• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Viking Fairytale RP

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
8deae4db87bedc02df917cdbadb1e490.jpg

I'd love to make a Viking RP. The RP will be very folkloric and reminiscent of fairy tales rather than the hard cruel outlook of Vikings. I'm leaning towards inspiration from movies like Wolfwalkers, How To Train Your Dragon and Brave.

Would focus around a group of children growing up in a Viking city/village. Adults and other roles would be allowed too. There would be a focus on village life and exploration and adventures within the village. Children playing with eachother, drinks and toasts and partying, jobs like smithing, hunting and telling stories to eachother and general Viking life. Eventually the plot would explore the group going beyond the village and would have various villains and eventually a world saving plot.

I'll probably have the RP start out with characters as children and have general timeskips and have the intro begin with them beginning training against monsters or journeying outside the village.
I want to keep the interest check simple but I'll definitely come up with some lore.

Norandgar
The village of Norandgar is full of the brightest warriors, the best parties and most of all...Vikings!
Most children are trained to be great shieldmaidens or great Vikings.
Monsters exist, and most Vikings are trained at a young age to combat them in case of encounter.
Weakings and those who are avid from fighting are generally looked down upon.

The Great Melting

The Snowy lands of Irllnolf have begun to melt in the last couple years. The legend of the Red Wolf, a story told to children has told of a day when the lands would melt and heroes would go on a great journey to save the lands of Irllnolf from destruction

Yes I'm craving it right now. I need more peeps.

Questions:

Do we have any playable mythical creatures?

Can we make playable mythical creatures?

Will we be including Nordic mythology, if so, we need to work out what's cannon—

Can we make gods????

Questions:

Do we have any playable mythical creatures?

Can we make playable mythical creatures?

Will we be including Nordic mythology, if so, we need to work out what's cannon—

Can we make gods????
I think I might allow for animal or monster/mythical creature companions as NPCs or extra characters but the focus will on people so mainly Vikings. I don’t think I’ll allow anyone to be a god.

I think I might allow for animal or monster/mythical creature companions as NPCs or extra characters but the focus will on people so mainly Vikings. I don’t think I’ll allow anyone to be a god.
Awesome~

Followup question:

Shapeshifters?

Awesome~

Followup question:

Shapeshifters?
I do think that people who can turn into animals or creatures will be possible just not every kind of creature.

edit: I’m probably leaning towards animal shifters since I was inspired by wolfwalkers. I’ll have to decide what’s allowed and not later though so nothing is set in stone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back