• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Vampire: The Masquerade: Chapter 3: Setting Aside Grievances

2-7. Malkavians just don't care.
We're already batshit crazy.
This is your own grave you're digging. Even the most insane Malkavians know that the Beast isn't something to be played with.

Vampires, even Elders cling to their Humanity for a reason, pal.

Feeding: 3! A true ninja is proficient in the art of the drunken master! And also pays their dues. Because we're feeling generous today, so why not?
Amount of blood: 4. This replenishes a good chunk of vitae without going overboard.
Amount of money left: 1. That's enough for a beer. Maybe two or three if its happy hour.
Can you talk some sense into this malcontent? Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
Just because you CAN waste humanity and succumb to the Beast doesn't mean you should.

The lower the humanity rating, the larger the chance to frenzy and lose yourself even more.

I mean, we're already at 80% vitae, so drinking any more than half goes to waste, anyway. And we gotta hold on to that humanity for a bit so it will be more dramatic when we lose it! :P
(When you go from being the voice of chaos to the voice of reason...what's happening here? o_o )

Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Archdemon Archdemon

Being a true gentleman, but also a ninja, you crouch down and sneak by the partying people. You find it difficult to maneuver properly for a while, but eventually, you find a correct path through the crowd and approach the man sitting in the darkened corner.

You look around one last time to make sure no one can see you. You place your hand on the old man's head and tilt it back a little. He's fast asleep, so you have nothing to worry about. You open up your mouth and a pair of fangs protrude from your teeth, like the canines of a wolf. You bite in. Your fangs sink deep into the elderly man's neck...

You drink. And soon enough, you satiate your thirst. You quickly detract your fangs and move your head back before gently licking the wounds on the man's neck. As your saliva covers them, the injuries disappear as if the skin suddenly melded.

You slap a $10 bill on the bench next to the old man, hoping he'll have a bit of pleasantry once he wakes up.

You, yourself, feel slightly intoxicated after the deed. It became clear he had one too many. You stand up and, once again, look around in each direction. Just to make sure no one saw you. A genuine ninja warrior never leaves any tracks of his presence. You entered the nightclub like a shadow of the night and you intend to vanish like a ghost, just as quickly as you entered.

~~~~

Your mission is accomplished.

Now, your other goal. To get to the Prince. This one should be easy enough. The Prince's base of operations is downtown, in the urban areas of LA. Quite a walk from where you are. In addition, the Prince politely requested you always enter through the front door, regardless of your ninja status, as his men are ordered to kill anyone trespassing and clean up the evidence; kindred or not. Out of pure altruism, the Prince asked you to do that, so that there wouldn't be unfortunate accidents. Of course, you recognize bullshit when you hear it. He's not being altruistic. He just needs you. He needs your services. He needs a ninja.

In-fact... Everybody needs a ninja.

You stop the song on your phone and hide it back into your pocket. Whatever.

How do you go to the Prince's HQ?
  1. Get a taxi. (~6 minutes.)
  2. Get a bus. (~14 minutes.)
  3. Parkour on the rooftops. (~22 minutes.)
  4. Write-in.
Vitae: 95%

Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Archdemon Archdemon

Being a true gentleman, but also a ninja, you crouch down and sneak by the partying people. You find it difficult to maneuver properly for a while, but eventually, you find a correct path through the crowd and approach the man sitting in the darkened corner.

You look around one last time to make sure no one can see you. You place your hand on the old man's head and tilt it back a little. He's fast asleep, so you have nothing to worry about. You open up your mouth and a pair of fangs protrude from your teeth, like the canines of a wolf. You bite in. Your fangs sink deep into the elderly man's neck...

You drink. And soon enough, you satiate your thirst. You quickly detract your fangs and move your head back before gently licking the wounds on the man's neck. As your saliva covers them, the injuries disappear as if the skin suddenly melded.

You slap a $10 bill on the bench next to the old man, hoping he'll have a bit of pleasantry once he wakes up.

You, yourself, feel slightly intoxicated after the deed. It became clear he had one too many. You stand up and, once again, look around in each direction. Just to make sure no one saw you. A genuine ninja warrior never leaves any tracks of his presence. You entered the nightclub like a shadow of the night and you intend to vanish like a ghost, just as quickly as you entered.

