• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom WarCraft - War of the Ancients

Raziel

Keeper of Secrets
WarCraft
War of the Ancients

• 447px-Cenarius_vs_Mannoroth.jpg

The War of the Ancients was a major conflict which constituted the first coming of the demonic Burning Legion to Azeroth some 10,000 years prior to the events of the First War. One of the largest and most costly wars in Azeroth's history, the War of the Ancients decided the fate of all life on the planet for millennia to come. The conflict ultimately led to the Great Sundering, a cataclysmic event which tore the planet's landmass apart, thus altering its history permanently.

As part of its relentless crusade to extinguish all life in the universe, as well as the demon lord Sargeras' desire to access the planet's world soul, the Burning Legion set its sights on distant Azeroth. Seducing the highest caste of the Kaldorei Empire (which dominated the planet) with promises of paradise and power, the Legion gradually, but successfully, began to enter planet through a trans-dimensional portal. With the aid of Queen Azshara and her Highborne, the demons launched a campaign to wipe out the major group resisting the Legion's coming - the Kaldorei Resistance.

Last edited:
Well since its War of the Ancients, most likely only the Kal'dorei (Night Elfs) As the other main races really weren't around in any noticeable way
What about the Earthen, Furbolgs and Tauren? I'm pretty sure they've been included in the war alliance because a twist in timeline made by the old gods or something like that.
Also, even in the original the dragonflights and ancients were included in the war (Not like anyone expects that they'll be playable races tho. A Dragonkin/Dragon or ancient demigod tree character would he kinda... Too OPish for the setting).

What about the Earthen, Furbolgs and Tauren? I'm pretty sure they've been included in the war alliance because a twist in timeline made by the old gods or something like that.
Also, even in the original the dragonflights and ancients were included in the war (Not like anyone expects that they'll be playable races tho. A Dragonkin/Dragon or ancient demigod tree character would he kinda... Too OPish for the setting).
Omg... Furbolgs. Yes. Just so much yes. Let the Burning Legion tremble before the Furbolg Resistance!! xD Lol I love those furry little sillies! But yeah, I s'pose those three could be included, course its up to the GM in the end. There could also be Dryads since Cenarius and his children fought alongside them

Woah, this was a lot of responses in a short time! I didn't think this would pick up any steam, but sweet!

Anyway, thank you all for the interest! This particular thread will be updated soon as I do have a couple small changes to make (mostly fixing labels).

Wooh, count me in! Which races are we allowed to play?

As for which races you can play, this will be restricted to just Night Elves, but you'll be able to choose between playing as a Highborne or a Kal'dorei (the castes). These castes will have their own distinctions, of course. The other races that partook in the alliance, the furbolgs, the tauren, and the earthen, will be playable, but as of Act III. How that will be executed, I do not know yet, there are a number of ideas I'm playing with.

I'll get to work right away! Glad to finally see some intrigue!

Last edited:
This will be a guided story, not open world, though I suspect that would be kind of obvious. You guys will be given objectives and you'll need to carryout these objectives in order to progress. I was going to use a D&D system, but I think I'm going to opt out of that so that my players can have a bit more freedom in their character creation. I'll still put up classes and such to give some structure to build on, but they will just give like ability descriptions. Their power and, ultimately the outcome, will be variant on how I perceive the execution of these abilities on respective targets.

I am open to suggestions, however, so feel free to recommend other methods.

This will be a guided story, not open world, though I suspect that would be kind of obvious. You guys will be given objectives and you'll need to carryout these objectives in order to progress. I was going to use a D&D system, but I think I'm going to opt out of that so that my players can have a bit more freedom in their character creation. I'll still put up classes and such to give some structure to build on, but they will just give like ability descriptions. Their power and, ultimately the outcome, will be variant on how I perceive the execution of these abilities on respective targets.

I like it. Yeah, I'm totally in!

This is going to be epic, I've been looking for a Warcraft rp for so long but all of it is done on the MMO it seems. Really pumped for this

So what will the unique classes be? Like a Druid or Demon Hunter?

