• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy V.A.G.E. ( A 1x1 VillainxHero Rp)

Wolf only had enough time to turn his head before Liliana was on him. The surprise on his face was shadowed by the hood and his temporary mask. She grabbed his shirt and tossed him against the wall letting out a small “oof” as his back hit the wall. He felt her forearm press against his neck, and he instinctively reached up to push it off him, even just an inch so he could breathe. He locked eyes with her, if looks could kill he was sure she was doing it nice and slow making sure he felt every ounce of pain she could inflect. She began to rant and rave, telling him the risk she was taking to him, how she’s been wanting to strangle him, how if something were to happen no one in her life would know where she was. Wolf was taken aback, he had never seen her like this before, she always seemed to calm and collective. Yes, a little cocky at times but it never got to her head that she would make mistakes that could cost her, “You expect me to feel sorry for you?” Wolf suddenly says as he pushes back against her. He got in her face as he continued, “The world isn’t going to bend at your will just because you want something! Who the hell do you think you are? Just because you have powers you think everything is just going to fall in your lap. Let me tell you something Love, the world is a cruel place that will eat you up and spit you out. If you don’t keep that in mind you are just going to be another chalk outline in the streets!” It was as if Declan’s life flashed before his eyes as the words left his mouth. Everyone he cared about, the tragedy he accidentally survived, everything that led him to this moment flashed through his mind as the two sworn enemies stood in silence.

That’s when Wolf saw an opening. He quickly shoved Liliana away before a chain wrapped around her waist and pulled her away with such velocity it forced her through one of the walls of the room kicking up dirt and drywall dust into the air clouding his vision for a moment. Normally he would be cautious when he couldn’t lay eyes on the agent, especially when she was angry, however, he didn’t hear her move and was surprised to see her on the ground still when he walked through the hole. He knew she had a high pain tolerance so simply throwing her through the wall wasn’t enough to keep her on the ground like that. Which probably meant she was mentally defeated. If this was a month ago, he would reveal in this form of victory taunting her relentlessly and maybe tossing her around with his chains. However, he didn’t feel like doing that as a ping of guilt sat on his heart, so this is what you do to the women you “love”? he shook his head as he steps closer into the room, “is this what you look like when you don’t get your way, agent?” He says before he crosses his arms, “pitiful, like a spoiled child who didn’t get the toy they wanted.” he half turned towards the hole he created but kept his eyes on her, “I expected more from you, much more.” With those words said he turned around once again and walked off this time keeping his ears open and his ability at the ready just in case, she tried to attack him again and was disappointed when she didn’t.

He stepped out into the cool air, jumped to the top of one of the buildings and walked his way towards the building where he stored his clothes and bike. He felt the guilt rise up once again as the image of Liliana laying on the floor appeared in his mind. Did he go too far? Push her too far? He did have these feelings for her and yet he still taunted her, toyed with her. Should he separate himself from her? This job got a lot harder since the kiss last week. These feelings, he hasn’t felt like this since falling for…He heard a faint rumbling that cut through his thoughts. It didn’t take him long to figure out what it was and where it was coming from. He pulled out his phone from his pants and opened the screen, the brightness flash banging his eyes after getting used to the darkness. He read the text several times and each time he stopped himself from text back. Should he text her back? He just left her on the floor in the building and now he’s going to go there and play hero? Pretty pathitic of you, Declan he shook his head as his fingers tapped on the buttons of his phone, this is a bad idea, you’re missing the plot he was about to push send when she suddenly sent him the address where she was at. He recognized the address as it was the same place he just left her don’t do it, Declan. You’re just getting too involved, do your job and move on Declan quickly typed ‘I’m on my way’ before quickly getting changed into his normal outfit you’re seriously missing the plot Declan…

