• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Venice Beach House

Byron nodded, biting the corner of her lip as she heard Brooke ask for a ride, then turned back to Alice to try to answer her question. "I do not know where it is, but whoever wants to ask siri can." Byron suggested with a little laugh. She turned her engine on, and turned the volume of her stereo down, because now it was not just her riding in the car. She gently grazed her eyes lid with the pad of her finger; shooing away the itch that had occurred. She let out a small yawn, and stretched in the driver's seat as she waited for her companions to join her in the seats that were still empty.

Secretly hoping the food critic would be joining them, she paced her attention from the people in the back, to the front door. Her hands played with the steering wheel, as her lack of patience was starting to show. Byron was about ready to start biting her fingernails to keep her occupied, but then realized that she had the radio. She searched the channels available until she found one that actually worked. Byron tapped her pinky and thumbs to the beat of "Stay High" by Tove Lo. She really hoped everyone was okay with her choice of music.

Alice laughed. "Yeah, Siri's my best friend. Oh that makes me sound like a loner..." She started to hum to the song. "I like this song... Oh, cool, Brooke's joining us."

"Good thing you're coming, then, you can tell us where it is. Me and Siri just had a fight. Backstabbing whore that she is," Alice muttered, then laughed. She nodded her head to the song and continued humming

Tristan bent the last of the ice trays over the bowl, before tossing the now empty plastic containers into the sink for someone to fill later. He placed he pool back into the freezer so all his hard work wouldn't go to waste; before breathing a long sigh as if the task was incredibly draining. He made his way outside, sliding into the Camaro as dynamically as possible, pushing his full body wait on whoever it was sharing the backseat with him. "Oh, sorry." He gave his mock apology, despite the action being totally intentional. "Just so clumsy, ya know?" He stated with a soft laugh as he straightened himself.

"So, is this the part of the night where you all have "girl talk" about who's cute and who's a douche?" Tristan stated poking his head in between the driver's and passenger seat with an inquisitive bend in his brow. "Because if it is, feel free. Your secrets are safe with me... Don't let my testosterone take away from your womanly traditions." He stated with a laugh as he fell back into his seat and wrapped his arms around his chest.

Byron watched as one by one, her car filled up with both guys and girls. "The passenger's seat is still open guys.. or am I just unapproachable?" she asked as Tristan poked his head between her seat and the empty seat next to. She shook her head and put the car in drive, pulling slowly out of the drive and stopped at the intersection of the road and the end of the drive. "Oh, don't worry about that Tristan, I'm sure you'll fit right in with us girls." Byron joked, giving him a wink as she pulled out on to the road and began to drive. She rolled down her window as well as the passenger window. She pushed her hair out of her face again and continued to drive. Her smile was stained onto her lips and the glimmer was shone in her eyes.

"So, where is this market place?" she asked whomever was listening. Byron slowed the car down as they reached suburbia, so she wouldn't hit a pedestrian. She looked in the back seat and looked from person to person, hoping that someone would respond to her question. Her hair flew into her face once again, which she smoothy blew out of her face and behind her ear as she turned around once more. Her Camaro was gliding down the streets with a certain swagger, which only made the ride more fun.

Alice fake punched Tristan in the shoulder. "Oh, sorry, restless arm syndrome. And yes, me and Byron were talking about how you fall under the second category, not the first," she joked with a slight smile and sideways glance. She looked in the mirror so Byron could tell she was joking as well since they weren't actually having a conversation at all. Hopefully this won't be one of those awkward car rides where no one says anything. Well, there's music, so that's better. 

