• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy We are the Cursed - OOC

When do you want to start?

• ASAP

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • When Shog gets back.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Shog

The Infinite Being
Here's the general chat. Feel free to chat among yourselves and ask questions

Shog Shog
So do our curses have to be actual magical curses or is it a more general use of the word and can apply to anything that causes problems for the character?

Shog Shog
So do our curses have to be actual magical curses or is it a more general use of the word and can apply to anything that causes problems for the character?
I'm expecting (and honestly hoping for) more magical/supernatural related curses, but it is by no means a requirement. For it to count as a curse it just needs to be something that severely hinders or harms your character (this is a loose and flexible definition and something to be taken with a grain of salt). Making it non-magical could actually be quite difficult. If you're looking to physically handicap your character then it'd have to be fairly extreme to make it as bad as some of the other curses, in which case you'd need some pretty spectacular skills to be able to still be viable in this adventure. I'd say that an -ism (racism, sexism, etc.) wouldn't be a curse either (unless you're playing some race that is utterly despised by society as a whole, but that still leads to other problems). Whatever it is, I'm open to suggestions. You can always try and talk your way into getting what you want. Make a compelling argument (this can be appealing to my sense of humor or just be a unique idea as well) and so long as it can feasibly work in this world then I am much more likely to seriously consider it.

Last edited:
OK, so my initial character may come off as a bit edgy, and ur entirely right

Hey thanks! Yep, all he truly wants is to make cheese without being interrupted and make some art until he inevitably like chokes to death on his own tumors. Do you know how hard it is to age cheese with people bothering you all the time!?

Hey thanks! Yep, all he truly wants is to make cheese without being interrupted and make some art until he inevitably like chokes to death on his own tumors. Do you know how hard it is to age cheese with people bothering you all the time!?
Gilles has inspired me 2 follow my dreams of making cheese in a small cabin, somewhere in the Swiss Alps. Bless x

Gilles has inspired me 2 follow my dreams of making cheese in a small cabin, somewhere in the Swiss Alps. Bless x

Hold on there! Just before we get reaaaaal crazy! If he WAS blessed, he wouldn't have had tumors and wouldn't need to heroically (read: very reluctantly) venture into a quest with utter strangers now would he?

Hold on there! Just before we get reaaaaal crazy! If he WAS blessed, he wouldn't have had tumors and wouldn't need to heroically (read: very reluctantly) venture into a quest with utter strangers now would he?
From Lazarus' opinion perhaps it will help Gilles! An untold blessing from the heavens above, before he may retire to cheesemaking and uncomfortable lumps *^*

I mean in the sense that eventually yes, he can be assuredly be left alone, yeah! The real blessing would be stopping pulsating tho.

Lenny2000 Lenny2000 idalie idalie The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Aloha Loha Aloha Loha
I pulled a dumb and didn't realize I have spring break next week and will be out of the country on vacation for most of it. I leave you with two options: we can start as soon as possible (probably tomorrow) or when I get back in the country. This will be a week from Thursday or Friday. I do not leave immediately (on Sunday, I think) and will probably have some internet access while at the hotel, so I can probably maintain some connection. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and realize this is far from ideal. I have posted a poll at the top of this page for you to answer.

Whew, finally decided on what I wanted to do. Also oh hey, a poll.
Shog Shog
Personally I think these things should start as soon as possible since some people have short attention spans and can't wait a few days.

Yeah! At least get some base things up to help keep interest nice and high! Since yeah, some people can get really, really impatient.

I'm up for gettin' the ball rollin' for when ya get back! Shog Shog
Should there be a discord if anythin' to set up a quick paced OOC?

Apologizes for the short response I'm on my phone. Tornado knocked out the power. (;一_一)
It was good! And CRIkEy, remind me the pros of livin' in Northern Europe, not sure whether I wanna get flooded or follow the yellow brick road

The Gunrunner The Gunrunner Moritz Moritz
Everyone has already discussed what they get out of the deal and had a basic run down of the mission already (before the first post in the RP). This is to prevent it from dying at the "Oh but why would I help you?" stage. I don't think you need to really change anything in your posts, but it's something to keep in mind.

I'll post soon, soz, got hit with stuff and GMing

Buncha notifications didn't hit me; weird right!?

The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye - Waaas part of my initial plan gonna be legit (since yanno playing a curmudgeonly crippled tumor man) buuuut I've got stuff to work with so I'll hit a post before then!

Good news: I have WiFi and have been keeping up with the posts. I should even be able to get a post up soon.

Bad news: It'll probably be the only time I get to post before I reach an airport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back