• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Unthinkable

Lordvader59

Three Thousand Club
A reboot of an old idea I had.
On may 8th, 1945, days after German leader Adolf Hitler ended his life, his nation, the German Third Reich, crumbled and World War II in Europe ended. At Yalta and Potsdam, the victorious Allied powers had already begun on construction of the post war world. In the end, the Soviets held onto most of their wartime gains through outright domination or puppets, and the Iron Curtain fell, beginning a nearly 50 year period of constant tension we today call the Cold War But, there was another plan in the works.
A plan created by Winston Churchill himself nonetheless. This plan, was so Unthinkable that it was even the very name. Operation:Unthinkable was born. If the Soviets failed to turn over their wartime gains after it ended, there would be a third World War before the second had even ended, one between the Soviets and the Democratic West. The Soviets had an immense ground advantage, but the West had an equilizer.
On July 5th, 1945, the nuclear bombs are dropped. Not on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but on Moscow and on troop concentrations in Eastern Europe. Much of the soviet government is obliterated in this deadly nuclear bombing. The Western allies surge forwards with the help of their new allies. These new allies are a revived German Army, equipped with captured German designs and technology. In a truely impressive (and probably historically impossible) feat of engineering, captured German blueprints and designs, many of which stolen by MI6 and the SOS in the two months of peace, were tooled to British and American industry, and Nazi weapons of war like the STG-44 and the ME-262 are serving in the Western armies.
The nuclear attacks stunned the Soviets, they are down, but in no way out. The Allied push was halted in September 1945 in Central Poland. A stalemate ensues as the Soviets grapple with internal power struggles and command shakeups while the West struggles to meet the requirements in sheer manpower to break the deadlock.
THIS is where our characters come in. We will be playing as soldiers on the front lines in Europe. Their daily lives, their interactions with the locals, and the combat they see will be the story we play.

Well I'll be damned. An Alternate History RP where we can play as individual characters?

*Interested*

I am curious if I would be allowed to play a female, german field medic who had been part of the allied forces during the part of the war fought against the third reich and now fights with the west, and snuck onto the front lines pretending to be a man? Specific i know xD but I was inspired.

I am curious if I would be allowed to play a female, german field medic who had been part of the allied forces during the part of the war fought against the third reich and now fights with the west, and snuck onto the front lines pretending to be a man? Specific i know xD but I was inspired.
I think that most of that, except maybe the fact that she was a part of the Allied army against Germany. Perhaps she was drafted into the Volkssturm by the Nazis before the end of the war? In the new war both sides are opening more and more to women as the manpower demands skyrocket.

I'd do a woman as well, but seeing as Smoaki took it, I am willing to play as a Polish male on the side of the Allies, fighting for the Polish Government in Exile stationed in Lublin. Maybe upload a CS soon?

Interested!
Ok so either tomorrow or when we get 1 more player I'll post CS and OOC threads. I have decided that this first RP will focus on the Western allies and an infantry unit on the Polish front with maybe some tank crews if people want to play that. In the future sequels may occur featuring other fronts and units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back