~~~~

Your mission is accomplished.

Now, your other goal. To get to the Prince. This one should be easy enough. The Prince's base of operations is downtown, in the urban areas of LA. Quite a walk from where you are. In addition, the Prince politely requested you always enter through the front door, regardless of your ninja status, as his men are ordered to kill anyone trespassing and clean up the evidence; kindred or not. Out of pure altruism, the Prince asked you to do that, so that there wouldn't be unfortunate accidents. Of course, you recognize bullshit when you hear it. He's not being altruistic. He just needs you. He needs your services. He needs a ninja.

In-fact... Everybody needs a ninja.

You stop the song on your phone and hide it back into your pocket. Whatever.

How do you go to the Prince's HQ?
  1. Get a taxi. (~6 minutes.)
  2. Get a bus. (~14 minutes.)
  3. Parkour on the rooftops. (~22 minutes.)
  4. Write-in.

I think we both know what I want our little masochist ninja to do. Ninja's don't take public transportation.

I'm saying take a taxi. This ninja's tired.

I think we should take a taxi...But! We can't just ride a taxi like a normal, non-ninja person! That would just be ridiculous! We either have to hold on to the outside of the taxi like a true ninja, or ride in the taxi in disguise!

I think we should take a taxi...But! We can't just ride a taxi like a normal, non-ninja person! That would just be ridiculous! We either have to hold on to the outside of the taxi like a true ninja, or ride in the taxi in disguise!
I completly agree! We must disguise ourselves!

