• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Warhammer 40k: Renegades

Okay then tech priest is out as they would be a tech adept in level of stuff no doubt
I mean if thats what you want sure, but the characters will almost definitely lose contact with the ship pretty early on, and Im trying to keep the party together at least at the start of it all.

I mean coukd turn that into a plot point how they still have contact despite the noosphere being down. The dark mechanicum has ways of doing things the mechsnicus can't

I mean coukd turn that into a plot point how they still have contact despite the noosphere being down. The dark mechanicum has ways of doing things the mechsnicus can't
And what will she do if the Sun Strider is blown out of orbit when Mattius' patrons lose warp superiority

At least until the away team is geared enough that a simple auto gun isn't a game breaker. Perhaps after they get to the point where a person with actual gear can be balanced. You can't fight starving peasants weilding sharpened bits of metal forever.

At least until the away team is geared enough that a simple auto gun isn't a game breaker. Perhaps after they get to the point where a person with actual gear can be balanced. You can't fight starving peasants weilding sharpened bits of metal forever.
>an autogun isnt game breaking. Mattius wields a powersword, Keanan is a grenadier and Rakka has a bolter.

>your old OC was overpowered, dont be salty about it. She didnt have "actual gear" they were an unkillable terminator

>Im trying to avoid spoilers but the enemies will range from hivegangers to PDF heavy weapon companies

You can make it work, but being an indestructable mary sue isnt going to be accepted.

>an autogun isnt game breaking. Mattius wields a powersword, Keanan is a grenadier and Rakka has a bolter.

Given you and players will be keeping track of bolts will ypu be keeping track if power sword charge and grenade count?

So dont play as anything beyond a minimally augmented tech adept?
Not funplaying the tech faction type when you wouldn't honestly have the tech being pretty much the unpaid intern.

Given you and players will be keeping track of bolts will ypu be keeping track if power sword charge and grenade count?

Not funplaying the tech faction type when you wouldn't honestly have the tech being pretty much the unpaid intern.
Yah Im keeping track of all that stuff.

I’ve sketched out a shortish backstory as well as some bullet point details (appearance, equipment, etcetera) for my character. I also created his co-pilot, who will — I would imagine — typically remain inside the dropship and babysit it whenever my character goes off adventuring/pirating.

I’ve sketched out a shortish backstory as well as some bullet point details (appearance, equipment, etcetera) for my character. I also created his co-pilot, who will — I would imagine — typically remain inside the dropship and babysit it whenever my character goes off adventuring/pirating.
heck ya, feel free to share it with us

Well, this certainly does seem interesting. Mind if this Skeleton were to toss his hat into the ring?

Well, the idea I have for a character so far, while isn’t exact, is something that I have in mind. Mostly regarding a former PDF (still thinking about what planet he used to be stationed on) that defected as soon as things started to get a little bit ‘chaotic’ (literally Chaos or figuratively in the sense of something going extremely wrong), and fled the first chance he got while also ‘borrowing’ some equipment that folk weren’t keeping a good eye on. I was thinking that he would either wield an Lasgun or possibly a Autogun (with a bayonet attached of course) with an Heavy Weapon or in his case, ‘Use when in emergency’ sort of things such as either a Plasma Gun, Melta Gun, or even a smaller portable version of the Heavy Stubber depending on what weapon is chosen. As for personality and such, I was thinking he would be moreso a cautious and quiet individual who is simply going along with everything in order to save his own hide.

As for appearances, he would probably wear something such as this but it’s still an concept for now. Just wanna see how fine this idea would be when pitching it out.
IMG_0787.jpeg

I was thinking that he would either wield an Lasgun or possibly a Autogun (with a bayonet attached of course) with an Heavy Weapon or in his case, ‘Use when in emergency’ sort of things such as either a Plasma Gun, Melta Gun, or even a smaller portable version of the Heavy Stubber depending on what weapon is chosen.
Consider a grenade launcher.

It’s a versatile special weapon, with three reasonably common types of ammo/grenades: frag, krak, and smoke. It’s also rather portable when compared against something like a Heavy Stubber.

That said, choose whatever you like and can get approval for.

Consider a grenade launcher.

It’s a versatile special weapon, with three reasonably common types of ammo/grenades: frag, krak, and smoke. It’s also rather portable when compared against something like a Heavy Stubber.

That said, choose whatever you like and can get approval for.
Oh, yeah, I certainly did consider giving my lad a grenade launcher as well. But I’m still trying to figure out exactly what ‘heavy weapon’ my lad managed to ‘borrow’ (possibly from the army also stationed on the world or from one of the battles) while on his way of deserting. Nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion. I’m just kinda seeing what sort of weapons would be and would not be fine to have (essentially waiting on Wandering first)

Well, the idea I have for a character so far, while isn’t exact, is something that I have in mind. Mostly regarding a former PDF (still thinking about what planet he used to be stationed on) that defected as soon as things started to get a little bit ‘chaotic’ (literally Chaos or figuratively in the sense of something going extremely wrong), and fled the first chance he got while also ‘borrowing’ some equipment that folk weren’t keeping a good eye on. I was thinking that he would either wield an Lasgun or possibly a Autogun (with a bayonet attached of course) with an Heavy Weapon or in his case, ‘Use when in emergency’ sort of things such as either a Plasma Gun, Melta Gun, or even a smaller portable version of the Heavy Stubber depending on what weapon is chosen. As for personality and such, I was thinking he would be moreso a cautious and quiet individual who is simply going along with everything in order to save his own hide.

As for appearances, he would probably wear something such as this but it’s still an concept for now. Just wanna see how fine this idea would be when pitching it out.
View attachment 1125842
Lmao this is almost the exact same backstory as my guardsman OC with some minor differences. Youre all good though, Ill add you in!

Oh, yeah, I certainly did consider giving my lad a grenade launcher as well. But I’m still trying to figure out exactly what ‘heavy weapon’ my lad managed to ‘borrow’ (possibly from the army also stationed on the world or from one of the battles) while on his way of deserting. Nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion. I’m just kinda seeing what sort of weapons would be and would not be fine to have (essentially waiting on Wandering first)
So long as you are willing to account for the added weight and what not, its all good.

Just seeing if anyone is still interested!!
I'm a lot better in 30k settings than 40k(mostly a Custodes player myself), but if you don't mind me having to adjust to new settings a bit, I'm interested!
(listen it's been a long time since i warhammered, be easy on me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back