• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Visionary Panic [OOC and Characters]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
k so posted up a day early cuz wow gots all inspired by the awesome anime action posts!! (lol Ryan gots nicks for the others too)

Nice posts everyone, gonna move us on tomorrow.

Since we're basically finished our basic introduction on characters and their combat styles, I'm planning to move on to a faster-paced RP style so combat and dialogue don't take months to finish up. I've already seen enough good posts to know the general quality of your writing so I'm going to lift all post length requirements from now on. You're free to do smaller posts if there is not a lot of content to react to in quicker-paced combat and negotiation.

Just putting that out there so people can still contribute without feeling stumped about the content they put out and don't feel self-conscious about shorter posts.

Another poll (please contribute to these, I want to know what you guys want since this RP is about the players not just me):
Would you guys like periods where I'm totally hands-off as GM and your characters interact with each other freely (whether through posts or PM collabs)? I don't want to do this if not having actual plot movement is going to kill the activity of the RP, but I think people might want to do character development and relationships as well.

Another poll (please contribute to these, I want to know what you guys want since this RP is about the players not just me):
Would you guys like periods where I'm totally hands-off as GM and your characters interact with each other freely (whether through posts or PM collabs)? I don't want to do this if not having actual plot movement is going to kill the activity of the RP, but I think people might want to do character development and relationships as well.
k awesome thx. I'm all good with posting reactions since I'm terrible with trying to do collab posts timing wise. But i will say one thing: I think a weekly-ish GM post will keep us moving along cuz once you lose momentum in RP its hard to get it all back.

k awesome thx. I'm all good with posting reactions since I'm terrible with trying to do collab posts timing wise. But i will say one thing: I think a weekly-ish GM post will keep us moving along cuz once you lose momentum in RP its hard to get it all back.
The problem I'm trying to work towards is that so far it takes a week for everyone to get a reaction post in. So and minor interactions like if anyone wants a conversation with anyone else it could take months to actually get anywhere.

I don't want to just railroad you guys along the plot through GM posts. This would cause issues later down the line where the more involved storylines with moral dilemmas and meaningful choices begin.

I for one would love some time for filler/character fleshing out and bonding. I know it can be difficult to have everyone remain active, but maybe those less formal moments would be fun! Some real "friendship saves the day" opportunities :D

Okay okay, sorry to push the post back a day again cuz design block. But the first boss is coming up and I want to make sure I make an impression.

Alright guys the big one has arrived, chop-chop this is your chance to establish yourselves as THE protagonists.

Good luck.

I wasn't gonna drop that one that early, but you guys are all adults and not shounen protag 16 year olds so I think it's fair game.

Alright guys the big one has arrived, chop-chop this is your chance to establish yourselves as THE protagonists.

Good luck.

I wasn't gonna drop that one that early, but you guys are all adults and not shounen protag 16 year olds so I think it's fair game.
...and here you are giving out polls all worried about charries building relationships but nooooooo instead you decide to say screw that noise and just kill us all lol. Sussssssss....

J/k all goods. So questions then:

1) Do we know what the blob is that is holding the people? And do we have any idea who the "Get outta here!!" guy is in the building?
2) How badly surrounded are Carson and Ryan? Can we see them from ol' Uncle Yorick's shop?
3) The big, big basket head boi Muduo, did we see it crush the PA tower? If so is that normal? Like do Muduo go after noisy things too or is it just a case of it going all Godzilla knocking ovrer buildings kinda-dealie?

...and here you are giving out polls all worried about charries building relationships but nooooooo instead you decide to say screw that noise and just kill us all lol. Sussssssss....

J/k all goods. So questions then:

1) Do we know what the blob is that is holding the people? And do we have any idea who the "Get outta here!!" guy is in the building?
2) How badly surrounded are Carson and Ryan? Can we see them from ol' Uncle Yorick's shop?
3) The big, big basket head boi Muduo, did we see it crush the PA tower? If so is that normal? Like do Muduo go after noisy things too or is it just a case of it going all Godzilla knocking ovrer buildings kinda-dealie?
1) Depends on your eyesight. That guy is Owenios of the Blue Markets, people who does a lot of business in the Blue Markets might have heard of him before since like...he tells people you can eat Muduo, but knowing a person exists and recognizing them in person are different things so that's up to individual judgment.
2) Something like a geyser of small Muduo piling on them can be seen, it's just flailing all over the place.
3) Second case, they don't care much about sound they care about people and their eyeballs, so it's just a case of random destruction.