Whoa and here I was thinking I was like the only one that needs Warcraft RPs. I need you guys to hit me up for 1x1's ;A;

This is going to be epic, I've been looking for a Warcraft rp for so long but all of it is done on the MMO it seems. Really pumped for this

So what will the unique classes be? Like a Druid or Demon Hunter?

Demon Hunters, no. Just because there were only a couple of them at this time and they were much later in the war (i.e. Illidan Stormrage, Feronas Sindweller, and Illysanna Ravencrest). Druids of the Grove specifically and Priestesses of the Moon are going to be the "Kal'dorei" classes, while Archons and Warmasters will act as the "Highborne" classes. Details about these and the other classes will be elaborated on in the official thing which is coming along in development!

Demon Hunters, no. Just because there were only a couple of them at this time and they were much later in the war (i.e. Illidan Stormrage, Feronas Sindweller, and Illysanna Ravencrest). Druids of the Grove specifically and Priestesses of the Moon are going to be the "Kal'dorei" classes, while Archons and Warmasters will act as the "Highborne" classes. Details about these and the other classes will be elaborated on in the official thing which is coming along in development!
Ooooh, Priestess of the Moon. Think I like that one xD I don't know if it's to early or not but I'll put my hat in the ring for that class!

I apologize for my delay! I had been discussing development with Ravenheart Ravenheart , who has offered me a plethora of advice with how he has run games in the past and I've opted to use some of his stratagems. Now that I'm out of the rut of figuring out how I'm going to execute this game, I'm now in developing classes and creating maps, and this will be run like a D&D. I'll be using Roll20 for the map and we'll be using dice rolls on there.

I apologize for my delay! I had been discussing development with Ravenheart Ravenheart , who has offered me a plethora of advice with how he has run games in the past and I've opted to use some of his stratagems. Now that I'm out of the rut of figuring out how I'm going to execute this game, I'm now in developing classes and creating maps, and this will be run like a D&D. I'll be using Roll20 for the map and we'll be using dice rolls on there.
And+now+we+wait+for+the+behind+the+gif+_cf2154281eb5a7504cca63268f1f8d69.jpg

My word! What an eventful and exhausting task this has been. Ravenheart Ravenheart and I have been hard at work for weeks now coming up with developing the method of which this game would be executed. I'll be posting a new interested thread tonight and the completed game in the coming days and if you would like to partake, then let me know here, in a PM, post on my profile page, or on the new interest check. I do sincerely apologize for my delay, I had created about 50% of the story's introductory chapter as well as completed the class details when I accidentally deleted all of my progress. Believe me, I was infuriated. I even told Ravenheart Ravenheart to quit working on the project for a couple of days, I was so upset. But, I wasn't willing to let this go, so I regenerated all of my work and completed and saved it all. All that is left are finishing touches and huzzah! We have our game.

Hope to see you all there! Cheerio!

My word! What an eventful and exhausting task this has been. Ravenheart Ravenheart and I have been hard at work for weeks now coming up with developing the method of which this game would be executed. I'll be posting a new interested thread tonight and the completed game in the coming days and if you would like to partake, then let me know here, in a PM, post on my profile page, or on the new interest check. I do sincerely apologize for my delay, I had created about 50% of the story's introductory chapter as well as completed the class details when I accidentally deleted all of my progress. Believe me, I was infuriated. I even told Ravenheart Ravenheart to quit working on the project for a couple of days, I was so upset. But, I wasn't willing to let this go, so I regenerated all of my work and completed and saved it all. All that is left are finishing touches and huzzah! We have our game.

Hope to see you all there! Cheerio!
*Readies Priestess of the Moon* Quite glad this is still happening =)

*Readies Priestess of the Moon* Quite glad this is still happening =)

Classes will be first-come-first-serve with an approval process, so don't get too attached yet. I was PM'd by another some weeks ago who sought the title as well, but I am obligated to impartiality, of course, so all contenders for the class will have to give me their best presentation.

Classes will be first-come-first-serve with an approval process, so don't get too attached yet. I was PM'd by another some weeks ago who sought the title as well, but I am obligated to impartiality, of course, so all contenders for the class will have to give me their best presentation.
Of course I get that. Just to ensure my hat is firmly in the ring, I put in my interest back in April for that class. More than happy to contend for it though =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back