• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Upstairs, Downstairs (Downton Abbey Era RP)

SandraDeelightful

Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee
The year is 1910, in the Ebbington Manor in Yorkshire. For centuries, Ebbington has been the home of the Covington family, Dukes of Singleton. The current Duke lives there with his wife, the Duchess of Singleton, their eight children, and their servants. All is well, and everything seems like it will remain the way it has been for centuries. However, no one can predict the future. The sinking of the Titanic, the Great War, as well as new inventions like the telephone and the wireless, and the decline of the British aristocracy, bringing changes that neither nobles nor servants expect.

Many social reforms are coming, reforms that will change the lives of everyone at Covington forever. Many new opportunities for people of a lower class will bring them more options than servitude, and many more opportunities for women are presenting themselves, making being just a wife and mother one of multiple options for women, as well as the women's suffrage movement, determined to get women the right to vote and the right to own land. Some adapt to the changing social climate better than others, who would rather stay in the past, where everyone and everything were in their place. Others accept the future with open arms, ready for whatever the future has in store.

Anyone interested?

I've never watched Downton Abbey, but I believe I know and like enough about the era to manage. I'm interested! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back