• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here

StrawberryTulipe

None of this would have happened if I was a pigeon
Mufmuf releases a long sigh . . . a trail of hot air rising in the cold as his tension, pain and over all confusion flows out of him . . .

"Damn today has been long day . . ." laying his head in his weird waterbear claws he ruminates about today's course of events.

~
The loud sound of an alarm blares in the back of his head as Mufmuf moves from being inactive to being consciously awakened in his small studio apartment,
bellowing out a loud yawn, as he stretches his 8 legs lightly, hearing the oh-so-common sounds of age creaking from his aging microbial form.
Wake-up. . . get dressed . . . F E E D . . . go to work and go back to sleep . . . thats what Mufmufs lot in life was.
He was a 23 year old pizza delivery boy who worked 9 to 5, 5 days a week. Who only by the smallest sliver of chance was able to get a girlfriend due to low lighting in run down bar across the street from his home . . . but if thats all that he got, he would take it.

Shoving a bit of plant cellular matter in his mouth, he rushes out the door with his phone in hand and a solemn bounce in his step . . .

Text to girlfriend: "Hey hun! today is our one year anniversary and im super excited to show you what i've got planned for us!"

He watches as the familiar 3 bouncing dots come into view.
'Wow shes responding so fast! she must be excited for today too!', he thought to himself, his microbial heart leaping for joy as the message finally pops up. . .
Girlfriend to Mufmuf: "We are done". . .

. . . suddenly Bumping into a stranger on the microscopic side walk he gets his 'ear' cussed out as he about drops his phone. 1 thousand thoughts racing in his head as reads those 3 words over and over and over again . . .

Mufmuf to girlfriend: "Haha funny one hun! you almost got me!"

Tears start to prickle in his eyes as he holds his breath . . . she always does this but why did she have to do a joke like that today of all days?

Girlfriend to mufmuf: "Omg you are so dense, I'm fucking serious. Like I said before I'm using you! I want your money! I was never in this for you, only me . . . plus you look like a twink, no wonder you never got your waterbear dick sucked . . . YOUR A TOTAL LOSER!"

. . . Finally dropping his small phone has his jaw falls open, the phone shatters immediately as it makes contact with waterbear concrete. LEtting the tears flow from his eyes he drops to his knees as he silently wails from the sudden realizations . . .

He is a loser . . .

~

Walking into dominos with his head down, he is exactly 2 hours late for his shift . . .

"MUFMUF!" A loud voice booms over his shoulder, making him quake in his 8 shoes.

"Y-yes sir?!" Letting out a small squeak, mufmuf turns to his superior as tears still prickle in the corner of his 'eyes'. . .

"Your late . . ." The older man whispers these under his breath making Mufmuf nervous,
"AGAIN" . . . ah there it was, the loud yelling and demeaning voice his boss always gives him.

"Y-yes s-sir! I'm sorry sir! I-I had a rough. . ." his lips quiver as he's so abruptly cut off from the older man.

"Your fired, get out"

. . .

He bites his lip roughly, drawing a small bit of blood as he turns on his heel and marches back out the familiar door for the final time.

~

Dragging his feet for who-knows-how-long, he finally plops a seat infront of a random ally in the random part of the town.
Mufmuf releases a long sigh . . . a trail of hot air rising in the cold as his tension, pain and over all confusion flows out of him . . .
Why has today been so terrible?! Why today of all days!? . . .

curling into his 6 other knees he silently cries to himself as he's unknowingly placed himself in a bad waterbear boys view. . .

Mary wasn’t happy. Not one bit.
She tapped her waterbear feet anxiously and shook her eyeless, earless head. She wasn’t a classy waterbear, but she was a timely one and on the day before 4/20, the last thing she wanted was to be waiting for Rico in the parking lot of Watermart. It’s Cannabis Christmas eve and Mary was Santa Claus. She had places to be and product to push...

Mary ran her hand across her head, imagining what it would be like to have a full head of hair like mammal. Mary deeply wished to be human. She would use her power and enormous size to get away from this menial waterbear life and live as a bank teller or a housekeeper. She dreamed of having long lavender hair past her shoulders. Oh and shoulders! She dreamed of shoulders that she could shrug ambivalently. Anyway, enough dreaming.

