• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Warhammer 40k: Renegades

I’m interested!

I’d have a xenos character loosely based on Godzilla- not that big, obviously, just Space Marine sized. Big, reptilian, with a row of jagged dorsal plates and the ability to occasionally spew a Melta blast from his maw in desperate times.

Sorta the part-time engineer/heavy weapons guy. Not an expert by any means, but smarter than he looks.

View attachment 1124292
This, but minus the tank lol.
Yes

No one. Mattius would likely betray her as he doesn't trust her or sees her as a way to get some friends in the Imperium. In dire circumstances he wouldnt mind her presence, especially if his life was on the line.
Okay then he has one very secretive tech priest and her "servitors"

1699855428784.png

Name: Rakka

Age: “Old.” Occasionally implies that he saw the Great Crusade. Is this true? Who knows?

Height: He would be nine feet tall if he stood up straight, but he slouches, putting him at eight feet tall.

Weight: 800 pounds

Personality: Rakka has seen a lot, and he’s grown rather bored of most of it. You can only watch so many planets go up in cinders before you stop having an emotional reaction to it. He’s definitely older than most of the inhabitants of the Sun Strider, and he intends to outlast them by another thousand years at least. His main motivation, other than money, is to spite death another year.

That’s not to say he’s heartless- Rakka absolutely can find it in his heart to care about his fellow creatures. On occasion. When they’re amusing. Rakka has a stronger fondness for machines than people, and weapons are his favorites of all. He’s hardly a qualified technician, but he pulls through and bolts together a solution more often than not.

Rakka also has a strong martial tradition, and warrior’s code of honor. He is always willing to meet a challenge on the field of battle, and may cast aside modern weapons to fight barehanded (placing himself on nominally even ground with a given foe). The other side of this code is a tradition of hunting, which he indulges when he can. A spaceship is a rather poor place to hunt though, so he instead volunteers for bounty-hunting jobs when possible.

Powers/Skills:
Armored: Rakka’s natural armor is comparable to Ceramite, making him one of the tougher sentient creatures in the Galaxy.

Natural Weaponry: Rakka’s teeth and talons, not to mention his jagged tail, make for brutally effective weapons in melee.

Bio-Melta Breath: On occasion, Rakka can muster up a blast of blue fire comparable to a Melta blast, and with similar drawbacks- it drains his power, and overuse can make him overheat. It’s also fairly close-range.

Amphibious: Rakka is a capable swimmer, and is notably more agile in water.

Tough Physiology: Rakka can adapt to harsh environments like heavily-polluted Underhive tunnels, or corrosive Death World atmospheres, which allows him to operate in such conditions without special suits. He still needs to breathe, though.

Tech-Savvy: Rakka’s picked up a few tricks with machinery, and knows his way around Imperial tech. Xenos tech, ironically, is completely beyond him.

Bolter: A humble Bolter, which looks suspiciously like a Space Marine’s weapon with the Chapter identification worn off, is Rakka’s main weapon.

Weaknesses:
Slow: Rakka isn’t particularly fast, despite his strength, which he blames on arthritis. The average fit human can outrun him, and he absolutely isn’t doing any swinging across chasms. He can at least climb, so he’s got that going for him.

Honorable: Although Rakka isn’t unwilling to use stealth, his code obligates him to fight “fair” when at all possible. He won’t fight those plainly too weak to fight back (such as children, the terminally ill, the pregnant, et. cetera), which can be a mistake in the brutal galaxy. In addition, if a foe challenges him, he must accept and engage his foe on his own terms.

Here’s at least a rough character sheet for Rakka.

View attachment 1124297

Name: Rakka

Age: “Old.” Occasionally implies that he saw the Great Crusade. Is this true? Who knows?

Height: He would be nine feet tall if he stood up straight, but he slouches, putting him at eight feet tall.

Weight: 800 pounds

Personality: Rakka has seen a lot, and he’s grown rather bored of most of it. You can only watch so many planets go up in cinders before you stop having an emotional reaction to it. He’s definitely older than most of the inhabitants of the Sun Strider, and he intends to outlast them by another thousand years at least. His main motivation, other than money, is to spite death another year.

