• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy VR-MMO-RPG Role Play

What map would you prefer? (Look for the post I mention it in)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Shog

The Infinite Being
If you're here, then hopefully that means you know what the title stands for. If not that is fine to, I will just have to teach you. I've been wanting to do this Role Play for a while now, but I can't seem to settle on good details. In this RP you will play a gamer in the shoes of their character. You will have a piece of headgear that keeps your body from moving, but your mind is put in the position of your character, much like SAO. Unlike SAO, however, you will not be trapped in the game. The point of the RP is for the players to form a guild and play with whatever the game throws at them. That's not the point of this thread, though. In past RP's I have done like this there were basic classes and types of magic your character had. This time, however, I'm breaking it down into Race, Class, and Sub-Class to add a greater variety of players. I can handle the Classes and Sub-Classes, but I need your help with coming up with Races. There will be the basics like Human and Elf (maybe half-elf, I'm undetermined), but I want some more unique and interesting Races. The requirements are that they are general enough for people to be able to find a variety of pictures for and they have the general shape of a human. If anyone has suggestions I am open to suggestions.

well any time i play any kind of fantasy game i usually just play as an elf so i wont be much help there sorry

lukeallen1108 said:
well any time i play any kind of fantasy game i usually just play as an elf so i wont be much help there sorry
and actually we could just come up with a race foe our characters on the spot when we make them

-Glances at thread then grins- Oh its RACES you need... Now, tell me, what setting is this? (The VRMMO's setting)

StoneWolf18 said:
-Glances at thread then grins- Oh its RACES you need... Now, tell me, what setting is this? (The VRMMO's setting)
This will be in an open world fantasy setting. it won't have very much similar to modern day at all.

lukeallen1108 said:

and actually we could just come up with a race foe our characters on the spot when we make them
I might resort to that in a later RP or something, but I tend to plan everything ahead of time.

Shog said:
This will be in an open world fantasy setting. it won't have very much similar to modern day at all.

I might resort to that in a later RP or something, but I tend to plan everything ahead of time.
ok its your rp so its whatever to me

Shog said:
So medieval? (limited technology) if so I might be able to get quite a few races for you...

StoneWolf18 said:
So medieval? (limited technology) if so I might be able to get quite a few races for you...
Please. I have a few in mind, but certainly not enough.

Shog said:
Please. I have a few in mind, but certainly not enough.
Click here for a list of races in depth as far as naming customs, language, history, etc. They're for a setting like this so I think they'll fit quite nicely.

StoneWolf18 said:
Click here for a list of races in depth as far as naming customs, language, history, etc. They're for a setting like this so I think they'll fit quite nicely.
Thank you, I will look into this.

lukeallen1108 said:
so are we gonna have the characters start off in the game at lv one and progressivly lv up and get stronger or what
I was thinking start at like lvl 45 maybe so we start of with some substance.

Shog said:
Thank you, I will look into this.
I was thinking start at like lvl 45 maybe so we start of with some substance.
oh ok, i thought it would be cool if like in sao it was the realease of a new game that most of the players dont know anything about it and they have to learn it as they go

lukeallen1108 said:
oh ok, i thought it would be cool if like in sao it was the realease of a new game that most of the players dont know anything about it and they have to learn it as they go
I've done that before on a couple of other RP's, but I noticed everyone trying to use skills that were more powerful than a beginner should know. I might start it at an earlier lvl like 20 or 25, but IDK.

Shog said:
I've done that before on a couple of other RP's, but I noticed everyone trying to use skills that were more powerful than a beginner should know. I might start it at an earlier lvl like 20 or 25, but IDK.
ok

This sounds like a really fun idea! A few common races are things like dwarves, gnomes, goblins, orcs. Demon spawn (like tiefling from DnD) and angel spawn (Deva for another dnd example) characters are fun too if balanced properly.

Thank you everyone for the ideas. I now have races and am working out classes. Since the main group in the RP will be in one guild, I thought I should pose this question: What should the guild name be? Leave suggestions and I will post a poll once I have enough ideas.

Shog said:
Thank you everyone for the ideas. I now have races and am working out classes. Since the main group in the RP will be in one guild, I thought I should pose this question: What should the guild name be? Leave suggestions and I will post a poll once I have enough ideas.
That depends on what the guilds main focus is.

StoneWolf18 said:
That depends on what the guilds main focus is.
I beg to differ. It's true I'm not much of a guild person when I play MMOs, but I've seen lots of guilds in my time and most of them appear to have no connection to their guild goal. Heck, I've seen a merchant guild named Lunar Wolves. I'm not saying their aren't guilds that have names based off of their goal, such as Blood Knights, but they are far less frequent. Most of the guilds I've seen, even large ones, just try to go for an epic sounding name.

Shog said:
I beg to differ. It's true I'm not much of a guild person when I play MMOs, but I've seen lots of guilds in my time and most of them appear to have no connection to their guild goal. Heck, I've seen a merchant guild named Lunar Wolves. I'm not saying their aren't guilds that have names based off of their goal, such as Blood Knights, but they are far less frequent. Most of the guilds I've seen, even large ones, just try to go for an epic sounding name.
Hmmm, alright. Heres some I thought of...

Born of Ancients

Nighthawk's Cry

Shroud of the Sun

Forged by Iron

Archers of the Line

The 4th Suspect

House of Night

Found by Blood

Fang of Fools

Lord of Wings

The Element of Truth

I wouldn't mind doing this. I I dont know much about sao but I do know .hack which is simuliar concept

Users who are viewing this thread

Back