• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Waking Worlds and Curious Faces -- Yogscast RP

"Flux is acting up..." Lalna mumbled, deciding now was a good time to intervene given that Rythian wasn't doing anything to attack him. He carefully but firmly took Nano's hands and had pried her away from the gauze she was holding too close to Rythian's wounds to be safe. "Nano listen, I know you can't hear me well but there's some part of you that can still hear me, you know that. You don't need to worry, I'm right here, just stay with me Nano. Just listen to my voice and find your way back..."

Rythian frowned as he watched the two. This was... interesting to say the least. On one hand, he had never seen flux taint on a person so badly like this... it was usually only found frequenting land masses and could be decently contained and minimized with silverwood... but this seemed different. On another hand, he hadn't ever seen Lalna act like this towards a person. The Lalna he knew was... well... Lalna.

It was difficult but possible to pry the gauze away as Nano sat there, half there and half not, "Lalna, have they come to attack us again? " She asked, coming out just a bit to be able to commune with him, but the question she asked made no sense. Who was they? Again? It was nonsense, surely.

Once he had managed to pry the gauze out of her hands, he tossed it hastily on the bed and half hugged, half tackled Nano, holding on tight to her. "Nano it's ok, you're safe here, this is a new world remember? We're safe here and there's nothing to worry about. Just listen to my voice, I'll wait here with you until you're back, it's ok." Lalna had his back turned to Rythian, fully focusing on his apprentice.

The full contact was well enough to snap Nano out of it as she took a harsh intake of breath and pushed at him, "Lalna!?! What the hell are you doing!?" She exclaimed, squirming away from him like she always did, unaware of what had happened.

Rythian sat there, watching the two in silence as he idly grabbed the gauze and started to finish the bandaging on his own. This interaction gave him... quite a few questions and quite a bit to think about.

“You don’t- remember?” He trailed away letting Nano squirm free, why was he surprised? She never did remember. But at least this time hadn’t started breaking down into tears. Lalna shook his head, “Nevermind! Don’t worry about it!” Saying that phrase always triggered something deep inside him but he never knew what. That was besides the point. He turned to Rythian cautiously seeing that he was finishing up the banadges himself.

Nano rubbed her head with a sigh, "No... no I don't..." She mumbled before looking back over at Rythian, "Hey! I was doing that!" She complained, clearly frustrated with the fact that the injured man was tending to himself.

"I can do this just fine. Not to mention, I'm no longer as certain that I trust you messing with wounds with a condition like that." Rythian muttered as he finished wrapping the wound and sealed the bandages in silence before looking up at the both of them, "Care to tell me where I am?" He asked. His voice had lost that bitterness it had towards Lalna earlier. Though he was still frustrated and angry at Lalna, it wasn't his first concern any more. After all, taking the man on like this wouldn't end well for him.

“My-“ He motioned towards Nano vaguely, “Our new home, Panda Labs. Can’t really tell you where exactly on the map we are though. No towns nearby and depends where you want to go. But, Rythian, I mean, shit- you’ve been gone for a while, last I heard you were off in the Twilight Forest. That was before Nano came along.” Lalna pauses in his thoughts, remembering that the real actual Rythian was in front of him and that now was probably not a time to be so curious, but he couldn’t help but ask questions.

Rythian grimaced, "Yea... yeah we were all in the Twilight Forest... I got... separated from them and the next thing I know I was on the Overworld at night with nothing." Rythian muttered, frustration seeping into his voice as he spoke, "Then I got knocked out and now I'm here... so..."

Nano frowned, "Them? Who's them? Was there anyone else where we found him, Lalna?" She asked, getting up to put away the rest of the first aid kit.

Lalna tapped on his arm, nervous habit, “You must mean Zoeya and Teep. Is- is Zoeya... okay?” Lalna mumbled something else under his breath and looked away. “Well, none of my concern.” He said harshly, “No, we didn’t see anyone else in that field Nano, it was just the mobs surrounding him.” Lalna thought for a bit calming his voice, “Rythian, you left for the Twilight Forest back when the Jaffa Factory was still running, right?”