Mary heaved sigh from her elongated snoot and sat in the back of her beaten-down waterbear van where she lived. It wasn’t a glamourous vehicle, but it was hers. The chlorophyll-green paint job shimmered in the sun and all 8 tires shone like fresh black tar. This was Samantha, Mary’s valiant, tiny steed in this crazy world.

Finally, Mary heard in the distance. RIco’s nagging , abrasive voice from across the street. They were shaking down what appeared to be a young gangly pizza boy. ‘Eh,’ She thought. ‘Money is money and Rico is Rico’ she practiced shrugging.
She smiled as Rico approached her. They walked into the alleyway and Mary’s face got serious. “It wasn’t nice what you did to that boy just now” she said flatly pulling a wad of plant matter from her moist skin folds. "I don't know how long I'll be taking your dirty money for, Rico...."

Last edited:

Octo walked home that night, his three pairs of clown shoes squeaking loudly against the waterbear pavement. He hadn't bothered to change that evening before leaving waterbear clown college. He was too excited! He had been saving the fluid from a blueberry cell to C O N S U M E for that evening.

To many, it would be considered a trivial thing.

Sadly, Octo had little to look forward to in his life.

His parents had been consumed by a larger waterbear when he was young. So, he was left to raise himself and his twenty-six siblings. He went to clown college after work every day, wanting to pursue his own passions after leaving his job and earning a living for his family. These evenings, when he went to school and walked home, were the only times he truly got to himself.

Octo had just moved to take another squeaky step when he heard the sound of a fight. Pausing behind the corner of the alleyway, he listened in curiously. He hurriedly hid when the punk passed him and walked down the waterbear street. Turning into the waterbear alleyway, Octo hesitantly approached where Mufmuf laid.

"Oh, howdy, partner!" He drawled after removing the clown nose from his snout to speak. "Why, I don't reckon you need any help from lil' ol' me, do ye?"

A sudden, sharp kick to his small side, quickly snapped him out of self loathing existence and back into his harsh water bear reality.

"H-hey! you ca- " with his voice cracking into a high pitch, he tries his damnedest to sound tough . . . but soon enough cowers as he looks up to the larger, rougher and tougher water bear looming above him. Quickly cutting his own protests mid sentence as not to aggravate the one who could obviously eat him in 2 measly bites. but instead. . . simply rolling over as he took the fist of the purple ones full force with a sharp and pained inhale, he allows his microbial possessions fall straight out onto the water bear concrete.

Watching with large and watery eyes as those glistening pink finger nails, took the all his hard earned delivery tip money. . .

He stays as still as he possibly could, waiting for the 'tha thunk' of the thugs boots to fade into the distance, before finally uncurling his hurting body with a small sigh.

the word 'loser' echoing in the back of his head once more.

That thug wasn't wrong . . . he is a loser . . . and an even bigger one more so then before, for not standing up to an shit like that mo hawked haired asshole! . . . but what was he to do? . . . He's much smaller then most and can barely life a tote of un cooked water bear pizza dough without breaking his back.

~

Lost in thought once more, he couldn't tell how much time at past before he heard a slow southern drawl, 'suddenly' 'sneak up' on him as he still laid pathetically on the water bear concrete.

"N-no! I d-don't . . ." coughing nervously into his claw he soothes his own bustling nerves ". . . no I dont need help . . . but thank you"
Finally getting to his own 8 legs with a grunt, he tries to keep his freckled, burning face down along with his watering eyes but soon notices the bright colorful clown shoes making his head snap up at the wig wearing water bear.
Sniffling a bit at the 'bear' before him, his damp eyes finally go dry as he curiously looks the other 'up' and 'down'. . . slowly analyzing the character before him as he leans down with a pained look to grab his trucker hat and wallet. . .

"D-do you need help? . . . strange. . . down town clown . . . 'bear?"

Mary’s snoot dropped in awe. She had always considered herself a free spirit, a waterbear with no rules and nothing to tie her down. If something ever went bad she could always just pack up Samantha and head a few inches out of town, start a new life. She had never really given much thought to dating other waterbears because she had always been on the move and supporting herself since she was a watercub…

But Rico?