You put on your 'normal' clothes. A black hoodie, a pair of jeans, and sneakers. You hide your ninja mask underneath your hoodie and, although sloppily, make your way to street level. You take out your phone and call the taxi service to your street.

~~~~

Within several minutes, you arrive at the Prince's place. A large skyscraper in downtown LA. As the name suggests, the massive building towers over you. Large panes of glass and several walls of painted white are the only things that welcome you upon the entrance. After paying your cab fee, you go in through the front entrance like the Prince requested. You wouldn't want to mess with his cronies, even though you are a ninja.

The clerk immediately recognizes you. "Mr. Fortesque is expecting you. Top floor, first elevator to the left."

You nod, then walk past the man and up the stairs to the right. You arrive in a hall, then take it right, then walk into the first elevator to the left. The routine has become boring at this point and you memorized it perfectly. You push the button to the top floor and wait almost a minute before arriving. Within the lift, you take off your clothes and hide them in your backpack, once again in your ninja costume, you move through several halls to the Prince's office.

You walk in through the door of the office. The office is beautiful. The overall design of the room is very reminiscent of the style used in the houses of aristocrats during the Renaissance, complete with antique paintings, vases, and exotic plants that adorn the room. Running through the middle, from the door to a set of chairs is a large red carpet with golden trim at the edges. Before the set of wooden chairs is an oaken desk with a computer, several file documents, and a huge office chair. Behind the desk are several windows, with perhaps the best view on Los Angeles available anywhere.

In the chair, sits a man. His facial features are sharp, and his cheeks thin and smooth. Although his complexion is pale and sickly, his black, ashy hair is elegantly brushed and moist. His eyes are the most unusual physical attribute you can find. They are a very thin, creamy, blue color. If he wasn't blinking and was perhaps covered in blood, you could easily mistake him for a corpse. Oh, wait... Right. As for attire, the man wears a thick, black coat that is correctly buttoned-up. He wears black business pants, business shoes, and wears a very peculiar, silver amulet. You recognize the shape of the pendant as the symbol of the Camarilla.

il_340x270.861814875_86my.jpg

You walk across the red carpet. "Mr. Donnely. Have a seat," he gestures invitingly. You comply and sit down, looking at the man.

Ever since your Embrace, you've had a Gift of Insight. As your clan-mates say, insanity brings clarity. Of course, you're not insane. You are a ninja originating from Tibet, and you are also a complete masochist, which, again, does not mean you are insane. But still, while some of your brothers and sisters under Malkav hear voices or have visions, you've always had your reliable Ninja Sense. You merely know when danger is approaching. You're certain of things. People might see you as deluded when you tell them your Ninja Sense tells you something, but you always end up being right.

Either way, your Ninja Sense always told you the following: Daniel Fortesque is untrustable. The Ventrue Elder in front of you is a schemer. If you proved disobedient, he'd be glad to kill you and replace you. Not like that will happen, though.

Then again...

There are two armed guards in the room with you. To the far right and left, behind a pair of pillars. You can't see them, but you know they're there. Both of them are kindred, above 50 years old. Both of them are armed with assault rifles and are probably Brujah, or some other physically-focused Clan. They are always there. In case that Fortesque suddenly needs to kill someone. You're fortunate enough that he himself isn't aware you have this knowledge.

"Can I offer you a" Fortesque smiles assuredly, before chuckling, "drink?"

"No, thank you, sensei. I've already drunk tonight," you reply with a polite, faked Japanese accent.

The Prince is two seconds away from cringing. He grits his teeth with a smile, his eye ticking a bit at the culture shock before his eyes. "Very well. In that case, Mr. Donnely, I'd like you to take care of a small problem for me." The Prince stands up. Fortesque walks over to the window. You know this schtick. He's about to monologue about something deeply philosophical that is supposed to reflect your current assignment. He's always been a mediocre philosopher. "Tell me, Mr. Donnely. If I had the power to remove anything, and I removed nothingness itself, what would I get?"

"Uh, something?" you half-ask, uncertain of the true intent of the bizarre question.

Fortesque claps his hands together, swiftly turning around. "Precisely. Well, it just so happens that something was taken away from me. Something very important that I'd like you to retrieve." You smile briefly.

Yup, he's still horrible at philosophy. "How can this ninja warrior be of help?"

"You see, I own several businesses across the state. It just so happens that right here, in Los Angeles, an important shipment of weaponry that was meant to supply the local Camarilla forces..." Fortesque sits down in his chair, then types something on the keyboard before looking back at you. "vanished." He turns the screen in your direction. On it, you see several police and newspaper reports about a missing cargo delivery for the local SWAT teams went missing. "I am not sure what transpired. I suspect it may be the Anarchs or a local gang. Regardless, I want you to take care of this, as I believe your skills are... best suited for such an undertaking. For further instructions, report to your Primogen. I gave him the details already. Also, I'd like you to keep this as a... secret. If the Kuei-jin, Sabbat, Anarchs, or anyone else discover that these weapons are mine, I will be in quite a pickle."

Several new terms, like always. The Anarchs that the Prince was referring to are a small Sect. Not quite as worldwide as the Camarilla and Sabbat; the Anarchs don't have control over actual cities. They are more like a loose organization that refuses to submit to any of the other Sects, yet doesn't want to remain independent. The Anarchs tend to be very opposed to the Jihad machinations and want to overthrow the Elders, and create a society where vampiric generation or age doesn't matter. Where everyone is equal. Of course, that's a very silly ideal.

The Sabbat on another hand, is a Sect parallel to the Camarilla. In contrast to the wish of the Camarilla for the vampire society to remain a secret, the Sabbat want to reveal kindred to all mankind and subjugate the human race. They believe in vampiric superiority and function as prophets of the Dark Father, the first vampire, more commonly known as Caine. The Sabbat claims Caine will return one day in an event called Gehenna to render judgment upon all kindred and that he will devour the awakening Antediluvians.

The Kuej-jin are an off-shoot of the kindred. Both the Kuej-jin and Kindred are races of vampires, but both are different on a "genetical" level. Where a Kindred is Embraced, a Kuej-jin awakens to a new life from death. A common slang for the Kuej-jin is "Kindred of the East" as they originate in Asia. The Kuej-jin are very different from the Kindred. They rot instead of burning in the sun, they can still eat normal food, and they don't drink blood, but rather consume chi, a potent source of which IS blood.

And lastly, the Primogen. The Primogen is a leader of a Clan in a chosen domain. In other words, your Primogen represents Clan Malkavian as a whole within Los Angeles.

"Very well. I'll take care of it." You get up and bow in respect before your master. "HAA-YAA!" you jump back and run away through the door. As you leave, the Prince facepalms.

What do you do first?
  1. Go to the docks to investigate the crime scene where the theft took place.
  2. Go to the Primogen and ask for the details of the case.
  3. Write-in.

You put on your 'normal' clothes. A black hoodie, a pair of jeans, and sneakers. You hide your ninja mask underneath your hoodie and, although sloppily, make your way to street level. You take out your phone and call the taxi service to your street.

