• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Vanguards

shadowz1995

Amoeba of Wisdom
Roleplay Type(s)
"Vampires. The natural predator of humanity. Enemy to mankind."

"Or....at least they were."

"It has been decades since humans and vampires have come together to coexist with one another. We make up for each other's weaknesses. Vampires being the vastly superior species in terms of physicality and humans were the mentally superior, gifted in magic and technology."

"Yet, it wasn't apathy or too much bloodshed that brought the peace around. Neither race could get enough of that it seemed...."

"No, it was a common enemy."

"Disgusting amalgamations of nightmare. Massive, twisted creatures that have been terrorizing the world for the better part of 40 years now. They come without warning, destroy and kill everything, then disappear as quickly as they came. There is no real name but we have taken to calling them The Rot or Rotten."

"Combining the power of vampires and humans was the only way these colossal beasts can be brought down. Academies have cropped up in every major country in the world to train young adults, vampire and human alike, to combat those decaying monsters."

"They have us pair off. One vampire and one human are considered one unit. Turns out we work well with each other. Far better than anticipated."

"We are equal parts student and soldiers. We are the first and last line of defense against The Rot. That's what they tell you and they aren't lying. But they don't tell you how bad it is..."

"They always preach about the nobility and honor of your actions. The passion and glory that taking down one of these Rotten brings. They dont talk about the death toll and with good reason. If they did, no one would join."

"When a Rotten shows up, you better pray you have some senior level officers around. Otherwise, you will be slaughtered. I can't tell you how many times I've seen my friends die. My fellow classmates and soldiers. My....I....I've lost two partners to this scourge already. They were so young and beautiful...."

"The Blood Link. The vampiric partner drinks blood from the human and replaces it with some of their own. As a result, you share abilities. Humans gain some of the physical traits from the vampire and the vampire can use some of the magical power from the human. But the most important thing is The Link itself. You...it's like you becone one consciousness. One unit. One being. You feel everything they feel. Everything they think. The more the two trust each other, the more powerful the bond."

"You feel everything...."

"Including when they die."

"There's no...God.....nothing that can describe what....and then they just EXPECT you to move on! To find another partner and get back out there."

"And you have to. You're a soldier. You take a look around and see others holding the mangled bodies of their partners in the same despair as you. But every single one of you has got to push on."

"If we don't, who will? After all...."

"We are the first and last line of defense."

"We are the Vanguard."

IC: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/vanguards.338608/

OOC: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/vanguards-ooc.338605/#post-7966856

CS: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/vanguards-cs.338606/

Extras: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/vanguards-extras.338607/

Last edited:
This sounds amazing and I want a part in ittttttttttt

And def a partner for the Link thing, that sounds fab *thumbs up*

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Just joined the website, no formalities. Would like to join this RP though sounds interesting. I have a question... will there be any university/in-class training time before we're thrown into the fray of things?

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Just joined the website, no formalities. Would like to join this RP though sounds interesting. I have a question... will there be any university/in-class training time before we're thrown into the fray of things?
Hello.

I plan for this to be extensive and unique when it comes to the classes themselves. While things like math and science will be taught, only the really interesting classes will be roleplayed. Combat training is going to take up the beginning of this rp because they would never throw recruits out against The Rot unless there was no choice.

Does that answer your question? Dont be afraid to inquire

*jumps up and down*
OOH ME! PICK ME! ME! ME! ME!
PLEEEEEEAAASEEEEEEEEEEE ; o;

ANAAAAAAAAAAA *tackles*

IDK EHY I GOT SO EXCITED WHEN I READ THIS EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY TALKED ABOUT WITH MI BURRITO XDDDD

I just miss rping with mah fam ; o;

ANAAAAAAAAAAA *tackles*

IDK EHY I GOT SO EXCITED WHEN I READ THIS EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY TALKED ABOUT WITH MI BURRITO XDDDD

I just miss rping with mah fam ; o;
*has been tackled by le Floof* me too ;-; I can't wait to RP with you again >u<

Hello.

I plan for this to be extensive and unique when it comes to the classes themselves. While things like math and science will be taught, only the really interesting classes will be roleplayed. Combat training is going to take up the beginning of this rp because they would never throw recruits out against The Rot unless there was no choice.

Does that answer your question? Dont be afraid to inquire
Not exactly, or more accurately... specifically. So there will be classroom roleplay but only after the beginning? Is there any opportunity to start off in a classroom, I know nothing about these creatures and so making a character who doesn't know anything about them would be the most successful for me in particular. I can adjust to your preferences if need be.

*has been tackled by le Floof* me too ;-; I can't wait to RP with you again >u<
*shakes your shoulders*
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back