Something about how their waterbear style and carefree nature was… attractive? Rico was a bad boy, but was he really a bad boy? She always fancied herself a fixer upper. Mary couldn't figure out what she was feeling. Is it the compulsory need to breed written into her micro microscopic DNA? Was it the pressures of society’s monogamous culture telling her to find her other half? Whatever it was, Mary couldn’t help but imagine how Ricos plump, squishy body felt against hers.

“Tonight~” She said with the sides of her waterbear snoot upturned into a microscopic grin. “I’ll give you a chance, kid, but this time don’t be late!”

The two bears parted ways and Mary stepped into the back of her waterbear van, Samantha.

“Oh, Samantha…” She mused to herself while looking for an appropriate date outfit. “What about my dreams of being a human? Will Rico think I’m a freak like my parents?”
Mary slipped on her sexiest little black dress and posed in the mirror. She reared up on two legs, which was difficult, but it made her feel less waterbear…. More…. herself.

Mary felt herself transport back the day that her waterbear parents kicked her out…

“You’ll never understand me!! My body is a waterbear, but my SOUL is a human!” Young Mary shreiked from the tiny curb of her parent’s microscopic house. “You’re a FREAK, Mary!!!” Her mother sobbed. Her father was busying himself throwing all of Mary’s human memorabilia onto the curb.

Mary came to, laying in the back of Samantha. She looked wistfully around at her van, covered with drawings of her human-sona, Anne, her purple hair flowing over her smooth, dry shoulders. Anne’s purple hair reminded her of Rico’s purple dyed skin. ‘Would Rico still love me if I were Anne? Would humans even accept me into their society? Maybe Rico could treat me like REAL a human woman…’ Mary practiced turning her snoot up into a human grin.

“Fuck it”

Last edited:
Cynric just happened to be sitting his plump waterbear behind on a bench while all of this went down. If he was properly assessing the situation correctly, a punk had beat someone up for their lunch money, bought microjuana with it, swooned a lady waterbear, and the loser who got beat up was currently befuddled by the clown waterbear that stood before them. If he hadn't been witness to the whole thing, he would've thought nothing more of this and labeled it strictly nonsense. What right did a waterbear have to be so active in their tiny life? He sat there silently in thought before acknowledging that this meant he had some work to do.

The waterbear stretched his black claws and stood, disappearing into thin water before much longer.

He appeared beside the clown and the loser, ducking his waterbear head into the alleyway; the tall male was scrawny, yet he seemed to be less threatening than most waterbears for whatever reason. Much like a shepherd, he was soft-spoken and gentle.
"My, my, what seems to be the issue here?" As if he didn't already know. "Is everybody alright?" He bent down and offered a claw to help the pizza delivery boy up off the pavement.

Cynric decided to ignore the fact that there was a waterbear clown beside him, but he had to admit, whatever story he had to tell, this demon was interested. It intrigued him, it was such a bold career for a waterbear, but he respected the audacity and courage that waterbear had to do it anyway. Might he even say he felt inspired by it?

. . . No, no inspiration bubbled inside him. He really wasn't sure what he was thinking there.

"Oh, my apologies, let me introduce myself. They call me Cynric. I just happened to notice you're a bit down on your luck over here. You are, after all, curled up on the cold ground of a dirty alleyway. I can't imagine your life is going very well right now, lad."

Refusing to put those claws away, he waited for the lump of a waterbear on the ground to take the help. If he couldn't even do that much, the poor guy would never be able to do anything else for himself either. He had to admit to himself, the clown bugged him out a little, but he would still keep his composure under the circumstances.

Mufmuf’s body twitched in a weird angle, as a seemingly gentle water bear approached him. Not knowing where this gangly stranger came from made him a tad bit uneasy . . . Or it did. . . Until, the man bear started to soothingly introduce himself. Mufmuf couldn’t seem to keep his simple eyes off him as he told him, his name . . . Cynric. . . just his name oddly compelled him to stay in the conversation, despite every little primal part of his water bear body telling him to run.

