• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader

Want to try a Tau-Campaign?

• Yes, for the Greater Good!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, that's Heresy!

• Not officially Tau-Aligned per say, but maybe have them heavily involved anyways.

• Let's try that Interex idea!

• Total voters

Protagonist

One Thousand Club
Anyone want to trade in a most roguish manner? That is to say, play Rogue Trader?

Fair warning, this'd be my first time GMing a Rogue Trader game, and I'm not that familiar with WH40K lore. However, the book looked interesting, so I bought it, and I read it. It still looks like it could be fun.

Here's an idea I have for a twist:

My character (the Rogue Trader) would actually be a guy from Interex who was cryogenically frozen and was only recently unfrosted. He quickly manages to get a ship and start flying around the galaxy, picking people up. He might even become a fugitive from justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a slightly different idea just now:

Instead of Tau, what we do is we have the Rogue Trader be a guy from Interex during the 31st millenium who got caught in a warp storm and was sent to the 41st millenium. Essentially, we get to be our own faction this way.

Protagonist said:
I had a slightly different idea just now:
Instead of Tau, what we do is we have the Rogue Trader be a guy from Interex during the 31st millenium who got caught in a warp storm and was sent to the 41st millenium. Essentially, we get to be our own faction this way.
I'd be all for that. And I'm still interested in doing this.

Oh, by the way, does anyone here need the book? I can email a copy if you like. Shoot me a PM if you need one.

If it's alright with you, I'll start putting together a character. Any specific requests for what he's like or backstory or anything? Anything you want me to do?

Want me to roll characteristics or use the assignment system?

Arch-Militant. Other than that, it depends on if I need to stick to the Origin Path's 'adjacent or directly below' system. For example, I find it really annoying that under normal circumstances Death World and Stubjack cannot both be chosen.

Current planned Origin Path, if I can have two allowances, is Death World, Stubjack, Criminal (Judged and Found Wanting), Calamity, Endurance, Arch-Militant.

Grew up on a desert Death World and managed to become a sort of hired gun for tribesmen there, travelling from place to place and generally cutting out a living as a merc. Eventually he wronged enough people that some of them caught up to him and tortured him and stuff, taking his eye. Then they hung him out on a rock in the desert and left him to die. He lived and decides that he's had enough of this shit, so he's getting off the planet and away from his past ASAP. Manages it through sneaking aboard an Imperial ship that was taking away a new IG regiment that had been recruited from the planet.

Said ship got fucked over by the warp, and they were stuck there for quite a while, maybe a year or two, and the gellar field started messing up occasionally. He survived that, although witnessed exactly the depths that people would sink to when it came down to it. Eventually the ship came out alright, but most of the ship was dead and the rest, barring the guy, were gone insane to various degrees. From there, somehow came into contact with whoever the Rogue Trader is. Maybe the ship turned up as basically a wreck, and the Rogue Trader explored it with his crew and stuff. My guy manages to impress him by not only being the sole sane survivor, but being a very capable fighter. So he's taken on, and my guy swears a blood oath or something to the Rogue Trader that he'd serve loyally at his/her side in return for saving his life.

Sound decent? Anything you want me to change?

Fezzes said:
Arch-Militant. Other than that, it depends on if I need to stick to the Origin Path's 'adjacent or directly below' system. For example, I find it really annoying that under normal circumstances Death World and Stubjack cannot both be chosen.
Current planned Origin Path, if I can have two allowances, is Death World, Stubjack, Criminal (Judged and Found Wanting), Calamity, Endurance, Arch-Militant.

Grew up on a desert Death World and managed to become a sort of hired gun for tribesmen there, travelling from place to place and generally cutting out a living as a merc. Eventually he wronged enough people that some of them caught up to him and tortured him and stuff, taking his eye. Then they hung him out on a rock in the desert and left him to die. He lived and decides that he's had enough of this shit, so he's getting off the planet and away from his past ASAP. Manages it through sneaking aboard an Imperial ship that was taking away a new IG regiment that had been recruited from the planet.

Said ship got fucked over by the warp, and they were stuck there for quite a while, maybe a year or two, and the gellar field started messing up occasionally. He survived that, although witnessed exactly the depths that people would sink to when it came down to it. Eventually the ship came out alright, but most of the ship was dead and the rest, barring the guy, were gone insane to various degrees. From there, somehow came into contact with whoever the Rogue Trader is. Maybe the ship turned up as basically a wreck, and the Rogue Trader explored it with his crew and stuff. My guy manages to impress him by not only being the sole sane survivor, but being a very capable fighter. So he's taken on, and my guy swears a blood oath or something to the Rogue Trader that he'd serve loyally at his/her side in return for saving his life.

Sound decent? Anything you want me to change?
That'd be a perfectly acceptable backstory, sure!

How many players and/or characters are you looking for? If you want, I can make another character. You can set some things for what you want him/her t be, too.

Fezzes said:
How many players and/or characters are you looking for? If you want, I can make another character. You can set some things for what you want him/her t be, too.
Players and characters, I'd like at least 3 (not including myself).

Currently, we have two.

Playing a second player could be cool. I'm thinking maybe a Harlequin or a Tau character would be cool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back