• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Valkyom: Player Information, Stats, Weapons/Armor, and More!!

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Welcome everyone! This is the Player Information Page where I will detail some of the finer mechanics of what it means to be a Player in the world of Valkyom!

1) Simplicity Is Key

For the sake of keeping things simple without having to worry about math or any such things, I will trust all players involved to remain fair and balanced in their play styles and to specialize where their weapon is actually meant to specialize.

We won't worry about how many points you have in any given stats. We won't worry about any kind of Stat Points you gain every level or how many points your stats naturally increase per level. Etc.

Instead we'll focus purely on the gameplay and enjoying the VR world of Valkyom together and let natural understanding of MMORPG style gameplay guide our way through.

You're welcome!

2) Player Information!

Every Player has a few points of information which are available to all other players who either meet you or search for you in the Player Database.

Name (The name of your character, rather. Your real name is confidential unless you want it to be known)
Status (whether you're a Player in good standing or a trouble maker)
Level
Weapon

This is the information other Players will see when checking your Player Information. Depending on your weapon and standing, many Players may or may not send you Party Invites or Friend Requests. So be prepared for that! It's a VERY social worldwide game!

3) Stats

You do have stats in this game, but again for the sake of simplicity and the knowledge that not many, if any, of us will ever die in-game save for the one failed Cataclysm, we won't worry about keeping track of these stats.

But the Stats this game has are as follows:

* HP (Start with 100)
* Stamina (Start with 100)
* ATK (Start with 10)
* DEF (Start with 10)
* SPD (Start with 10)
** ACC (Start with 5%)

HP, Stamina, ATK, DEF, and SPD are all the obvious and need no explanation, but the sixth requires a bit of information. It's ACC (Accuracy), and it's a stat only given to Ranged Weapon Players. The ACC runs off a percentage instead of an integer. The higher the ACC stat is the less drop off the weapons suffer, the faster the weapons/projectiles travel, and the harder it is for the enemy AI to time a dodge/evasive maneuver.

That's about it!!

You do not have to keep track of these stats as you play. These are just references for you for when we begin the RP. I want to keep the math down to an absolute minimum (none if I can help it), so just remember this beginning reference for where your character stands at the beginning of the RP and we'll be good to go.

Again simplicity is the name of the game and hopefully this is all simple enough! If you need clarification on anything, let me know!!

Skills

I've decided, for the sake of simplicity, that Skills will be entirely Player Created.

Here's how it works.

1) In the Player Menu (or the "Start Menu" when you press "Pause") there is a Skills option.

2) Select it.

3) You will be taken to a Skill Creation menu where you can choose the weapon you wish to create a Skill for.

4) Select your chosen weapon.

5) You may now choose how to construct the Skill with the following attributes in mind:

* Target - Single Enemy or AOE.

* NOS
- The Number of Strikes, 20 being the maximum number allowed.

- AOE Skills can only have 1 Strike, but that one Strike is capable of doing the maximum possible damage give your weapon, player stats, and your positioning and timing of its use in combat. The downside is that they have a large Stamina Cost and a long cool down time (40 seconds to be exact) before they can be used again.

* Stamina Cost
- The Stamina Cost per each Strike that the Skill has. The higher your Stamina Cost per hit, the greater your Damage Output will be depending on your equipped weapon, accessories, and your skill and timing in the Skill's use in combat. The opposite is also true. The lower your Stamina Cost, the lower your Damage Output will be.

- You have 100 Stamina to work with at the start of the RP, so calculate and craft your Skills carefully. As you Level Up and add more to your Stamina, you can continue adding a higher Stamina cost to your Skills to increase the overall damage they do as you go higher in Level. And yes, you can edit and adjust the Skills you've already made so they can scale and grow with you as you progress.

* Effect
- You have the option to add 1 Effect to your Skill, but if you do it significantly reduces the Damage done by the Skill overall to accommodate the de-buff you've just given it.