‘Maybe he’s not so bad???’, Mufmuf thought to himself as his body unwilling moved to accept the outstretched claw. That was when the already-dark bruise on his side started to scream at his every movement, causing him to roll up again on the ground. Shakily breathing through the strings of pain that weaved its way through his body.

“T-thanks but . . . give me a moment, that a-asshat nailed me just right.” Awkwardly rolling his chubby water bear body on the ground, he was eventually able to get up on his own 8 tiny legs, in a display of pure embarrassment.
Keeping his freckled face down, he too introduces himself . . . but in a much less eloquent way. . .
“Ye, my name is Muffy . . . or m-mufmuf . . . whichever is fine”. Pausing for a moment, Mufmuf begins to pick up his fallen water bear possessions with grunts of pain.

“Is my bad luck really that obvious to an outside eye? . . . oh for damned-able sake, I’m sorry for any inconvenience I caused” Finally getting his hat back on his freckled head, Mufmuf sigh’s to himself as he turns to limp himself back home. . .

. . . except . . . he had no idea where he was . . . and he was a smol water bear in down town beartown, barely able to walk without gasps of pain. Slowly turning back around to Cynric, Mufmuf squeaks embarrassingly under his breath. . .

“D-do you know how to get back to Tardigrade lane from here?”

“Mary! My radiant beauty! I have arrived!!!” Mary heard Rico approach as smoke whispered out of her tiny slurping orifice. ‘How poetic!’ She thought to herself! ‘So romantic like from a play by Shakesbear!”

She was dressed to the nine’s with her little black dress accentuating her lumpy, curvy , squishy figure. She stood a little taller with a stiletto heel on each of her 6 feet and her claws were painted a deep maroon with a piece of a cranberry she found earlier. She was going for a punky vampiric look from a human graphic novel she read once called ‘Blood: It’s what’s for dinner.”. Mary figured that bad boys must want bad girls, right? She turned her snoot downward into a moody ‘pout.’

‘I am SO hawt rn….’

She wasn’t sure if it was the light of the rising moon, or the Lemon Algae Haze she was smoking on, but Rico looked extra fine tonight! She spied, in his claw, a purple bud! Her heart leapt, ‘What a gentlebear!’ she swooned as he approached. She took the bud and placed it in a coffee mug from her van. It wasn’t a nice vase, but it was the mug she drank from every morning, so she felt it was probably the nicest ‘vase’ she owned.She raised the mug up so he could see and flashed a silly grin and set the mug on the roof of Samantha bathed in the moonlight.

She scooted over close to Rico and took his claw in hers. “So what’s the….” Mary began before she was assaulted with a pungent odor. Rico smelled like rancid cheese and gasoline. “.... the! The plan! What is the plan! For tonight!” Mary stifled a gag as the odor of cheap cologne and garbage overwhelmed her. Rico LOOKED like a million bucks, but stank like the dumpster behind the pizza place and musty aerosol body spray!!! ‘Okay keep it together, Mary.’ She thought to herself while breathing out of her mouth. ‘Nobody is perfect and Rico is definitely a fixer upper…! Give him a chance…. He brought you a flower. He MUST be a good guy.’

What a compliant little waterbear. Yes, this one would do quite nicely.

Cynric, upon helping the waterbear up, pointed his shoot out of the alleyway. "Yes, of course, I'll help you get there if you'd like, my friend, but I think it would be more beneficial to you to visit the hospibear, first." Looking over at the clownish waterbear, he sighed in defeat; the two of them would likely be in the same vicinity for a bit longer. He then walked towards the street while checking back for Octo over his lumpy shoulder with his snout. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name, you wouldn't happen to have a clown car, too, would you?" The remark was exasperated, tired, and unenthusiastic. That clown was the last waterbear with whom he would like to get chummy for the time being, but this poor micro-organism was going to need a lift home or to the hospital, and Cynric was not about to carry him there on his back.

He could, if he wanted, just teleport them there, yet today he really didn't feel that making a scene would be the good option to choose. As the demon and the likely-going-to-be-a-cripple-forever exited the alleyway, the sunlight seemed a little blinding. Regardless, Cynric still attempted to search for the clown's infamous car.

