• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Vampire Knight *The Next Story*

Kaoru sighed, when he heard Caroline's voice, he shut the water off and quickly came out of the bathroom in his pajama bottoms, neglecting to put on a shirt. "I'm sorry if I woke you," He said no smile just a sorry expression on his face. He crossed his room to a chair, and just sat there, trying to collect himself in case anyone else came. "If you want you can sit, otherwise you could go back to your room. It's your call." His eyes burned and tears threatened to spill over again.

Caroline heard the water shut off and then Kaoru was at the door wet hair and pajama bottoms. She had to admit that he was offly attractive. She watchex as he walked over and sat. She turned to him. "I heard you screaming, I thought something was wrong, i didn't mean to intrude." She walked towards him. "Are....you okay?" Her face twisted with concern.

George collected his spears and halberds. "Simple fools, leaving this place unguarded." He put them away before starting the Day Class classes.

Kaoru looked at Caroline, "No, but that is something that stays between us. Am I understood?" he said with a very stern face. "Just nightmares, they don't seem to ever go away... least not in a while." Kaoru's face seemed to get very dark and distant, unsure of what to do or to say.

Caroline nodded in agreement and understanding and listened to what he had to say. She sat next to him.

"Nightmares?" She couldn't believe that there as anything in this world that scared a Pure Blood. "What are they about?" She inquired, hoping she wasn't making him un comfortable.

Kaoru, knew that by asking that question she had crossed a line. One that he was fine with, but one that very few vampires would do. "When I was... younger" he paused pondering if telling her would be a good idea, he decided it mattered little in the end so he continued. "My mother was killed, she was more or less assassinated," he seemed like this wasn't a big deal. Very plain faced, he continued. "My family is the Hanari Clan, we are very old and very powerful, well we used to be powerful. Ever since my grandfather's demise our family has seemed on a collision course with fate. To make a point some scheming senators killed my mother, they didn't know I was home and I saw them kill her. My father, he... he never seemed to care. He just ignored it and moved on with his life. The nightmares stem from that, but not long after that I ran away from home, and wandered around at night, young and seemingly defenseless. A level E attacked me but it was killed when two of my father's men stumbled upon me. Since then I can't seem to get that out of my mind and that was long ago. Kaoru's face darkened and tears welled up in his eyes. He started shaking a little before regaining some manner of control. "I'm sorry again if I woke you Caroline." He said with a shaky smile.

Caroline listened to all he had to say. She reached out and put a small hand on Kaoru's shoulder feeling him shake beneath it. "The Level E, is that the reason you grab your chest." She asked peering at him in concern. She just wanted to hug him whether he looked intimidating or not. How could his father just act like he didn't care like that? Maybe he didn't actually love her? Which would be wrong of both counts. Being attacked by a Level E is a scary thing and could haunt you for a while.

"No, the grabbing the chest is because when I was really little I was in what my parent's called an 'accident' but they never really told me what it was. Lucian 'healed' me the other day, but I don't have the heart to tell him that has been done before and won't actually stay healed. It corrupts the veins causing immense pain. The doctors have said I need to drink from an aristocrat or higher pretty often if I am to maintain a semblance of life. But I don't know, that would entail me getting close to someone. I just don't have that..." He stared off into the distance. He appreciated her for coming into the room and then for trying to comfort him. "Thank you Caroline."

Lucian got up and had enough time to hear the conversation "Kaoru, you should have told me. You have been cursed. I have only seen it once. The host is slowly devoured by returning pain and nightmares about the past. Soon you will be nothing but pure insanity." He looked at Caroline "You seem to be able to calm him. You are to stay with him."

Kaoru let out a small squeal when Lucian spoke up. He had hoped that his 'condition' wouldn't be outed to a pure blood. It could be disastrous to the Hanari Clan. "Lucian, you know what this means for my family. After my brother's death, I am the only male left to carry on the line. The responsibility to my family weighs on me immensely and according to a few doctors only worsens the side effects, the stress and the pressure. If Caroline doesn't want to stay with me, that is fine. I just need to feed more often, the tablets do nothing because of the thirst the curse causes." He smiled at Caroline, not wanting to drag her into this horrible and unfortunate situation. He frowned not really sure what to say or do at this point.

Caroline nodded at Lucian who ordered her to stay. "I may not be pure blood but Im half." She looked ar Kaoru. "Maybe drinking from me would help at least a little." She felt like she now had a duty to serve Kaoru and she would do whatever it took to help him. "I'll be with you as long as you need me to."

Lucian looks at both of them "Good. Just in case maybe you two should marry." He gave a smirk as he walked off. He left them to wonder if it was an order or a joke

Kaoru scoffed at the idea of marrying. He turned to Caroline and took one of her hands in his. "Thank you Caroline, it means more to me than you know that you actually care. Honestly, I don't care if you're a pure blood or not." He looked sheepish, and smiled at her. The thought of feeding from her made him kind of giddy because that such thing was immensely intimate. He wasn't sure if he should ask or not. He wasn't very thirsty right now, and he really just wanted to sleep. He let out a yawn, barring his fangs for a moment, reflexes he thought to himself.

Akimu was startled from his rest By an unsettled feeling. Frowning he got up and began to try and find the source. He was just heading to Lucians office to check on him when said vampire walked through the door. Blinking in shock Akimu walked to Meet him."Lucian? Is everything alright?"

"Of course. Why would it not be?" Lucian was drinking from his glass. He noticed Akimu was tense. So he walked in to his office and sat in his chair "Need a top off?" he lightly cut his neck and smiled as the blood came out

Akimu didn't believe Lucian but followed him anyway. He knew prodding Lucian would only irritate him and he didn't desire to ruin his good mood. Nodding at Lucians offer he straddled him at putting his lips over the cut began to feed.

Lucian smiled as he drank from his glass. The tablet's were enough to satisfy him. He knew though that the others wanted a little more, so he allowed them to feed on each other

Akimu was still full from earlier so didn't drink much. After a moment he pulled away and licked the wound to close it faster. Leaning forward he buried his face in Lucian chest and took in deep breaths of his scent to calm his still slightly rattled nerves.

Akimu pulled back worried about Lucian silents. Frowning he reached up to take Lucians face between his hands and began smoothing the worry lines marring his face.

Akimu returns Lucians smile and does as told after giving him a quick kiss. Laying down he tried to sleep but found he couldn't the bed was to large. Earlier he had been to tired to notice but now was accurately annoyingly aware of it. Sighing he called out to Lucian."Come rest with me otherwise I shall never get back to sleep!"

Lucian sighs and walks into his room. He smiles at Akimu "What am I to do with you?" he lays next to him and kisses his head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back