Coedy said:
Byron watched as one by one, her car filled up with both guys and girls. "The passenger's seat is still open guys.. or am I just unapproachable?" she asked as Tristan poked his head between her seat and the empty seat next to. She shook her head and put the car in drive, pulling slowly out of the drive and stopped at the intersection of the road and the end of the drive. "Oh, don't worry about that Tristan, I'm sure you'll fit right in with us girls." Byron joked, giving him a wink as she pulled out on to the road and began to drive. She rolled down her window as well as the passenger window. She pushed her hair out of her face again and continued to drive. Her smile was stained onto her lips and the glimmer was shone in her eyes.
"So, where is this market place?" she asked whomever was listening. Byron slowed the car down as they reached suburbia, so she wouldn't hit a pedestrian. She looked in the back seat and looked from person to person, hoping that someone would respond to her question. Her hair flew into her face once again, which she smoothy blew out of her face and behind her ear as she turned around once more. Her Camaro was gliding down the streets with a certain swagger, which only made the ride more fun.
((lol the wink xD ))

LXsongbird said:
Alice fake punched Tristan in the shoulder. "Oh, sorry, restless arm syndrome. And yes, me and Byron were talking about how you fall under the second category, not the first," she joked with a slight smile and sideways glance. She looked in the mirror so Byron could tell she was joking as well since they weren't actually having a conversation at all. Hopefully this won't be one of those awkward car rides where no one says anything. Well, there's music, so that's better. 

((lol the wink xD ))
Yes, I love it ^.^ lol I was laughing so hard 
As an unfamiliar face to the west coast, young Traverse Gough finally arrived. He'd been delayed numerous times because of weather conditions, which had him frustrated at his first delay in Chicago. His hometown was in Augusta, Maine; practically half way across the country, which was only about half of the struggle. After about five delays, he had been able to arrive in Los Angeles, it had taken long enough. He'd left four days prior to his arrival time. His bags had been delayed about two airports during his time in the air, which meant that his bags were still being flown from Chicago by the time that he was in California. He heaved a deep sigh as he carried his one duffle bag on his shoulder, and hailed a taxi cab right off of the airport concrete. The 'yellow speed demon', as his driver put it, was the fastest way to get around in California. The entire ride, the big man in the front seat continued to ramble on about how California had industrialized and modernized itself and the nation in only a matter of years.

The cab ride wasn't too unpleasant for Traverse, in fact, he enjoyed the scenery and all of the people that they passed on the streets. As a people-person, Traverse had spent most of his life helping with his mother in a daycare, but also out on the family farm with his stepfather. Despite his people-person personality, the one person he could not stand was his biological father. He'd left his poor mother with six kids to fend for herself out in the country without a neighbor for a good 500 miles. Ever since the day that Traverse had been able to recognize that, he'd sworn to fine his mother refuge; and he'd accomplished that. But, his problems were not following him here; no way. This was a time to relax, and to learn the meaning of like.

It seemed like forever, but they had finally reached the drive of the beach house, where he'd be staying all summer long. As he got out of the car, he gave his driver a tip, and a friendly wave. "Thanks for driving me out here Pat." he said, turning around and heading up to the door. With a deep breath, Traverse reached his hand for the handle, and pushed down. Soon enough he was inside, and the aroma of food was meeting his weary body. Like a bloodhound, Traverse followed the sent into the kitchen, where he found four or five people cooking to their heart's desire. "Um, hello." Trav said with a smile, "I'm Traverse, but please call me Trav." he explained to the people who he had just met. He set his bag down, and stood behind the counter, waiting to hear someone speak to him.

(Oh wow.... that took longer than expected x.x)

Klaus grabbed some of the kebabs and turned around to find a newcomer.

"Hallo, my name is Klaus. What's your name?" He asked.

He smiled at him and beckoned for him to follow to the grill, where he placed the kebabs and they started sizzling.

Traverse looked over to the man who had began to talk to him. A friendly face, done the less; of which he was glad to encounter. The man was a giant, but judging by the kabobs in his hands, he really wasn't a 'giant' at all. He'd introduced himself as 'Klaus', and had walked away to the grill. As an instinct, Traverse followed him with a smile remaining on his lips; "I'm Traverse Gough. I go by Traverse, Trav, or anything else you deem to fit." he explained.

"What are you making, Klaus?" Traverse asked with a curious uncertainty. However, his commonsense told him that they were throwing some kind of cookout, which was more than welcome from Traverse's side.