~~~~

Within several minutes, you arrive at the Prince's place. A large skyscraper in downtown LA. As the name suggests, the massive building towers over you. Large panes of glass and several walls of painted white are the only things that welcome you upon the entrance. After paying your cab fee, you go in through the front entrance like the Prince requested. You wouldn't want to mess with his cronies, even though you are a ninja.

The clerk immediately recognizes you. "Mr. Fortesque is expecting you. Top floor, first elevator to the left."

You nod, then walk past the man and up the stairs to the right. You arrive in a hall, then take it right, then walk into the first elevator to the left. The routine has become boring at this point and you memorized it perfectly. You push the button to the top floor and wait almost a minute before arriving. Within the lift, you take off your clothes and hide them in your backpack, once again in your ninja costume, you move through several halls to the Prince's office.

You walk in through the door of the office. The office is beautiful. The overall design of the room is very reminiscent of the style used in the houses of aristocrats during the Renaissance, complete with antique paintings, vases, and exotic plants that adorn the room. Running through the middle, from the door to a set of chairs is a large red carpet with golden trim at the edges. Before the set of wooden chairs is an oaken desk with a computer, several file documents, and a huge office chair. Behind the desk are several windows, with perhaps the best view on Los Angeles available anywhere.

In the chair, sits a man. His facial features are sharp, and his cheeks thin and smooth. Although his complexion is pale and sickly, his black, ashy hair is elegantly brushed and moist. His eyes are the most unusual physical attribute you can find. They are a very thin, creamy, blue color. If he wasn't blinking and was perhaps covered in blood, you could easily mistake him for a corpse. Oh, wait... Right. As for attire, the man wears a thick, black coat that is correctly buttoned-up. He wears black business pants, business shoes, and wears a very peculiar, silver amulet. You recognize the shape of the pendant as the symbol of the Camarilla.

il_340x270.861814875_86my.jpg

You walk across the red carpet. "Mr. Donnely. Have a seat," he gestures invitingly. You comply and sit down, looking at the man.

Ever since your Embrace, you've had a Gift of Insight. As your clan-mates say, insanity brings clarity. Of course, you're not insane. You are a ninja originating from Tibet, and you are also a complete masochist, which, again, does not mean you are insane. But still, while some of your brothers and sisters under Malkav hear voices or have visions, you've always had your reliable Ninja Sense. You merely know when danger is approaching. You're certain of things. People might see you as deluded when you tell them your Ninja Sense tells you something, but you always end up being right.

Either way, your Ninja Sense always told you the following: Daniel Fortesque is untrustable. The Ventrue Elder in front of you is a schemer. If you proved disobedient, he'd be glad to kill you and replace you. Not like that will happen, though.

Then again...

