Waterdeep Dragon Heist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrecker moves to the chest, lifting the thing up. "I'll carry it. It isn't even that heavy." He looks round the room one last time. "Are we getting out of here?"

Garret awakens and sits up slowly, gingerly patting himself down. I'm alive, that's something I guess. I feel like roasted fowl. He looks around at the others, surveying the scene around him. "Did we win?" He looks over at the unknown man in the room. "PLEASE tell me that's Floon and we can get out of here."

Goldy slowly opens her eyes. "Uh... Those were some pretty nasty burns. Thank's for the potion! Does this mean... We... won? What's next? Who needs healing?" She looks her companions and Floon over, and decides he needs healing the most out of all of them. "Sorry Garret, you look pretty hurt too but keeping Floon safe is our task here." As she says this, she casts Cure Wounds, placing a hand on Floon's shoulder. Light courses through first Sera and then him as well, closing his wounds. "Hope you'll..." She is cut off by him hugging her. She is startled at first but decides to go along with it, adding "...feel better" to end her sentence.

Upon waking and joining the conversation with his friends, Fosco pays no attention to his wounds or his failure in combat. Rather, he goes straight to Floon. "I take it yer Floon, as these boys 'ere are sayin'. I just 'ave one question for ya: is Floon Blagmaar yer real name? Yer parents must've had a vendetta. Ye' sound like a fopplin' milksop!" Fosco has a grin as in a jest, clearly not caring about any offense taken.

Sewer:

Floon blinked a few times at Fosco before scrunching his brow, "Of course it's my real name! I assure you there are many worse names in the world, and at the very least, it's not yours so I don't see why it concerns you." He adjusted his clothing, "Now I highly suggest we leave this horrid place -- I have no wish to linger. I do wish to get cleaned up, proper clothes, proper drinks, and proper food!"

Following the marks back out of the sewers, the group eventually emerges -- stinky and bloody, yet victors all the same with their ward in tow. Floon seems determined to head towards the Yawning Portal, ignoring the stares and gasps along the way. Entering into the establishment, Volo sits at a table drinking alone, his foot tapping under the table until he spots the group with a gleeful gasp. "Floon! Here I was worried you all were never to return!" Moving to embrace the group he pauses at the stench and mess, waving his fingers and muttering under his breath as you all become cleaner, and resumes his hug, squeezing Floon tightly. Gesturing you all to his table he shouts out, "A round of drinks and food for my fellows please!"

Smiling around the table as everything is brought over he takes a heavy drink before asking: "So -- how much trouble did Floon manage to find himself in?"

"Eh they were still breathing, plus I patched em up pretty good. I've had my fair share of scuffles before. But I'm glad to know a half-orc can make it with the smartest of 'em at the academy. Not everyday you hear that." as Hokk smiles at Werner.

Hokk shakes his head and giggles as he hears Fosco's joke. Upon getting out of the sewer he wipes himself off, this will have to do for now. I've certainly smelled worse in my younger days.

Once in the Yawning Portal, Hokk smiles, with a familiar and safer sight knowing he can have a nice amount of ale with the dragons he will be getting. After Werner describes the enemy Hokk gives a reassuring nod also adding, "And it seems that the local alleyblades have been looking for him. In fact, we saw one of the men from the earlier brawl." Hokk thought to himself, hopefully I didn't reveal my full hand there, but maybe some more dragons are in store after telling Volo of our findings.

As soon as they are out of the sewers Garret smiles. Thank Tymora, sun and air at last. He trudges behind the group back to the Yawning Portal, never happier to lay eyes upon it.

Appreciative to be cleaned by Volo's magics, Garret is even more gleeful for the food and ale brought to them. As he chews and drinks and pretends to pay attention to the conversation with the "great" wizard, his eyes glaze over and he is lost in his own mind.

I almost died. These people saved me. I must remember that kindness. Finishing his sustenance and feeling a little better, he tries his best to give his new companions and new benefactor his attention.

