• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Venice Beach House

Brooke~ well I made sure I was on the second floor and had a balcony so I chose 8. I'll find it myself. I'll go swimming after I unpack

"Are you incapable of finding it yourself..."Faye muttered quietly, her lips once again pursed as she surveyed the group again. The newcomer, Klaus, seemed like an okay man, but then again she knew nothing abut him. This Brooke girl however...talk about batting eyes to get what she wanted. She was around women like that all the time, and being who she was, she wasn't going to deal with that on vacation too. "They're down the halls, just find out. Besides girl...my room is room eight. You may want to choose again."

Brooke: I rolled my eyes at Faye. She is so up tight. Hopefully the rest of the people r loose and fun loving unlike her 
Brooke~ She probably thinks I'm just a pretty girl and that I always try to get wht I fricken want. I actually hate to be seen like that. I drag my suitcases up the stairs and to my room. I chose room 6 because it had a balcony too and also because room seven would be next to that annoying uptight business woman. I realized that my balcony had a perfect veiw of the beach and it's over the pool. "Perfect," I smile to myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ooh can I go swimming with you too?" Alice asked as Brooke was leaving. She hoped her and Faye would get along better but could kind of see both sides of their nonverbal argument.

Brooke: I organized all my clothes in the gigantic walk in closet. I changed into my torquoise fringe bikini and walked to the pool. I dove right into the pool. I was pretty sure Alice was coming.

With each newcomer that came through the patio door, Tristan increasingly lost the desire to repeat his name. If it was true that they'd be living together all summer, than everyone would get to know each other eventually. Why rush into everything now?

He clapped his hands together as he stood to his feet, stretching his back and running a hand through his hair for good measure. "Well, I'm starving." He stated, despite having ate only an hour earlier. "Suits, Barbie, Thor --any of you all fancy some grub?" He asked, glancing around at Faye, Byron, and Klaus in turn.

Klaus turned his attention to Bryon and smiled.

"Bryon, ja? That is an interesting name." He said.

He followed her gaze to the woman who looked as if she was very important, and Klaus wondered what she was about. Klaus smiled at her, and turned to look at Tristan.

"My name is Klaus, not Thor."

"Yeah, I can go for some food."Faye groaned and pulled herself out of the chair and tucked her phone into the strap on her thigh and crossed her arms over her chest in her usual stance and gave a polite smile back to Klaus when he smiled at her, then turned her attention back to Tristan. "I'm sure there is enough food in the kitchen to make something, perhaps a little cookout would be nice, don't you think?" It was an attempt to be sociable, and why not? Barbeque was a good summer meal, and as far as she could tell they were all there to have a good time.

Alice awkwardly backed away from the group since Tristan didn't mention her name. She walked back into her room and changed into her red and white bikini. Then she turned down the hall and heard splashing. She followed the sound and found Brooke in the pool. "Ooh I like this pool!" Alice dove in to join her.

Byron's eyes out up at the mention of her name, her blonde hair flipped gently as Tristan made the suggestion of grabbing grub. She nodded and stood on her feet, readjusting the waist of her jean shorts before she responded to Tristan's question. "I'm up for a bite." Byron spoke smiling and she took a step or two so she was a little closer to Tristan, but not too close.

Byron smiled up at Tristan, then redirected her smile to Faye, who brought up the idea of a cookout. Instantly, a smile was stained. "I love cookouts... Why don't we throw one, just so we can get to know everyone?" She asked, hoping that someone would agree with her proposal. Byron pushed her little fly away hairs away and dug her hands into her pockets as she waited for a response from someone. And suddenly she began to wonder where Alice and Brooke went. Hopefully they would be back soon.

(Sorry if this is short)

Klaus shrugged and nodded.

"I am hungry."

He went inside and looked around for the kitchen, which he found. He walked to the freezer and opened the door and looked inside. There was tons of meats, beef, chicken, sausage, anything you could imagine. Klaus's eyes widened and he smiled, pulling out a case of bratwurst.

"Wir haben Bratwurst!" He called out.

Faye had followed the large German into the kitchen and her little nose wrinkled up when he suddenly got all excited about the bratwurst. "No doubt about your heritage eh fella? Let's see what else." It was an attempt at teasing, and she smiled a real smile this time, not a forced one as she slipped past him and looked into the freezer and began pulling ut some.of the chicken and beef and set it on the counter, then switched to the fridge and found some corn and peppers. "I can make some good kabobs if anyone is interested."

Klaus looked down at the bratwurst and then back at Faye.

"What's wrong with bratwurst? Is it too much for your delicate stomach?" He said.

He smiled back at her, and chuckled. It was his own attempt at teasing her, and he hoped he didn't offend her. He nodded and shrugged at her kebab suggestion.

"I wouldn't mind kebabs." He said in his heavy accent.

"No, there is nothing wrong with it, and my delicate little stomach can handle anything thank ou." She said manner of factly, but she still had a smile on her face at his teasing and started unwrapping things. "Why don't you go outside and get the barbeque bit ready and I'll take the meat, including the bratwurst, and make up the kabobs?" she offered, holding her hand out for the meat he still held.

"Of course, I will help." He said.

He handed her the meat, and their hands lightly brushed together. He opened the drawers, looking for a lighter. After going through a few of the drawers, he located one and smiled at Faye.