Rythian frowned at the mention of the two, rubbing the bridge of his nose with a sigh, "No, Lalna, she's not okay." He muttered, but quickly changed the topic because he didn't want to dwell on it if he was going to be stuck here, "Yes that Factory was still running last I checked... I never had much of a reason to go look at it, though... why?"

Nano finished putting the stuff away and just leaned against the table, watching the two men in front of her and listening to them talk. She didn't know much of anything that they were talking about. Rythian, Zoeya, Teep... they were all foreign names for her. I mean, she knew the Jaffa Factory and those guys a bit, but not much personally.

“Rythian you remember the time we had to- ah, change worlds for ...reasons...?” He avoided Nano’s eye contact and hoped Rythian wouldn’t bring up exactly why they had changed worlds. “Well, the Jaffa factory isn’t really working anymore, not since about two worlds ago. It still exists don’t get me wrong, but it’s abandoned at this point.” Lalna wondered if he should sit down to explain this to Rythian. “Listen Rythian I think, you’ve been gone longer than you think possibly.” Lalna fussed with his goatee out of habit, not sure how he should go about this or how correct this theories were.

Rythian sighed at the mention of the old world, but didn't expand on it, easily picking up on Lalna's hesitation. The news was surprising to him, but not... too surprising, "Some dimensions work on a different time than our own... It's not shocking that I'd have been gone longer than I wanted to be... But this is certainly... longer than I thought it had been." He muttered. It wasn't great news to him. Especially because he didn't know if Zoeya and Teep were still in the Twilight, if they were safe or not...

“Well from what I’ve figured out, we all went through what we’ve nicknamed the Moonquest world, and after that all came back to this original world only to find that it’s been a while, to the point where everything is overgrown but at least life seems to have returned to most of these places.” Lalna hesitated at the ‘most places’ part. He looked like he wanted to say something else but closed his mouth and stayed quiet.

"And how many places are in disrepair?" Rythian asked, staring at Lalna and his hesitation. Part of him wondered just how many places the man had already created disrepair in by now.

Nano listened to the two as she thought back to all the places she had priorly been... A good portion of them were being upkept by their respective owners but she was well aware a few of them were abandoned as well... Her mind went back to the old castle and she frowned, shaking her head at the thought. No need to remember that incident.

Lalna shrugged, “A lot of us have moved on to new places. Lomadia and Nilesy live nearby, as does Sjin? And I think he was working with Xephos or something? And I’m not quite sure where Honeydew has run off to. And there’s a new group of fellow outcasts who just moved in recently. Who else am I forgetting? Well, you get the idea.”

"Hatfilms. Don't forget, bloody Hatfilms." Nano muttered from across the room, a scowl on her face. She had very little kindness to show those idiots.

Rythian sighed, "Well... I suppose I'll have to find my way back to the Twilight..." He muttered, already going to stand after his recent injury. The man had little patience and was as stubborn as a mule sometimes.

Lalna smiled at Nano’s reaction, “Yes that’s who I was referring to, those fucking assholes.” Lalna turned back to Rythian, “You really shouldn’t be trying to stand yet, your side might open up again. Not like I care if you die but it would be a bother to clean up the blood off the floor again.” Lalna said, hardly any malice in his voice and mostly talking out of habit, shaking his head at the endermage’s stubbornness.

"Ah, yes, because I'd be so much safer here in your home, Lalna." Rythian said sarcastically, wincing a bit as he stood and the strain pulled at the wound, "Regardless, I don't think you want me here any longer than I want to be here."

Nano frowned, "Wait, you are kidding right? You're not just gonna leave like that? You don't have any gear and I'd give it a day or less before a wound like that tears open from running around from mobs!"

Lalna frowned, “He’s not kidding Nano, he’s stubborn and would go hopelessly running around in the woods with no gear just so he can be the hero. He’s always been like this.” Lalna crossed his arms, he’d been worried for his life before but now he was just annoyed. Same old Rythian, stubborn and doing anything to save his precious friends, not like he could complain about how sappy that was now that he had Nano... Lalna shook his head feeling all to similar to how he used to be. He might have Nano now, but he was still Lalna, the mad scientist, the powerful, who could destroy cities, or castles, at a single push of a button... wasn’t he? He straightened his back and prepared to summon his sword from his inventory. “Rythian, Nano’s right, just, stay for one night so we can make sure that the wounds don’t immediately get infected. I won’t even be in the same room as you, just, stay and rest for now. Going now with no gear won’t change anything compared to going tomorrow.”

