• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy We are the Cursed - Settings

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Shog

The Infinite Being
devan-map.jpg

Locations

• The land of Waipara is currently divided into six kingdoms: Bandar, Hasa, Japura, Deva, Tanjung, and Camorin. Each are different from one another both culturally and geographically. This RP takes place in a fantasy medieval age and Waipara is a bit larger than Europe. The countries are mostly blank slates, so if you want to add something to a articular country then there is a good chance I'll add it if you ask.

Additional Landmarks:
    • Anselm Hills: The range of hills north of the Anselm Forest.
    • Athrum Mountains: The western mountain range.
    • Crag Lands: A canyon-filled region north of the Hasa River and South of the Ebony Wall.
    • Ebony Wall: The great black wall between Bandar and Hasa.
    • Greater Tiber River: The river that flows from the Athrum Mountains to the east coast. It splits into the Northern and Southern Tiber Rivers south-east of Denpasser.
    • Hasan Desert: The desert south-east of the Hasa River
    • Malik River: The river flowing from the Orrik Mountains to Malim.
    • Orrik Mountains: The eastern mountain range.

*I do not own the map*

Races

• There are many races in Waipara and they don't have to be limited to those listed here. If you have an idea for a new race, just shoot me a PM with your idea and how you think they'd fit into the world. I don't want it to become too densely populated so I may cut it off at some point. I won't allow animal-people because it just seems like overkill to me, but if you have some justification (probably magic based) for a small population to exist then I'll consider it. Bear in mind, however, if I get too many requests for these ultra-rare races just so your character can be super unique then I will cut it off. Besides, you shouldn't have to rely on your character's race to make them unique.

Lore

I'll add to this section as needed, so if you have anything you'd like to add please send me a PM and we'll talk it over.

• Well preserved historical records go back several thousand years before they disappear entirely. There is evidence of civilization from tens of thousands of years ago, but the written records from that time period are difficult to translate and not well preserved. No one knows how that civilization collapsed or what happened in the subsequent years. This gap is history is referred to as the Dark Age. Several ruins from before (or possibly even during) the Dark Age dot the land. The most notable are the Ebony Wall, the ruined portions of Athion, Milan, Elvissa, and Malcor in Deva, and two of Tanjung's Seven Secret Wonders.

Monsters

Placeholder

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back