• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Info Vocabulary "I'm Uncultured" Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah woah woah hold the god damn motherfucking phone shit what fuck?

YOU MEAN I COULD HAVE BEEN TALKING NORMALLY ALL THIS FUCKING TIME? I READ YOUR CENSOR RULES LIKE THREE YEARS AGO AND THOUGHT I HAD TO BE A FUCKING 12 YEAR OLD BITCH. 

SHIT FUCK ASS BITCH SHIT ASS MOTHERFUCKER ASS FUCK DAMN SHIT FUCK.

I don't really care, I can use asterisks to get the point across, but in certain RPs, especially ones set in different historical eras, it would be routine for some characters to use racial slurs. I mean, a Southern antebellum plantation owner isn't going to call his slaves "people of color" (or "people" of anything for that matter). 

I guess I'm kind of curious how much latitude we have with skirting the censor. Is it fine to censor certain letters within the word with asterisks so that everyone else knows what we're saying or would that be viewed as a violation? Obviously this question extends only to character dialogue, as people typing out a string of racial slurs in the regular forums would be, rightly and justifiably, cracked down on. 

I don't really care, I can use asterisks to get the point across, but in certain RPs, especially ones set in different historical eras, it would be routine for some characters to use racial slurs. I mean, a Southern antebellum plantation owner isn't going to call his slaves "people of color" (or "people" of anything for that matter). 

I guess I'm kind of curious how much latitude we have with skirting the censor. Is it fine to censor certain letters within the word with asterisks so that everyone else knows what we're saying or would that be viewed as a violation? Obviously this question extends only to character dialogue, as people typing out a string of racial slurs in the regular forums would be, rightly and justifiably, cracked down on. 

It is not fine to replace certain letters with asterisks as that is considered evading the filter, which is itself against the rules.  Using a word made completely of asterisks is fine, however.  (Or completely of symbols, as they do in comics, i.e. @#$%.)  I suggest using that instead of the racial slurs themselves in period writing.  Context will probably get the point across just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mentioned it before but I've never been a fan of the uncultured filter exchange.  Would prefer it'd changed to something different.... 

I think if this site was gonna change its uncultured filter. They should change the phrases to Blizzard's "gg ez" filter in Overwatch. That would be super hilarious.

Woah woah woah hold the god damn motherfucking phone shit what fuck?

YOU MEAN I COULD HAVE BEEN TALKING NORMALLY ALL THIS FUCKING TIME? I READ YOUR CENSOR RULES LIKE THREE YEARS AGO AND THOUGHT I HAD TO BE A FUCKING 12 YEAR OLD BITCH. 

SHIT FUCK ASS BITCH SHIT ASS MOTHERFUCKER ASS FUCK DAMN SHIT FUCK.

THE FUCK YOU JUST CALL ME YOU BITCH?

But that one's okay-

It means rooster.

Or am I thinking of a completely different one?

It is a completely different word.  The one you are thinking of is fine since it has multiple meanings.  This one is a vulgar insult.

Christ... this thread's turned into a shitstorm of bad mouthed sailors. Don't you all have some crab to catch? Get back to work, stop gawking at our freedom of speech. (Also, thanks for that staff I like having flexible dialogue with my characters <3  )

@HarleyQuip It's a bit like this.  Sorry for low audio, it's the only clip I could find and even then I had to narrow it down to the exact moment, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back