• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We Are Underground (Still accepting characters! Vampire rp!)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Her eyes lit up at that and she'd glance over the new born with renewed interest, "Got ourselves a baby, eh? Perhaps I could be of some help." She reached back into her pack and pulled out a full blood bag, swinging it back and forth with a smirk, "First sample's free~. This should be more than enough to tide her over, aye?"
Ishtarran Ishtarran LunaticLove LunaticLove
Sharpeeta leered suspiciously. "I know as well as anyone down here that there's no such thing as a free lunch. What's the catch? Or are you just hoping to catch a new customer?"

Poor thing's in rags, empty, confused... the last thing she needs is anyone pulling her back there or messing with her head. I want to ward her off, but...

"Fuck... it's not my decision though, is it?" He stepped aside. "Make your case, what was it... Sing? I don't quite recall."

"I'm an honest sort; always lookin' to meet new customers." She chuckled as she bounced the bag in her hand, grinning shamelessly, "Gurpreet Signh, and yeah; it ain't your decision." She then glanced to Elizabeth with a smirk, "So, how about that free meal, little lady?"

Kasimir Wilhelm Schwarz
He took to the stairs, wandering through Blood Row with a heavy mind as he dodged and weaved the merchants, avoiding those he did know until he stood above it all. The Kingdom above, concrete beneath his feet, a jungle of skyscrapers and a smattering of homeless giving life to the early evening. He drew his coat closer in avoidance of the lingering warmth of day and continued to slink down the high street as a wisp. Quietly ignored, prowling and sticking to the shopfronts -- whilst he could've made it easier on himself to whip up into the sky as a bat, Kasimir adored the modern bustle of the world. Streetlamps flickering to life, neon signs beginning the draining swirl of colours desperate to entice. The scent of warm, human food on the breeze as restaurants swung their doors open; each beckoning beneath the lies of the best family recipe since the last. Laughter between friends, the chatter of children, and the laughable conflicted screech of young couples arguing.

New York, was really something.

His favourite tea shop and cafe was a little local place, which stayed open till around eight, selling all sorts of various milkshakes and meals. But what he had loved about it, from the very beginning was its selection of hot herbal beverages. Wooden floors were offset by exposed brick and oak shelves, besides a polished counter piled with depleted pastries. Display cases smudged with icing and the fingers of toddling infants who jabbed incessantly at treats until they wailed for them to be bought. Kas, brushing off the soles of his shoes on the way in, let the bell jingle on the corner of the door which in turn caused the sleepy server on duty to stand to attention.

Sauntering up he pulled the wallet from his back pocket, resting slightly on the bar. "Three normal English breakfast, no milk or sugar ... and if you could, put some packets in? I'm just buying for a few colleagues, no idea what they like." Schwarz gave a charming smile, putting across a note laden with a few change before returning to his wait. Pulling out a smartphone, considering he found that the modern world was far easier with technology, he tapped toward his notifications and let out a rather heavy sigh. The Funeral Parlour would need an all-around restock for the morticians and one of the coffins was in need of further tailoring. Besides his worse work as a trafficker, Kasimir did arrange funerals for Vampires needing closure on one chapter of their lives, being the go-to man for new identification. At a price, it always came, but a price he tailored to income. You didn't get faithful customers from cold cash alone. Favours were far more valuable.

The addition of the rough looking new vampire made Eliza take a step back into the wall, bumping slightly into the side of Sharpeeta. She felt unsure of what to do about being the interest of three vampires when she was normally one to stick on her own and blend into the crowd. Hell, she survived years on the streets by blending in and slipping between shadows, reaching her slight hands into unsuspecting pockets and palming things off of store counters. Her hands reached up to her hair and tried to run her fingers through her matted and dirty hair to calm herself down but got nowhere in the tangles and simply dropped her hands. She felt more and more disgusting in these torn and filthy clothes and tried to remember the last time she had bathed or even washed off.

