• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic VANA [ Atticus ]

At any point if someone comes to confront him about his numerous consumptions, he'll promise to forage all night for shell potatoes, water, and maybe even do some Barb hunting if someone comes along with him.

Secondly, Atticus groggily advises his group to cook and eat the Bearwolf meat sooner rather than later, or else it might be wasted.

After, he goes back to his bed and tries to rest, and get rid of this hangover feeling.

Elliot decides to hang up the meat on a rack and dry it. Bearwolf jerky.
Matthew has returned to active duty.
You sleep.

After Atticus' day of sleep, after which he hopefully feels better, he heads outside of the ship and asks around to see if anyone is interested in foraging with him. He will also collect as many water unnecessary/empty as possible from the settlement, to fill with water.

With or without any accompaniment, Atticus will venture into the forests first, to gather at the least ten shell-potatos. If this takes more than an hour or so, he'll call it quits and head to the stream, taking with him whatever shell potatoes he had collected. There, he'll get all the bottles filled.

Afterward, if accompanied, Atticus will head into the woods and search for game to hunt.

Your hangover has mostly subsided by the next day. When you wake up the next morning, you are greeted with a Barb with a hole through it. Also various vegetables that you hadn't noticed before. "Elliot and Matthew went out scavenging yesterday while you were asleep. We're going to have Barb and Veggie Stew tonight," Ethel says.

You go out to find shell potatoes and hit your quota. Some of them are pretty hefty, too. You brought several liter bottles with you to refill. You place them in the water and water for each one to refill before heading home. When you return to the ship and go through the gates, you see Ellen has started a small shell-potato garden. Elliot sits atop the hill, standing watch and Matthew tends to the firearms, cleaning them and making sure they're in proper order and whatnot.

"Good, I'm glad you guys were so productive while I was resting. I could really use the day off," Atticus said with a smile as he looked around the ship, seeing all the new improvements. "I'm feeling really good about this thing we've got going on. It's starting to feel like a home," Atticus said with a smile.

Afterward, he got a bit more serious with his tone. "Ethel, how have you been feeling, dear?" His use of the nickname was a bit direct, but that was his way. And he wanted to show his genuine concern for her. He kept his voice low; he didn't need everyone hearing such personal stuff.

Atticus nods, understanding her feelings. "The only conversation I ever had with him, was about landmines," Atticus reminisces, clearing his throat and taking a moment to compose himself. "And although that might not seem much like that got me to know him, I feel like there was strong characterization there. He hadn't known me for more than five minutes, yet he was eager to help fortify our home. And now, we're a lot safer because of it," Atticus said with a smile. "He was a great man. And I'm sure he's happy up in heaven, knowing we're safer."

Ethel smiles slightly when you mention Adam being in a better place. "Thank you for letting us into your home. I don't know how much longer we would've lasted out there."

(Mention Adam in a better place*)

"Heh, thank me? Thank you! Look around. None of this would be possible without you guys here. Especially you," Atticus said with an affectionate grin. He took a deep breath as he realized the gravity of his flirtasiousness, but tried to remain confident in his face. "I owe that palisade, that corridor, those mines, and the repairs in the second half of the ship all to you guys. So, thank you."

(idkwymbigirtft)

"Well. It is our home now, so we gotta make sure it's safe," Ethel says, laughing a bit.

(You initially said Adam lol)

Atticus chuckles, and nods. "Let me know if you need anything," he promises, before giving one last smile and walking past her over toward the hill.

If Ethel says nothing else as he walks away, Atticus will holler to Elliot from the bottom of the hill. "Need me to take a shift, brother? Oh, and did you give Matthew your sidearm?"

(nigirtftidkwymb)

"No, I got watch tonight. And nah, I've not given my sidearm to Matthew to keep yet, but he's maintaining all of them right now."

Atticus nods. "Sounds good, man. But don't neglect yourself, okay? We all appreciate what you do, Elliot," Atticus said. He was in a very pleasant mood after his conversation with the young Ethel, and he wanted to mend the bridge with Elliot a bit as well.

Atticus heads into the ship and sits next to Matthew. He places his PDW onto the table and slides his pistol out of its holster, placing it down as well. "How are you doin', Matt? Those bots helped out, yeah?" Atticus questioned with a friendly tone.

"Oh yeah. Fixed me up right good. 'Preciate it bro," Matthew says, continuing to clean the barrel of a nine-mil.

"Good. So hey, are there other settlements around?" Atticus asks. "Somewhere safe, not influenced by the Republic," Atticus further explains. "I was thinking we could do some trading. We've got plenty of wares to offer, we could get our hands on some good stuff with it I bet."

