he had no way to really describe it.

Was that weird? He wasn't getting sick, was he? Denki frowned at Ruka, not liking seeing her so down. It didn't suit her. He thought back to how badass and fearless she was when she saved him. Yeah, he was sure she was going to find her own path and become her own person! A real hero! "Hey, you'll figure it out." He grinned to her. "Todoroki-san will make sure you don't wind up with some creep. And if you need me to talk to your step-father, I'd be happy to speak on your behalf." He added, though he wasn't sure if that's how things worked or if it would do her any good. "So please cheer up." The boy leaned over and poked her nose playfully, sending her a light electrical charge.

"How about we check out the food? I bet there's something sweet to snack on!" He put an arm around her.

- - -

Had Ayumi been able to see firsthand just how...disturbing his new blonde nurse was, she would be on the floor laughing to death. Of course it wasn't her fault she insisted Hizashi go off and help their poor friend. If only Aizawa hadn't pushed her away...but Ayumi wasn't dwelling on him any longer. After her second beer she demanded her date carry her back to his place, quite too giggly to bother flying herself.

- - -

At the mention of him being a hero, he couldn't help but flex playfully like a body building. "Oh yeah, you know it." He laughed. The red head listened to her wish to be a hero. He would think with her healing quirk, she'd be a great healer or nurse of some sort but if she wanted to go out and fight bad guys, he was sure she'd be great at it too. "That'd be really awesome!" The idea of everyone teaming up together once they all got their hero licenses upon graduating was pretty appealing. He was sure they all had a bright future ahead of him. Even Bakugo and Mineta, if they shaped up a little. He rubbed his head as they headed out of the store to head down to the street level. "You know I don't think any of us have seen you in action huh?" He wished they could though. DId she have a hero costume? Maybe if Denki would enjoy seeing another side of her? "You know one of these nights, me, you, Denki, Kyoka and Peachy should have a sleepover or something." Maybe that would help?

- - -

As the sun set over Musutafu, Shoto rose from where he was sitting by his mother. They had just had a very light dinner together and she was resting once more. Shoto pulled out his phone and wondered if he should text Ruka to see how the party was going. He had a bad feeling that guy had made another appearance but he hated feeling so powerless. So he didn't want to dwell on that possibility. Surely Kaminari would keep Ruka away from danger. The boy eyed his scar in the window's reflection as he closed his eyes for a moment. Maybe he would text her in a bit before he went to bed. Right now he decided to take a walk outside to try to take his mind off his many worries.

AiAi AiAi

Staring curiously over at Mela, Toshinori stayed silent as he listened to her open up about herself and more importantly talk about her past. He blinked a few times as he expected this Hideo person to be a person of some sort of importance to her, but to think he was her ex...a small part of him felt a sting when she spoke rather fondly of Hideo but as she continued to speak more...there seemed to be something more dark in her tone. A small frown was stitched across his lips as he heard of how she felt the need to prove to someone, no that was wrong. There certainly was no reason why she must even prove herself to another especially in a romantic relationship, at least that is what he believed. Before Toshinori can even reassure Mela that there is no reason for her to prove herself to be in a relationship just because of age...she mentioned something else that caused his breath to hitch in his throat.

As he stared into Mela's chocolate brown hues that seemed to take on a softer shade underneath the moonlight, Toshinori felt a rather strange sensation as she mentioned how her ex was a liar. Lies...? Deception...? Why did this feel so...familiar? His mind flashed over to himself as All Might, beaming smiles to everyone around him while maintaining the image of being the number one hero, the symbol of Peace...and then what? As Toshinori Yagi, he was simply slinking around in the shadows as no one ever even spares him a glance his way and he preferred to keep it that way...some pro-heroes use their actual name as their hero name, but others like him and Aizawa?...no, they much prefer to keep their personal lives separate from their hero work, but Aizawa didn't keep a mask on, he didn't have a whole different appearance unlike Toshinori...is that why his chest was burning?

Burning from an unspoken truth that he's kept to himself and a select few in order to...in order to what? As he continued to gaze into Mela's eyes, something stirred within him as he realized that her words held great meaning, a depth that he was ignoring all this time...trying to not face it. How pathetic he was to try and avoid something like this just because he was scared of what others would think of him! Just because he wanted to maintain an image to the public! As he looked over at Mela, Toshinori understood one thing and that was how his feelings for the brunette was something he could never get over...something that he never wants to let go of, but for that he can't just continue to lie to her; he can't just continue to be two different people around her...no, that wasn't how it should be...not when honesty was something she held as important and it was clearly the right thing too!

But...

