• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

War Wounds

Name: Muinor

Race: Half elf

Personality: Fairly mellow and calm, easy to talk to and get along with. Warning, do not get him angry.

Equipment: Too much to list all that he has, but he always carries on him a long hunting knife and a medicinal bag that has bandages, potions for pain, fever, etc, a needle and thread, ointment for infection, and a flask of alcohol for cleaning wounds.

Appearance: 

HalfElf-Male.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Caedis

Race: Dark Elf

Personality: She is not great at socializing due to many years of wandering alone. She is patient and cautious since not having those traits would result in a higher failure rate. Despite her job, she isn't a fan of violence.

Equipment: She has a variety of non-perishable foods and basic survival gear. She has some simple trapping equipment like ropes and nets. Her weapons include a bow, two daggers which can be easily hidden, and a curved sword. 

Appearance:

Her hair usually covers her left eye. The markings on her face are a dark - almost black - purple

drow_ranger_by_haryarti-d83292f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Muinor hummed softly to himself as he trekked through the woods that surrounded his 'clinic', or so he called it. It was just a run down cottage that he had found and fixed up so he had a place to keep patients for an extended period of time. As of right now, it was empty of people. 

He was searching for wild herbs that grew here, for both food and medicine. He was running low. As his sharp eyes scanned his surroundings, he let his mind wander a bit, listening to the wild life and thinking about what else he needed next time he headed to town.

@KiKi Kitsune

Caedis tried to calm her ragged breathing. One hand over her mouth and the other on her wound in her side. In the low lighting of the forest, her dark skin aided her in remaining hidden among the leaves of a tree. A small group of armored soldiers briskly marched through the area below her very feet. She could have jumped one of them. Maybe even got a second, but she would have been quickly defeated after that. It wasn't worth the risk. She had been in the business long enough to have learnt that the hard way. 

The elf let out a breath as the soldiers passed out of hearing range. She mumbled a variety of elven curse words. If she had known her target had hired help, she would have insisted on more pay. Or not taken the job at all. She tried to focus that anger to try stop the world from spinning. Despite her efforts, the darkness on the edges of her vision slowly encroached until she could see nothing. Losing consciousness from the loss of blood, she had no grip on her perch. The elf began plummeting to the ground below. 

Muinor stopped when he heard the startled cries of birds in the distance, making the tips of his ears twitch. Something, a very loud thing, was going through the forest. He headed to the place from where he heard the birds and looked around. Foot prints and broken branches, mostly. The footprints were from heavy fighting boots, and there were also marks from the butts of spears. Hired mercenaries, he assumed. What they were doing in the forest, he didn't know, but he decided to head back to the clinic sooner, rather than later.

Just as he turned to leave, there was a loud thud behind him, and what sounded like a snapping bone. He winced, and turned back around to see a female, an injured one at that, laying unconscious in the underbrush. Muinor moved closer to her, softly, to get a closer look. Dark elf... What were she doing here? Her kind were generally unwelcome in these lands. Not that he cared, he had promised to give aid to anyone who needed it a long time ago. He knelt by her prone form, gently lifting her so he was in his lap, her head supported by his left arm. He gently lifted up her blood soaked shirt, careful to preserve her modesty, and clicked his tongue. A shallow, but long cut, and she was loosing blood quickly.

He laid her back down on the ground, and got out his flask to start cleaning the wound, to prevent infection. It would sting quite a bit, and possibly wake her back up, if she didn't lose too much blood yet. 

Caedeis' eyes snapped open at the searing pain in her side. Ice blue irises shot towards the location on the offence. A hand nearby her body. Instincts kicked in before her mind did. Her body lurched away and to her feet, hands reaching for her daggers. She cried out in pain before she could stop herself. Leg damage. She was awake enough to make that self observation. The dark elf shook her head. She had two legs, so just use the other one. 

She shifted her weight, cautiously watching the man across from her. "Who are you?" Her voice was raspy and week despite her best efforts. "What were you doing to me." Sweat was already beading on her brow from the effort it took to keep herself up. 