When the new vampire, Gurpreet, pulled out the blood bag, all thoughts left her as her eyes narrowed in on the bag of essentially liquid gold. She took a step forward without even deciding to do so in her mind. She felt the sudden drive the NEED to devour that whole bag and maybe three more of them. As she took another step towards the blood bag, she held her hand back towards Sharpeeta, "What is wrong with me? Why do I want to devour that whole bag and another three of them? What have I become?" The thoughts in her head were purely on the bag before her that bounced in Gurpreet's hands. I feel like a drug addict again.

Her eyes flicked up to meet Gurpreet's eyes when Sharpeeta spoke about how no lunch is a free lunch and she wanted to bolt from the situation but couldn't bring herself to leave the bag behind. I'm turning into a monster.

Ishtarran Ishtarran
Ubertide Ubertide

Last edited:
Gurpreet just flashed a grin as Elizabeth made eye contact, "I do believe the product sells itself." And with that she lobbed the bag towards the starving new born. "But like I said, first one's free. She looks like she needs it too." She chuckled dryly, "I hear new bloods tend to be ravenous when first turned."
LunaticLove LunaticLove Ishtarran Ishtarran

It had been far too long since Hope had made her way topside for any reason other than business, five years to the very day in fact. Five whole years and she hadn't taken a single hour to go topside for herself. It truly was a travesty of the highest order. So then why today of all days did Hope decide to travel upward? The answer was really quite simple. She was bored and both sick and tired of the constant bickering of Oldbloods within the Old tunnels. Constantly whining back and forth between one another about how unsightly the new tunnels were. About how cramped the tunnels were becoming. About the council and their lack of effort to deal with the issue and of course about a shortage of blood and money to source it.

Honestly, it was pathetic. Oh, how the mighty had fallen. And well, Hope had just had enough. She needed a break and was more than happy to take one by escaping upward to the land of the living. To a quaint little cafe that had certainly had changed quite a lot from when she last paid a visit. First off the menu now included an assortment of meals, milkshakes and commodities the likes of which she never would have expected from such a small shop. Let alone this small shop.

None the less Hope had her preferences and she tended to stick with them when it came to consumption. Coffee, black, no sugar, sweetener or any additions. A scone with fruit, buttered and jammed lightly with raspberry. And of course, a few shortbread biscuits to enjoy as she read. Oh yes, this was perfect. Perfect when compared to the clutter of noise that was the nest at current.

Taking a seat in the far back left-hand corner Hope happily spent her time sipping, eating and reading. That was until she noticed a familiar face waiting by the register. Smiling innocently she called out "Wilhelm, it's been far too long. Come, take a seat!"
idalie idalie

Kasimir Wilhelm Schwarz
He glanced up whilst waiting for the order, frowning at the familiar voice which called to him albeit eyes twinkling with recognition when he found the face. Kasimir hesitated, deciding to bring the three teas with him in their cardboard holder, setting it down on Hope's table. "Please, only my father called me Wilhelm -- and perhaps those who don't quite know me," The old blood rubbed his gloved palms together, leather creaking as he gave a chuckle of unrestrained delight. "But you! You certainly know me." Schwarz checked the time fleetingly; he could spare a few minutes with an old friend. Leaning back with a sigh of near disbelief and a small shake of his head, Kasimir eyed Hope. "You're still as I remember, I suppose beauty doesn't fade with age like they say, hm?" He was charming, always purposefully charming to that playful degree of mature, complimentary wordsmithing.

"Where have you been? Last time I remember we spent quality time was ... well, let me see -- 1666? Maybe even 1667, England, you wicked, wicked woman." Kasimir flashed a small grin. Admittedly he had always known she'd relocated to the States. Perhaps seen her in passing on occasion, or heard her name pop up in conversation, but it was in the height of the plague he'd bonded with the fellow old blood which sat across from him. Pale and blue-eyed, as innocent as the darling buds of May. Thankfully the appearance didn't quite add up to who she was, otherwise Kasimir would've upped and left centuries ago from sitting at the same table. Innocence was for the damned, one had to understand.

"But I see why you're topside, I don't see how some of us manage to live down there. I've taken a liking to sleeping in the funeral parlour, the dead are quieter than whatever new rabble arrives each day." His hand drew over his chin once, twice, causing the bristle of his groomed beard to brush against the concealed fingertips. "Ah, but I do have an errand to run, I can't stay long. I do implore you to give me something to go by this time if you decide to vanish yet again. What am I to do, when our kind is all but fading away? Hunter by hunter?"