Sera followed his new friends out of the sewers and into the Yawning Portal, occasionally flinching and making remarks of their smell. Also, she would sometimes answer an onlooker's stare with a poked-out tongue. What's the matter with these people? I certainly smelled worse than now, I'm sure their pretentious asses did too.

Once at the Yawning Portal, she thanks Volo for cleaning them up. "Thank you, we really needed that! Oh gods was it a troublesome adventure! We first found these cute bird creatures - Kenkus? - but then they drew their weapons! And the worst thing was they had mistaken Floon for that lordling. Oh what must he have gone through! But then, I suppose it's for all the better, I'm not sure we'd have gone for Neverember as happily if he would have been taken further... And what if he did now what they were looking for?" She finally breathes in before continuing. "All in all, it appears the gods smiled on us today!"

The Yawning Portal:

Volo scratched his head at Werner's question, "I'm not sure ... I don't know much about the Stone myself, for obviously my interests are more focused on creatures than objects. At the very least anything a creature like that is interested in can't be good."

Floon nodded at Hokk's comment, "Yes! But the fellow here," he gestured towards Werner, "managed to scare him off quite nicely! Hopefully that won't come back to bite him later ..." Listening to Goldy's comments he smiled, adjusting his outfit, "I did manage to hold my own fairly well at least, even through the uncomfortable parts and painful parts ..."

The older mage clapped Floon on the shoulder, "Either way, it brings me a great amount of peace to see you once again, dear friend." He then turned to the party somewhat sheepishly, "I confess that I have but few coins to spare. But never let it be said that Volo reneges on a promise. Allow me to present something much more valuable." He holds out a scroll tube. "The deed to a remarkable property here in Waterdeep! We'll need a magistrate to witness the transfer of ownership. I'll arrange a meeting with one after you've inspected the estate and deemed it satisfactory."

"A... house?" asks Goldy in total disbelief. "By now I was beginning to think that they don't exist since I haven't ever been inside one! And you are telling us that we can get our own. All right, what's the catch?" She turns to Volo with a squint.

Through the haze of pain and weariness, Garret perks up at the discussion of payment. "No gold.... but property?" He slowly brings a hand up from under the table and places a dagger down, tip towards Volo. "If this is some kind of trick..." His face softens a bit. Well, this might actually be better. Might be. "We'd be happy to 'inspect the estate', but you're coming with us."

Hokk happily enjoys his drink and as he hears Volo speak of no gold, almost spitting out the ale, "Half the party almost died... and we get a property? Tempus as my witness this better be fair compensation. And you Floon, have some pride... Honor... The way we found you, you should be ashamed." Muttering under his breath Hokk slams the drink down walking away to calm himself. I knew I shouldn't have told him everything.

"I've seen what these so-called houses look from the outside, silly!" She says with a lighthearted chuckle. "But I just can't imagine what could it be like on the inside!"

The Yawning Portal:

Volo smiled at Goldy, "No catch -- just need to get the paperwork signed over and it can be all yours to do with as you please." Reaching into his pack he pulled out a scroll tube and opened it, revealing the deed, "It's the title for Trollskull Manor in the North Ward -- a bit run down, but I'm sure you all can easily turn it around and make it a shining beacon for Waterdeep once more!" Running a hand through his hair he added, "Ah ... I have business to attend to, I'm still trying to progress on my next book, which is ... why I purchased the Manor in the first place. It's supposedly haunted, and I thought it'd be perfect as my next work is Volo's Guide to Spirits and Specters!" He raised his hands, attempting to calm the table, "I promise you -- this place is worth at least if not more of what I originally offered! If you can get it going again, it'll be more coin for you than ever before!"

Finishing a swig of his drink, Floon frowned at Hokk's comment. "I'm sorry? I'm very grateful for the rescue, but are you ... angry at me for the reward not being what you thought it was?" He watched the half-orc stomp away, then looked back at the table, "It's as my dear Volo said -- and I know this myself -- if you can get the Manor running again, taverns can be quite a good source of funds."

