• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern upper eastside

Characters
Here

Melanin-Gxdess

Give up on your dreams and die.
[div class=background][div class=second] [div class=topimg]
[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box][div class=over]overview[/div]
The Upper East Side. Manhattan, New York. Home of old money and classic New York sophistication. Unlike the loud, bustling streets of New York City, the Upper East Side is cool, calm, and collected; unhurried. You can take in the sights and everywhere you turn, walking down the streets you can observe the history, art, and the refined nature of the city. Unfortunately, the people that live in this peaceful city are anything but peaceful. Their lives are so busy whether they be businessmen, artists, models, fashion designers; they never seem to slow down. The only time it seems these rushed people are able to take a second is during the annual East Side Charity Ball. The ESCB is an event that has been thrown every year for the past 99 years by a mysterious person no one has met and this year marks 100. The IT people always show up, trying to out dress each other and outbid each other on different arts, jewelry, and even dates for the night. It'll be the most talked about event of the year. But this time, they won't be talking about it because of 'Who Wore It Best'. No, they'll be talking about this because this is where everyone's life changes. Everyone's deepest, darkest secrets will come to light and they will all be forced to live with those secrets out in the open. [div class=over]rules[/div]
[div class=num]1.[/div] Oy! Don't join then abandon me! I'll do a pulse check every Wednesday!

[div class=num]2.[/div] This is a Semi-Adv RP, which means no one liners. They make me cringe. At least a paragraph, pls.

[div class=num]3.[/div] If you have any questions, let me know!

[div class=over]links[/div]
CHARACTERS - MAIN - OOC​
[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words][div class=i]u[/div]pper eastside
[div class=bottomwords]"Whenever you feel like critisizing someone,
Just remember that all the people in this world
Haven't had the advantages you've had."
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby [/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: @undine[/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #f1f1f1 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #CFCFCF; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(http://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/3a/19/783a198a811f72ede159e2b6d8f44ce9.jpg); background-size:105%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wingsoffirefanon/images/4/42/1§.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180806190151); background-size: 120%; background-position: 55% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #000000; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #000000; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: black; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:16px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #ACACAC; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

(code by @undine )

Last edited:

tumblr_myl8ccP6T51s4pkh3o1_500.gif

In a more detailed version, this RP is loosely based on 'Gossip Girl' and barely on 'The Night Before'. Our characters will be the actual 1% and not their kids. Now, if you want them to have kids that's totally different just remember that you're playing the adults. This RP is HEAVILY dependant upon the relationships you plan and form with the other RPers and characters. The secrets you will be allowed to come up with HOWEVER, you won't put this in your CS but you'll send me a message about your secret. Full disclosure, no one else will know about it (makes the reveal more dramatic). Now, if your secret involves another person, I ask that you keep it between you and the others involved. You're allowed to have up to 2 characters. If you're creating characters that only show up a few times and aren't critical to the plot, those will be labeled as NPC's and you can have up to 4 of those. Now, the RP won't actually START with the ball, but months before that and leading up to it. It'll give everyone a chance to play out their characters, deepen bonds that sort of thing before all hell breaks loose. Hopefully that clears some things up at least.
*IMPORTANT*
Please be aware that I may ask you to tweak your character (I probably won't but still) to better fit

This page will be used for anyone who would prefer to use the OOC and not discord.

AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami is my Co-GM. Anything this loser says flies.

Discord link: Join the upper eastside Discord Server!

Last edited:
Is it okay to have multiple of the same role, it's just I'm writing my character sheet and the two roles I had in mind just got claimed. It's okay if it's not, I just thought I'd ask.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
hey there love! sorry to just jump into your ooc, but ive been watching this silently and was curious-- once the role says reserved, no one else can try for it? just wanna be 100% clear! ^^

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
hey there love! sorry to just jump into your ooc, but ive been watching this silently and was curious-- once the role says reserved, no one else can try for it? just wanna be 100% clear! ^^
I'm about to do a clean up! So, whoever doesn't respond to my pulse check or whoever pulls out, I'll let you know!

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Have you got an update to which characters are currently available? <3

Yes lovey! I'm doing a little thing to see who is still participating so I think more roles other than the ones that are there might open.

MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat dimensional dimensional Dark lord steel Dark lord steel dmgink dmgink myst.erion myst.erion social social deer deer Dak Dak

Hey kiddos!

Just a few little announcements:

1:
If you haven't yet, but you are still interested and actively participating in this RP then I need you to join the Discord and post at least a WIP on the CS page NLT Friday, 9:00PM EST.

2:
I need ALL CS done by next Wednesday NLT 9:00PM EST as I plan to start this next Saturday at 7:00PM EST.

3:
A lot of you haven't sent your secrets in and they have to be done along with your CS. You can send it to both AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami and myself in an RpN PM or on Discord, it doesn't matter.

4:
Please be sure to send a sample writing, please!

(I think that's it for now...)

Thankies!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back