"Going now would buy me precious time to get started on regearing and heading back out and finding Zoeya before something bad happens!" Rythian argued, staring down at the man with frustration in his eyes.

"Dude, I don't know you that well, but you'll find whoever you're looking for and I'm certain they'll be fine! What's... what's the worse that could happen?" Nano said, walking up to the two and putting her hands out to gently motion for them to calm down.

“Rythian, if you couldn’t fight off a hoard of monsters healthy then what makes you think you’ll manage to fight them off with your intestines falling out? Then you’ll respawn with nothing again, and have wasted perhaps days or weeks. But besides that, I don’t think that you have anything to worry about, if you’d been in the Twilight Forest for a short while and we had been past two worlds already then time must go slower there anyways. If Zoeya and Teep are still in there then they can wait a bit longer.” Lalna shrugged, “I guess it’s no skin off my back if I let you die out there though- “ Lalna bit is tongue from saying what he wanted to say next. He looked away, outside.

"Lalna, you don't understand. You've never had sympathy for other people and the effects dying has on folks. You waste lives like they're just something you can buy. Zoeya suffered immensely at your hand and she still hasn't recovered. Those two don't know the Twilight Forest like I do and they're both accident prone! If I don't get back there and she dies again I don't think she's-" Rythian went silent, holding his head in one of his hands. No... he didn't want to think about that. It took enough out of him preforming the feat he didn't even want to think about having to do it again or worse.

All the while Nano listened to the two with growing anxiety. Whatever Lalna hadn't told her, these two seemed to have some sort of history and it wasn't a nice one... The way Rythian spoke made it seem like... well it made it seem like Lalna was the bad guy... Her face scrunched at the thought. He... he wasn't a bad guy... was he?

Lalna was taken aback at this comment, he wasn’t that heartless, but he certainly had to agree, he still saw respawns as nothing and death just inconvenience, but they were, it was! “What are you talking about Rythian, sure the respawns go a bit screwy sometimes but as far as it’s been observed there isn’t a limit to the lives you loose for us half mortals. But that’s besides the point, you’re treating Zoeya like she’s a defenseless little girl! I might not know her well, but she’s your apprentice. I can’t imagine that she’s just a bumbling fool that never learned a thing you taught her! She knows her way with a sword, with magic rings and with spells!” Lalna snapped back, he was loosing his patience.

"ZOEYA DIDN'T RESPAWN LALNA!" Rythian yelled, quite suddenly, his form rigid with anger as he tried to restrain himself from grabbing the man's neck, "She didn't respawn... Lalna, I had to expend far more than I was comfortable with to get her back... She lost an arm because of you, because of your lack of care on people's lives, Lalna," He said, his voice low as he spoke, "She may know her way around a sword and a few rings and spells, and... your bloody fucking tech, but I don't know what will happen if she gets killed again and I'm not willing to risk finding it out."

Nano blinked, a bit taken aback and startled by the man's yelling and story, she looked over at Lalna, searching him for some kind of explanation, an answer, anything. A person couldn't actually... die like that... right? She wanted to think it was all a cruel joke, some kind of over exaggeration by the man... but the emotion in his voice... she wasn't certain.

“What, but that- sure there’s mortals but- us Players can’t die, we’re not Mobs! We’re half mortals! How could she possibly have actually died!” Lalna was trying process everything, “Permanent death is only something seen in the Villagers society or NPCs but to us, well, we just can’t die!” This was a very confusing revelation to him, and he wasn’t sure what he should be more scared of. The fact that Zoeya had, and could possibly, die and was in danger; or the fact that he wanted to learn more, study this and pick it apart with little concern for what Rythian was actually saying.

Lalna shook his head, “Well, what will you do if she’s not even in the Twilight Forest, what if the same thing happened to her as did you! You’re going to run around the Twilight Forest desprate and wanting to protect her but you don’t even have a plan yet!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back