• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern vanished - the society inspired

TheVoidQueen

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

a roleplay by TheVoidQueen

the vanished

there are no bargains; what is, is what must be

gms

myself & neverbackdown

tags

mystery ; angst ; romance ; society

eat your young

hozier

• introducing

Who makes decisions? Who decides who makes decisions?

For most people, these questions are irrelevant; they are, understandably, content with the systems in place so they aren’t forced to think about these things. Even when those systems are fucking you, when they’re designed to ruin your life. Human nature means finding comfort in the established rather than going through the struggle of building from the ground up.

What happens when the people in charge disappear?

This is the reality faced by this group of young adults when they awaken to find they’re the only ones left. The seaside town of Clearwater, Connecticut was always sleepy, any sense of urgency absent from its existence and the lives of its residents, but there is such a thing as too quiet. Some of them were back in town visiting family, some were vacationing, but it was easy to tell something was amiss on the morning of June 16th regardless of where you were from. There weren’t any cars on the street, small businesses still had their lights off, even nature seemed too frozen to be anything other than off-putting.

Clearwater's summer visitors found themselves alone in their homes, AirBnBs, and hotel rooms - no parents, siblings, hotel staff. Unbeknownst to them, their devices were cut off to the outside world, the town’s surrounding forest seemingly at least doubled, and nothing was going in or out any time soon.

So, who makes decisions?

hi! i'm maggie and this is my spin on netflix's (tragically cancelled) show, the society! in the show, a small town's senior class return to town from a field trip that was cut short to discover that everyone else has gone missing. here, we're going to be writing as young adults that are visiting town - they might be vacationers, college students coming back home for the summer, young professionals on a business trip, or whatever else you can think of. apparently completely cut off from the outside world, how are they going to rebuild in order to survive?

full disclosure: i'm hoping for this to be a collaborative experience! what, exactly, happened to this town and its residents is something we're going to figure out together, and i'd love to hear y'all's ideas and general input (:

big shout out to neverbackdown for the idea, and for trusting me to reboot it ily

a

b

c

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
As an unbiased, objective person with no stakes in this situation this roleplay looks awesome and everyone should apply.

storms n appointments n friends got me messed up lmao, but i'm back to it now! here's the discord invite: discord

still somewhat of a WIP but ready enough~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back