There are two armed guards in the room with you. To the far right and left, behind a pair of pillars. You can't see them, but you know they're there. Both of them are kindred, above 50 years old. Both of them are armed with assault rifles and are probably Brujah, or some other physically-focused Clan. They are always there. In case that Fortesque suddenly needs to kill someone. You're fortunate enough that he himself isn't aware you have this knowledge.

"Can I offer you a" Fortesque smiles assuredly, before chuckling, "drink?"

"No, thank you, sensei. I've already drunk tonight," you reply with a polite, faked Japanese accent.

The Prince is two seconds away from cringing. He grits his teeth with a smile, his eye ticking a bit at the culture shock before his eyes. "Very well. In that case, Mr. Donnely, I'd like you to take care of a small problem for me." The Prince stands up. Fortesque walks over to the window. You know this schtick. He's about to monologue about something deeply philosophical that is supposed to reflect your current assignment. He's always been a mediocre philosopher. "Tell me, Mr. Donnely. If I had the power to remove anything, and I removed nothingness itself, what would I get?"

"Uh, something?" you half-ask, uncertain of the true intent of the bizarre question.

Fortesque claps his hands together, swiftly turning around. "Precisely. Well, it just so happens that something was taken away from me. Something very important that I'd like you to retrieve." You smile briefly.

Yup, he's still horrible at philosophy. "How can this ninja warrior be of help?"

"You see, I own several businesses across the state. It just so happens that right here, in Los Angeles, an important shipment of weaponry that was meant to supply the local Camarilla forces..." Fortesque sits down in his chair, then types something on the keyboard before looking back at you. "vanished." He turns the screen in your direction. On it, you see several police and newspaper reports about a missing cargo delivery for the local SWAT teams went missing. "I am not sure what transpired. I suspect it may be the Anarchs or a local gang. Regardless, I want you to take care of this, as I believe your skills are... best suited for such an undertaking. For further instructions, report to your Primogen. I gave him the details already. Also, I'd like you to keep this as a... secret. If the Kuei-jin, Sabbat, Anarchs, or anyone else discover that these weapons are mine, I will be in quite a pickle."

Several new terms, like always. The Anarchs that the Prince was referring to are a small Sect. Not quite as worldwide as the Camarilla and Sabbat; the Anarchs don't have control over actual cities. They are more like a loose organization that refuses to submit to any of the other Sects, yet doesn't want to remain independent. The Anarchs tend to be very opposed to the Jihad machinations and want to overthrow the Elders, and create a society where vampiric generation or age doesn't matter. Where everyone is equal. Of course, that's a very silly ideal.

The Sabbat on another hand, is a Sect parallel to the Camarilla. In contrast to the wish of the Camarilla for the vampire society to remain a secret, the Sabbat want to reveal kindred to all mankind and subjugate the human race. They believe in vampiric superiority and function as prophets of the Dark Father, the first vampire, more commonly known as Caine. The Sabbat claims Caine will return one day in an event called Gehenna to render judgment upon all kindred and that he will devour the awakening Antediluvians.

The Kuej-jin are an off-shoot of the kindred. Both the Kuej-jin and Kindred are races of vampires, but both are different on a "genetical" level. Where a Kindred is Embraced, a Kuej-jin awakens to a new life from death. A common slang for the Kuej-jin is "Kindred of the East" as they originate in Asia. The Kuej-jin are very different from the Kindred. They rot instead of burning in the sun, they can still eat normal food, and they don't drink blood, but rather consume chi, a potent source of which IS blood.

And lastly, the Primogen. The Primogen is a leader of a Clan in a chosen domain. In other words, your Primogen represents Clan Malkavian as a whole within Los Angeles.

"Very well. I'll take care of it." You get up and bow in respect before your master. "HAA-YAA!" you jump back and run away through the door. As you leave, the Prince facepalms.

What do you do first?
  1. Go to the docks to investigate the crime scene where the theft took place.
  2. Go to the Primogen and ask for the details of the case.
  3. Write-in.
We'll talk to our super kawaii desu Malkavian senpai sensei first.

