• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Venice Beach House

LXsongbird

Spaghetti Master
It’s early June, and summer is beginning. You are sent to a beach house in Venice Beach, L.A., called the Blue Ocean House. However, you find that there are seven other people who will be staying with you in this house for the entire summer! Will you make friends? Enemies? Lovers?

Anything can happen c: (within the realm of slice-of-life/reality...)

eec37de5-04f2-40ad-a6fe-4ecf3763ce87.1.12

30-Small-Bedroom-Interior-Designs-Created-to-Enlargen-Your-Space-14.jpg

green-room.jpg

beach-house-interior-design-6.jpg

RPN rules apply

no god-modding, no bullying, the usual stuff :)

i reserve the right to boot u out if u violate the rules

Alice dragged her luggage toward the nice-looking beach house. She wanted to hurry up and get in the water, but had to unpack all her stuff first. She entered through the doorway.

"Wait a second..." she said out loud. There was a sign-up sheet hanging on the wall where you were supposed to write your name and room number. Hold on, there's MORE people staying here? Crap...

She noticed there were eight rooms. Uhmmm... Alice scribbled her name next to room number four and left the entryway, looking around for her room. I wonder when the other people are going to get here.

Hunter arrived in Venice Beach early in the morning, after a five and a half hour flight from the East coast. The male rolled his suitcase out to the curb, waving his hand in the air in hopes of catching a taxi on the busy morning at the airport. After a good five minutes, he managed to snag one, where he threw his suitcase in the trunk and went to sit in the passenger side of the vehicle. The car ride was short, especially compared to the long flight over from his home state of New Jersey. The taxi driver was busily talking on the phone, in a foreign language that Hunter was completely unaware of, so he turned his head to look out the window as they drove along the coast.

Most people in their lifetime pay a visit to the beautiful state of California, but this was Hunter's first time. Well, he had been here once before, but he was only two and it was for only three days, so it really did not count in his mind.

Once the taxi cab pulled up to a large beach house, a small smirk rose along Hunter's lips. His fair blue eyes examining the beach house that stood proudly before him. He had never seen anything like it before, especially not out on the East coast. "Thank you," Hunter said to the taxi driver as he handed him the money for the drive over before slipping out of the obnoxiously colored car. The young adult walked to the trunk and grabbed his suitcase before watching as the taxi driver drove off. For a moment he stood at the sidewalk and allowed his eyes to admire the beach house before he let out a long sigh.

Hunter then strolled up to the house and entered, his eyes widening in awe at the magnificently architectural house. His eye managed to catch a glimpse of a sheet of paper that was hanging up on the wall that one would directly see as they entered. The male strolled up to it, chewing on the inside of his check as he noticed room numbers and eight slots next to them, one already being taken by a girl that goes by the name of Alice. Hunter wrote down his name next to the number one slot in his sloppy handwriting before grabbing his bag once more and making his way up to his room. He figured he'd unpack first, then maybe go down by the shore and check out the area.​

"Yeah...yeah I know, I'll have them submitted on Monday...Christ Charlie just learn how to do it while I'm gone! No...no I am not working while I am here. Goodbye."

Irritated with her partner, Faye shut off her phone with a flick of her wrist and stared at the beach house before her. It was nice enough, though she didn't know what compulsed her tocome here, especially since she was more pencil skirts and business than flip flops and sand. But...she was told to take a vacation or be fired, so, sucking it up, she walked up the steps, ready to get this over with, and yet again paused when she saw the sign up sheet. "Oh hell..."

It wasn't bad enough she was forced to vacation, but now her travel agent had a sense of humor? With a groan, she took the room numbered 8 and printed her name and was off, shutting her door with a sigh and started unpacking.

It had been a long trip for Byron; leaving her home in Orlando, Florida. She'd left two days before she was expected at the beach house, she knew it took a good 40 hours to drive from Florida to California. It was a good thing that Byron loved road trips, because she didn't know how else she would have been able to make the enduring trip. Surprisingly enough, Cali looked very similar to Florida; she'd be adjusting very easily to her home for the summer. Byron was above excited to be in a new state; new experiences, new people, new places, and the food was hopefully going to be different. She'd have to find out for herself.

Byron's blue eyes raced with the fast-moving landscape outside of her windshield. A smile laying among her lips as she made her way through the bustling towns. She stopped at a red light, looked back into the backseat of her
2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible to check her luggage, and then back to the stop light, that was now green. As she get closer to the beach house that she would be staying in for the rest of the summer, her stomach gained a new feeling. Byron's smile grew bigger, and the 'butterflies' in her stomach faded away. Her ambitions were high, and the adventures seemed grand. She drove up a seemingly endless drive, however; it ended.

