• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Valakerra Academy of Magic Abilities (not yet open)

Lefic

Professional Idiot
You're free to talk about what you want in here. I'll also be asking questions to do with the future of the RP here, so pay attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll make the opening post when we have at least 3 other people. Don't post in main until then. Thank you.

Hello, I'm trying to get back into the "play per post" style of Roleplaying after a year of doing only Tabletop.

Before I make a character, I want to learn a bit more about your world...

Specifically:

- Does the way magic manifests, unique to each person? Can you teach someone to cast a fireball? Both?

- Can magical powers be temporarily or permanently removed via artefacts, substances, or latent powers?

-How powerful are the most legendary magicians/witches/wizards? Reality warping or what?

-Is Necromancy a thing? Is it just another form of magic or is it a forbidden art?

-Anything else vital to playing a magician in your world.

Thanks for your time! Hope to hear from you soon!

Does the way magic manifests, unique to each person? Can you teach someone to cast a fireball? Both?

It's unique to them in the way that they mainly have that one power that they use. More than one person can have the same power. Powers are like gifts that a character is especially skilled at. Most people only use their one and only ability but since everyone contains magic power, through hard work it is possible to learn other things.

Can magical powers be temporarily or permanently removed via artefacts, substances, or latent powers?

Of course, but it is harder to remove magical powers from people who are more skilled.

How powerful are the most legendary magicians/witches/wizards? Reality warping or what?

The most powerful would be able to cause massive changes such as making it snow in summer and things like that. You're free to put what ever you want on your character sheet and I'll just tell you if you need to tweak anything.

Is Necromancy a thing? Is it just another form of magic or is it a forbidden art?

Sure, that can be a power. I guess that it's possible to learn necromancy as a second magic but the most powerful necromancers are born with it as their magical ability.

Feel free to ask me any more questions if you have any.

@Neotaremancer

I'm working on the opening post and will post it when we have enough role players to start. Hopefully two more people will join and we can begin roleplaying.

Thanks to everyone who has joined so far, the roleplay is finally open. I figured that we should start the roleplay and a few more people would choose to join after the beginning. Thank you for joining me. Let's work together so this roleplay doesn't die before it gets interesting.

I'm quite busy right now so I'll make my first post when I have some free time later today.

@thebrokendoll @JessieCarrie @Nano @Phoenix Dixon @Stickly22 @Alphaius @future joiners

Hi guys. Thanks for joining. I wanted to ask you all a question.

What do you want the first plot to be?

All of you can post your own ideas and vote up other ideas by liking them. I don't want to control this roleplay fully, so I want you guys to decide on something you all like. Perhaps the school decided to go on a trip that goes wrong. Maybe Valakerra Academy is trying to increase its reputation by entering the students in a tournament. I hope you all can contribute in some way.

(Hopefully, the plan is that when we finish one plot we then choose another. I'll try my best not to let this roleplay die, I hope you can help me with that.)

I think we should piss off a powerful entity on this field trip and have to deal with an adventure involving its divine fury :D

@Alphaius @JessieCarrie

Yep. I like the sound of that idea. It's the highest ranking so far. I'll give two more days for anybody else to submit their idea and then we can choose a final one.

Lefic said:
@thebrokendoll @JessieCarrie @Nano @Phoenix Dixon @Stickly22 @Alphaius @future joiners
Hi guys. Thanks for joining. I wanted to ask you all a question.

What do you want the first plot to be?

All of you can post your own ideas and vote up other ideas by liking them. I don't want to control this roleplay fully, so I want you guys to decide on something you all like. Perhaps the school decided to go on a trip that goes wrong. Maybe Valakerra Academy is trying to increase its reputation by entering the students in a tournament. I hope you all can contribute in some way.

(Hopefully, the plan is that when we finish one plot we then choose another. I'll try my best not to let this roleplay die, I hope you can help me with that.)
What the logo of the school should be

Hi again guys. Just posting to let you know that I plan to start the first in-school scene tomorrow.

I never really thought about that, @Phoenix Dixon . Any ideas?

So, is there a limit on powers? (As in, what you can or can't have)

Very interested in joining, but need to know exactly what I can and can't have.

@Alphaius no need to worry, no time control this time xD

For the first event of the story, we'll be going with the idea submitted by @Alphaius .

I already posted the next post. Hope you guys like the newest character introduced to the story, the headmaster is surely one of my favourites.

@Lefic

Is the Rp still open? I made a character but there was no response saying if he was accepted or not.

FeIix said:
@Lefic
Is the Rp still open? I made a character but there was no response saying if he was accepted or not.
Ethan Hart]Was wondering the same question. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/28439-lefic/ said:
@Lefic[/URL]
My apologies, I was tired yesterday and didn't see them. I'm going to read through them and accept them now.

Lefic said:
My apologies, I was tired yesterday and didn't see them. I'm going to read through them and accept them now.
It's cool. And such confidence in our abilities? I'm touched

Lefic said:
Hi again guys. Just posting to let you know that I plan to start the first in-school scene tomorrow.
I never really thought about that, @Phoenix Dixon . Any ideas?
Maybe mmmmmmmmm. A mouse or type of cat. Or a DRAGON! (Just to be funny!)

[QUOTE="Phoenix Dixon]Maybe mmmmmmmmm. A mouse or type of cat. Or a DRAGON! (Just to be funny!)

[/QUOTE]
Nah, it's need to be something weak. Make it a human

[QUOTE="Ethan Hart]Nah, it's need to be something weak. Make it a human

[/QUOTE]
Or maybe a mosquito!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back