Last edited:
Investigating the crime scene before the trail goes cold is important, though...
But I suppose we should talk to the primogen first to get a better idea of what clues to look for

Investigating the crime scene before the trail goes cold is important, though...
But I suppose we should talk to the primogen first to get a better idea of what clues to look for
You mean super kawaii desu oni-chan senpai sensei Malkavian-chan?

Besides, I'm sure the Prince has kept any mortal police away from the crime scene so that we can use our super desu ninja powers to investigate fully.

You mean super kawaii desu oni-chan senpai sensei Malkavian-chan?

Besides, I'm sure the Prince has kept any mortal police away from the crime scene so that we can use our super desu ninja powers to investigate fully.
You guys are getting acclimated into the setting really quick, wow.

I catch on quick! ...Sometimes. Ya know, just go with the flow and all that :P

Wait, there's a game? *looks up Vampire: The Masquerade* *wonders how I haven't heard of it before* I have something new I need to play now...
Redemption's pretty good, personally. Bloodlines is generally a pretty bad game, but with mods can be fairly good. Doesn't help with the writing though.

What the fuck did you just say about Bloodlines?
That's not saying it's bad, but simply that there are a few inherent problems with the game that not even modders could fix. But despite this, it's become a huge cult classic, so they clearly did quite a few things right.

Besides, mildly bad writing never stopped an Elder Scrolls game from being fun!

Beyond that, Redemption doesn't really stand the test of time well. I mean, it's a third person point-and-click action adventure game, with a bit of horror. Those things were born in the 90's, and then died in the 90's.

(The best part is that the character uses Japanese words and traditions, but Ninjas are actually Chinese. SAMURAI are Japanese, lol.)

Fortunately for you, the Malkavian Primogen's domain is in screaming distance from the Prince's tower. The Malkavian Primogen just so happens to own an insane asylum in the very middle of the town. As far as you know, it serves as recruitment grounds for your Clan and helps you maintain strength. In-fact, your Sire told you stories that he was supposedly pulled in from that very place.

You take the cab and arrive in less than 2 minutes. Weird, it was the same cab driver from before.

Either way, you set foot on the sidewalk and proudly look forward. Before you stands St. Vitus' Mental Hospital for the Downtrodden & Deranged. Separating the building from you were tall, red brick walls with metallic spikes on them, as if to stop people from escaping or getting in. You can tell that an attempt to climb over is practically impossible. In front of you is an iron gate. You open it and walk through the main path toward the asylum.

Making your way through the door, you get the vibe that this place is obviously supernatural in some way. The night just seems to be "stronger" here. It's weird. You can't explain it.

As you enter, you are instantly welcomed by the nurse behind the reception desk. She's smiling ear-to-ear. Her name, if you recall correctly, is Patty. She's the Primogen's Ghoul and servant. "Hello, Mr. Donnely!" she waves to you, even though you stand a few meters away from her. A common symptom of becoming a ghoul is inheriting some supernatural power from the vampire providing the blood. This includes clan weaknesses. You can tell she's a bit deranged. Not as much as an average Malkavian, no, far below it, but still deranged. She seems too energetic. Too happy. It seems overall detrimental. Although the constant smiling is a bit nice, it is also creepy.

Patty has blonde hair and wears a white cap, fitting of nurses. She has a slightly pale skin color, but not as much as a vampire. It is easy to tell at first glance she's alive. Her eyes are blue, although it seems one eye has a bit of bronze color in it. It is a common feature for Malkavians. A kind of genetic shift. Most of your clan-mates can be easily recognized for heterochromia; the possession of two, differently colored irises. If you were to suck Patty's blood, she'd instantly have two, normal, blue eyes, and stop being so energetic, since she's a ghoul, not a vampire. These features are not permanent. They are with her for as long as she has Kindred blood in her veins.

"Ohaiyo," you respond, probably in Japanese. "Is Grofhurst-sama available?"