Uasal Uasal

There it was, that eye twinkling response she had hoped for. Kasimir, he hadn't changed one bit. Well, he was most certainly better dressed but then again that wouldn't have been hard to achieve for a man of his....ocupation. IIt may have been quite some time since Hope and he last met but she had heard the rumours. She had sourced the intel. And She had most certainly done her research over the years.

As the man talked away Hope's eyes scanned him from the top of his unruly hair to the near bottom of his stomach where the table hid the rest from view. He hadn't changed a bit. Not physically and judging from the flirtatious complimenting it seemed his personality hadn't changed all that much either. This man was just as much of lady killer a, just as much of a stick in the mud and just as hard to suss out as ever before. It was most certainly worth coming topside today!

slowly moving to take Kasimir's hands in her own Hope spoke softly and smiled sweetly. Inching ever so slowly closer and closer across the table with every word she spoke "So, you still think of me as beautiful huh? This old bat? Five hundred and fifty years of age? Surely you jest! I must be but a wilted flower compared to some of the girls you have 'under lock and key'...." With her face, just millimetres away from Kasimir's now Hope promptly moved back into an upright and proper sitting position with a most wicked smile and a devilish gleam in her eyes. "1667. It was a Sunday in late August. I remember because I actually left for new york that very day. I disappeared without a trace. Torched the lot and cut ties with everyone I ever knew. It was the start of a new life. A life I'm sure you're well informed about just as I am of yours, my dear Wilhelm. And might I say, you really have impressed me."

Taking a moment to think on the subject Hope let out a sigh and her persona morphed quite quickly back to one of innocence and childish joy "Actually, If I do recall correctly you caused me quite a bother at one stage with some of your shady dealings in the East India Company. God, that was a mess to set straight. But ultimately worth it in the end.... Anyway. It's nice to finally see you again Old Friend!"

idalie idalie

Sharpeeta found himself about to loose a chuckle, having nearly forgot the seriousness of the situation. Ravenous indeed... they and the Brutes are arguably the most bloodthirsty, uncontrollable beasts to ever walk the Earth. Besides the shapetakers... God, I haven't seen one of those in 49 years!

He shook the bemused half smile from his face, looking Gurpreet directly in the eyes. "Pardon my tense behavior till now. This... isn't the first time I've rounded this corner, so to speak. I appreciate your help," he squinted momentarily before adding "though I don't doubt your sourcing is shifty like nigh every other merchant I've met from that cesspit. Not that I have room to talk... everyone down here has their demons. Especially me."

He gazed upon the newborn once again, fully taking in her appearance at a standstill for the first time. "You're young... under thirty, aren't you, Eliza?" He hung his head. "I was young, too..."

Ubertide Ubertide LunaticLove LunaticLove

"Heh. Not necessarily... I've seen elder-bodied Brutes rip apart cars like a child abuses their toys. Quite a sight... though the deeper shadows of the world certainly carry worse things. Most of us unlucky enough to surpass a century in this form learn that the hard way."

Dear Lord... I remember when Wachiwi tried to take on that elder shaper by herself at the lakefront in Buffalo, fangs versus fangs. Sixty years wasted in nine seconds... still gives me goosebumps. Thank heaven they can't hide the way our kind do among the warm bloods.

"I... hadn't thought of that. My barrack is full, unless one of my bunk mates just happened to suffer final death in the last 24 hours, and my apartment topside, well... some things are better left unsaid." Ugh, I think some of that caravan guard's brains are still on my wall...

Who could do this... Johnny could show her how to defend herself against cold bloods, but then there's a chance I might have to rip her head off with my own claws one day. Carnegie? Fuck, she may have space, but she'd never have time to teach her jack diddly squat! Always business... I don't want to pull Loretta into this, but she may be the only card I have.