(sorry, Im going to work now, so won't be able to post until later)

(aawww, bye)

Muinor looked up at her, exasperated. "I was trying to help you with that nasty cut you have there. You should lay back down so I can finish cleaning it, so it doesn't get infected." He paused for a moment, violet eyes locked on hers. "My name is Muinor. I am the local healer. Unless you wish to bleed out and die, I suggest you let me help you."

(aaaand I'm back)

Caedis' eyes narrowed. While she knew she would benefit greatly from the medical attention, doctors didn't work for free. Especially for people like her. Her kind wasn't trusted and was usually charged more for the same items or services. She didn't pay it much heed since she was used to it, but doctors tended to be pricey for others as well. 

She wobbled on her feet. 

Knowing she had little choice in the matter, she sighed in defeat. "How much will I owe you?" 

He smirked softly. "A kiss. Now lay back down. You are going to pass out, and it would be a shame if you landed on your face, don't you think?"

Muinor pulled out some bandages from his satchel, dabbing some alcohol on the fabric to help him clean her wound.

Her eyes widened before narrowing further. "I am not the type to sell my body, despite what I look like." Even though she said that, she was contemplating how badly she wanted to live. Her lack of balance was forcing her to listen to the man. She only just caught herself from falling over and decided to heed his advice and seat herself. She sat with legs crossed and a rigid back, refusing to budge.

He moved closer to her, lifting her shirt up again and dabbed at the wound with the alcohol soaked bandage. 

"I have to say I am not envious of you right now. This particular brew smarts."

Caedis looked away, somewhat uncomfortable at having herself be so exposed. "No need to rub it in." She paused and blinked a few times at the unintentional pun she hoped the man hadn't picked up on. She hissed through her teeth as the alcohol touched the open skin. She still refused to budge despite the extra pain causing her vision to start darkening around the edges.

He wiped the blood away with the bandage, then got out a small jar of ointment and showed her. "This will help numb it so it isn't as painful as I stitch it up, okay?"

Caedis started wobbling in her seated position. "Stitching?" Her voice was soft and showed some of her fear. The salve dimmed the pain, but the pain had been keeping her mind alert. With it gone, she couldn't keep the darkness from covering her sight completely and taking her once more. She slumped before falling backwards, unconscious. 

Muinor managed to catch her before she hit the ground, and gently laid her back. Then he got out the needle and thread, pinched the wound closed, and started sewing it shut.

Caedis had an hour of peaceful blackness before being assaulted with fitful dreams. Her body refused to wake, but her mind wanted it to stop. The nightmares that plagued pieces of her past which she would rather forget, as well as her fears for the future. 

By then she had been bandaged and carried back to Muinor's clinic, and she was laying in one of the beds covered by a thick blanket.

He sat by her bed, reading, and could have sworn that he heard her mumble something a few times. Then she grew restless in her sleep, and he checked for a fever. She didn't have one, so he didn't know what else he could do.

After several hours, eyes that could be mistaken for ice crystals fluttered open. Caedis sat up with a groan. She looked around at the unfamiliar area. The events of her previous battle returned, finishing with the healer who had appeared out of nowhere.

Speaking of the healer, she was able to deduce that she was most likely in his place of work. The scent of medical herbs was overpowering. The elf tried to get up, but a pain shot through her side, eliciting a cry which she barely managed to bite back.

Muinor looked up from his book, closing it and setting it aside. "You should lay back down, you don't want to tear those stitches open. Would you like some pain medicine?"

Since her skin felt that she was being dipped in a vat of boiling oil, she almost said yes, A thought flashing into her mind prevented the words leaving her opened mouth. Her jaw closed and tightened. Pain relief medication made people drowsy. Drowsy was a dangerous state to be in. She wouldn't risk it. 

"No thank you." Her words came through clenched teeth. "I best be going." She began to force herself through the pain despite the healer's instructions.

He gently grabbed her arm. "You need to rest until the wound has time to heal, or you are going to be bleeding out and dying all over again. Just lay back down please."

Not having the strength to pull away, Caedis was guided back to the bed. With some effort, she lay herself back down. Even so, she looked at the healer wearily. "What are you getting out of this? I don't have much money."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back