- If you want to maximize your Damage Output, don't add an Effect. But if you don't mind giving up a bit of Damage, add an Effect and, if used correctly, it could prove just as dangerous.

Example Skill

This example will be used in the RP by Saya, and I will have her create it in my next post.

Name: Butterfly's Wing

Target: Single
NOS: 6
Stamina: 12/Strike
Effect: Bleeding

Overall Damage Output: 25

Saya will create the Butterfly's Wing Skill for use against humanoid enemies. After activating the Skill, the system takes over and assists her in slashing in a pattern resembling a butterfly's wings which target the joints of each major exterior limb before slashing from groin to head, and back down from head to groin.

This Skill adds the Bleeding Effect on the final strike if she manages to hit all six, but if she misses even one Strike the Bleeding Effect will fail to activate. She must land all 6 Strikes to activate Bleeding, which causes the enemy's HP to drop by 0.5% every 5 seconds. Doesn't sound like much, but it does wonders against enemies with larger HP pools like bosses.

It's a rather brutal Skill if you consider its real life targets, but she initially designs it to be pretty and doesn't realize its true damage potential when she makes it. She'll discover that later when she makes more Skills.

Remember this world focuses on realism as much as possible despite it being a VR MMORPG. Enemies function as if they were real creatures, so every time you hit a weak point like a joint or soft point of flesh like the throat, you do extra damage.

NOTE: That information about the realism of enemies and how they react to where and how they've been attacked has not been shared with Players, so your characters will have to discover it for themselves in-game.

But please don't do that right away. There's no rush. Just play, have fun, and relax. Your character will eventually start observing the more they grind for EXP and such that when they hit enemies certain ways, there seems to be more damage dealt to them. They'll then start testing things out to see where they're hitting to get that extra damage, and before long they'll figure it out.

But let it take time. Again, there's no rush. I don't want to see anyone's characters figuring this out for a good while, and I'll be sure to let you know in the OOC thread when I want it to start happening. And when I do let you know, don't do it all at once either. Let it flow and let it happen slowly and naturally. Nobody's a prodigy in this RP, and none of the characters are so good at combat and recognizing what they're doing in combative situations that they'd suddenly realize "Oh, I'm hitting the jugular for increased damage!!"

Remember these characters are normal people who've never actually fought a day in their lives. Some of them may have trained in martial arts a bit, but that's not the same as actually having battled creatures and enemies like we'll face in the RP. The first time we face down enemies, it's like facing them down in real life so there's going to be intimidation and natural fear of "What if I screw up?", "Where should I attack them?" "How do I use this thing?!" etc.

Be natural and be realistic. Your characters are Deep Diving in this game. This isn't a 3rd person RPG on a console. Your characters are living this experience. They're seeing it through their own eyes. They're not used to this yet, nor should they act like it. It's a whole new world and a whole new experience of them. They'll need time to get used to it.

On another note...

Damage Output, mentioned in Saya's Skill information, is just a fancy number which gives you a rough estimate on how powerful your Skill is on a 1 - 1,000 Scale. There's a lot going on under the system hood to calculate how much HP is taken from each enemy in combat, so don't worry about that. This is not an "amount of HP taken from each enemy per hit" kind of number. This is a relative number.

At lower Levels, like Level 1, your first several Skills will be lucky to breach 35 points in the Damage Output scale. Even then that will only happen if you're really good at balancing your skills and maximizing their potential with proper NOS to Stamina Costs relationships.

I don't want anyone doing this in the RP yet when they create Skill as the information has not been released to the Players at any point in the game's development or advertising campaign. I don't want it happening by luck either. But here's what the system would consider optimum numbers for a Skill to reach the maximum capability of 35 Damage Output at Level 1:

* Target - Single
* NOS - 12
* Stamina Cost - 8.5
* Effect - None

This is what the system considers optimum at Level 1 for a Player using a single handed Sword, and it would result in the maximum amount of damage possible. But again I don't want anyone doing this. This is just a reference for you to work off of. If anyone makes the optimum Skill right away at Level 1, I'm going to be pissed.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back