Kasimir Wilhelm Schwarz
She grasped his hands, leaning in close, closer again with the talk of her age and theatrical reaction to his flattery. Their faces were a hair's breadth away when she withdrew with all the appearance of a mischevious school girl, whilst Kasimir fixed her with a critical, but not unkind eye. "You do know we're practically the same age," He tutted, albeit wasn't giving up so easily in the face of her act as one might call it. "To call you anything less than beautiful would be a crime, my merry Miss Harrington." Her comment alluding to his rather unpalatable business of trading human stock elicited yet another rich laugh, drawing into a delighted hum. "My! You know the girls I choose are quality, but nothing is more attractive than a good blood type."

He'd missed the chaotic sense of wickedness in her eyes, the smile, the understanding of someone who didn't let morals cloud their vision so completely. Of course, you could never trust anyone, whether or not a friend from days past. Holly, however, managed to bring with her an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. "Ah, of course, it was August--" He seemed pensive, "the oddest things happen when summer seems to last." Kasimir rubbed his index finger against the thumb, wrist propped on the table edge. He wouldn't forget the two-year reign of death upon the rolling, holy green hills of England. To think the faith had survived when holy men could do nothing but preach and preach again.

Schwarz tipped his head. "Ah, I kept some tabs on you. Likewise it seems. But do come on, you spent your immortality building a business, I spent mine getting some adventure out my system." Kas winked, "Oh, here, here. Don't talk to me about messing with the East Empire Company! They were trading slaves even after it was outlawed in Britain, all I did, was sink a few unwanted ships. A loss of money, but I saved some hides. Including my own." He kicked back marginally, relaxing into the chair opposite. "I'd say I managed it quite well, considering I hardly remember half of it. Opium dens were my Achilles heel and there was a free meal whenever I felt like it."

"I would say, I've done my exploring for now. I've made my friends, allies, call them what you will. There's nothing left but to put my long life to use ... and perhaps just a little studying of the creatures we are, with all this new technology they speak of. It's something of an ongoing investigation, but you must remember it from back when."

Uasal Uasal

Eliza’s reflexes weren’t the best before being turned, but now with her increased speed, she was able to snatch the bag out of midair as Gurpreet lobbed it to her. Her nails, usually clean and filed short, were ragged and therefore punctured slightly into the bag, allowing some of the cold blood to run in beads down her fingers. The smell of the blood was immediately in her nose and her stomach clenched with anticipation of the life-giving liquid to sooth the hellish burn in her throat.

Her mind, foggy with need, couldn’t quite follow the conversation between the two vampires but caught a few words such as “ravenous,” “the first time I’ve rounded this corner,” “demon,” and something called a “Brute?” She tore her gaze from the dark liquid drugs in her hand to glance up between the older vampires and vaguely remembered that Sharpeeta had asked her what her age was.

“I think I’m 25 or 26? I was born in 1993 so… yeah 25 years old. Sorry I didn’t really focus on age the past few years, too much else to worry about.” She glanced back at the bag in her hand and swallowed quickly before tearing her eyes back to Gurpreet, “What do you mean stash me?” Her heart rate quickened as she thought about being returned to chains and left to starve. Had she run out of luck that quickly? Maybe they had planned to turn her into the other vampire, Wilhelm, to use as an experiment.

“I-I can’t go back to that, please, I don’t want to be… Just take the bag if that the problem.” Her mind had jumped back to what Sharpeeta had said about not ever finding a free lunch and Eliza would rather starve than be used because of something she owes someone. She couldn’t, wouldn’t, be turned into a slave again. She was stronger now they couldn’t take her. She took two steps back and threw the bag to Gurpreet, getting herself ready to bolt, willing to leave the bag behind if it meant her freedom.

(Just to make it clear cuz idk if that made sense at the end: She associated the "stashing" as being put back into chains and stored away to be used possibly because of owing Gurpreet for the bag of blood.) Ishtarran Ishtarran Ubertide Ubertide

"Well ain't that just peachy." Gurpreet let out a dusty laugh with a shake of her head, "Playin' hero with no plan to run on, you might be bitin' off more than you can chew cousin." She smirked at Peter before pausing and glancing over to the panicked newborn, snatching the bag as it was tossed at her, "Hey easy now, ain't no one doin' nothin' you ain't want mate. Just talkin' 'bout where we're gonna situate you now that you're well...one of us." She shrugged before tossing the bag to Peter, "I already ate an hour ago, make sure she finishes it up."

