• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Venice Beach House

Tristan had retreated back to his seat upon the mention of a cookout. He was more of the grab-and-go kind of guy, rarely stepping into the kitchen unless it was to reheat leftovers. He waited out there on the patio for the better part of twenty minutes, while everyone got to work on their dishes before finally shrugging himself to his feet and making his way into the kitchen.

"You all are doing a great job, keep it up. Especially you, Suits. Didn't figure you for the cooking type." He stated, giving her a smug wink to show that he was speaking all in good humor. He circled the kitchen, grabbing a spoon from the utensil drawer and found a place at Byron's side. Without warning, he scooped a bit of salsa from the bowl and popped the bite into his mouth

. "Just making sure it's not poisonous, ya know?" He mumbled with a smile, as he swallowed the mixture. Tristan wasn't too picky when it came to food, but the salsa had that fresh bite -- practically restaurant quality. "Not half bad, Barbie."

Brooke~ I quickly showered and changed into a loose blue evening dress that reached my ankles. I walked down stairs ad saw a variety of wonderful food. I smiled. "This food looks amazing! Tell me who made each dish!" I said excitedly

"Ahh, you showered already?!" Alice said as Brooke walked in. "I'll go shower now. Ah, watch out for the water on the floor... sorry about that, I'll clean it up..." Alice took her towel and rubbed at the water to dry it up.

"If there's anything missing from the cookout... dessert or something, I can make it when I get back."

She wrapped her towel around her again and ran off to her room and bathroom, slipping slightly on the residual floor water but catching herself on the doorway.

Brooke~ I smiled at her funny dorkiness. "I'll make desert!" i exclaimed. I pushed my hair over my right shoulder.

Last edited by a moderator:
After showering, Alice brushed her hair and put on a warm weather clothes. Remembering that it was almost evening, she grabbed a random jacket and walked back to the kitchen. It seemed like everyone was cooking... except her. So Alice looked around through the pantry and fridge. She found a bunch of fruit—apples, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, blackberries, honeydew, and more—and started to cut them up. After Alice finished, she put the fruit into a bowl, covered it with a sheet of plastic wrap to keep bugs away, and went out to the barbecue and placed the bowl on a table nearby.

I went to grab flour, chocolate chips, eggs, butter, and cooking supplies. I was planning to make fat free and sugar free brownies

Byron could not believe that Klaus hadn't heard of salsa... or tacos for that matter. She playfully shook her head, "Well, Klaus, we'll have to find you a nice taco shack to get you familiar with the food." she suggested, as she turned around again, hearing Alice's question. "Yeah, I'm not sure if there are chips or not, did you find any?" she questioned Alice with a kind smile. She strained her ears once again, waiting for a response. However, she shrugged her shoulders, and turned back to her bowl, which was still filled nearly to the brim. She was proud of her masterpiece, and was also impressed that she remembered all of the ingredients as well.

Her eyes glanced over to Tristan as he walked up to her side, and took a spoonful of her salsa. Byron chuckled and crossed her arms with a huge smile. "Poisonous hm?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow, smirking calmly. "As the food professional, did I do alright?" she asked Tristan, cocking her head slightly to the side, waiting to hear his feedback.

After coming back into the kitchen, Alice heard Byron. "Oh right, chips... Um..." she dug around in the cupboard until finding a bag. "Yeah! Got some. Here," she set the bag down, opened the bag, and tasted the salsa. "Ooh, it is good," Alice said with a smile. She heard Brooke loudly sing about brownies. "Brownies amazing and happy and like all things good in the world."

[QUOTE="Keira Winston]Brooke~ no seriously, does anyone want brownies? (I really just said that to get their attention xD )

[/QUOTE]
((Lol oops xD ))

Hunter woke up to the aroma of food, slightly opening his eyes as he rose up from his bed. For a moment he was confused, not remembering his plan on taking a nap. The last thing he remembered in fact was packing away his clothes in some of the drawers. Must have fallen asleep... Hunter thought before he ruffled a few fingers through his mousy brown hair. The young adult then stood up and glanced in the mirror real quick to fix his hair before wandering downstairs.

There were people all around, in the kitchen cooking, and they all seemed to know each other. He stood there for a few moments, taking in the scene. A natural, friendly lop sided grin curled along the edges of his lips before they parted. "Hey, it looks like I've missed out on a lot so far..." He said with a soft chuckle as his blue eyes examined everyone, not knowing where to settle. "The name is Hunter," The male added before walking up the island and smiling as his eyes looked at the different types of foods being prepared. "Wow, everything looks so good. Can I help with anything?" Hunter asked as he cocked his eyebrow, wanting to be nice and offer anyone his help if they needed it. Although, everyone looked like they knew what they were doing.​

"Yes yes I want brownies! Do we have time to make them though? We still have to eat all of this... How long do you think it'll take Klaus with the kabobs?"