That’s not to say he’s heartless- Rakka absolutely can find it in his heart to care about his fellow creatures. On occasion. When they’re amusing. Rakka has a stronger fondness for machines than people, and weapons are his favorites of all. He’s hardly a qualified technician, but he pulls through and bolts together a solution more often than not.

Rakka also has a strong martial tradition, and warrior’s code of honor. He is always willing to meet a challenge on the field of battle, and may cast aside modern weapons to fight barehanded (placing himself on nominally even ground with a given foe). The other side of this code is a tradition of hunting, which he indulges when he can. A spaceship is a rather poor place to hunt though, so he instead volunteers for bounty-hunting jobs when possible.

Powers/Skills:
Armored: Rakka’s natural armor is comparable to Ceramite, making him one of the tougher sentient creatures in the Galaxy.

Natural Weaponry: Rakka’s teeth and talons, not to mention his jagged tail, make for brutally effective weapons in melee.

Bio-Melta Breath: On occasion, Rakka can muster up a blast of blue fire comparable to a Melta blast, and with similar drawbacks- it drains his power, and overuse can make him overheat. It’s also fairly close-range.

Amphibious: Rakka is a capable swimmer, and is notably more agile in water.

Tough Physiology: Rakka can adapt to harsh environments like heavily-polluted Underhive tunnels, or corrosive Death World atmospheres, which allows him to operate in such conditions without special suits. He still needs to breathe, though.

Tech-Savvy: Rakka’s picked up a few tricks with machinery, and knows his way around Imperial tech. Xenos tech, ironically, is completely beyond him.

Bolter: A humble Bolter, which looks suspiciously like a Space Marine’s weapon with the Chapter identification worn off, is Rakka’s main weapon.

Weaknesses:
Slow: Rakka isn’t particularly fast, despite his strength, which he blames on arthritis. The average fit human can outrun him, and he absolutely isn’t doing any swinging across chasms. He can at least climb, so he’s got that going for him.

Honorable: Although Rakka isn’t unwilling to use stealth, his code obligates him to fight “fair” when at all possible. He won’t fight those plainly too weak to fight back (such as children, the terminally ill, the pregnant, et. cetera), which can be a mistake in the brutal galaxy. In addition, if a foe challenges him, he must accept and engage his foe on his own terms.

Here’s at least a rough character sheet for Rakka.
I like him. I do have a few questions though. By draining his "power" Im assuming you mean it fatigues him, uses his energy stores, dehydrates him ect? Just wanna make sure we're on the same wavelength ( :

Also regarding his bolter, I dont have an issue with it but perhaps so he isnt so overpowered we can take into account the scarcity of the ammunition and that many bolters not maintained by the astartes themselves usually have quality control issues?

I like him. I do have a few questions though. By draining his "power" Im assuming you mean it fatigues him, uses his energy stores, dehydrates him ect? Just wanna make sure we're on the same wavelength ( :

Also regarding his bolter, I dont have an issue with it but perhaps so he isnt so overpowered we can take into account the scarcity of the ammunition and that many bolters not maintained by the astartes themselves usually have quality control issues?
Oh yeah, it heavily wears him out and makes him need a long sleep and hearty meal to recover from 2 shots. Definitely a fight finisher, and probably not something he’d bust out every fight.

And yeah, low ammo and maintenance issues would be a concern. Sounds fair enough!

Git something for mine sge is a bit more high powered but what's a ne Ron cryptek with fancy baubles.

Name: Dimensionalist Nefecris
alias: Magos Nefecris
appearance
ezi9OzU.jpg

dEAtRN4.jpg
description: Nefecris is a bit of an oddity in the necron courts, given she is actively interested by the lesser species. She has an intrest in their minds and their actions. This doesn't mean she is some cuddly friendly necron, she has no issues killing and at times torturing the lesser races. She even has a hobby of transferring their minds into cures to question them. Of the other nrcrons she most likes herself to tyrzan and is hoping to be in his empty within the next few centuries. This is not only because she feels his endeavors are up her ally but she needs protection. When dealing with humans she claims to be a tech priest and actully knows most rituals having taken them from the minds of actual tech priests. She however,find the rituals stupid and the state of most human tech barely worth maintaining.

bio:

wargear:
  • Staff of possibilities: The seemingly simple staff with ornate headpiece is one of the most esoteric of devices allowing the weilder to create micro alterations to the dimension, allowing the wielder to seemingly alter reality on a small scale. This can take the form of changing sure hits to complete misses by shifting realities around. This can also be used to attack by tapping into the energies of other dimensions or opening holes in space and time to channel energy from local stellar bodies

• Necrodermis tail: Functioning much like a mechadentrite this tail can be used to lash out ate foes and can cut space rendering armor useless against it's blow

• Necrodermis: The mysterious living metal of necrons this material is not only hard to damage but will actively repair itself.