"I hope you know how to prepare the bratwurst properly." He said with a wink.

Rolling her eyes, she gave a small chuckle and for some.odd reason, completely out of her normal behavior, she cracked a joke. "I know how to handle sausages okay? Bratwurst can't be that difficult. Now shoo." she waved her hands at him, shooing him towards the outside patio, "A lady can't cook with this distraction, go do something useful."she teased yet again and returned behind the counter to prepare the meat.

"Then maybe you should prove it!" Klaus said as he was shooed out of the kitchen.

He walked outside and found a bag of charcoal and lighter fluid in the shed with a grill. He pulled the grill out and dumped the rest of the bag into the girl, doused it in lighter fluid and lit it. The charcoal caught fire and began to burn.

If her eyes rolled any higher they'd get stuck in her head. At least there was one goofball of a man that she could tolerate in this house. Byron and Alice didn't seem so bad either, but that Brooke girl she could live without knowing. Not saying that she would be purposely rude to the girl, but she didn't appreciate the prissy types. "I'll bring out the neat in a moment, just need to skewer it!" She called out to Klaus once she cut up the meat and peppers and hunted down the skewers, having to hunt down the damned items in the kitchen because of course they were shoved in a random drawer by the utensils.

Byron stood on the patio, watching the two leave, and waited. Her hair fell infront of her eyes, allowing a small chuckle to escape. She puffed her hair out of her face and smiled to no one in particular. She looked over to Tristan and then began to walk towards the kitchen. "I'm going to go help out with the food. I'm sure if you don't eat all of the food, you're welcome to come as well." she teased with a smirk. Byron giggled softly and continued on her walk to the kitchen. She stumbled upon the expertise of Faye and Klaus with a wide smile.

"Do you think I'd be able to make some salsa?" She asked both of them, not really addressing the question formally. Her long hair was soon thrown into a ponytail, which sat on the back of her head, with no order what-so-ever. Her persistent blue eyes flicked from Faye, to Klaus, and back again. Byron stood in the corner of the kitchen, slowly grabbing a few tomatoes, onions, and other herbs. She would be making salsa anyway, but she just wanted an answer before she made too much, or too little of the salsa.

"Oi, schnell! The grill is ready!" Klaus said.

He poked the charcoal a bit more to make sure it was burning and put the grill and then the lid. He brushed his hands together and walked through the open door into the kitchen. Where he noticed Faye and the girl named Byron. Bryon was making something with vegetables and Faye was still working on the kebabs.

"Bist du fertig noch?" He asked, then quickly repeated in English. "Are you ready yet?"

He shifted his gaze over to Byron and raised an eyebrow.

"Byron, was it? What are you making?"

Byron looked up with a little skip to her heart beat. She stopped digging through the kitchen, pulling out cilantro, peppers, parsley, and olive oil. She set the produce on the counter and pulled out a knife or two from the drawer beside her. nearly forgetting to respond to Klaus' question. Her hands moved with the knife in her hand, quickly dicing up the tomatoes that were placed on the cutting board. Then she stopped herself, and looked back over to Klaus. "I am making a fresh garden salsa for the cookout." She explained with a kind smile. Her attention was drawn to the meat that Klaus had seemed to be working on with Faye.

"What are you making, Klaus?" she asked him, as she returned to her chopping. She slid the tomatoes into a bowl, and began to mince up the cilantro and parsley. She hummed to herself; cooking relaxed her in a way that nothing else could. Byron was frequently pushing the pesky pieces of her hair that didn't fit into her ponytail out of her face, and behind her ears.

"I'm not making anything, ich warte auf die Köchin. She needs to finish preparing the kebabs and bratwurst so I can grill it." He said. "Do you like bratwurst?

He raised an eyebrow at her and looked confused.

"What is salsa?"

Byron looked over her shoulder for a second, and then back down to her knives and veggies. "Yeah, I like bratwurst, but I haven't had bratwurst in a long time." she explained, wiping off the remainder of tomato and onions off of her knife and into the bowl that was already filled to the brim. As she began to hum again, she heard Klaus ask her a question that could have quiet possibly made her rethink everything. "Salsa?" she repeated, grabbing the bowl, and walking over to Klaus. "Salsa is a mix of tomatoes, peppers, onions, parsley, cilantro, and a lot of other herbs. I like to eat salsa with chips, and tacos. But some people eat salsa with a lot of other foods." Byron explained, kindly showing him the salsa that she had prepared.

"I see, I've never had salsa before, or tacos."

He looked down at the bowl filled with the different vegetables and herbs. It looks delicious, but Klaus didn't want to taste it in fear that he wouldn't like it and in turn offend Byron. He looked back up to her and smiled kindly.

"It looks good." He said. "Where are you from?"

After swimming around for awhile, Alice got out and dried off and wrapped herself in her towel. She heard voices coming from the kitchen and went in, making wet puddles of footprints on the hardwood floor and tile. "Ooh, cookout? I can make egg rolls or dumplings... Those aren't really cookout types of food though." She looked around the kitchen. It was very spacious and all right of them could have comfortably prepared food there together at the same time with room to spare. Alice saw Byron making salsa.

"Wow, that does look good. I wonder, do we have any chips?" She began digging around in cupboards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back