Her gently stopped at a complete halt, after a taxi had pulled out of the drive. She smiled to herself as she slid her keys into her bag, and walked around her car to the back side. She haul her suitcases out, and closed the door behind. Before she began to walk away from the car, her hand scrambled around in her bag; fondling for the car keys. After finding the set, she locked her car twice, and threw her keys back into her bag before opening the doors to the beach house. She looked around the spacious beachouse, and saw a sign up sheet that hung alone on the main wall. Upon noticing that two rooms were already taken, she set her bags down, and picked up the pencil.

After writing "Byron" in her manuscript on the line next to room two, she picked up her bag, and began her walk down the halls. It didn't take long for her to find her room, so once she did, she set her bags down once again. She opened the door up with ease, smiling as she loved the feel of the room. She didn't bother to close her door, better to leave it open and gain a breeze then to close it and have the room grow humid. And without further ado, Byron began the process of unpacking all of the belongings that she had decided to bring.

It was a short drive for Tristan, Venice Beach nearly being in his backyard as he was from Orange County. He wasn't much one for long roadtrips, as it was anyway. He'd made several stops along what was supposed to be an hour-long drive, his passenger seat being the graveyard for half-emptied food containers and drink bottles.

As Tristan rounded into the drive, he came to an abrupt stop just inches before hitting the back bumper of a Camaro parked in the driveway of what was supposed to be his beach house for the summer. "What the hell." He muttered hopping out and seeing that the car had a Florida license plate. He shrugged his shoulders figuring whoever it belonged to would come back and get it later or he'd have the thing towed -- no sense in the neighbors parking in his driveway.

He gathered up his things and made his way into the house, surprised to find it unlocked; however, his expression of surprise turned to confusion when he saw the sign-up list for bedrooms. "You're kidding me." He stated out loud, as he pulled the paper from the wall and examined it. He wasn't much one for surprises; though, he was slightly more frustrated by the fact that he didn't good first choice at rooms.

Tristan made his way through the house until he found the kitchen and quickly tossed his stuff in the room closest to it; before doubling back and scribbling his name next to room number five. He wasn't much one for unpacking when he traveled, often living out of his suitcase for the better part of a week until he mustered up the energy to finally put some things in drawers, so rather he made his way through the back door and settled into a seat on the condo's back patio taking in the full experience of the Pacific Ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice heard a few doors closing and assumed that other people had arrived. She looked down the hall but everyone was in their rooms already. Alice looked out her sliding glass door and noticed that it lead to the back patio where someone was already sitting (Tristan). Well... Might as well try to get to know these people... She opened her door and stepped out onto the patio that looked out over the beach and ocean. "Hi... I'm Alice. Room 4. I didn't realize there were going to be more people here..."

"You and me both." Tristan stated his gaze dwelling on the water for several seconds more, before finally looking to see where the voice had come from. He glanced the young blonde over and gave her a subdued smile -- she looked like a good enough time. "Tristan. Room five A.K.A. the room where all your leftovers will likely disappear to." He stated, his attempt at humor lending towards the fact that he was coming to accept this whole "roommate situation."

Byron glanced around at her room, which was now holding all of her belongings, and was almost looking like her home.. away from home. She clapped her hands together, as if there were any dust on them, and pushed all of her baggage away in her closet. Surprisingly enough, the room was spacious, and was very warm and welcoming. Her eyes looked out of her window, which viewed the parking lot, and her heart nearly sunk. There was another vehicle inches away from her very own Camaro. She could have literally wiped away the sweat that formed on her brow. "Holy --" she stopped herself and turned her back towards the window.

Byron opened her room's door and made her way through the beach house, giving herself her own little tour. She made it a point to go out to the driveway, and see if there were any damages to her baby. Byron opened the front door and lightly trotted out to the two cars that were parked inches away from each other. The Georgia license plate intrigued her because that wasn't too far away from where she had come from. However, in that situation, she was not pleased with the care-less-ness of the driver who must have come in after her.

It was now clear to Byron that she was sharing this house with several other people, besides herself. The entire thought didn't necessarily please her, but she could live with it. She hadn't thought of all of the disputes that were going to or were already forming. However, her mind did wonder to the thought of attractive boys. That would make the entire summer shift, and hopefully in a good way.