"Mhm!" Patty nods very rapidly. "He's in his office!" The girl points you in the direction of the stairs. You nod and give her a slight bow as a traditional, Japanese form of thanking someone... you think.

You proceed upstairs.

Mr. Attwell Grofhurst. The name reeks with European Renaissance. The truth is, the Prince and Primogen of the city, or at least most of them, know each other. They all used to be lowly Neonates together somewhere in Europe during the early 1700's when they were Embraced. Then, sometime after they achieved Ancillae status, they were sent to America to colonize the City of Angels for the Camarilla. Of course, the Anarchs were here first. The Sabbat activity is rampant too, they're constantly vying for supremacy over the city. Regardless, the Primogen is a 9th Generation Elder. In theory, since you are of the 12th Generation, he could be your Great Grand-Sire without either of you knowing. As in, he Embraced the one who Embraced the one who Embraced you. Vampire genetics.

You knock on the door of the office. The hallway you're standing in is very creepy. Several doors of white plastic, yet the most disturbing feature would be the windows that have bars on them. It gives you a very unpleasant, claustrophobic vibe. "Come in," a voice comes from behind the door.

You enter. Before you, in a very poorly lit room, is a man. Clearly, in his late 40's. That must have been the age when Grofhurst was embraced. Regardless, you sit down. "Good evening, Grofhurst-sama," you state right off the bat.

The man looks at you, sitting from behind his desk. The room is far less fancy when compared to that of the Prince. Still, there were a few vases and flowers there and there.

"H-How can I help? Is it about your assignment from the Prince?" he asks. His desk is very bizarre. Numerous pens sit in perfect harmony, organized properly ranging from size to color. Oh, right. The clan curse. If you recall correctly, he has OCD.

"Yes. That is why I am here. He told me to get the details from you."

The Primogen gives you a very mean, cruel look for a moment as if trying to see into your soul. Clearly, more than one derangement. Clearly, more than just OCD. "V-Very well," he stutters a bit then walks over to the file cabinet. He looks through and throws a document file toward you. "That is all I have. Burn it after you re-read it," he speaks very slowly and sits back down. You wonder what he's doing, locked up in here all day. Seems boring as hell.