But was it really alright? The lanky blonde remained silent as he for once was conflicted. His feelings for Mela was resonating in his heart, yearning to tell her everything about him, but the risks of it all...was it really worth it? Is he really going to risk telling her simply because of his feelings for her? One that is obviously one-sided and most definitely not going to be reciprocated since she is in a happy relationship, but even so...was it actually the right thing? Lying is never a good thing and as a hero, he should be ashamed of himself...but certainly, everyone had a little secret they wished to hide from all prying eyes...right? The longer he stared into Mela's eyes, the harder it became to breathe, the harder it became to listen to his head as his bleeding heart was crying out to him so loudly. If...if he was allowed one selfish thing in life...then he already knew what that would be...."Mela-chan...I don't think that its a dying concept at all..it's a very noble and heroic thing, what you just said." Toshinori finally spoke up after a long moments pause as he stared into her eyes, "and I...I have to tell you something...something very important..." glancing around, he wondered if this was the right place to tell her...ah, but was he allowed any more hesitations? No, he must do it now!

Taking a deep breath, Toshinori stood straight in front of Mela as he told her, "I am All Might...."

- - -

Marriage, it was a word Ruka usually just ignored. In her family, marriage wasn't sacred nor a choice...it was simply a duty that a Kurotsuki must fulfill. Or that was how she and Yukito have been taught as children though now that she thinks about it...why did her mother marry her step-father? Ruka never heard the exact details of how they met or actually...anything about it. She's never really had the chance to speak with her mother so openly about such things and perhaps that was how she grew up with such a twisted sense of marriage and the likes...after all, she can only learn from what she's seen and so far her mother does not seem the happiest with her so-called soulmate...but then there was Shoto. Ruka blinked a bit as she realized that despite her and Shoto being soulmates, things felt more real and different between them compared to her parents. Was there a different bond for each soulmate...? Was that possible?

So many thoughts were swirling in Ruka's mind as she stared out into the nearby forest. When Denki apologized to her, Ruka glanced over at him as she shook her head lightly, "no, there's nothing to apologize about...it's not your fault or anything after all." She gave him a small smile as she added, "plus its just my father's doing...I'm sure I'll find a way out of it." Though the options that briefly flashed through her mind was anything but pleasant. The sudden image of her having to marry Yukito came into mind almost as if Mela and Yukito were teasing her about how that may be the only option left. A shudder ran through her at that thought. Nope...never. She would much rather disappear from the face of the earth than go through a marriage like that. Plus she had Shoto, surely he will find a way out of this for her? But...she can't just push all her problems onto him either.

As she became lost in her thoughts once more, Ruka was brought back to reality as Denki spoke up, almost as if he read her mind and said those exact words to ease her. As he lightly shocked her nose, a small giggle escaped her lips as it felt quite ticklish. Giggling a bit more, Ruka smiled up at Denki as she nodded her head, "yeah...you're right." There is an answer to everything and even if she can't figure it out on her own, she wasn't alone anymore...she had Shoto and her friends. Smiling a bit more widely, Ruka allowed Denki to lead them back inside as she lightly bumped her head against his shoulder while mumbling out, "thank you Denki-kun...." he was definitely a hero. Heh.

At the mention of sweets, Ruka's eyes shined as she suddenly felt quite hungry. Walking over to the tables littered with food of all kinds, Ruka eagerly led Denki to the dessert section which would, of course, be the most extravagant given that this was Mela's family party and so the hungry Pinkette began to point out various dishes while placing a few onto a plate for her and Denki. Her plate was mainly filled with strawberries if she must be honest. Smiling over at Denki, Ruka lifted up a piece of her strawberry shortcake as she told him, "here, try this one too." Recalling Denki's question from earlier, Ruka blinked up at him as she mentioned it, "oh right...before that snob came up, um you were trying to tell me something earlier? You had a question for me was it?" She would have called Ryohei a pig if not for that being an insult to the cute little piglets.

- - -

If Shota knew where Ayumi was and what she was doing, he would have gladly used his Quirk and dragged her back to his place to make her clean up the mess that she created. Eye twitching in annoyance, the dark-haired pro-hero was currently contemplating how to best get rid of a corpse of some nurse all the while appearing to be heroic for doing such a deed...yes, there are things that heroes must do that may not look appealing and this certainly fits into the criteria of one. Sighing loudly, Shota can only pinch the bridge of his nose as he counted to one hundred in his mind slowly, trying his best to ignore the pounding headache...oh wait, that was just Hizashi's voice. Just a few more hours and he can give Mela a call...hopefully he'll still be alive and able to hear by then.

- - -

Namie has always been told and expected to become a healer when she grows up or as her parents would like her to be a doctor, but that wasn't what she wanted. For once she wanted to choose her own path and do what she wants...so as a form of rebellion, she decided to go the path of a hero, plus who wouldn't want to go around saving people, right? There were more ways than one to save someone and Namie was determined to prove to everyone that she too can be a hero. Glancing over at Eijiro as the two headed out the mall, she looked rather thoughtful at the mention of her fighting, "oh...now that I think about it you're right. Maybe one of these days you guys can come by to my school...ah but we don't do as much like your school ehe." She scratched the side of her cheek as she gave him a sheepish grin, but at the mention of a sleepover and her eyes were shining, "really?! I would love that!" Beaming, Namie began to chatter on about the various things they can during the sleepover.

Genkai Genkai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back