Declan made sure to take the long way to get to Lily. Getting to her too fast could cause her to become suspicious, although the streets where empty with how late it was so getting there too fast would still be realistic, right? He turned the corner and slowly drove down the road looking left and right trying to find her before he saw a lone figure standing near an alleyway, her gaze on the ground and then at him when she heard the engine of his bike getting closer. He stopped in front of her and jumped off his bike. He barely took off his helmet when Liliana suddenly rushed him and hugged him tightly. He was caught off guard before he slowly wrapped his arms around her and held tightly, making sure he didn’t accidently hit her with his helmet since she didn’t give him time to put it down god you’re such an asshole, Declan He felt her tremble a little and he rubbed her back to try and calm her down, “Are you ok, Lily?” Wow, you really are an asshole he suddenly heard soft sobs and felt her balling up the fabric of shirt under her fist as if she was trying to keep herself from cry, “Lily,” he says softly before he buries his head in her shoulder and just holds her. He didn’t have the words to comfort her. How could he? He was the one who caused this wasn’t he? And now here he was trying to play the part of caring boyfriend…or friend, “I’m here, Lily, I’m here.” He says as he rubs her back, “I got you.”

Once she got herself under control Declan led her back to his bike and waited until she got on before he handed her his helmet. Surprisingly, she didn’t fight him and just put it on as he got on his bike. She knew the routine; she wrapped her arms around his midsection and tapped him giving him the signal she was ready. Declan nodded and gave her hand a squeeze, it didn’t mean anything, but he felt he had to do it. The drive was nothing worth writing home about, he did take the freeway as usual, cruising through the empty freeway and missing two of the exits before taking the third which would add ten minutes to the drive, but he was sure she didn’t mind, she liked riding his bike after. Declan slowed to a stop as they reached the parking lot of her apartment building. He kicked down the stand and turned off his bike before tapping her hand to signal it was safe for her to get off. She didn’t react, in fact, she didn’t even move. Even when Declan turned his head to look at her she stayed in her position, “we’re here Lily.” He calls to her, his hand tapping her hand again but this time running his thumb along the top of her hand, along her knuckles. He saw her shoulders rise and fall before he got off and took off her helmet. She handed him his Helmit, “thanks.” He says but found himself grabbing her hand instead of his helmet it was holding. The non couple locked eyes for a moment, “Lily, what happened?” he asked a ping of guilt as he already knew the answer so he decided to change the question a little, “this week has been weird.” He chuckled trying to insert some humor, but it fell flat.

Lilianna.png

1713992297359.jpeg
MangoGoGo MangoGoGo

“Is this what you look like when you don’t get your way, Agent?” His words echoed in her mind just as if the world was nothing but an empty room. "Pitiful, like a spoiled child who didn’t get the toy they wanted.” He wasn't wrong. V.A.G.E. Had her as their golden child, one of the best agents they had and put her so high on a pedestal that now it finally hit her that she wasn't as high and mighty as she once thought. Villains didn't play by the rules, they weren't going to work with her even if it meant it would help them in the long run. “I expected more from you, much more.” Wolf slammed the nail in the coffin so hard that she was sure that the wood had split in the process. Even a Villain expected more from her than a seemingly spoiled child. "He's right..." The words came softly from her mouth as she felt like she could kick herself in the ass. Never before did she have an issue like this... But maybe her lens that she had been using was only one way and was only black and white... Maybe there was more to it than what meets the eye. Wrapping her arms around herself, she waited outside the alley with her hood down and her cloak covering her body Perhaps I need to refresh myself... Reflect... Look at everything that's changed around me... Nothing was the same as it used to be, she had Tiffany to worry about, Declan to... Well... Figure out. She wanted him, she really did. But yet she was keeping him at arms length and only bringing him in when it was convenient for her. That wasn't right.

Blue hues lowered to the ground, sometimes lifting to make sure nothing caught her off guard. The only time she did notice something different was the sound of an engine filling the air. When she had looked, she knew instantly that it was Declan. Who always dropped everything for her, would always be by her side like he said he would. James was cruel. Really, really, cruel. The man that she was falling in love with stopped in front of her and got off his bike before following that up with removing the helmet. The agent did not spare a second the moment his helmet had been removed. She had thrown herself into his arms and held him tightly as if he was going to float away from her as all the emotions finally crushed her and her body trembled here and there. He really did show... I know he told me he was on his way I just... I'm so stupid... It didn't take long for her eyes to blur up before tears began to race down her face and soft sobs escaped her lips. It seemed like she was starting to realize that maybe she was more fucked up than she had thought. Maybe she did need to reflect a hell of a lot harder than before. Fingers grasped the fabric underneath her hands as she could feel Declan's head being buried into her with his soft voice. He was seriously her kryptonite. "Declan..." Even as his name went past her lips, she had only grasped tighter and cried even more.

