• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern VIGILANTE

yoikes

The (Not So) Evil Mastermind
Rockford city has been a hotbed for criminal activities for the past decade, and it's getting worse. It's not just because the economy inequality and all the gang and mafia are currently at war against each other, but because - as the police find out -  a certain mastermind acting behind the screen. The police, from their inside sources, managed to find out that a certain group, led by a certain someone, has been manipulating Rockford for a year at least. This man, the leader of Vortex, cleverly pit the gangs and mafia families against each other and then start selling weapon to all of them. Not just that, this man also make sure that the war will disturb the economy in the city- resulting in the price drop of houses and building near the turf war to which he will buy quickly.

The police, and the mayor, soon realize that the man is planning to turn Rockford into his own little playground. Somewhere where he rules, with money and influence and weapon. They need to stop him, but the police and the government is too corrupt. There is no telling who is still clean and who has been bribed by the man- or any of the gangs and families. The police chief do know that there is at least six faction inside the police organization. He and the mayor, knew that there is no one that they can truly trust but themselves... and the victims of the war and Vortex.

The mayor ordered the chief to investigate the victims of the turf war and the Vortex, finding several people who lost many and who lost everything, who are angry and spiteful and vengeful at everything. The chief contacted them, inviting them to join a secret project privately funded by the mayor with the help of several businessmen who want the war to be ended and the Vortex to be disposed of. A team of vigilante, who will enforce the law no matter what it takes to do, are then equipped with a set of expensive gadgets. From gun-taser, EMP grenade, magnetic glove to a bulletproof power suit. 

Folks, I was just about to holler Interested myself ... until I read the last post.  Sigh.

I once started an RP titled Vigilante Code that I was considering rewriting.  Thing is, I don't really want to run it. I am looking for someone else to actually run it.  I lack the energy to do so on a constant basis.

It is similar to a degree but pitted bad ass normals against superpowered villains.  Basically like sending a bunch of junior Batmen against metahumans.  For the most part the tech was normal or near future.  We start with relatively normal gear and have to improve on that as time goes on, drawing off gear stolen from the villains.

The original version had a set number of openings - each a stereotype.  Strong Man, Martial Artist, Athlete, etc ...

The supervillains were backed by organized crime.  Think Hydra or Cobra.  Yes, there was a GI Joe organization called Legion, but it was semi active.  Most investigations were being done by Interpol.  I also had a few metahuman heroes, though mostly they were victims or there for info, some retired for many years.  My favorite was one named Vanguard, an early sort of Iron Man but as old as Ben Parker (and NOBODY tells his wife if he dons his old gear!)

Folks, I was just about to holler Interested myself ... until I read the last post.  Sigh.

I once started an RP titled Vigilante Code that I was considering rewriting.  Thing is, I don't really want to run it. I am looking for someone else to actually run it.  I lack the energy to do so on a constant basis.

It is similar to a degree but pitted bad ass normals against superpowered villains.  Basically like sending a bunch of junior Batmen against metahumans.  For the most part the tech was normal or near future.  We start with relatively normal gear and have to improve on that as time goes on, drawing off gear stolen from the villains.

The original version had a set number of openings - each a stereotype.  Strong Man, Martial Artist, Athlete, etc ...

The supervillains were backed by organized crime.  Think Hydra or Cobra.  Yes, there was a GI Joe organization called Legion, but it was semi active.  Most investigations were being done by Interpol.  I also had a few metahuman heroes, though mostly they were victims or there for info, some retired for many years.  My favorite was one named Vanguard, an early sort of Iron Man but as old as Ben Parker (and NOBODY tells his wife if he dons his old gear!)

I'd join this!

Sigh ... too many more of you say that and I'll have to do a re-write and set up a hosted project.  At least that way I can assign a moderator and even transfer ownership.  I even had an initial crime designed to get the vigilantes to start their first mission.  (I had to smack my head when half the people who joined clearly hadn't considered the possibility of being shot or hunted by police.  No armor, flimsy masks, no gloves.  Guess they never heard of forensics.)

So far I see three who are interested.  Another couple and I will call it enough to build an RP.  Maybe I could get Too Much to GM it or co GM it.  Or ... maybe I'll write it up later today,but keep it closed to sign ups until we have enough interested.  the history of the setting I built goes back to the 19th century for the characters, a very few even older.  LOL, there are a few gods.  But I chose ones that were used in popular rpg's to be fought by mortals.  Like Lolth from AD&D.  There is a group of legendary villains - enforcers - right out of fiction.  Phantom (from the opera and book by Susan Kay, but altered), Mr Hyde, Moriarity, and so on.  There were 7 supervillain groups (one for each head of Hydra).

The whole things starts when one of the villains kills a kid in a very, very public way (burned alive in front of his mother's house).  He was a grad student working on a cure for Sickle Cell Anemia.  Now if something like that doesn't scream for Vigilantes to come and investigate, make up your mind to take up the cause of justice, what does?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back