"Closest one is miles off. And even when we get there, there's no guarantee that people will still be there. It looks like the Republic is on a killing rampage," Matthew says in a somber tone.

Atticus nods in understanding, sniffing and beginning to unload all of the things he had scavenged just a few minutes ago.

"Anything you think we should do around here that would make you more comfortable? Improvements you've got in mind?" Atticus asks, wanting to have other people's input on such matters.

"Not pooping in a ditch would be nice. But I figure you aren't some plumber considering the fact you're carrying Class 6 drugs," Matthew says. "I'm not one to judge, but you're in deep, bro."

Atticus chuckles. "Not my fix. Before all this, I ran with a shady crowd, I won't lie. But we weren't using - just moving it from place to place. Only drug you'll catch me with is the stuff I've been smokin' - I'm sure you've caught a whiff," Atticus said, referring to the X-Bud. "Speakin' of which, if you're trying to relax for a little, you let me know, eh?" Atticus asked with a grin, suggesting that Matthew smoke with him. Atticus got a certain vibe from him, that made him think that Matt might be a bit more tolerant than the rest of his group.

"I feel you. Before I came to this system, I used to smuggle Codaxium-4 into the Gala System. A man's gotta eat, right?" Matthew says, chuckling.

Atticus nods with a lot of understanding. How had he not spoke to Matthew before this? He grinned as he realized Matthew was a lot like him. "Very true, brother. Very true," Atticus agreed. "But yeah. I don't give a fuck what anyone says, crime definetly pays," Atticus stated, reminiscing on all the scores he had made with Alyssa.

"I used to work in a restaurant on a space station before I hooked up with a crew on Vudanu in the Rodel System. I was broke. I lived with one of my old friends but he was broke, too. He only had the dorm that he had because he was constantly hooking up with the Station Overseer. I didn't want to live that life anymore," Matthew says.

"We did all types of scores. Slavery, smuggling, bounty hunting, pillaging, we did it all. It paid a fortune," Matthew stops, pausing his cleaning of a pistol and staring at it. "We were on a smuggling run. We stole five tanks of unrefined Class-12 star cruiser fuel¹ from a Union² fuel depot and were heading off to an asteroid hideout to meet the client. When we arrived, Union soldiers were waiting for us in the compound. We had been set up by a deserter to the Union who wanted to earn good standings with them again. All four of my other members were slaughtered. D'zeko, the veteran of our crew, stayed behind as I fled and jury-rigged the fuel tanks to explode by overheating them. I managed to escape. I couldn't go back to that life of pillaging. At least so I thought. When I came to Vana and landed on Aesis and met the crew with me today, I knew there was something worth fighting for. That's why I'm here."

1 - Class-12 Star Cruiser Fuel is a very expensive fuel that can power a star cruiser 1100 meters long for five times that of a star cruiser powered with Class-8 star cruiser of the same length. Engineers were only able to acquire such a long-lasting fuel by messing with the chemical compounds in the distilled fuel. This makes unrefined fuel very volatile, and it is mandatory that it is kept at a regulated temperature, otherwise it would explode.

2 - The Union, formally known as the Kal'athaar Union, is a group of human colonies across 37 star systems who united together into a democratic system. Although, the Union is very corrupt. Every election year, the ballots are stuffed and the politicians that plan to stay in power redraw their districts so they can get the most votes, even before ballot stuffing. Many government critics have spoke out about such actions from foreign federations, but it's made little change in the Union.

(I'm out of data, so won't be able to reply until 4:00-ish EST, possibly earlier depends on if I stay after.)

Atticus nods, listening intently to what Matthew had to say about his backstory, finding it intriguing to know the history of one of his newfound comrades. However, Atticus was less open about his past. "I'm sorry for your losses, brother. I hope this new reality of the ship is one you consider better than your old reality of crime. And I hope it ends better for you, too," Atticus explains, before attempting to change the tone of the conversation and lighten the mood.

"Any of our weapons have any problems?"

Matthew nods at your kind words. "Nothing I can tell. But it's always good to keep them clean. You wouldn't want your arm to stop working in an arm wrestling match, would ya?" Matthew says, winking at Atticus.

Atticus chuckles, and nods. "No, Sir I would not. Hungry?" Atticus asked, fishing out an MRE out of his pack. "You've got a Tuscan Beef flavored MRE with your name on it if you are," Atticus offered, opening his own and beginning to feast on the small, but ready to eat, meal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back