• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Warhammer 40k: Renegades

Well right now this no longer does but is gathering how close to flashlight and t shirt I need to be and how if I am not baseline human it is planned to transport me though hostile territory

Well right now this no longer does but is gathering how close to flashlight and t shirt I need to be and how if I am not baseline human it is planned to transport me though hostile territory
The Sun Strider is part of a larger privateer fleet put together by the faction that holds void supremacy. Mattius plans on using this to make landfall on the planet and exploit the local population. A big part of the plot is when his clients lose naval supremacy in the stars and the Sun Strider is double crossed by the local cartels. They are deep in the hive so abhumans and mutants are not uncommon. Mattius does not mind letting his crew massacre any crowds who oppose the presence of his mercenaries. He already intends on looting and pillaging anyone who crosses his path.

The Sun Strider is part of a larger privateer fleet put together by the faction that holds void supremacy. Mattius plans on using this to make landfall on the planet and exploit the local population. A big part of the plot is when his clients lose naval supremacy in the stars and the Sun Strider is double crossed by the local cartels. They are deep in the hive so abhumans and mutants are not uncommon. Mattius does not mind letting his crew massacre any crowds who oppose the presence of his mercenaries. He already intends on looting and pillaging anyone who crosses his path.
He really sounds like a chaos guy like not even a merc just straight up kill and loot. Why not just go rouge tradering without a warrent if he is just going to go a looting

He really sounds like a chaos guy
He's definitely evil, thats for sure. But hes not chaos, just ammoral. He follows no one but whoever pays him and does what he can get away with. In a lawless warzone? That means pillaging, taking slaves and letting his men satisfy their bloodlust, all while getting paid by his employers.

He's definitely evil, thats for sure. But hes not chaos, just ammoral. He follows no one but whoever pays him and does what he can get away with. In a lawless warzone? That means pillaging, taking slaves and letting his men satisfy their bloodlust, all while getting paid by his employers.
Why not just go full pirate? You can get that and new ships via normal piracy over playing merc.

I'll see if I can think of something though this really feels like you should just say humans only given most everythimg else is op when you compare it to a guardsman who's main strength is numbers

I'll see if I can think of something though this really feels like you should just say humans only given most everythimg else is op when you compare it to a guardsman who's main strength is numbers
There are plenty of options. A psyker who runs the risk of killing himself and everything around him, so his powers are used carefully and subtly. A pirate with a stolen powersword isnt overpowered since she can be killed with a wellplaced shot to the head. An ork freeloader can still be turned to mush by a volley of heavy bolter fire. A mutant or abhuman can be twice as strong or fast as a normal human, but they can still die just as easy. Even a firebreathing 8 foot lizard is vulnerable under the right circumstances.

So your definition of op is hard to kill ? Given each of those in theory if not managed carefully can easily solo a gang or more. Heck 30 or 40 gingers v an ork with a Melee weapons is only a even foght unless you give the gingers heavy weapons

So your definition of op is hard to kill ? Given each of those in theory if not managed carefully can easily solo a gang or more.
My definition goes on a case to case basis. Your OC? Definitely overpowered. I already said why, Im not having that discussion again.

WanderingScribe WanderingScribe

How does 10/15 Bolter rounds sound for my character’s weapon? And if he runs out he’d have to actually find more ammunition or get a better weapon?

EDIT:
I also found that there’s an Abhuman strain that looks essentially like giant crocodile people, so Rakka could occasionally pass for Abhuman if he needed to for whatever reason.

Last edited:
I’m curious, what’s the average day-to-day life like aboard the Sun Strider?
Depends on the individual to be honest. Slaves spend their days working in hazardous conditions in the engine room or doing routine maintenance around the ship, when they arent being forcefully augmented or turned into servitors when their bodies give out. When it comes to free men however, their lives are slightly less miserable. Those who can, help keep the ship moving by doing more complex repairs than what the slaves are capable of, but most of it falls on the small detachment of rogue techpriests.

Most of the mercenaries and pirates keep armed patrols around the ship, keeping slaves and prisoners in line, as well as keeping an eye out for any unwanted visitors. Space roaming xenos or the occasional daemon infestation from a sketchy warp jump.

When they arent doing their rounds, they are usually drinking, sleeping or eating chow from the mess hall. Drug abuse is common on the ship, usually stemming from the frequent use of illegal and/or homebrewed combat drugs.

Sleeping quarters tend to be quite ragged, with long rooms filled with bunkbeds and lockers with just enough room for their gear and a few spare changes of clothes. More valuable and permament crew members are afforded their own quarters. Most crew aboars the Sun Strider are "short termers", just violent drifters tagging along for a few big scores until they make it rich or get killed. Abhumans/mutant living quarters are kept segregated from the humans to avoid any anti mutie riots or gang attacks. Xenos are kept separated as well, although Mattius has noted it can be a tricky situation as not all species can he lumped together.

Although the ship is hot, cramped and barely kept together Commodore Mattius enforces a strict hygiene regimen to avoid sickness and vermim from festering. When the Sun Strider does approach a warzone, Mattius only has one rule "do not harm a brother or sister in arms". Massacres, looting, slaving are common during the aftermath of a battle. Weaker civilians are murdered and their belongings stolen off their bodies, the stronger ones are kept as slaves, luxory goods are pocketed, and many of the mercs just kill and burn because they enjoy it.

All in all they are an angry, bitter, cruel lot but quite a few of them dont engage in piracy and are simply there because they have nowhere else to go.

WanderingScribe WanderingScribe I have a new idea how would ypu like a member of the dark mechancum (secretly) who pretty much is Hadron Omega 7-7 from darktode and whoever weapon is a cyber skull or two sent down with a lasgun in them

Naw she can hang on the ship show up via hololiths vox links and shouting at random crew members while secretly spreading scrap code

Users who are viewing this thread

Back