Chitchat Vent/rant space!! Come talk about your feelings c:

AsterPog

Aster :: They/Them
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! I'm Aster, and I thought that it'd be nice to have a little thread for people to vent/rant on. If you're going through a hard time, feel free to talk about it here! I'll reply with advice or words of comfort, think of me as your digital parent and/or therapist for the day C:

I'm going to tell a friend that we can't talk for a while; almost completely no contact for as long as I need.

I still love them as a friend, but the issue is that I also love them as more than a friend and I have for over two years. It's obviously not a healthy interest considering I've been interested for so long with no feelings reciprocated, but I also feel like I was led on in a way.

For a short time, we were involved in a way. It was mostly consensual from both sides (I say mostly because, as far as I was aware, we shared the same feelings for each other and otherwise I wouldn't have done the things we did). The closest description to our situation would be FWB, except I thought we were heading towards something more. We basically did a lot of things that an established couple would do; we kissed, spent the night together, went out on "dates", etc.

To make a long story short, eventually I admitted my feelings and found they weren't reciprocated. My friend claimed they hadn't meant for it to go that far, but at the same time I feel like boundaries were being pushed that went beyond just friendship. It's hurt for a long time knowing that we did things and I was the only one that felt anything. It still hurts now knowing I'm the only one going through these feelings and they're walking away like nothing happened. It really hit me when they started talking about being interested in someone else. I'm happy for them, and I genuinely hope that if they get together they treat each other well, but it was super hard to hear it. They didn't even have to move on and I'm stuck here in a moral dilemma. I don't want to hurt my friend by not talking, but if I don't get over them our friendship is going to deteriorate anyhow.

I'm not sure if there's any advice anyone can give. I'm only trying to figure out if I want to tell them before or after we have a little holiday get-together with all our friends. I want it to be a good send off before we stop talking, and I don't know if I should tell them what to expect or what. But yeah, there's my melodramatic little story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back