• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Uprising!

TheOddball

Allons-y!
CLOSED UNLESS I HAVEN'T ACTUALLY GOT FOUR PEOPLE

So, I was listening to

and I was like, I'd love to do a rebellion roleplay.
The setting would be some random country (does not have to be Earth, maybe an Earth-like place though) where there is a strict regime. It will be set in the future, but quite close so things aren't too different. I will probably write a little paragraph about what this place is like if this gets interest. Anyway, many people are unhappy and being terrorised, but only a group of people can come together and lead the people. These people have superpowers, and have been in hiding, but are slowly meeting up and discussing a takeover.

As far as superpowers go, almost anything is allowed that wouldn't be OP. They must have weaknesses. The dictator's army would be huge so a group of slightly powerful beings wouldn't be enough.

THREE CHARACTERS EACH IS THE LIMIT! FOUR PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO JOIN FOR NOW! (I HAVE REACHED THAT TARGET) Good spelling and grammar is a must; one paragraph per post at least.

The State:

• This is the country, it does a have proper name but I can't think of one yet, so we'll just refer to it as 'The State'.
  • The State has maybe three major cities, but the capital city is right by the sea, and this is where our characters would reside. There are smaller towns and countryside.
  • The State is on the border of another country and on the other side of it is the ocean.
  • The State is controlled by a dictator and his one-party parliament (so a bit like Nazi Germany). He is the third dictator in a row. The State used to be a free nation.
  • There are huge wealth gaps, most people are are just above the breadline with a number of incredibly wealthy families.
  • The media is controlled, so are things like entertainment. Opinions are strictly controlled.
  • There is gender inequality, and The State is very Conservative in general.
  • The police force is brutal.
  • There are a group of islands that are not patrolled and there are secret caverns that lead to underground bases, this is where our characters would meet.

The character sheet:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] (include nicknames here also)
[b]Age:[/b] (over 16 and under 40 please! Can only one of your characters be between 16-19 though, so its not full of teenagers)
[b]Gender:[/b] (non-binary included)
[b]Race:[/b] (skin colour essentially)
[b]Accent:[/b] (The State doesn't have a specific accent)
[b]Sexuality:[/b] (anything goes)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (my limit is to be human, or at least could pass for human, you can change into anything though.
[b]Personality:[/b] (make sure you have some flaws!)
[b]Superpowers and weaknesses:[/b] (like I said, make sure you're not OP and you have weaknesses)
[b]History:[/b] (be as traumatic as you want, or not)

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost sounds like a crazy awesome version of the Hunger Games. (Except with like, no fighting to the death in arena's) I'm really interested in this! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back