Brooke~ "hey, com'on everyone has room for desert xD . I dunno how long it will take though" 
Brooke~ "Hey, Hunter, I'm Brooklyn, you could call me Brooke," I introduced myself

"I'd give it a solid... seven out of ten." Tristan gave Byron a subtle smile, as tossed his spoon into the sink from across the kitchen. "I just don't want you growing an ego on us."

Tristan ran an hand over his mouth taking in the group effort in the kitchen, quickly settling on the fact that he could get used to this arrangement fairly quickly. The being cooked for part at least...

"Make your brownies, sweetheart." Tristan called to Brooke from across the room, having interacted with the girl little before this. "I promise they'll get eaten." She was going to be one of the bigger personalities to deal with in the house, as she seemed to exist so much outside her head; however, Tristan settled on giving her talkative nature the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she was just excited to meet everyone.

When the new face made their way into room, he flickered two fingers as a greeting. "Tristan." He offered up his name, before making his way to the fridge and removing several trays of ice and dumping them into a large bowl. "Great seeing another dude." Tristan called over his shoulder as he continued working on the task he assigned himself. "I was being to think Thor and I were living in a glorified sorority house."

Hunter smiled and nodded politely towards Brooke as she introduced herself, before his eyes lingered over to Tristan who followed up with his name. A small laugh parted his lips at his comment, a small smirk curling along his lips.

"That wouldn't be such a bad thing now, would it?" He teased before walking over to the cabinets where he began to search for a cup. Once he found one he walked over to the fridge and placed some ice cubes in the cup before filling it up with some water. The male leaned against the counter and looked over at the kabobs that were being prepared as well as some salsa. He felt bad for falling asleep upstairs, because he would have loved to pitch in and help out with the dinner but it was late to start anything. The young adult wouldn't be able to finish it in time for the dinner, so he watched as everyone worked busily, casually sipping at his drink.

Once he was finished he decided to grab some table clothes, napkins and utencils so he could set the table. Hunter wanted to make himself useful, and he did not want to let everyone else do the work.​

Byron put a hand over her heart, as if she were offended by Tristan's rating to her salsa. "I don't think you have to worry about my ego, but you might wanna check your own ego." she winked and gently bumped his hip with hers as he walked away. Byron shook her head with a deep exhale through her nose as she replayed Tristan's words. 'That was some guy' she thought to herself as she slid the salsa into the fridge and turned away.

She listened to the new guy introduced himself as Hunter, "Byron." she said simply with a four-fingered wave and a warm smile. She looked up at the guy, and then back down to the new bowl that she had placed in front of herself. She tapped her fingers on the counter, and thought simply. "Is anyone willing to go to the market with me to get some mangos, corn, and some other things?" she asked, reaching for her car keys that were still deep down in her pocket.

"Oh, I can go to the store with you if you want. Ah, hi Hunter, I'm Alice." She counted off on her fingers: "Mangoes, corn... maybe some bread? Brooke, do you need anything for your brownies?"

Hunter finished setting the table, and he sighed quietly and glanced around at the eight seats to make sure everyone had the simple necessities: a fork, knife, spoon and napkin. His eyes drifted over to a female, Byron, who introduced herself a few moments ago, as she asked if anyone was willing to go to the market with her.

Everyone else seemed busily consumed with their tasks of making food, and he was empty handed with nothing left to do. Gently he raised his hand, smiling softly at her as his blue eyes rested upon her visage. "I'll go with you, I'd like to check out the area anyway," Hunter replied as he strolled over towards her. A drive would be nice, that way he could see what this area had to offer. Plus, they could pick up some food at the market for the week, different fruits, vegetables and meats, that way everyone could make themselves their own meals.

Hunter loved to cook, and he did it as often as he could​

Brooke: well, u could buy whipped cream and vanilla ice cream to go with brownies

Byron nodded, glancing from Alice to Hunter, smiling with a happy gleam. "Awesome! If anyone else wants to go, there are two more seats available in my car." she told, to anyone else who was still working, or who were contemplating a decision. She twirled her key ring around her index finger, and slid her feet into her gray Vans. After successfully taking her hair out of her ponytail, she looked around the room, and began to make her way to the door. Her blue eyes followed the excitement around the room, and smiled to herself.

Byron looked back to Alice and Hunter, who were hopefully following her to her car. About mid-step out of the front door, she paused and leaned her head back. "By the way guys, is the Camaro in the front drive, in case you were wondering." she called out to whomever wanted to listen. Then, Byron opened the door and started to make her way towards her lovely s10. She unlocked her car doors, and began to slid into the front seat of her car.

Alice followed after Byron to her Camaro. She hopped into a seat and said, "Brooke wants whipped cream and vanilla ice cream, and I'm pretty sure there's none in the fridge or freezer. Also, do you know where the grocery store or market is?" Alice looked out the window and smoothed her skirt. It was a habit that made her conscious of every wrinkle. At least it was a black skirt so creases and folds didn't show as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back