"We haven't got all day, so let's please be hasty."

Mufmuf’s already-large waterbear eyes quickly widened even larger, as the word “Hospibear” processed its way through his simple brain.
“Fuck No! ” were the choice words Mufmuf belted out as his snoot quivered rapidly. “I-I mean, n-no . . . t-thank you. I-I’ll be fine, I promise . . .I just need to go home and rest”.
Gripping onto an old, and tarnished cross, Mufmuf nervously stroked the silver as horrid memories filled his head. . . He normally isn’t such a potty mouth in front of such pleasant company, but there was no way in hell he was gonna go to a hospibear, not even if it costed him his microbial life.
So with an awkward cough to settle his nerves, he eventually spoke with a voice barely raised above a whisper. “So please, Mr. Cynric. If you’d be so kind to show me the way back to Tardigrade lane, I’d be much indebted”.

Mary managed a stoned grin as she watched Rico puzzle over what to do. She had no problem watching Rico’s handsome featureless face dream up the possibilities, but she did hope he would come up with something soon.Mary crinkled her nose at the burning stink in the air coming from all over Rico’s body. The foul stench of BO (Bear Odor) lingered in the air, musty and salty. ‘A little like hot dog water and roadkill…’ Mary thought to herself…

Finally! After a long time of contemplation, Rico had an idea. A place he spoke very fondly of, Waterbear Pointe. Mary had heard about Waterbear Pointe, but never been there. Sounded romantic anyway!

So off they went.

Once they were almost to their destination, it became overwhelmingly apparent to Mary that stinky ol Rico had never worn heels before! The path they followed zigzagged through various rough and sharp obstacles. The ground was uneven and it wasn’t long before Mary’s sexy little dress was caught in the jagged flora. “Damn these heels!” She exclaimed and hurled each one into the pointy brush. ‘This night better be worth it! Those were the nicest shoes I owned!!!’ She thought to herself.

Mary and Rico finally made it through the spiky path. This was a great relief to Mary who was trying to manage breathing heavily from the hike and not inhaling too much of Rico’s stink at the same time. She was TIRED and Rico’s foul stench almost made her lose her microbial cookies, but they finally made it. Mary looked around at the scene in front of her. She had never seen a sky so vast and full.
“It-It’s beautiful!” Mary declared, still trying to breathe through her mouth and not her nose. “It’s so beautiful… that...I…” Mary felt her eyes well up with tears. She had never seen something so big and glittery in her whole life. “It’s so beautiful that I could KISS you Rico!” Mary took a soft claw to Rico’s plump, lumpy, microscopic face and leaned in close. (While still breathing through her mouth)

Cynric's wide grin faded. He had never seen a waterbear in such bad shape so reluctant to go to the hospibear. This one must have had a few proteins missing when his microbial formed came about. This had made him sigh, but nod in agreement. "Sure, sure. I must say that you don't make a lick of sense to me, but I will respect your wishes. Tardigrade was it?" Seeing as the clown had disappeared into thin air, leaving Cynric spooked and on edge, he ushered the beaten waterbear around the corner of the alley and towards their destination. When they reached Tardigrade Lane, he stopped and looked over at the waterbear who seemed to be growing more tired by the second. "So where are we going from here?" As much as he wanted to, Cynric knew that it was not the time for mind games. Now was the time to gain his trust, and that required courtesy and formality, with some informality sprinkled in too, he was sure. This wasn't his first rodeo.

"I'm no mind reader," he proclaimed, but I am quite the liar, his brain extrapolated.

The scoundrel decided that it was probably best to sit the waterbear down for a second to catch their breath and get their bear-ings. Once Cynric was elucidated regarding the bear's home, he continued to carry the heap of a bear's dead weight to his apartment. Before entering himself, he made sure that he had this bear's full permission to enter the domicile. "I don't want to intrude, but if you'd like me to, I would not mind coming in and making sure that you're okay~" His voice almost felt, flirtatious? It seemed to work on his other clients, and this sad sack probably wasn't going to be any different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back