Pushing past her thoughts, Byron walked back into the house, and proceeded to tour. She stumbled upon the patio, where two of her house-mates were already talking. She smirked and walked up to them, hearing the end of the man's response, and laughed to herself. I hope I'm not intruding, but I just wanted to say hi; I'm Byron." she introduced herself as she leaned against the table, not really planning to stay for to long, as she was hoping to explore some more, and hopefully head down to the beach. "ANd you two are?" she asked, with another one of her smiles.

Alice smirked at Tristan's response before turning to see Byron. "Ah... I'm Alice," she said to both of them. "Room four." She sat in one of the chairs and put her feet up, facing the ocean. Byron was really pretty, she thought to herself. It was a little intimidating. But the way she talked and smiled made her seem easier to talk to and hang out with. That's good, since we'll be spending the whole summer together. Tristan doesn't seem bad either.

"Bloody hell..." Faye muttered as she exited her room. She had ditched her pencil skirt and blouse for more favorable white shorts and black shirt, of course she had a small strap attached to her thigh that held her cell phone, just in case a business call came in, though right now she was busy fighting with her phone case that refused to give up her credit card that she had locked in it when she noticed the others. So...this is who I'll be sharing this place with..Could be worse. She thought and managed a small smile, not too friendly, but it was kind enough for this and at least she tried. She wasn't the best in social situations at all, "Hi there...I'm Faye, sorry 'bout that little bloody comment, having troubles." She apologized quietly.

"Tristan." He introduced himself, moving two fingers in a curt wave as he breathed a loud sigh. He was thankful for Alice repeating her name again, because it had gone through one ear and right out the next the first time she said it. She'd probably have to repeat it a couple more times before he could recall it from memory. "Alice. And.." He turned around to put a face to the name Byron, allowing a wide smile to break on his face. "Alice. And Barbie." He stated, renaming the newcomer with a name he thought would be more fitting. "I've never met a Byron that wears lipstick." He added, just as another one of their housemates joined them.

Tristan glanced her over, scrunching his eyebrows at the energy she was giving off. Definitely, someone who functioned more practically, than on impulse and her smile was just as rehearsed as the one he typically gave on first introduction. "What's your last name, Suits?" He called out to Faye.

"Suits?" Her head popped up at that, so did an eyebrow as she glanced at Tristan, her lips pursing in a manner that really showed she didn't like the name, or really didn't care. It could go either way. "My last name is Richards if its so important. Faye Richards." Her latest introduction was as well rehearsed as her smile, one that she used in an office or meeting an executive, not standing there in shorts fighting with her phone. Oh yes, she was definitely not social, at least she was an awkward social at best.

Brooke~ I drove up to the beach house. I got out of my white Porsche. I lived in Beverly Hills which is less than an hour away but I wanted to stay near a beach for summer. I walked up to the front door and saw a piece of paper. "OH CRAP!" looks like I'm sharing this with 7 other people. I wrote my name and walked inside. I was wearing ripped denim shorty shorts and a white loose lacy tank top that got cut off at my belly botton. I dragged my suit cases inside

Alice smiled at the exchange between Tristan and Byron, then Faye as well. She tried to cover up a laugh. Hey, at least he didn't say anything like that to me...

"Hi Faye. I'm Alice. Um, do you know if this house arrangement with eight people is going to be like this for the whole summer? No offense you guys..." She asked Faye because she looked the most professional, despite wearing beach clothes.

"You're asking the wrong person honey."Faye answered, looking over at the girl who had asked her calmly. She had just arrived, just like them, and that too made her curious. Who had had the bright idea to stick eight people, some may even be minors for Christ sake! In the same house for all of summer while they were on vacation? It didn't seem like such a good idea to her right then, and she only hoped her mind was changed before summer ended. "As far as I can tell, this is a shocker to everyone who has showed up, so I am afraid I can't answer that."

Byron gave out an easy laugh to Tristan, gently shaking her head. "Barbie?" she questioned with a raised eyebrow. The nickname didn't bug her; she'd been called worse, but she did begin to wonder why he'd chosen to call her Barbie, of all names that one could possibly think of. Byron shrugged to herself, and gave her attention to the girl who had introduced herself along with Tristan. "Alice; I like that name." she commented, and gave a kind smile. Byron liked Alice, she was really nice and she seemed to be kind of like Byron, herself.

It didn't take long for Tristan to spit out another comment, but this comment was better than the first thing he had said to her. Byron looked over at him, and smirked with a slight wink. "I think you'd know the difference between lipstick and lipgloss, but I guess not. I'm very disappointed in you, T-money." she joked, and gently nudged his shoulder. Byron hoped his ego could handle her response; she wouldn't want it to crumble.