• Veil of rejuvenation: This headpiece looking almost like a crown holds 3 resurrection orbs serving both decorative and functional purpose to help the wearer recover even from fatal damage.

• Personal Hyperspace Oubliette: while the Hyperspace Oubliette is most commonly associated with the deathmark being skilled in the manipulation of space time Nefecris has created a personal pocket dimension that dhe uses as a laboratory.

Git something for mine sge is a bit more high powered but what's a ne Ron cryptek with fancy baubles.

Name: Dimensionalist Nefecris
alias: Magos Nefecris
appearance
ezi9OzU.jpg

dEAtRN4.jpg
description: Nefecris is a bit of an oddity in the necron courts, given she is actively interested by the lesser species. She has an intrest in their minds and their actions. This doesn't mean she is some cuddly friendly necron, she has no issues killing and at times torturing the lesser races. She even has a hobby of transferring their minds into cures to question them. Of the other nrcrons she most likes herself to tyrzan and is hoping to be in his empty within the next few centuries. This is not only because she feels his endeavors are up her ally but she needs protection. When dealing with humans she claims to be a tech priest and actully knows most rituals having taken them from the minds of actual tech priests. She however,find the rituals stupid and the state of most human tech barely worth maintaining.

bio:

wargear:

• Staff of possibilities: The seemingly simple staff with ornate headpiece is one of the most esoteric of devices allowing the weilder to create micro alterations to the dimension, allowing the wielder to seemingly alter reality on a small scale. This can take the form of changing sure hits to complete misses by shifting realities around. This can also be used to attack by tapping into the energies of other dimensions or opening holes in space and time to channel energy from local stellar bodies

• Necrodermis tail: Functioning much like a mechadentrite this tail can be used to lash out ate foes and can cut space rendering armor useless against it's blow

• Necrodermis: The mysterious living metal of necrons this material is not only hard to damage but will actively repair itself.

• Veil of rejuvenation: This headpiece looking almost like a crown holds 3 resurrection orbs serving both decorative and functional purpose to help the wearer recover even from fatal damage.

• Personal Hyperspace Oubliette: while the Hyperspace Oubliette is most commonly associated with the deathmark being skilled in the manipulation of space time Nefecris has created a personal pocket dimension that dhe uses as a laboratory.
She is rather overpowered

Such is the nature of necrons though it really depends what power level you we looking fir not everyone is equal to a guardsman. This is all based on pre-established tech and she is pretty much a magos of the necrons

Such is the nature of necrons though it really depends what power level you we looking fir not everyone is equal to a guardsman. This is all based on pre-established tech and she is pretty much a magos of the necrons
I know, but this a problem I was hoping to avoid. She can basically steamroll over every threat the crew can face. Not very balanced for this sort of rp.

I know, but this a problem I was hoping to avoid. She can basically steamroll over every threat the crew can face. Not very balanced for this sort of rp.
I mean it is warhammer so every weapon is op on paper and the staff is a badge of office it should be more than a 4up 1d 1ap weapon in lore even if it woukd be in table top

I mean it is warhammer so every weapon is op on paper and the staff is a badge of office it should be more than a 4up 1d 1ap weapon in lore even if it woukd be in table top
The setting is in the depths of a hive city during a civil war, she is still rather overpowered relative to what the crew will be facing. Cartels, mutants, rioters, rogue guard units, ect.

