• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Warbird Alpha

Who is your favourite character?

• Kevin Wilburn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keira

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"Ha!" Burns gave a small laugh. "Ha ha ha," A more sincere one. "Hahahahahaha!" Now his laughter was leering on insanity, before he suddenly stopped, his voice now softer and carrying a more bitter edge. "Magic." He spat, obviously unhappy with the term. He observed the rather gloomy swamp. "Ugh, this place smells like shit." He said, stepping into the muck. "Just like home!" He unexpectedly exclaimed, seeming quite happy. "Damn, this place is exactly like the swamps back on Cascade!"

Keira was dumbfounded, her expression was completely frozen. Feeling completely taken aback by Burns strange behavior she stepped back a little. "You got to be kidding me...Did something bite you? Or did you eat something strange..." She murmured, completely confused. She looked back at dark swamp ahead of them. "That's how your home looks like? Well...talk about bad places where to live." She murmured to herself still looking at muddy ground. "At least you know how to handle yourself in this place. Just don't forget that this swamp is more different from any normal place. As much as you don't like magic there is a lot of it here." Keira explained, starting to walk again.

Burns continued to trudge his way through the murky-brown water. "Naw, I just like going for walks 'round the swamps on Cascade. Besides, if you wanted an actual swamp, you should try Outram. That planet's just one giant cesspit." He said. He drew his rifle, checking it one more time. "Like what's in this place, anyway? Cthulhu? Giant jellyfish monster? Ooh, maybe a mutant fish monster!" He snarked, rolling is eyes.

Keira frowned slightly before sighing. A jelly fish monster? How did he even come up with that? "Not exactly...." She murmured while looking around, searching for possible danger. "I was actually talking about that...." Keira said, suddenly stopping and pointing at south. Everything seemed peaceful at first but she knew what kind of danger that water hid. The water started to bubble before something that looked like dead human swam up, it's body was half rotten and looked disgusting. It soon disappeared back in water a making her sigh with relief. "Those only seem harmless...but if they see a movement we both are as good as dead..."

"Oh, yeah. Sea monster or some shit." Burns muttered, having had enough bullshit for one day. "Give me a fucking break." He kicked a floating twig away, when he saw some rotten... thing swim up the the surface, before disappearing again. Burns stumbled back, shocked, making several splashes in the thick, murky water. "WHAT THE JESUS FUCK WAS THAT?!" He exclaimed, hurriedly aiming his rifle at the muck. There was a small, feeble splatter of water right in front of him, and the pilot immediately fired a burst at it. "AHH CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK!" He continued shouting, retreating back to dry land.

Last edited by a moderator:
She simply stood aside, watching his outburst with slight amusement. "Well..you don't seem to be enjoying this swamp as much anymore..." Keira said, pulling out her daggers just in case. "Come on. We need to keep moving. Just for God's sake don't be so loud. the only way is through this swamp and we have to be as quiet as possible. Fire that thing again and we both are dead. For once trust the old weapons. If it's really necessary use the knife." She said while moving further in the water, avoiding places where water was the deepest. Smell of rotten body's filled the air making her cough. Keira warped a scarf around her nose and mouth, so that only her red eyes were uncovered. The deeper she went the harder it got and the water got deeper by each her step. She didn't want to use magic since it could cause unwanted attention and even worse. In dark place like that she could lose control over er demon side and that would only make things more dangerous.

Burns hesitated, still standing on dry land. He nervously scanned the area around Keira for any signs of the zombie thing, before very reluctantly stepping back into the water. "Yeah, no." He said, slightly lowering his rifle. "I ain't using just my knife." He kept his rifle, clicking it back into place behind his back. "But," He said, taking out his two SMGs, attaching a suppressor to the barrels of each one. "I can make it a lot quieter." Wading into the water next to Keira, he proudly lifted up his silenced SMGs, as if to say 'gun beats knife'. "Also, this place smells even worse in the water. That speaks volumes for someone who has built-in air filters in his helmet."

"Do as you like as long as your not loud." She said while trying to cover her face more. The smell was getting unbearable. Suddenly the water grew much deeper, one moment it reached just above her knees but the next it went up to her waist. She froze, feeling something move under her feet. "Shit..." Keira cursed under her breath while trying to stay as still as possible. The sharp smell nearly made her gag. Small bubbles appeared before her making her tense up even more. "Burns...Whatever you do just don't shoot. Please." Keira begged, if something shook the water now the creature would pull her under water and if that happened there would be no way back. She felt something touch her leg which made her want to give in to the instinct and run for her dear life. Keira was close to showing her demon form and escape however then Burns would be in trouble and would have another freak to deal with. The water went still and thing that was near her legs swam away in deeper waters. Keira sighed, letting herself relax and quickly stepped back to place where water wasn't so deep. Sigh of relief escaped her lips as she managed to keep herself from making any harsh movements.

"Yeah, yeah. I heard you the first time." Burns muttered, standing in the knee-deep murky water. "Just tell me when that... thing shows up again." He said, when he noticed that Keira had frozen, not moving an inch. "What?" He asked, not noticing something brush against his armoured leg. Burns shrugged, lowering his weapons for a second. "Huh." He sighed, before suddenly feeling something tug at his leg. He jumped slightly, making a slight splash. "Oh, that's some fucking bullshit." Raising his weapons again, he looked over to Keira, silently judging her for making him go this way.

Keira could feel movements around her, but still slowly kept moving forwards, avoiding deep waters. "I know that you dislike magic but i don't think that i can continue walking through this...." She said while pointing forwards where deeper and darker waters started with much stronger smell. "There is a way we can make it through this without getting our self's killed. Keira said while touching the surface of water, bright blue circles formed under her hand. For a brief moment her eyes changed to vivid blue before returning to their normal ruby red color. With a quick move she humped on the blue circle, pulling herself out from the muddy water. The ring held her above the water. With each step she took the circle moved, not letting her touch the water.

Burns continued to grumble, unhappily wading through the knee-high water. "I didn't know you could use magic," He commented holstering his SMGs and folding his arms as he watched Keira cast a spell of some sort. "Or... fly? What the fuck?" Burns dropped his arms, now more stunned and confused than annoyed. "What the hell? What are you doing?" The armoured man called after her, watching her take a few steps on some floaty-glowing ring thingamabob. Burns sighed. He had clearly seen weirder, he kept telling himself. "Well, okay then. Come on, I wanna get out of this shithole as soon as possible." He said, annoyance cutting through his words like his knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back