Sharpeeta's arm effortlessly shifted into place, catching the bag with his right hand without even thinking about it for a split second. "You have a point, but I've acted on plenty worse impulses and lived, kindred. I will." He waved Gurpreet off with a faint trace of what could in some worlds be considered a smile.

His attention then shifted to Eliza. "Eliza, I'm sure you've been through a lot, and you have no reason to trust me or any of the cold ones in these tunnels after what you've been through. In spite of that, you need to understand this: you're a member of the walking dead now, just like us. A monster, cursed to sup only on blood for however much longer you last. I can't vouch for anyone else down here," he found himself momentarily grimacing, then looked directly into her eyes and added "but I certainly have nothing to gain in shackling you again and using you as a resource, like cattle. You would serve all of us down here better in learning what you are now. You need to control your appetite, your powers, take a trade... but all in due time."

He held the blood bag out to her. "Please. Come with me and let me explain."

LunaticLove LunaticLove

The Trash Queen let out a barking laugh as the man spoke, seeming highly amused, "What are ya mate, some kinda tragic playwright?" She scoffed as she mimed wiping a tear from her amber eyes. "Hey, only you uncultured westerners consider cattle as a resource." She pointed at him sharply before she waved the pair of and abruptly turned, "Anyway, I've done stuck my nose in your business as much as I'd like to and I'm gonna piss off now; come see me if you need a fix any time mate." She winked over her shoulder to Eliza with a smirk, "My stuff is legit and dirt cheap."

"Like, whoa man, you sound like my dad. There's more to life than wearing a suit, getting up early, and working. Like you should be a dove man, be a cool head instead" a disheveled looking vampire says in the tunnels of The Nest. The flow of vampires walking through the tunnels back and forth as Johnny Mercury speaks standing in the middle of the traffic to a vampire who is..........................not impressed. "You should share the wealth man. The blood is the nectar of life. It's a beautiful thing. Don't turn off and catch some rays man. I'm getting some heavy vibes"
The well dressed vampire scoffs at Johnny and looks as though he's had enough. "You need to get a job or earn your own keep and supplies...............and change your clothes. Those are probably the same clothes you wore when you first got turned!" The vampire in the black blood market says. "I'm trying to earn a living and make some money here huh?"

Johnny pulls out the acoustic guitar strapped to his back. "It's all about sharing man. The way the moon, the stars, and the clouds share the skies man. It's all cherry. I'll give you this song man that's nectar to the soul and we'll share the nectar that's for the body man(blood)."
Johnny begins:

"House upon the hill
Moon is lying still
Shadows of the trees
Witnessing the wild breeze
Come on baby run with me
Let's ru-"

Johnny stops as the vampire packs up his wares and angrily storms off. Other vampires in the immediate area shake their heads and continue walking to their destinations or looking at what the black blood market has to offer.

Wandering through the tunnels, Johnny finishes singing the song that he started moments ago out loud as he walks with no destination. The song in his soul leading him through this dark Nest as vampires continue to walk by while he sings.

"Run with me
Run with me
Run with me
Let's run"

"Some outlaws lived by the side of a lake
The minister's daughter's in love with the snake
Who lives in a well by the side of the road
Wake up, girl, we're almost home "

Johnny stretches out his arms as he finishes the song and hugs the first body in his path without even seeing or knowing who it is.
"Hello, I love you will you tell me your name?" he says as he holds a particular and infamous shroud kin vampire in his arms.....................Gurpreet!

Ubertide Ubertide

She grunted as her retreat was interrupted by....a complete stranger. She scowled at him and shoved him off as she spat, "The hell you high on mate? Piss off."
Funeral Funeral

"Sister" he begins. He puts his guitar back behind his back. "Join me" he says. "I have a plan, a plan to undo all the pain, bloodshed, and suffering." He says looking into her eyes.

"The best feelings you'll ever experience are yet to happen. Once we unite Mary. I don't know your name but you look like a Mary."

He takes out his guitar again, "So will you come with me outside tonight and see the world so I can convince you of my cause? If you say no, maybe I can convince you with a song"
Johnny clears his throat and gets ready to play a song again..........

Ubertide Ubertide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back