• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Waltz [Loosely Inspired By DMC; Siblings, Enemies, Redemption and Failure]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I'll be forward, this is heavily inspired by my wonderful time cosplaying Vergil Sparda alongside my friend, who was Dante Sparda, and a moment that was apparently talked about by quite a few others: Dante and Vergil waltzing in the rain. So dubbed "Devils May Waltz".

So, I am looking to do a plot, modern day with futuristic/fantasy touches like demons and the like. I want to do it with siblings or close friends as two of the characters, and then their respective assistants.

The siblings/friends have taken very different paths in lives, and they do not agree with each other. Things will escalate to the point that a confrontation is necessary. Over what, we can decide. It'll depend on the story we want to tell, but it all does lead to one scene when both of them are known, and known as enemies.

I do not see this crossing into incest and I'd rather it avoid that. Just as a head's up.

So with that said, I'll post my usual rules here, as well as a scene I wrote up based on this idea since I can't get it out of my head.

1. Don't God-Mod. In other words, don't make my character speak, don't make my character, don't make my character take damage, and don't control my character. If you want something to go a certain way for plot purposes, just PM me and ask. Usually, I accept "god-modding" during travel and the like. It is usually acceptable to assume movement if a character is already committed to the journey.

2. Please be able to play both genders, and play multiple roles. Your main character(s) may be just male or just female, but I expect all the side characters and NPCs to have life and flavor, too.

3. On the note of pairing: I will always play one female character. So, be aware of that. With that said, I usually also always play one male character, and I do MxM, MxF, and FxF pairings, though I prefer MxF.

4. I only RP on threads, so no PM rps with me. So that I know you’ve read the rules this far, please tell me about your favorite food!

5. Please be able to write more than a couple of sentences as responses to me. I have tried to do “simple” RPs, but I end up not feeling motivated to respond or continue the RP. I will need you to be able to write a paragraph or two, each post, at least.

6. PM if you are interested. The only reason for you not to PM me is if you cannot do so due to the fact you haven't reached 24 hours/10 posts.

“You wouldn’t believe it, but it happened. You know The Twins, right?”

“Who doesn’t know The Twins?”

“Well, they were both at that astronomy professor’s ball.”

“What? Both of them? Even—”

“Yeah, but it just gets weirder. Listen…..”

The Twins were noticed by all present for Professor Liam’s ball, celebrating his time spent in dedication to the art, as well as all of his discoveries. He was retiring. As a known friend of the elder Twin, it was expected that she would show up.

She, who was resplendent in blue, with her silver hair cascading down her back and golden chains hidden just beneath the fall of hair. Now and then, the lights caught them and flickered. Beyond that, she was hardly adorned, save for a single locket in the shape of a heart, with a red gem shining through. People flocked to her, and she occupied an area with her own admirers, sipping champagne and looking down upon those present.

She hardly spoke.

She did not smile.

The younger Twin was also there, not a known friend, but her presence was not questioned. For how different the two were, they’d done little to themselves to change it. Her hair was the same length as her Twin’s, but put up messily. Red was the color of her dress, with a black satin belt and knees showing. People did not flock to her, but she went to them, flirtatiously playing with the strands of hair that fell from her updo and smiling, lips a dark red hue.

Jewelry shimmered from her wrists, but like the elder, she wore a single locket around her neck. Silver, but with the same shining jewel.

Her blue eyes glistened with sparkles and her cheeks were reddened, alive.

Needless to say, the elder was never asked about the younger.

The younger was asked frequently about the elder, and what they were doing there. Always, a different answer was given.

For most of the night, their paths did not cross. The younger was not drawn to the elder’s circle, and the elder did not approach the younger. It was as if they did not know each other nor care to know each other, until some bold man took the elder’s hand and brought her out for a waltz. The man was woefully inept. He could not lead, and stumbled over his own feet, bringing him crashing against the woman.

“Hey there.”

It was the younger who had spoken as life finally seemed to come into the elder’s eyes.

The elder stepped back as the man released her, “C’mon, you can’t go stealing my date like that,” the younger said. The man received an assessing looking from the elder, before the younger was tossed a dubious ‘really?’ look.

Then, the elder promptly walked off. Everyone could see the exasperation that painted the younger’s face, before she took hold of the man’s hand and tried to teach him how to dance properly.

The song wound down.

The elder went outside onto the balcony, the gentle misting rain adding a shine to her hair. The moon shone through the thin clouds, adding an eerie beauty that many would have been entranced by, were it not for her body language. Her body language made it quite clear to all she did not want to be approached then, put off by the inept dancer she’d briefly suffered, and yet the younger went out before the orchestra had finished that last song.

No one could quite hear what was said, but everyone saw as the younger offered her hand, and it was accepted. As the new song flowed from the strings and the piano, everyone witnessed the younger take the lead, stepping forward and moving the elder through a waltz, even daring to spin her.

They saw the elder smile as the pair flourished, though it never quite revealed her teeth.

The younger was all but laughing at times.

The chains upon the back of the elder clinked lightly.

Near the end, no one was certain if it was intentionally created by the younger or not, but the elder lost her footing. The younger caught her, the nails of the elder digging into her shoulder hard enough to draw blood as she clung to the younger.

Something was spoken as the elder was righted.

The smiles vanished. Through the mist, it was difficult to make it out—it seemed the younger was pleading.

It seemed the elder was denying, without a word. A hand reached to touch the locket of the younger and that hand was harshly slapped away.

In the sound of flesh on flesh, the elder turned and walked off, leaving the younger on the balcony.

As the fates would have it, the rain decided to come down harder then, while the younger stood. Pain became resolve. The younger ran for the doors through which the elder left, only to stop on the marble steps to stare at the empty space.

Resolve became sorrow.

The younger, also, left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a nifty idea! PM me if you'd like to discuss this in greater detail! Currently, I am in the process of moving and will be good for little else other than tossing ideas back and forth and idea-building, but I'd love to explore this further.

I'll give you a pass because you're moving but when ya answer my pm, be sure to read my rules!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back