You take the document and bow. "Hai." You leave.

~~~~

Now outside, on the sidewalk, you look into the file.

Interesting. Several men and women in black trenchcoats were apparently noticed by cameras, sneaking around the area. They had several black vans, but you can't exactly make out the numbers. This clears one thing up. Whoever is behind this belongs to some large, organized group.

What do you do next?
  1. Go to the port to investigate while the trail is still hot.
  2. Go home and watch the new Ducktales show in Japanese. And anime. Lots of anime.
  3. Go home and whip yourself. You deserve it.
  4. Write-in.

(The best part is that the character uses Japanese words and traditions, but Ninjas are actually Chinese. SAMURAI are Japanese, lol.)

Fortunately for you, the Malkavian Primogen's domain is in screaming distance from the Prince's tower. The Malkavian Primogen just so happens to own an insane asylum in the very middle of the town. As far as you know, it serves as recruitment grounds for your Clan and helps you maintain strength. In-fact, your Sire told you stories that he was supposedly pulled in from that very place.

You take the cab and arrive in less than 2 minutes. Weird, it was the same cab driver from before.

Either way, you set foot on the sidewalk and proudly look forward. Before you stands St. Vitus' Mental Hospital for the Downtrodden & Deranged. Separating the building from you were tall, red brick walls with metallic spikes on them, as if to stop people from escaping or getting in. You can tell that an attempt to climb over is practically impossible. In front of you is an iron gate. You open it and walk through the main path toward the asylum.

Making your way through the door, you get the vibe that this place is obviously supernatural in some way. The night just seems to be "stronger" here. It's weird. You can't explain it.

As you enter, you are instantly welcomed by the nurse behind the reception desk. She's smiling ear-to-ear. Her name, if you recall correctly, is Patty. She's the Primogen's Ghoul and servant. "Hello, Mr. Donnely!" she waves to you, even though you stand a few meters away from her. A common symptom of becoming a ghoul is inheriting some supernatural power from the vampire providing the blood. This includes clan weaknesses. You can tell she's a bit deranged. Not as much as an average Malkavian, no, far below it, but still deranged. She seems too energetic. Too happy. It seems overall detrimental. Although the constant smiling is a bit nice, it is also creepy.

Patty has blonde hair and wears a white cap, fitting of nurses. She has a slightly pale skin color, but not as much as a vampire. It is easy to tell at first glance she's alive. Her eyes are blue, although it seems one eye has a bit of bronze color in it. It is a common feature for Malkavians. A kind of genetic shift. Most of your clan-mates can be easily recognized for heterochromia; the possession of two, differently colored irises. If you were to suck Patty's blood, she'd instantly have two, normal, blue eyes, and stop being so energetic, since she's a ghoul, not a vampire. These features are not permanent. They are with her for as long as she has Kindred blood in her veins.

"Ohaiyo," you respond, probably in Japanese. "Is Grofhurst-sama available?"

"Mhm!" Patty nods very rapidly. "He's in his office!" The girl points you in the direction of the stairs. You nod and give her a slight bow as a traditional, Japanese form of thanking someone... you think.

You proceed upstairs.

Mr. Attwell Grofhurst. The name reeks with European Renaissance. The truth is, the Prince and Primogen of the city, or at least most of them, know each other. They all used to be lowly Neonates together somewhere in Europe during the early 1700's when they were Embraced. Then, sometime after they achieved Ancillae status, they were sent to America to colonize the City of Angels for the Camarilla. Of course, the Anarchs were here first. The Sabbat activity is rampant too, they're constantly vying for supremacy over the city. Regardless, the Primogen is a 9th Generation Elder. In theory, since you are of the 12th Generation, he could be your Great Grand-Sire without either of you knowing. As in, he Embraced the one who Embraced the one who Embraced you. Vampire genetics.

You knock on the door of the office. The hallway you're standing in is very creepy. Several doors of white plastic, yet the most disturbing feature would be the windows that have bars on them. It gives you a very unpleasant, claustrophobic vibe. "Come in," a voice comes from behind the door.

You enter. Before you, in a very poorly lit room, is a man. Clearly, in his late 40's. That must have been the age when Grofhurst was embraced. Regardless, you sit down. "Good evening, Grofhurst-sama," you state right off the bat.

The man looks at you, sitting from behind his desk. The room is far less fancy when compared to that of the Prince. Still, there were a few vases and flowers there and there.

"H-How can I help? Is it about your assignment from the Prince?" he asks. His desk is very bizarre. Numerous pens sit in perfect harmony, organized properly ranging from size to color. Oh, right. The clan curse. If you recall correctly, he has OCD.

"Yes. That is why I am here. He told me to get the details from you."

The Primogen gives you a very mean, cruel look for a moment as if trying to see into your soul. Clearly, more than one derangement. Clearly, more than just OCD. "V-Very well," he stutters a bit then walks over to the file cabinet. He looks through and throws a document file toward you. "That is all I have. Burn it after you re-read it," he speaks very slowly and sits back down. You wonder what he's doing, locked up in here all day. Seems boring as hell.

You take the document and bow. "Hai." You leave.

~~~~

Now outside, on the sidewalk, you look into the file.

Interesting. Several men and women in black trenchcoats were apparently noticed by cameras, sneaking around the area. They had several black vans, but you can't exactly make out the numbers. This clears one thing up. Whoever is behind this belongs to some large, organized group.

What do you do next?
  1. Go to the port to investigate while the trail is still hot.
  2. Go home and watch the new Ducktales show in Japanese. And anime. Lots of anime.
  3. Go home and whip yourself. You deserve it.
  4. Write-in.
2, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back