• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Upper Eastside Interest

AkuTheWolfOkami

The Shape-shifting Master of Goatees and Darkness

[div class=background][div class=second] [div class=topimg]
[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box][div class=over]overview[/div]
The Upper East Side. Manhattan, New York. Home of old money and classic New York sophistication. Unlike the loud, bustling streets of New York City, the Upper East Side is cool, calm, and collected; unhurried. You can take in the sights and everywhere you turn, walking down the streets you can observe the history, art, and the refined nature of the city. Unfortunately, the people that live in this peaceful city are anything but peaceful. Their lives are so busy whether they be businessmen, artists, models, fashion designers; they never seem to slow down. The only time it seems these rushed people are able to take a second is during the annual East Side Charity Ball. The ESCB is an event that has been thrown every year for the past 99 years by a mysterious person no one has met and this year marks 100. The IT people always show up, trying to out dress each other and outbid each other on different arts, jewelry, and even dates for the night. It'll be the most talked about event of the year. But this time, they won't be talking about it because of 'Who Wore It Best'. No, they'll be talking about this because this is where everyone's life changes. Everyone's deepest, darkest secrets will come to light and they will all be forced to live with those secrets out in the open. [div class=over]rules[/div]
[div class=num]1.[/div] If you can't commit, I understand, but don't bother joining if it's a possibility.

[div class=num]2.[/div] This is NOT a casual roleplay, and I would love some decent writers, but if you're doing your best to become better, you're welcome too! QUALITY OVER QUANTITY

[div class=num]3.[/div] If you have any questions, let me know! But I am NOT going to hold your hand through the process. This is an RPG and less collaborative writing. Your characters have autonomy, but there's no reason for us to discuss every little thing that's going to happen. If I want it to rain, it's going to rain, and you can keep your disdain for it to yourself. HOWEVER, i will explain MOST occurrences and if there is ever an issue we're adults and we can discuss it out.

[div class=num]4.[/div] Before you can reserve another character, you must first complete the one and it be accepted.

[div class=num]5.[/div] First come first served basis, meaning whoever completes their CS first and gets it accepted has that role. This isn't who finishes FIRST, it's who is ACCEPTED FIRST. We reserve the right to request edits or deny your CS flatout. [div class=num]6.[/div] I will work with writers who are trying to get better, but remember QUALITY over QUANTITY. [div class=num]7.[/div] Once you are accepted, the Discord link will be given to you

[div class=over]links[/div]
CHARACTERS - MAIN - OOC
[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words][div class=i]u[/div]pper eastside
[div class=bottomwords]"Whenever you feel like critisizing someone,
Just remember that all the people in this world
Haven't had the advantages you've had."
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby [/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: @undine[/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #f1f1f1 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #CFCFCF; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(http://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/3a/19/783a198a811f72ede159e2b6d8f44ce9.jpg); background-size:105%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wingsoffirefanon/images/4/42/1§.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180806190151); background-size: 120%; background-position: 55% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #000000; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #000000; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: black; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:16px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #ACACAC; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

(code by @undine )

I'm Aku. AkuTheWolf on Twitch :p .

Let's keep it a buck, I've been roleplaying for 17+ years, i don't feel like mathing...might be more. But for sure 17. I've GM'd rp threads for 10+ years. I've DM'd tabletop RPG for 5+ years. I've also written novels before too. My writing however..varies pending on mood....Those are my credentials, and I say that to say this. My co-gm, attempted to run this game and last time we ran into a lot of issues. The roleplayers were decent players, and I actually enjoyed most of their writing, We had no issues IC, it was OOC that the issues were. Part of that was on their end, and part of it was on our end( the gms). In any regard, it discouraged my co-gm from running it so now we've switched places and I'm THE MAIN GM.

So before you join, let's understand something. I'm Haitian, I'm Southern, and I'm a Marine Vet. Talk to me and my gm with respect, or leave the RP. I don't care if the roleplay dies, I will not accept disrespect. BUT I AM AN ALSO AN IDIOT WHO LO
VES TO HAVE FUN SO GO OFF WOOOOOO LET'S GO YAYYYYYYYYY HAVE FUN

TURN UP

LALALAAAAA WAIT TIL I GET MY MONEY RIGHT WOAHHHH OHH H

ok bye
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Neat. If i can get a couple more interested persons, i'll start work on the actual roleplay.

Ok, well that's enough interest at least get the ball rolling... so will tag those of you who expressed interest so far.

I'm in! Reminds me of the Great Gatsby

Also word of advice. Might just be me but I had to highlight the text in the picture because it was dark on a dark screen and thus I couldn't read it...

I'm in! Reminds me of the Great Gatsby

Also word of advice. Might just be me but I had to highlight the text in the picture because it was dark on a dark screen and thus I couldn't read it...

Glad to have you, though there shouldn't be any issues with a text on the back of an image?

When the site is in light mode its hard to read. I had no problem reading it in dark mode though.

Ah I see now that I see now that I switched to light mode, which is interesting. I will look into it eventually...

Sorry, I said I'd have it up a while ago but I'll try and have the character thread up today.

is it too late?
I am up for a party :D
2e9Sg.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back