• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Warring States: Asian Mythology Roleplay

Field Marshall

Eight Thousand Club
I was thinking of doing a roleplay taking place in a fictional land based on Asian Mythologies including but not limited Buddhist, Hindu, Chinese, and Japanese mythology. It's probably going to be an action adventure roleplay. Expect to see a lot of variety within this roleplay, for example I may play an Onmyouji but the next guy might play an Asura, Samurai, Monk, etc. Players don't actually have to be knowledgeable on these things because the internet allows us to look these things up and pool them into ideas, though it would be nice to have few people having some knowledge of these things whether through anime, videogames, etc.

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing a roleplay taking place in a fictional land based on Asian Mythologies including but not limited Buddhist, Hindu, Chinese, and Japanese mythology. It's probably going to be an action adventure roleplay. Expect to see a lot of variety within this roleplay, for example I may play an Onmyouji but the next guy might play an Asura, Samurai, Monk, etc. Players don't actually have to be knowledgeable on these things because the internet allows us to look these things up and pool them into ideas, though it would be nice to have few people having some knowledge of these things whether through anime, videogames, etc.
Interested!

I am wondering what kind of plot I should do. I was thinking maybe a Warring States kind of thing for this one but maybe a group is trying to end tthe war and restore peace.

I'm interested as well~

Maybe :bishiesparklesl: holy scriptures :bishiesparklesr: were stolen from a neutral nation-state and we need to get them back. ^;3^

Sounds good :csmile:

Will this world be leaning more realistic, or would there be plenty of youkai and other non-human creatures roaming about?

Aristasy Aristasy mkuchiha mkuchiha Squad141 Squad141 RANGYOKU RANGYOKU

So I think I finally have a main story idea for this Roleplay

I was thinking it's a world at war with counties going to war with each other and some nation broiled in civil war. Ultimately this is one chaotic and divided world, a warlord sets out to unite the world through force or diplomacy not for his own ambitions but for the greater good of the world.

Aristasy Aristasy mkuchiha mkuchiha Squad141 Squad141 RANGYOKU RANGYOKU Dante Verren Dante Verren
Sorry about that, that previous post was meant for the other one

Who wants to be who? As in what kind of Character ideas do you guys have so far and who wants to be the Warlord trying to unite the world. I want to play a ninja who serves the warlord.
1200px-Eastern_World.PNG

The world is a smaller Version of Earth and only the highlighted lands exist in addition to various mythological realms connected to Earth. The actual countries won't exist, for example China will be split into the three kingdoms and Japan will be split amongst it's islands and provinces. This is where the world building comes in because you will have the chance to create the nation's of the world.

Are you still accepting people? I am quite interested(Getting major Arslan Senki and Kingdom vibes from this RP)
I haven't watched those but I know what they are and your are definitely right as far as I can tell. Yes we are still accepting.

I haven't watched those but I know what they are and your are definitely right as far as I can tell. Yes we are still accepting.

I never got far into Kingdom, I was a bit turned off by the style...

Arlsan Senki on the other hand is great. This also reminds me of Oda Nobunaga and his quest to unite all of Japan.

Oh, that gave me an Idea for a character! Also thanks for letting me join, been forever since I RP'd with ya, Garuda!

Field Marshall Field Marshall I have a question.

Is it acceptable if my character, is also a warlord(Obviously not the main warlord trying to unite the world, but a small time Japanese one?)

@Guruda,

I would also like to ask if you have set factuions for the chinese kingdoms or if I could make my own taht went hand in hand with the CHinese lore of course.

In that case it may take me a while to finish everything I want to do with it. Will there be a place to submit our factions at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back