"Ooh, I'm excited! Let's go check it out!" Exclaims Goldy. "I know we were promised money, but what good is it anyways? I haven't had more than a gold piece until a few weeks ago, and life worked out just fine! It's not money that gets you happiness." She finishes her drink and glances at her allies, ready to head out.

I suppose it's better than nothing, but certainly not 100 dragons. Walking back up to the table with a much less aggravated look, "I'm sorry for my outburst, it's uh... cultural difference I suppose. But yes Werner, should we maybe find an inn for the night? If there are some spirits, maybe we should experience it with a party ready for anything.. Thank you for the food and drink." Hokk gives a forced smile to Floon and Volo gathering his items.

Sera is suddenly overcome with today's tiring events and slumps back into her chair with a rather loud yawn. "Gods it's really late isn't it? I feel like these matters are better left for another day. I feel like some rest would do all of us good." She stretches a bit with another yawn.

As Volo continues, Garret finds himself with a second wind. "A haunted mansion? I wouldn't mind a little sleep first but I'm definitely intrigued." He slides the dagger back into his belt and smiles wide at Volo and the rest of the group. "Or maybe just a few more ales."

Hokk hears Garret's comments and finds the seat next to him, "eh, I always got something in common with a man who likes ale. A round over here please! So Garret, as a lad from Waterdeep. How'd ya come to be an adventurer or sorts? From what I've seen it seems like people can find a more honest days work if they so wish. Ya don't seem to be a hired sword of sorts."

Wrecker sighed. Those dragons would have gone a long way in starting to improve his parents' life. On the other hand, a mansion could really get his new adventuring reputation off the ground, and increase his ability to earn dragons in the long run. "I'll be upstairs should anyone need me."

As the others start to go off toward sleep, Fosco shifts closer to Volo and addresses him. He is quiet and deadly serious, with his cloak up over his little head in his usual shadowy way. He speaks only to Volo.

"Listen 'ere mister Volo. Ye may 'ave given us more value than ye promised. It may be true. But the truth is ye lied to us. Ye promised coin when ye didn't 'ave it. If this 'manor' is what ye say, I can forgive and forget, but I started this 'ere job for coin and I donn' 'preciate not gettin' what I was promised."

"I'd like to be yer friend Mister Volo. Just donn' lie to me again."

Fosco gives one last serious look at Volo and a friendly clap on the back before leaving.

Never one to shy away from a little beer and banter, Garret smiles at his companion as he sits down. "A hired sword..." He's silent for a few moments as he chews on the phrase. "Hmm, I've never been called that before. Until a few weeks ago all my 'adventuring' was done at sea. Sailor all my adult life, you see. It's only recently..." His smile falters a bit, "that I found myself without ship or crew mates. Plan to remedy that once I've got some decent coin to my name."

He takes a big swig and stares off wistfully for a moment. Then he looks at Hokk again and his face has resumed its brightness. "And what about you? You don't seem native, what brings you to our glorious city? How did you find yourself in the wizard friend hunting business?"

Hokk smiles hearing Garret's story, "A sailor in need of a ship and crew. I'm from outside Luskan so that's rather familiar to me," as he giggles taking a swig from his ale. "I came from nothing though so i had to fight my way up." smirking and proud of the joke he made he points to the tattos on his arms and chest. "These are from the arenas i've partook in from around the north, first to pay off my debts, but i grew to like it. My.. uh.. friend who used to do the money side of things unfortunately didn't make it to Waterdeep. But alas most of what I know is fighting, so its a nice change of pace to have it be for something besides just show." Hokk finishes his drink, pays the barkeep and gives Garret a nod goodbye. "Till tomorrow"

"Until tomorrow, my friend." When we see or new mansion. Garret chuckles to himself as the day catches up to him and his eyes feel heavy in his head. He stumbles upstairs, hoping to find an open bed.

Goldy lets out another yawn before heading upstairs to find herself a room to fall into. She lies down in the bed and immediately falls asleep after this long day of adventuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back