1) Depends on your eyesight. That guy is Owenios of the Blue Markets, people who does a lot of business in the Blue Markets might have heard of him before since like...he tells people you can eat Muduo, but knowing a person exists and recognizing them in person are different things so that's up to individual judgment.
2) Something like a geyser of small Muduo piling on them can be seen, it's just flailing all over the place.
3) Second case, they don't care much about sound they care about people and their eyeballs, so it's just a case of random destruction.
K lol yeah. Rai knows who the guy is. Well not personally (tho one of her aunts should) but her former STF squad leader, her Mama and, by default, Clan Wicked family members don't trust him due to trafficking of Visionary bodies that they suspect he may have a hand in taking/dealing.

And she was the last to strike the Amalgam so she would have seen Owneios, but I'mma say she defo didn't see the blobby thingie or else she will go confront him and investigate cuz lone wolfie. And rn I'mma say that she don't see Carson or Ryan either tho UGHS cuz she would be all grrr-rowr selfish and focus on Owenios, the siren, the broken tower then of course the big boi basket head.

Should have a post in a couple days to let others react first.

K lol yeah. Rai knows who the guy is. Well not personally (tho one of her aunts should) but her former STF squad leader, her Mama and, by default, Clan Wicked family members don't trust him due to trafficking of Visionary bodies that they suspect he may have a hand in taking/dealing.

And she was the last to strike the Amalgam so she would have seen Owneios, but I'mma say she defo didn't see the blobby thingie or else she will go confront him and investigate cuz lone wolfie. And rn I'mma say that she don't see Carson or Ryan either tho UGHS cuz she would be all grrr-rowr selfish and focus on Owenios, the siren, the broken tower then of course the big boi basket head.

Should have a post in a couple days to let others react first.
Facing down the biggest external threat of the last...3,4-ish decades? And chose to focus on the person who tries to preemptively warn you about it. Yep sounds about right.

Oh yeah humanoid muduo haven't been sighted in city for at least 30 years. So there's barely any first hand assessments of their strength.

Last edited:
K so posted cuz I won't have time to do it tmrw. But anything you'd like me to edit I can fo'sho do that if you'd like. Letme know!!

No issues, if there are major issues in posts I would actively speak about them.

Don't worry too much about combat stuff, just do whats cool (but within reason). I'm not out to get you guys I swear, tis the first step to becoming anime protagonists, what's more protagonist than disobeying authority warnings and engaging in a highly dangerous job with no material gain.

I've actually significantly nerfed the entire concept of humanoid muduo from the first draft, the original concept was like
LldrhIR.png
Well, sort of, it was the earliest draft I had of the monsters in the mist concept, although the term "muduo" was decided very early on what exactly they were and their power scaling came much later.

No issues, if there are major issues in posts I would actively speak about them.

Don't worry too much about combat stuff, just do whats cool (but within reason). I'm not out to get you guys I swear, tis the first step to becoming anime protagonists, what's more protagonist than disobeying authority warnings and engaging in a highly dangerous job with no material gain.

I've actually significantly nerfed the entire concept of humanoid muduo from the first draft, the original concept was like

Well, sort of, it was the earliest draft I had of the monsters in the mist concept, although the term "muduo" was decided very early on what exactly they were and their power scaling came much later.

K cool. thx. But k this also goes out to everyone else too: if you'd like me to edit Rai's post to work with what you had in mind, like since no else has posted yet, I can still change it up k? And if it isnt clear: Rai is gunna toss the speaker at the Muduo to check its reflexes before jumping in there and start whacking away at it. She'll have a surprise follow up as soon i get another post in.