It took a hot minute to control herself, pull everything back into its box that it spilled from and shut it tight for now. It was almost as if Declan knew that she was ready as he slowly pulled from her and guided her to his bike. One of the favorite things in her life was riding with him while he rode at dangerous speeds. He handed her his helmet and as much as she hated when he did this, he did it for her safety. It was kind of him every time she didn't have her own at one point. But she didn't hate it any less. They mounted the bike, followed the usual, and were off. The ride was as good as it always was, making her feel free with the wind brushing her skin and her hair flowing through it. But this time, it didn't feel as exhilarating as it had before. Though it did give her time to think a little bit before they stopped. When she looked, they were already home... That was too fast... So fast that she wasn't ready to leave Declan's side even after he parked. His touch was soft, trying to give comfort to her before he got up and helped her pull the helmet off and when she held it out, he grabbed her hand instead and she moved said-helmet onto the seat in front of her. Butterflies fluttered in her core while their gazes locked Even when driving without his helmet to get that messy look, he still looks handsome. The agent thought before he asked her what happened and then tried to make light of the situation.

Declan tried, she would definitely give him that. He even got a small smile out of her as her hand had squeezed his a little "I... Mmm..." It was almost as if there was a cotton ball in her throat, making it hard for her to admit she forced a meeting with Wolf. Before he could speak, Lily pulled up her other hand to stop him and let out a gentle sigh and forced herself to spill the beans "I... I tracked down an accomplice of Wolf... He gave me the address that I gave you because I demanded he meet up with me." Eyes dropped down a little bit towards the ground "We met up... He took precautions of course but I wasn't going there to fight. He's the whole reason why I started to... Look into the incident. The Island." Looking back to him, she drew in a breath and paused for a moment before releasing it "I tried to get some answers since everything at V.A.G.E. is red taped. Im as high of a level as can be for my role and it still isn't enough." Reaching for his other hand, she grasped that one too "I didn't... I'm sorry I didn't tell you...I should've... I've been planning this for a full week and it was all for nothing. I just needed something. Needed anything to get by it. Just information from the source alone." Lifting her eyes to lock with his golden ones, her expression was soft and remourseful.

James had done so much between going behind his back, shoving him away, leading him on... It was selfish and she was very ignorant. Spoiled. That's what she was. As much as she hated the word, it didn't make it any less truthful. Stepping closer to him she pressed her gentle lips upon his cheek because lets face it, he came out here for her and it was late at night. He didn't have to and on top of it all... He deserved it. Actually he deserved far more after what she's pulled. "I'm spoiled rotten, Declan. I don't ask for help, I expect answers when I demand them and throw a tantrum when I don't get them... He was right." Lilliana's forehead rested against his shoulder as she used it as an advantage to hide her face "I'm like a child all over again. When I thought I had it all figured out... I didn't." It had been so easy to talk to him, open up to him. When she got too comfortable she got scared and closed up like a clam. "He didn't need to beat me up with his fists, his words were sharper than a knife if I'm honest. Probably thought he'd never win like that before." Pulling her hands from the comfort of his warm ones, she pulled away slightly and cupped his face in her hands while her blue eyes looked over his features. "I'm not the woman everyone thinks I am. This badass, this flawless being who always brings justice..." This night was really starting to get to her. This is why she drank wine at night, to just calm down. To think. To process.

"Enough about that..." Thumbs brushed against his cheeks softly as the continued "I've also hurt you. I've avoided you for a full week after the night at my apartment." A dusting of a blush came up to her lips "And... I shouldn't have. I loved everything in that moment. The way you held me, the way you kissed my skin...The way you kissed me." Lily's face got even redder as she almost seemed to hide it by looking away "I'm really sorry." Everything spilled like a child spilling their drink. It just went and that was it. Those hands of hers went to slip down to his chest, feeling his heart thump against her palm. Maybe she should head inside, let him go home and sleep. Who knows how long he's been up for at this rate and they had work in the morning. Luckily Jeannie had off as she was currently watching Tiffany back in the apartment. "I wouldn't...Expect you to still want me after that...After all this..." Wow she really was acting like a teenager. What the hell happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back