вооɢᴇʏмᴀɴ

@Rissa

So far, I have two planned out to be implemented in to the thread. At most, I think I would allow 2-3 more in there if they provided help in pushing the story along.

[QUOTE="mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y]Thinking now... I think I will accept only one more psychic... x 3 x aka 3 psychics max.

[/QUOTE]
Well it was a psychic or a beast, lol (maybe even a skin walker or vampire IDEK everything looks so good uGH) but I'll see how it goes when everything starts up 8D

@Rissa

No worries.
xD I just wanna make sure that the psychics function as a way to push the story along when interacted with. I feel like they will play an important role that can affect most of the cast (again, if interacted with).

And, no worries.. I have like...

A native psychic.

An outsider magic-user.

A native vampire.

A native human.

... like... I want to make everything.
xD

[QUOTE="mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y]No worries. xD I just wanna make sure that the psychics function as a way to push the story along when interacted with. I feel like they will play an important role that can affect most of the cast (again, if interacted with).

[/QUOTE]
Completely understandable!!

[QUOTE="mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y]... like... I want to make everything. xD

[/QUOTE]
Dude... same here. Like at first I was all vampire and then I was like well damn them magic users look pretty fuckin interesting. Damn, so do those psychics.

Well shit, so do those beasts and skin walkers...

SO WHAT'S THE MAX AMOUNT OF CHARACTERS

Last edited by a moderator:
mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/10129-clarinetti/ said:
@clarinetti[/URL]
I actually don't have a timeline for the time being. I want to refine and make sure that my setting and plot is on point for what I want for this thread. It will be sort of open ended with plot that will open up depending on the actions of the characters. For the time being, I say shoot ideas and what not. Maybe, I can incorporate them in the story and what not to trigger plot moving?
Mm, of course, it's all good- just was curious. If I come up with any ideas, I'll be sure to let you know!

Quick question/ verification btw: in one of the info posts you mention how the townsfolk are afraid of leaving the town and crossing the boundary line. Would that therefore mean that no one's ever crossed it, or at least left and returned alive? What about spirits or when a shaman is in spirit form- would they be capable of travelling beyond this barrier of sorts?

@Rissa

FFFFFFF-! That's like the hardest question ever. I think I'd just put limit on the types of characters and what not. And, if you can have as many characters as you can handle/keep up/contribute to the thread. Like, all four of these guys have a purpose in the thread and what not.

@clarinetti

I feel like those that have crossed it (because curious kids and what not) wound up changed, killed, or worse in the long run. Used as examples or ghost stories among the next generation and what not. As of now, I am working on spirits to combine my ideas and look into how spirits are with Native American lore. At most I was thinking of doing something ambiguous at best so it's all interp for the time being. I think the mention of spirit walking would be considered a power and what not. And... spirits traveling that barrier... thinking now... that's like... a death sentence. I will not go into detail, but, I feel like the idea has been tried by someone in the town... and it just ended in tragedy.

mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17557-rissa/ said:
@Rissa[/URL]
FFFFFFF-! That's like the hardest question ever. I think I'd just put limit on the types of characters and what not. And, if you can have as many characters as you can handle/keep up/contribute to the thread. Like, all four of these guys have a purpose in the thread and what not.

@clarinetti

I feel like those that have crossed it (because curious kids and what not) wound up changed, killed, or worse in the long run. Used as examples or ghost stories among the next generation and what not. As of now, I am working on spirits to combine my ideas and look into how spirits are with Native American lore. At most I was thinking of doing something ambiguous at best so it's all interp for the time being. I think the mention of spirit walking would be considered a power and what not. And... spirits traveling that barrier... thinking now... that's like... a death sentence. I will not go into detail, but, I feel like the idea has been tried by someone in the town... and it just ended in tragedy.
Ok, I figured as much, just wanted clarification if possible. Basically, at this point people/spirits can come in, but they don't often get out (At least not alive or the same as before).

Also, I don't know if you're still working this out, but is there any sense of hierarchy/bias between the different kinds of supernaturals/humans?