Wow boss!! Tremendous art skills be tremendous. I might have to toss that tag line somewhere in my post sometime too lol

Okie now is a good time to mention that this is a part to build teamwork. Essentially, humanoid muduo are impossible to solo for normal visionaries because of the process needed to kill them.

The most standardized method of killing humanoid muduo is known as "peeling", it's sort of taught in Misthart training program but no one had used it practically for the last 30 years so it's just theory. Humanoids are a little smarter and the bulk of there eyes are protected by flesh, and this flesh they have control over better than the lower muduo so it just regathers after being torn away. Peeling is when someone forcefully peel off the flesh and hold it open while others destroy the eyes. Due to the size nerf I did these things are now much denser so that has to be rinsed and repeated cuz they're eyeball lasagnas.

Feel free to use this strategy after round 1 and discuss ooc what the game plan is, this fight is meant to be difficult. Or use another way, but teamwork is pretty much needed. After you win you guys will get a news headline (and others) as reward.

alleycat alleycat TreasureSniper TreasureSniper BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia BFabulous BFabulous

EnvelopeBees EnvelopeBees I hope you are okay and safe.

He didn't like taking orders from other people, but in this case, he'll make an exception.

AAAACK!! I'm dead... didn't mean for Rai to bark out orders to Tony... she was supposed to say that: she was going high and after the arms left then right cuz she wanted to test its rodent arm reflexes. Pfffffft... now I just put in canon she got all bossy there. lol me but not really. Low-key curious to see how that plays out... Anywaaaaaays...

Going after arms was part of the 'unlayering' plan I was getting her to hint. Arms then she'd fake out going for the head and start digging and slicing away at the underbelly part. Ya gots my idea with the grenade but yours is more cooler. I was thinking of going big and using a flash bang to stun/blind it for a bit but its a bold move cuz Visionaries need to have eyes open to use powers. Buuuuuut... if we close our eyes and turn in time... Tossing a grenade was the reason I wanted Rai to test its reflexes by tossing the loud speaker first. Cuz it would utterly suck if it swatted the flash bang and it landed in front of Carson and Ryan lol but not really lol. So thinking of doing the flash bang as soon as there is a nice opening/gash to blow up internal eyeballs.

But now that Rai got all bossy-bitch-like there thinking of switching up plan so that she is going to intercept the other arm now instead (or whatever counter-attack against tony happens) and just use her Telekinesis to parry the strike. She will play support/meat sheild for him after seeing the ogre sized butcher knife slice and dice away at the Muduo.

But gunna wait for others to post first just incase we need an air lift to get Carson and Ryan out of their predicament if need be but Jaclyn most likely has best eyes on the whole squad to coordinate?

I absolutely love the idea of filler for our characters. It's a good way to keep interest while there is a lull or pause in the story.

I think we have a nice set of characters to do peeling successfully.! If Tony could fill an item with enough kinetic energy to pierce a few layers, then he could have the final hit.

I absolutely love the idea of filler for our characters. It's a good way to keep interest while there is a lull or pause in the story.

I think we have a nice set of characters to do peeling successfully.! If Tony could fill an item with enough kinetic energy to pierce a few layers, then he could have the final hit.
Tony is gonna use the Kaio-ken on this Muduo! Though I have a feeling someone else is probably gonna finish it off. We can have the people with firearms charge him up to power him up. He is basically the team's frontliner, able to tank and dish out decent damage, but doesnt have that much in the form of utility.

Tony is gonna use the Kaio-ken on this Muduo! Though I have a feeling someone else is probably gonna finish it off. We can have the people with firearms charge him up to power him up. He is basically the team's frontliner, able to tank and dish out decent damage, but doesnt have that much in the form of utility.
Not sure thats how the Kaio-ken works

I want the tentative move on day to be Sunday again but at this rate not sure if most people would get posts in.

Please try to post at least once a week and earlier if you haven't yet.

ANIME IS THE WAY!

I'm working on my post now! Also don't have kids unless you are completely prepared!

Alright guys, there's only three people who have posted this round so I'm going to assume that the others are either too busy or would want to drop or something.

As the RP seems to be grinding to a halt would you guys want me to brute force move it on with three people, try to fish for new people, or give up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back