"Traverse, ja?" Klaus asked.

He wanted to make sure because he was never any good with names. He smiled again and tossed the kebabs along with the Bratwurst on the grill.

"We're having a cookout, the others went to the market. I'm grilling up kebabs and bratwurst. I hope you like meat."

The meat began to cook and unleashed a heavenly aroma along with the smell of the grill. Klaus took in a deep breath and smiled, he loved the smell of meat.

"How could you not?"

Traverse smiled at the man who had asked for his name, again. "Yes, Traverse. But Trav is fine." He exclaimed leaning against a table, watching Klaus cook the meat. A small chuckle escaped his mouth, listening to Klaus speak, slightly to himself as well. "I am in fact a meat lover." he said to Klaus, reassuring his friend that he was no vegan. Traverse was enjoying the time he'd spent, but part of himself was wondering where all of the girls were. He stretched out his legs, and took a seat on the table top.

(Woah horrible writers block... but guysss don't let this diee :3)

"Ich sehe, das ist sehr gut." He said.

He flipped the meat over to check the other side and let it cook.

"The others have gone to the market for more foodstuffs. I do not know when they'll be back. But you'll like it here, there are very attractive women here."

He chuckled to himself and turned to face Traverse.

"Where are you from?" He asked.

(Just been waiting on replies, lol)

Traverse nodded his head to the mentions of the people who had gone to the market to buy food. "At least we have some responsible people here." He commented, running a hand through his brown hair while looking around. "I'm from Augusta, Maine. It's practically across the entire nation. "Where are you from, Klaus?" he questioned the man who was ever-so carefully tending to the meat on the grill top. He leaned back on the palm of his hands, and looked out to the beach. He could not wait to get out there and have fun.

"Thanks Brooke." Byron said to the girl who had given her directions to the market. She turned the car into the parking lot, and stopped the car. She opened the car door, and stepped out. She ran her hand through her hair, and walked by the side of the car. She opened the door, and continued walking to the trunk of her car. However, on the way to the trunk, she'd lost the grip of her phone which was sliding into her little bag The black iPhone dropped to the hard concrete, and gave a thud. "Sh*t!" she exclaimed, taking the phone back into her hand. "First day here, and I already broke my phone." She scowled to herself and held the little device in her hand. She was still in shock. It wasn't too bad, but it was bad enough where she would be annoyed by it.

Klaus chuckled a bit and shrugged and after flipping the meat he turned to look at Traverse.

"I bet you can't guess." He said with a laugh. "I was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. But not because my parents live there, you see? Mein Eltern came to America to visit my mother's sister while she was pregnant with me. My aunt married a German man, who came to America for a better opportunity and so she invited my parents to come visit them in America, so they did. Well, I decided that it was time to come, and I was born in the American hospital in Milwaukee. I am the first person in my family to be born in America, but I live in Wolfsburg, Germany. I came to visit my cousins and Aunt, and they gave me the invitation, but originally it was mean for my younger cousin, Matthias."

Alice hopped out of the car. "Oh my god that sucks..." she bent over the screen of the phone. "Well, at least the whole screen didn't shatter. You're lucky, my whole screen shattered for my last phone." Alice inhaled deeply and smelled fresh fruit and vegetables, the scents wafting toward them from the stands outside the market. "Ooh, strawberries..."

"Oh, no not yet... I'm from La Jolla. San Diego. Not too far, but I always liked the idea of going to Venice Beach," Alice said. "Where are you from?"

Egyptiankitten2113 said:
((Wow, got no updates from this at alll, is it too much to ask for what has happened here?))
Not much had happened actually 
Brooke: "I'm from close by too, I'm from Beverly Hills,"

Egyptiankitten2113 said:
((Wow, got no updates from this at alll, is it too much to ask for what has happened here?))
((@Egyptiankitten2113 Lol ummm Tristan and Brooke and Alice and Byron are at the market, Traverse and Klaus are talking, yeah I think that's it :P ))

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back