Quick! I need face claim assistance. I'm not good at finding real models. Dx

@clarinetti

That is information I should add actually. I believe that i have mentioned that humans and inhumans of Dry Valley are aware of one another and work together to keep their town going and safe. The idea I have is the big factions of the town would represent their group as councilmen, voicing their overall stances for their community. A mayor is in place to lead the town as a whole and mediate them accordingly.. and remains neutral in the matter (supposedly). At most, they all work together for one cause (as mentioned). They may have differences in beliefs and opinions that can clash with one another, however. I think I may leave that up for interpretation.... but would doing a simple guide/hash out of things be a good idea?

@Rissa

Good luck.
xD You can also plan and bring people in at anytime too!

CRiTiCAL ERR0R][FONT='PT Sans']Quick! I need face claim assistance. I'm not good at finding real models. Dx[/FONT] [/QUOTE] GIMME THE DEETS [QUOTE="mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17557-rissa/ said:
@Rissa[/URL]
Good luck. xD You can also plan and bring people in at anytime too!
yaaaaaaaaaaaas 8D

I'll draft a few character ideas and post em within the next few days

Rissa said:
GIMME THE DEETS
Not even sure yet. I'm thinking a quirky female, maybe teens or early 20's. Offbeat (as in not typically seen appearance), but nothing that would make her stand out too much like a delinquent. xD

@clarinetti[/URL]
That is information I should add actually. I believe that i have mentioned that humans and inhumans of Dry Valley are aware of one another and work together to keep their town going and safe. The idea I have is the big factions of the town would represent their group as councilmen, voicing their overall stances for their community. A mayor is in place to lead the town as a whole and mediate them accordingly.. and remains neutral in the matter (supposedly). At most, they all work together for one cause (as mentioned). They may have differences in beliefs and opinions that can clash with one another, however. I think I may leave that up for interpretation.... but would doing a simple guide/hash out of things be a good idea?

@Rissa

Good luck.
xD You can also plan and bring people in at anytime too!
Yes, I do recall you saying that humans were aware of the supernatural community and that they collaborated in order to protect the townsfolk. You could do a mini-guide if you wanted, but unless there are specific social prejudices at play (Ie. Group A historically hates Group B, Groups XYZ are known to agree/ collaborate on these issues), I don't think it's necessary.

clarinetti said:
What is it exactly that you seek?
Edit: Nevermind, seeing your response now- I'll see what I can dig up.

Yes, I do recall you saying that humans were aware of the supernatural community and that they collaborated in order to protect the townsfolk. You could do a mini-guide if you wanted, but unless there are specific social prejudices at play (Ie. Group A historically hates Group B, Groups XYZ are known to agree/ collaborate on these issues), I don't think it's necessary.
Rissa said:
xD I think ima need a lil more info
but since this is so readily available, what do you think of
her?

also - @mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y will you have a list of major skin walker families/lineages?
I don't have more specifics because I don't actually have a character in mind. I kind of build off of pictures, and so right now I'm not really looking for anything too specific.

But ohh, Rissa. I love her eyes. I mayhaps use that one.

<_<

>_>

What's the model's name?

@Rissa

I actually don't. From what was discussed with other users, we got wolves and a cougar so far.
xD I feel that whoever is the strongest skin-walker sort of leads all of them... and bicker and fight to replace the strongest. xD

mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/10129-clarinetti/ said:
@clarinetti[/URL]
Hmm... now I'm thinking I kinda wanna do that.
xD Like... I want tension and what not as they work together for a single cause. Also...

RACES ARE DONE! :U
Yay, progress!

Well, if you're basing your lore off of traditional folklore, I imagine there might be something there which could provide an outline or some suggestions as to how some groups may behave around one another. To verify, you're largely utilizing Aboriginal tales as basis for some of the races, yes?

Eh... give or take. I know some Native American lore has evolved, changed, and adapted to other beliefs over time. I mostly am taking what i find interesting and putting my own spin on them. I do wanna keep things vague in terms of getting along with one another so users don't feel so weird/off in terms of how people behave. At most, I'm more concerned of how outsiders are treated with the townsfolk. I'd be enforcing that like a madman and making outsiders just as limited as psychics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back