The setting is in the depths of a hive city, she is still rather overpowered relative to what the crew will be facing.
I mean she pretty much has a fancy melta as the big difference is where the plasma is made. And hive cities have one thing no one warrior can counter numbers

I mean she pretty much has a fancy melta as the big difference is where the plasma is made. And hive cities have one thing no one warrior can counter numbers
She has a staff that can alter reality, a weapon that can cut through space itself, armor that constantly repairs itself, a crown that brings her back to life and her own pocket dimension...

I really try to work with peoples OCs even if they are anathema to the setting if thats really what they want but shes really overpowered...

She has a staff that can alter reality, a weapon that can cut through space itself, armor that constantly repairs itself, a crown that brings her back to life and her own pocket dimension...
Staff works by pretty much bending space sge is specialized in that branch of necron science. The tail is pretty much a power weapon. That just necrodermis and resurrection orbs they ate a what all necrons are made of and B pretty common. And again dimensions are her speciality. It's like having a magos biologis and being surprised they use genetic modification as much as augmetics.

What are ypu expecting her to use the sane flashlight as a guardsman even a necron warrior would have necrodermis.

What are ypu expecting her to use the sane flashlight as a guardsman even a necron warrior would have necrodermis.
No, I'm expecting her to not be used at all because of the power imbalance. Do you think you could use a different character? I know youre really set on her because most of this thread is us discussing how she could work, but shes not a fit for this kind of rp.

No, I'm expecting her to not be used at all because of the power imbalance. Do you think you could use a different character? I know youre really set on her because most of this thread is us discussing how she could work, but shes not a fit for this kind of rp.
And what is this it's going from exploring out of imperium reach to being is an underhice something super well within the imperium where a 8 foot tall kiju xenos would be spotted and hunted down I mean a civil war would not be profitable unless you were 100% there was archeotech you knew exactly where it was and exactly how to get it

And what is this it's going from exploring out of imperium reach to being is an underhice something super well within the imperium where a 8 foot tall kiju xenos would be spotted and hunted down
This rp takes place in Imperium space. It has from the beginning, but this planet is on the fringes. This system in particular is caught in the middle of a civil war, but the Imperium has taken no side because all factions have declared loyalty to the golden throne. Its an internal conflict. Xenos mercenaries are on occasion seen in Imperial space, especially in seedier areas away from prying eyes. Besides that kaiju isnt overpowered and unbalanced.

This rp takes place in Imperium space. It has from the beginning, but this planet is on the fringes. This system in particular is caught in the middle of a civil war, but the Imperium has taken no side because all factions have declared loyalty to the golden throne. Its an internal conflict. Xenos mercenaries are on occasion seen in Imperial space, especially in seedier areas away from prying eyes.
Then you would need to answer which space port are you landing at which side has void superiority how are you going to get a xenos through a heavily guarded area as hive cities will have anti aircraft weapons to take down the lander. If you aren't landing in the hive city who controls the wastes how will they get into a bridged hive city. And again how you plan to get a clearly xenos through the misdel to upper hive down to the lower hive without him causing a mob of anti xenos anger

And what is this it's going from exploring out of imperium reach to being is an underhice something super well within the imperium where a 8 foot tall kiju xenos would be spotted and hunted down I mean a civil war would not be profitable unless you were 100% there was archeotech you knew exactly where it was and exactly how to get it
Also civil wars are extremely profitable. Factions need soldiers (most the Sun Strider crew are mercs afterall), refugees can be kidnapped and sold as slaves, armories can be looted and the weapons sold on the black market. The options are endless.

Also civil wars are extremely profitable. Factions need soldiers (most the Sun Strider crew are mercs afterall), refugees can be kidnapped and sold as slaves, armories can be looted and the weapons sold on the black market. The options are endless.
Assuming the winning side dosent use orbital defences to just blast you out of the void

Then you would need to answer which space port are you landing at which side has void superiority how are you going to get a xenos through a heavily guarded area as hive cities will have anti aircraft weapons to take down the lander. If you aren't landing in the hive city who controls the wastes how will they get into a bridged hive city. And again how you plan to get a clearly xenos through the misdel to upper hive down to the lower hive without him causing a mob of anti xenos anger
None of this relevant to the issues with your OC. Stop changing the subject to other peoples OCs, we are talking about yours. Unless you have another OC in mind I dont think you will be able to take part in the rp. Im sorry, but thats how it is. Your necron OC is overpowered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back