• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy VR-MMO-RPG Role Play

What map would you prefer? (Look for the post I mention it in)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Are there any details that you're willing to talk about beforehand? Personally I wouldn't mind waiting, but I'm sure a handful of people (including myself :P ) are curious as to any decisions that you've considered to be included in the RP, such as classes and races, or the style of play, like dice rolling, stats, etc, just in case anything has been decided to be kept or changed from previous discussions.

For starters I won't be using dice, except for maybe a few occasions where I feel chance will be benifitial to the RP. I'm not going to make you focus on stats too much during the actual RP, but it certainly will be an aspect. For instance if you aren't a tanky character and I feel you are taking too much damage without being at least close too death then I will call it out. When I get back later (which will still be several hours after school ends because of tennis matches) I will elaborate a bit more on the races and classes.

Here are the races and classes.

Races: (arching classes, then primary classes follow a - )

Ancients:

-Wood Elf

-Dark Elf

-Orc

Animal-Peole

-Cat-People

-Wolf-People

-Lizard-People

Outlanders:

-Treant

-Necrosa

-Demonling

Classes: (followed by what races may be that class)

Warrior

Orc, Dark Elf, Cat-People, Wolf-People, Treant, and Demonling

Guardian

Orc, Wood Elf, Wolf-People, Lizard-People, Treant, Necrosa

Assassin

Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Cat-Peope, Lizard-People, Necrosa, Demonling

Ranger

Orc, Wood Elf, Cat-Peope, Wolf-People, Necrosa, Demonling

Woodsman

Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Cat-Peope, Lizard-People, Treant, Demonling

Mage

Orc, Dark Elf, Wolf-People, Lizard-People, Treant, Necrosa

Monk

Orc, Dark Elf, Wolf-People, Lizard-People, Treant, Demonling

Bard

Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Cat-Peope, Lizard-People, Necrosa, Demonling

Druid

Orc, Wood Elf, Cat-Peope, Wolf-People, Treant, Necrosa

If you have any suggestions for what to call the Animal-People (and its primary classes) then I'm all ears. I've asked my friends and they are all useless. I have backup names for them, but I'd rather not take the names from Skyrim and WoW. And I'd you feel like you have a better name for Demonling feel free. It's basically a demon spawn. I happened to notice when you say it out loud it happens to sound very similar to dingaling.

will there be any dual classing or just single classes ?

also maybe felids for the cat people

Last edited by a moderator:
Sort of. Your race is more than just for looks and has its own abilities. In a way the races are a second class. There will also be sub-classes, but these don't have any direct benefits in the field.

Karcen said:
hmmm any chance dancer will be like a subclass of bard?
All subclasses are available to every player regardless of class and race. I'm going to list some basic subclasses when I put the RP up and just let people chose basically whatever subclass they want as long as it follows the basic rules of sub-classes. My question is what kind of ability would dancer have?

well i would run it off something like a D&D dancer where trigger a different dance can do different things examples are like one that for long as you keep the dance going you hit for extra fire damage, one where you have to basically channel a dance for a minute no getting hit then for 10 do doubt damage or one that like a bard for long as the dancer dances they apply a buff to the party this makes them very high agility and high damage but they can only wear cloth so bit of a glass canon focusing on either dancing so long to cause an effect or causing an effect so long as they dance.

As far as having to wear light cloths, a sub-class does not have that kind of function. Since all sub-classes are available to all classes it really doesn't work since say a Guardian (who's focus is on defense) could technically use said sub-class. However, the dancer sub-class just wouldn't work at all for what you are describing. The abilities you described are very similar to what the bard does. Remember, sub-classes do not have direct benefits in the field. A couple of sub-classes for example are blacksmith and cook.

so the sub classes are professions not actual classes oh well no dancer

also i think of bards in more support capacity they are team focused rather than the glass cannon dancer idea

Ha, one detail I forgot to say that's kind of important. The bard is similar to what you described as a dancer, but primarily directed towards others, though they still get the effects themselves. And yes, sub-classes are actual classes. If it were a simple profession you could run a forge in the back of your restaurant. Besides, what I described a sub-class to be isn't just from the top of my head, it's what many actual MMOs use. Regardless, I have much of this all laid out in my notes and ready to transfer over to the RP format when I have more time.

i may not play the same mmos as i have never really found one that counted those as sub classes they limited to professions but never a monk that is a blacksmith as a subclass it is always from me a monk with black smithing but i get what you are saying there the professions are a big part and you can't just do them all as for playing a bard we will see i was looking for a flashy class with lots of movement.

As far as movement goes, I would recommend Assassin, Monk, or, Woodsman. If I had to choose the flashiest class, however, I would probably say Warrior. I'm personally going with an Assassin character.

Though I wouldn't advise getting your heart set on something before you know all of the details.

@Karcen

I was just wondering if you were aware that in 13 more posts (from when I post this), you will have reached your 4,000th post.

Hope no one minds me poking my head in and saying I'm quite interested in this, if it's still going anyway. Though I'd like to ask for Demonling what is the general look of one? Or is it based off another mmo that I can look up?

As of yet I have yet to write an overarching description of a Demonling that I am satisfied with. As I continue to work on this, I am still making changes. That's why I was resistant to telling what the classes and races were, but I figured it would be enough to convince people I was making progress and possibly reignite their interest.

I'm sorry, but I literally can't post it right now without having people sign up and then lose total interest by sitting there with a character doing nothing. Next week I have regionals for Tennis and State the week after that. State ends my season, and I'm hoping we can start right after that. I'll have sign ups open w seek from Monday at the earliest. I leave for state the next Thursday and will only be able to use crappy hotel wifi to check for post every morning and night unless we stop by a fast food place for dinner or something. I really am sorry. At the time I posted this thread I didn't realize how much time tennis would take.

Ok, I feel guilty for making you all waiting as long as you have, so I will get the RP set up and running hopefully by Monday. In the mean time I will set up some extra details to hopefully make it more immersive. However, if it is not up by Monday please understand that tomorrow I have two more tennis matches and Homecoming and Sunday will be my biggest homework time. I hope there is still people who are still interested and if you are one of them, I applaud you.

So I put up the beginnings of the RP, but until tabs come in (all 6 of them) I can't work on it.

Slow. I just got back from Regionals last night and have been doing a lot of homework today, but have done some work. I'm trying to make it look more "professional" and organized with some tabs (and maybe some other BBCodes, I'm not sure yet) and that took some time. In the Mechanics tab (I also got like, 5 new tabs) I have used BBCodes to put tabs, inside tabs, inside tabs for the various races.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back