• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Uprising

Tryss

One Thousand Club
Character sign up:

Uprising | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

The shifters and the humans have been at war ever since the first village was found in a Brazilian forest. That was in 2000. Fifteen years later, the humans have won for the most part.

Hundreds of thousands of shifters have captured. At first, the humans just killed them. Slaughtered entire families. Burnt whole villages to the ground.

But, like people will, they eventually found a way to make money off the whole thing. Shifters age at half the rate of a human, they’re stronger, faster, and arguably smarter. The only reason they lost the war at all was numbers…and primitive weapons. Turns out, even a pack of wolfs and a pride of lions can’t take down a military armed with silver bullet spewing machine guns.

By the beginning of 2008 they were being sold as slaves. At first, no one thought it would work. What’s to stop them from killing their masters and their families? They argued. The answer was a simple one: the compound. It’s a ruthless, horrible place, where shifters are tortured into submission. The mere mention of it is enough to turn the bravest of warriors to jello.

Recently however, some of the shifters have begun rising up despite the threats of the compound and silver-lined weapons. They’re taking back their freedom one victory at a time.

Some shifters are eager to join the rebellion. Others are so brainwashed they’ll die to protect their masters.

Terminology:

True years – Age counted in human years

Shifter years – Age counted in shifter years

I apologize, I completely forgot to add character options.

CHARACTER OPTIONS:

Shifters:

Enslaved Shifter – Enslaved shifters live with their masters or mistresses. Some have fairly decent relationships with their masters/mistresses, some aren't quite so lucky.

Shifters in compound – These shifters live in the compound. Their lives are far worse than those who are enslaved. They’re at the mercy of the sadistic compound employees.

Free Shifters – These shifters live in villages that have yet to be overtaken by the military. The likelihood of them remaining free for long is very slim.

Runaways: These shifters have already killed their masters, or run away by another means. They're the grassroots of the Uprising. Most of them are in search of other shifters to join their cause.

Some shifters are eager to join. Others will fight to the death for their masters.

Humans are always hunting for them. If they're spotted they're often killed, unless the shifters are able to kill the humans first.

If captured alive they're taken to the compound where the employees try to extract information by any means necessary.

Humans:

Master/Mistress – Some are fair, some are cruel.

Military – These people are on the front lines. Their job is to capture the shifters. They’re under direct orders not to kill any of them. The reasoning behind that being that they’re too valuable. However, any shifter who becomes too violent, or too much trouble they do kill. After all, who’s going to know?

Compound employees – It’s the job of the employees to make the lives of the shifters unlucky enough to walk through their doors as miserable as possible. The running theory is that once they’re sold, they’ll be so grateful to their masters for saving them, that they’ll be obedient.

If they're stupid enough to become violent or attempt to run, their masters have the option of sending them back to the compound for what the employee’s have affectionately nicknamed a ‘reminder’. They’re kept for between one day and two weeks.

If they continue to be a problem after that, they’re usually destroyed by their owners.

More about the villages:

The villages are primitive. Often the huts are made from straw, mud and clay. They have very little use for fire, but have been known to have a community fire pit where parties and other social gathering are held. Usually between two hundred and five hundred shifters live in one village.

So far, several thousand villages have been raided. Still, only a small portion of the forest has been explored. No one knows exactly how many villages there are.

More about the shifters:

Shifters are very prideful species. They're raised to value honor and virtue above all else.

They’re loyal to their own species. Even those from a different village will often come to the aid of a shifter in need. Shifter males will often do anything they can to protect the females and the young ones.

Before the humans invaded, they kept to themselves. War has never interested them. Their beliefs have greatly been challenged as of late. Some of them are becoming violent.

Shifters are family oriented, they believe in community, love and peace.

Shifters have one shift each. So they may have a human form and one animal form. Animal forms are always carnivorous. Examples include but are not limited to: wolves, panthers, jaguars, tigers ect..

Shifters are highly allergic to silver. A cut by any other material will almost instantly heal, a cut by means of a silver (blade, whip, whatever else) will heal at a much slower rate.

Shifters cannot get sick. They cannot contract any human illnesses. This makes them ideal workers.

Silver isn't the only way to kill them, but it's certainly the easiest if you're a human.

MORE ABOUT THEIR USE:

Most masters and mistresses tend to use them for household duties. Many farmers will use them to tend to the needs of the farm. Many business owners will use them as free labor.

Some of the more unsavory humans will use them for fighting. It's like an amped up version of dog fighting. Winners are usually treated well. Losers are often punished or killed.

More about the compound:

Anything goes. That’s the rule the employees live by. Whatever they can dream up to make the shifter’s life hell, they can do.

There are laws in place that require that the employees not kill any shifters. The law is largely ignored by all.

Most compound employees are sadistic, maniacal people. It is widely accepted by both humans and shifters that it’s employees are for the most part sociopaths.

BASIC RULES:

Keep sexually explicit content to a minimum.

No God moding.

If you see a character to pair with your own (let’s say your character is a master/mistress, and you see a character you’d like your character to own) message the person and get their permission.

Obviously this is going to be fairly violent. If you have triggers that deal with violence, this probably isn’t the rp for you.

If I get enough interest I’ll start a thread and link it here. I’ll have character forms there.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks pretty good, but what I'd like to know is if you could Rp as humans instead of these shifters and certain things along those lines. But beyond that this looks pretty good.

Sounds like something with great potential, but i'm with the guy above. Can you play as a baddie human? Because that would give a lot of fun opportunities.

Yep absolutely.

Sorry forgot to mention that part.

CUckler said:
This looks pretty good, but what I'd like to know is if you could Rp as humans instead of these shifters and certain things along those lines. But beyond that this looks pretty good.

Bobisdead123 said:
Interested, how will it work?
I will edit the original post in a few moments to explain character options and settings.

Definitely open to suggestions though.

Tryss said:
I will edit the original post in a few moments to explain character options and settings.
Definitely open to suggestions though.
I'll wait till you add the stuff in before suggesting

StoneWolf18 said:
Interested! What level might this be though?
Preferably detailed, but I'd accept casual as well depending upon where everyone's interest lies.

Tryss said:
Preferably detailed, but I'd accept casual as well depending upon where everyone's interest lies.
I would prefer detailed as well but casual is fine as long as the posts remain over a paragraph.

StoneWolf18 said:
I would prefer detailed as well but casual is fine as long as the posts remain over a paragraph.
My thoughts exactly. I feel like it's too detailed of a plot for short responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back