Byron's eyes gravitated upwards to the high-class woman who'd approached them. At first, Byron thought she was lost, but after a minute, it all cleared up. The woman had introduced herself as Faye Richards, and seemed a little out of place. However, Byron wasn't about to judge her. "Hi Faye, I'm Byron." she exclaimed, smiling genuinely, and gave a gentle head nod towards Faye. Her eyes fell back to Tristan and Alice, whom she was so very happy to have met. She leaned against the table, listening to Alice and Faye have a conversation about the rooms. She wasn't about to bud into that, because she could use a little more knowledge.

No sooner did the conversation start, did another person come to the patio. However, this person introduced herself as Brooke. "Hi, Brooke; I'm Byron. Nice to meet you." she said to the new girl who seemed a little shy.

Brooke~ Where r u all from? What job do u have? *pins hair behind her ear cutely* *smiles warmly*

Klaus's cab had arrived at the enormous beach house and a small smile spread on his lips. This place was awesome, and he was excited to get inside. The cabbie out the car in park and told Klaus the ride was over.

"Danke." Klaus said. "Pop the trunk, please."

He paid the cabbie, got out and pulled his back pack and his suitcase from the back and shut the lid. The cabbie drove off and Klaus started his way up to the beach house. He opened the front door and noticed the sheet of paper attached to a clip board with a list of name scribbled next to room numbers. He quickly wrote his name beside room six and and went up to room six, opened it and tossed his stuff in the room. He'd unpack later after he'd gotten a chance to speak to the others. He left his room and walked down to find the others.

"Aha... Thanks," Alice said in response to Byron. She laughed at Byron's comment to Tristan and then said, "Oh, hi Brooke. I'm Alice." I've been introducing myself way too much. She turned to see another person step out near them. "Hey... I'm Alice." There it is again...

Klaus heard voices echoing through the house and decided to follow them. He opened the door and saw the others.

"Hallo." He said with a grin.

It seems they had been just introducing themselves to each other and Klaus had arrived at the right time. Klaus heard a woman introduce herself as Alice and turned to face her. He smiled and quickly looked her over.

"Alice, was it?" He asked. "My name is Klaus."

Once again, all Faye could do was stand there as the introductions were made again. Instead of constantly repeating her name as Alice seemed to be doing, she settled on taking a seat in a neaby chair, tugging her shorts down to be more decent, gave a small casual wave of greeting to the newcomers, and set on to fighting with her phone yet again. Yes it was true that she was here for the summer with them, and of course she would be polite, but even so, she wasn't....good with people anymore and decided to keep interactions limited and low. Just like business.

Byron looked over at Brooke, who had asked another question, she couldn't quite hear the girl's voice over everyone else's, but she could guess. "I'm from Orlando, Florida." She responded to Brooke, "Where are you from, Brooke?" she questioned, looking over at the girl with a strained ear. Byron rubbed the back of her neck as more and more people joined them on the patio, she has having a slightly hard time remembering all of these peoples' names. She closed her eyes for a second, and suddenly, there was another voice, but this voice was different. This voice boomed over top of all of the other voices.

Byron looked up from her gaze out to the seashore, and turned her head to look at the newcomer. This man was well built, with an impressive stature, as well toned muscles that were nearly shouting out, "Look at me." Byron laughed to herself as she actually started to listen; the man had introduced himself as Klaus. Byron waved to him in a friendly gesture, and gave him a comfortable smile. "I'm Byron." she said, hoping he would be able to understand her over the other voices that were collaborating on the patio.

Her attention was soon drawn to Faye, who sat down, and began to fumble around with her phone. Byron's head tilted slightly to the side, and she wondered what Faye's story was. Sure, she seemed like a big-shot, first class kind of woman, but Byron wanted to know more. She allowed her focus to wander over everyone on the patio, smiling as she took note of the variety of people. This was going to, quiet possibly be the best summer of her life. However, only time would tell if her prediction would be true.

Brooke~ "I'm from Beverly Hills, I just wanted to stay close to home but by the shore this summer," i said. I turned to look at a newcomer. He introduced himself as Klaus. He was tall and muscular. "May someone show me to my room?" I asked.

"Klaus," Alice repeated, hoping to remember his name better. "Oh, Brooke... Well none of us really know this beach house that well so you would probably be better off finding it yourself," she said with a small laugh as the others talked. "Which room did you sign up for?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back